Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 1:02:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/5/2011 6:45:27 AM, feverish wrote:
This has got to end soon.

Yeah... A game that's still got Koopin listed as a prior player is pretty suspect, considering he's been gone for months now.
Rob
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 2:00:59 AM
At 8/5/2011 6:45:27 AM, feverish wrote:
This has got to end soon.

Living players:

1. Andro Z
2. Medic0506
3. LeafRod V2

Medic, want to team up against LeafRod? I doubt he's going to log on again to vote for one of us, so it's the only way we can end this game. VTL LeafRod.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 3:53:40 PM
Actually eff me, 4th Disciple is a Killa Bee just as Dreddy Kruger.

Since it seems the mafia are all dead too the only possibility is I guess a remaining cult member.

medic, vote Andromeda. He/she must have been recruited by the cult. If you vote me, the town loses an the cult wins. If I were the last cult member I would have been more active in this game/feverish would've replaced me rather than let the game continue because of an inactive member. Seriously.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 4:10:19 PM
At 8/6/2011 3:53:40 PM, LeafRod wrote:
medic, vote Andromeda. He/she must have been recruited by the cult. If you vote me, the town loses an the cult wins. If I were the last cult member I would have been more active in this game/feverish would've replaced me rather than let the game continue because of an inactive member. Seriously.

unvote, you're active now. Why do you think I was recruited to the cult, as opposed to medic?
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 7:42:13 PM
Honestly I dunno... maybe cause you voted me. Do you think it could be medic? Looking back on the past few DPs, he's seemed pretty eager to start all the lynches. Do you want to team up and vote for him?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 9:57:24 PM
At 8/6/2011 7:42:13 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Honestly I dunno... maybe cause you voted me.

Fair enough. I don't like being voted for, either.
Do you think it could be medic? Looking back on the past few DPs, he's seemed pretty eager to start all the lynches.

You have a good point, but it's also been moving really slowly, so he could just be trying to keep things moving.
Do you want to team up and vote for him?

I might do that, but I want to give him a chance to post first.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 10:55:55 PM
Leaf you said in one post that you were out of town for a week, then in another post you said you would have been more active if you were cult. How could you have done both?? If you were gone with no internet, you couldn't have been more active. If you had access then why weren't you more active?? That seems a little fishy to me.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 11:08:11 PM
At 8/6/2011 11:02:11 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Andro, do you think that is a significant discrepancy??

That is, and I didn't notice it before. Suspicious. LeafRod, do you have an explanation?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 11:32:02 PM
I'm also not too sure that I buy that he would have been more active if he were the last cult member. It seems the more active you are, the easier it is for opponents to pick up on something. The timing has me wondering too. Either he's been lurking, or he had incredible luck getting back online just in time to try and head off the final vote against him, after being offline for a week.
As for him being replaced, I'm not sure where I stand. There may not have been any replacements, or feverish may not have wanted to remove the last cult member for inactivity, thus effecting the outcome of the game, until he absolutely had no choice.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2011 11:59:02 PM
At 8/6/2011 11:32:02 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I'm also not too sure that I buy that he would have been more active if he were the last cult member. It seems the more active you are, the easier it is for opponents to pick up on something.

Sure, but people also tend to correlate activity with being town, and lurking with mafia/cult.
The timing has me wondering too. Either he's been lurking, or he had incredible luck getting back online just in time to try and head off the final vote against him, after being offline for a week.

Do you think he could have been reading the cult pm without logging in? That could explain it.
As for him being replaced, I'm not sure where I stand. There may not have been any replacements, or feverish may not have wanted to remove the last cult member for inactivity, thus effecting the outcome of the game, until he absolutely had no choice.

I'm leaning toward a lack or replacements to explain why LeafRod is still in the game even though he was offline for a week. There haven't been nearly as many people playing mafia lately, and even some of the people in this game deactivated their accounts or left.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 12:50:05 AM
At 8/6/2011 11:59:02 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I'm also not too sure that I buy that he would have been more active if he were the last cult member. It seems the more active you are, the easier it is for opponents to pick up on something.

Sure, but people also tend to correlate activity with being town, and lurking with mafia/cult.

The timing has me wondering too. Either he's been lurking, or he had incredible luck getting back online just in time to try and head off the final vote against him, after being offline for a week.

Do you think he could have been reading the cult pm without logging in? That could explain it.

I don't see how that's possible. You have to log in to get to your pm's. The timing just seems like such a huge coincidence. It seems like he was reading the thread and piped in at the last minute.

I'm leaning toward a lack or replacements to explain why LeafRod is still in the game even though he was offline for a week. There haven't been nearly as many people playing mafia lately, and even some of the people in this game deactivated their accounts or left.

That could be it.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 1:03:02 AM
At 8/7/2011 12:50:05 AM, medic0506 wrote:

I don't see how that's possible. You have to log in to get to your pm's. The timing just seems like such a huge coincidence. It seems like he was reading the thread and piped in at the last minute.

I don't really get how it works, either, but apparently you can have your settings so that PMs are emailed to you. Maybe he was just reading the PMs and only logged in once he saw that he was in danger, I don't know.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 1:24:40 AM
At 8/7/2011 1:03:02 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I don't really get how it works, either, but apparently you can have your settings so that PMs are emailed to you. Maybe he was just reading the PMs and only logged in once he saw that he was in danger, I don't know.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the e-mail, I guess that's possible, but I thought that was just a notification that a message was sent to you. Anyway, I still don't see why he would do that, but not participate, until he absolutely had to.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 1:39:55 AM
At 8/7/2011 1:24:40 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 8/7/2011 1:03:02 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the e-mail, I guess that's possible, but I thought that was just a notification that a message was sent to you.

Could be. I'm just going by what Logic said, I turned off all of those settings. I'm online almost all the time, anyway, so there's no need for emails.
Anyway, I still don't see why he would do that, but not participate, until he absolutely had to.

I don't know, either. Maybe I'm wrong.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 9:54:35 AM
Ok I'm ready to vote. The most telling things to me are the things I already listed about Leaf, and his impeccable timing. Since he posted, he hasn't been back on to defend himself, nor mention any reason why he might not be back on for a while.
Andro I don't think you're cult because, even though you voted for Leaf at first, when he logged on you immediately unvoted, showing that you wanted to investigate more. If you were cult I don't think you'd have done that, you probably would have tried to convince me of his guilt by absence. Even when I gave you reasons to suspect him, you didn't jump on him. That's why I asked your opinion of that inconsistency, to test your reaction. You may have known that and acted accordingly, but bottom line is that I have nothing on you but positives, while I have good reason for suspicion of Leaf.

VTL Leafrod
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 4:52:54 PM
No, I was out of town. But if you have noticed I haven't been active during this entire game. Honestly if I were cult I would have played more. This is probably going to be the last game I'll play for a long time so I don't mind talking about my playing style this much, but in basically every game if you look back I've been active when mafia or cult and inactive when town. It's far less interesting when town, except when it gets down to only a few people like it is now.
LeafRod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 4:57:53 PM
medic, I think Andro is the last cult. You've been playing pretty well but she's more experienced and would be a better recruitment option than either of us, since I've barely played this entire game - and no one seems to have ever picked up that I'm mafia when I'm more active.

Lynch Andromeda Z
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 6:37:56 PM
Leafrod, You accused me of being cult at the start of the DP. I asked you why, and this was your response:

Honestly I dunno... maybe cause you voted me.

Now you're saying I'm probably cult because I would be a better recruitment option. I understand you could have thought of a reason you haven't thought of before, but you aren't making sense. You've been trying to get me lynched for multiple day phases now. I know I'm clan, and I don't think I'm playing in any way that would suggest otherwise, so it's suspicious of you to try to get me lynched anyway.

Something has to be done, and I think you're far more suspicious than Medic, so VTL LeafRod.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 7:37:43 PM
At 8/7/2011 4:52:54 PM, LeafRod wrote:
No, I was out of town. But if you have noticed I haven't been active during this entire game. Honestly if I were cult I would have played more. This is probably going to be the last game I'll play for a long time so I don't mind talking about my playing style this much, but in basically every game if you look back I've been active when mafia or cult and inactive when town. It's far less interesting when town, except when it gets down to only a few people like it is now.

I disagree, I've never been mafia, but I think it's more fun as town. You don't know anything, and have to figure everyone out, without lynching your own people, or giving away their roles.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2011 7:41:49 PM
At 8/7/2011 4:57:53 PM, LeafRod wrote:
medic, I think Andro is the last cult. You've been playing pretty well but she's more experienced and would be a better recruitment option than either of us, since I've barely played this entire game - and no one seems to have ever picked up that I'm mafia when I'm more active.

Lynch Andromeda Z

Sorry budro, she picked up on another inconsistency so I might be wrong but I'm gonna stick with my original vote and hope for the best.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 3:25:42 AM
At 8/7/2011 7:34:10 PM, LeafRod wrote:
Ugh, forget it. I screwed up a little although I didn't really have much to work with either. Town wins.

YESSS!!!!

I've been waiting for feverish to post, I didn't even see this post till just now.

Good game everyone.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 4:47:55 AM
Yeah well done town and thanks everyone for playing LeafRod was Dreddy Kruger and the last cult member. This game dragged on so long and was effed up early on by all the site drama. Maybe I should have replaced LeafRod but since the last person I put in as a replacement was almost entirely inactive (Alex), I didn't. End game synopsis will be up at some point.

TOWN WINS!
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2011 5:03:42 AM
At 8/8/2011 4:47:55 AM, feverish wrote:
Yeah well done town and thanks everyone for playing LeafRod was Dreddy Kruger and the last cult member. This game dragged on so long and was effed up early on by all the site drama. Maybe I should have replaced LeafRod but since the last person I put in as a replacement was almost entirely inactive (Alex), I didn't. End game synopsis will be up at some point.

TOWN WINS!

And thanks to you feverish for sticking this one out. It had to be a pain in the rump for awhile, I bet you're glad it's done.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 11:07:38 PM
Well that was my first game. So would you say it was uncharacteristic of what I would normally experience? It seemed a bit confusing and dragged out at times...
Rob