Beginner Mafia, DP3

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 5:33:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The start of DP3 is upon us.

Greyparrot was lynched last day phase and he turned out to be mafia. As the morning comes, we find that Medic0506 was killed by the mafia, as the numbers fall, death creeps closer and closer to all.

Now dead

Medic0506 - townie - killed by mafia NP2
Grey parrot - mafia - lynched DP2
Andro (1) - townie - killed by mafi NP1

Still alive

Freedomsquared
Lickdafoot
MCDCBC
Man-is-good
fubar
Weirdman
Andromeda_Z (2)
Logic on rails

It takes 5 votes to lynch someone, this DP ends Saturday 4 PM PST.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 7:31:38 PM
Since Medic was instrumental in convincing a number of players to lynch the inactivate members, I assume that this (and his suspicions of a few members) is probably the reason why he was killed by the mafia members.

The first premise one can draw is that he was a townie, since it is incomprehensible that the mafia would kill off its own members. However, it might also be a ploy, so...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 7:45:03 PM
At 8/4/2011 7:31:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Since Medic was instrumental in convincing a number of players to lynch the inactivate members, I assume that this (and his suspicions of a few members) is probably the reason why he was killed by the mafia members.

The first premise one can draw is that he was a townie, since it is incomprehensible that the mafia would kill off its own members. However, it might also be a ploy, so...

Medic is confirmed townie, see dead list.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 7:48:48 PM
At 8/4/2011 7:45:03 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/4/2011 7:31:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Medic is confirmed townie, see dead list.

I was just getting suspicious. In a game like this, we can't be too trustworthy with our partners and fellow members....

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 9:51:04 PM
At 8/4/2011 8:56:59 PM, medic0506 wrote:
You big meanie-pies!!!! You knew I was onto you. Come on townies sniff 'em out.

That's why we should disguise our motives. But anyway, dead men don't talk...But feel free to discuss with me about the ongoing procedures of the game on my profile.

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 11:17:28 PM
At 8/4/2011 9:51:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

That's why we should disguise our motives. But anyway, dead men don't talk...But feel free to discuss with me about the ongoing procedures of the game on my profile.

Very good, you see what I did wrong that got me killed off. I knew you'd be a quick study. I won't say anything to help either side though, just doing some cheerleading from the sidelines.

*lies back and closes coffin lid*
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2011 11:45:41 PM
At 8/4/2011 11:17:28 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/4/2011 9:51:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Very good, you see what I did wrong that got me killed off. I knew you'd be a quick study. I won't say anything to help either side though, just doing some cheerleading from the sidelines.

*lies back and closes coffin lid*

I appreciate your new founded sense of humor. In fact, I might join you in the cemetery if the mafia ever want to buy me a coffin to sleep in....

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 9:34:27 AM
well we can't be sure that all people who voted for greyparrot are mafia, but its more likely that those who voted for him are townies. a good place to start from here would be to look at the players that didn't vote for greyparrot. that would be freedom, weirdman and andromeda.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 11:19:58 AM
At 8/5/2011 9:34:54 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
^ meant to say fubar, sorry.

No problem. I think we should also look at anyone that was against Medic in the last couple day phases.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 11:52:29 AM
hmm, well i was one of the ones who went after medic. i was asking him questions moreso than targeting him, but my guesses were wrong.

I think we should go for fubar. He only posted once to vote for freedom and then he never came back to answer any questions. weirdman and andromeda were both active throughout the dp2.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 12:13:43 PM
At 8/5/2011 11:52:29 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
hmm, well i was one of the ones who went after medic. i was asking him questions moreso than targeting him, but my guesses were wrong.

I think we should go for fubar. He only posted once to vote for freedom and then he never came back to answer any questions. weirdman and andromeda were both active throughout the dp2.

Hmm....Well, fubar is another inactive player. I guess we can consider lynching the inactive players first since their loss does not cost us in any way.

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 2:02:03 PM

I think going after fubar would be a good idea. He contradicted himself and never explained it, and last DP he only posted to VTL.

I didn't VTL Greyparrot because I didn't want to end the DP before fubar had a chance to respond. There's no point in asking someone to clarify something if they can't clarify it.

VTL fubar, as an incentive to say something.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:11:53 PM
At 8/5/2011 2:02:03 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I think going after fubar would be a good idea. He contradicted himself and never explained it, and last DP he only posted to VTL.

I didn't VTL Greyparrot because I didn't want to end the DP before fubar had a chance to respond. There's no point in asking someone to clarify something if they can't clarify it.

Sounds like a fair idea, we'll pressure for some answers. VTL fubar
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:45:27 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:11:53 PM, freedomsquared wrote:

I agree with adding to the pressure on Fubar. I'm going to do so. Word of warning though - nobody add a 4th vote until he starts talking, or you set up a likely Mafia kill (or might be Mafia yourself...) . If he's still suspect we can lynch him.

VTL Fubar
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 5:37:26 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:45:27 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

I agree with adding to the pressure on Fubar. I'm going to do so. Word of warning though - nobody add a 4th vote until he starts talking, or you set up a likely Mafia kill (or might be Mafia yourself...) . If he's still suspect we can lynch him.

VTL Fubar

Putting more pressure on Fubar is a good idea. but I'm getting a bit suspicious of Andromeda_z who has only voted once during the first day phase which was a no lynch. She does post a lot so I may e wrong and she is a townie but she is one of the more experienced players so she may just know how to hide being mafia very well. It's just an idea is all.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 6:02:58 PM
At 8/5/2011 5:37:26 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

VTL Fubar

Putting more pressure on Fubar is a good idea. but I'm getting a bit suspicious of Andromeda_z who has only voted once during the first day phase which was a no lynch. She does post a lot so I may e wrong and she is a townie but she is one of the more experienced players so she may just know how to hide being mafia very well. It's just an idea is all.

Get your facts straight, I have voted during each day phase. There ere people who didn't vote at all in the first day phase, so I'm not sure why you're singling me out over that. I'm not sure how a lack of voting would indicate I am mafia, anyway. I don't vote often unless I see how it would help find/kill the mafia, because I don't want to start a situation that would let the mafia hammer a townie.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 6:05:30 PM
At 8/5/2011 6:02:58 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

VTL Fubar

Get your facts straight, I have voted during each day phase. There were people who didn't vote at all in the first day phase, so I'm not sure why you're singling me out over that. I'm not sure how a lack of voting would indicate I am mafia, anyway. I don't vote often unless I see how it would help find/kill the mafia, because I don't want to start a situation that would let the mafia hammer a townie.

Fixed.
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 6:07:28 PM

VTL Fubar

Get your facts straight, I have voted during each day phase. There ere people who didn't vote at all in the first day phase, so I'm not sure why you're singling me out over that. I'm not sure how a lack of voting would indicate I am mafia, anyway. I don't vote often unless I see how it would help find/kill the mafia, because I don't want to start a situation that would let the mafia hammer a townie.

No during the second day phase you did vote but then unvoted. A lack of voting would indicate that your mafia because you wouldn't want to look suspicious for lynching townies but you wouldn't want to lynch your own mafia either so the best would be to not vote if your mafia.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 6:56:31 PM
At 8/5/2011 6:56:04 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Current Vote Count

Fubar - 3/5 [Andro, Freedom, Logic]

Remember, this DP ends in 23 hours.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 7:37:02 PM
VTL Fubar

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 7:37:29 PM
I voted against Fubar as a way to pressure him to participate in this game.

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 8:33:59 PM
At 8/5/2011 7:37:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
VTL Fubar

unvote I'd rather not give the mafia a chance to hammer him before he has a chance to defend himself.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 9:18:52 PM
At 8/5/2011 8:33:59 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
VTL Fubar

unvote I'd rather not give the mafia a chance to hammer him before he has a chance to defend himself.

Alright, when he comes back, and defends himself adequately, then I will unvote. And who's the mafia here, according to your suspicions?

MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 9:47:52 PM
At 8/5/2011 6:07:28 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

VTL Fubar

No during the second day phase you did vote but then unvoted. A lack of voting would indicate that your mafia because you wouldn't want to look suspicious for lynching townies but you wouldn't want to lynch your own mafia either so the best would be to not vote if your mafia.

Also I suspect your mafia because ChristianM before you replaced him had never posted, I'm aware that he had not logged on in a week before the first day phase had began but he could have gotten the pm threw email and had forgotten to post well trying to avoid being lynched.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 10:32:26 PM
At 8/5/2011 9:47:52 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
At 8/5/2011 6:07:28 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Your reasoning doesn't work. Mafia have to kill the townies. Voting for a mafia when you are mafia is a technique known as "bussing". Rarely voting doesn't make someone mafia, I'm not voting often because I don't want to kill a townie - doing that would help the mafia and hurt the town. I vote for people only when I think they need to be pressured or lynched.

Also I suspect your mafia because ChristianM before you replaced him had never posted, I'm aware that he had not logged on in a week before the first day phase had began but he could have gotten the pm threw email and had forgotten to post well trying to avoid being lynched.

You originally VTL'd him because he was inactive and it would hurt the town less to lynch an inactive. Now you think I'm suspicious because he could have been using the technique that Logic explained. I think this is suspicious of you because Logic had explained that technique before you cast your vote for ChristianM. If you thought he was suspicious for that reason, you would used that as your reason when you VTL'd ChristianM. You're changing your story, and looking for excuses to lynch me.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 10:35:38 PM
At 8/5/2011 9:18:52 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 8/5/2011 8:33:59 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
VTL Fubar

Alright, when he comes back, and defends himself adequately, then I will unvote. And who's the mafia here, according to your suspicions?

Okay, I'll post a list. It's not necessarily a list of who is mafia, just of my suspicions.
Fubar - Contracting himself with no reason.
MCDCBC - I just explained this, check the second half of my previous post.
Weirdman - He hasn't posted anything that made sense. I don't think that immediately makes him mafia, but still. He's not helping the town.

Also, I'm somewhat suspicious of you, MIG. It was explained by Logic that adding another vote would potentially set Fubar up for being hammered by the mafia, yet you did it anyway.