Classic Mafia - Day Phase 1

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 10:28:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Introduction and Rules

All roles used in this game are provided on the list below. Some are brand new that I just created, some I took from my "Original Roles" game, and some are just traditional mafia roles. I decided to call this game Classic Mafia because there is no particular theme outside of ya'll living in a town and trying to catch the big bad mafia killers on the loose. I'd also like to point out that rules and other factors pertaining to the game are subject to change (i.e., time limits) and will be determined by the moderator, and explained via game PM.

Remember: You may NOT copy/paste or screen shot your role/PMs. I must be included in every PM (if I am not, notify me a.s.a.p). You may not talk about this game outside of the official threads. My vote count will be the official count, but feel free to help me keep track. Finally, please try to be as active as possible in order to ensure the game is fun and runs smoothly. For any other questions, you may ask in the thread though via role PM is probably the best way to ensure a response.

Possible Roles Used In This Game

[Town]

Cop: Can investigate one person's guilt or innocence each night
Doctor: Can save one player's life during the night
Lie Detector: May submit a phrase from the DP and see if it's a lie
Apprentice: Can copy someone's role and retain it after a period of time
Watcher: May watch one player at night and see if anyone visits them
Trapper: Can set a trap and watch someone for a specific period of time
Mentor: Can target a particular player at night and help them retain some role
Role Keeper: Can check to see if a specific role is in the game (doesn't target anyone)
Paranoid Gun Owner: Will kill anyone who targets them during the night for any reason
Judge: Can decide a random player's fate during the night (player determined by mod at random)
Vigilante: Can kill any player of their choice during the night
Messenger: Can send PMs to other player(s) during the night
Mason Recruiter: Can recruit townies/cultists to a private PM where they can talk
Tracker: Can follow a player each night and see if they visit anyone
Bulletproof: Cannot be killed during the night
Miller: An innocent player who appears guilty upon investigation
Forensic Investigator: Can determine who was responsible for one's death
Beloved Princess: A DP is skipped if they are lynched; a NP is skipped if they are killed
Bomb: Upon their death will also kill the last person to target them (DP - last lynch, NP - killer)
Politician: Can steal someone's vote and force them to vote for someone in particular

[Mafia]

Orchestrator: Determines which mafioso carries out the kills; makes final decisions
Godfather: Appears innocent upon investigation
Dodger: Can dodge a player's night action
Role Blocker: Can block a player from utilizing their night action
Castrator: Can make a player vanilla for the entire game
Role Stealer: Can steal someone's vote and force them to vote for someone in particular
Sneak: Can be recruited into the masons undetected
Pedophile: Can send PMs to other player(s) during the night

[Third Party]

Jester: Wins if they are lynched during the DP
Cult Recruiter: Can recruit players to the cult
Martyr: Wins if they are killed by the mafia during the NP

So without further adieu...

It will require 8 votes to carry out a lynch. Good luck!
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 10:28:53 AM
== Living Players ==

01. Andromeda_Z
02. Medic0506
03. InquireTruth
04. Innomen
05. Alex
06. Logic_on_rails
07. Mestari
08. fubar
09.freedomsquared
10. Rockylightning
11. mongoose
12. mattrodstrom
13. Snipe
14. mongeese
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 11:00:06 AM
I win with the town.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 11:22:42 AM
At 8/5/2011 11:00:06 AM, mongoose wrote:
I win with the town.

Is this some new thing we do in the mafia games?
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 11:33:17 AM
At 8/5/2011 11:22:42 AM, freedomsquared wrote:
I win with the town.

Is this some new thing we do in the mafia games?

There is possibly a lie detector who can verify any claim, so usually everyone just says, "I win with the town," allowing the lie detector to function as a more powerful cop, as I don't think it is tricked by millers or godfathers.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 11:33:59 AM
At 8/5/2011 11:25:02 AM, marcuscato wrote:
How do u play this game?-> im new, can i join?

You can't join this particular mafia game. You can try to sign up for a future Beginner's Mafia game.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 11:42:12 AM
At 8/5/2011 11:25:02 AM, marcuscato wrote:
How do u play this game?-> im new, can i join?

I sent your name to Ore_Ele, who is the moderator of a beginner game going on now, hopefully he can work you in as a replacement. If he hasn't contacted you by tonite, send him a friend request and tell him you want to play. Good luck.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 12:43:50 PM
At 8/5/2011 11:58:36 AM, medic0506 wrote:
I win with the town.

Ok, everyone who wins with the mafia raise your hand.

I'm a townie!

and you should say so too... your not saying so, but mocking it or whatever is unnecessary..

FOS!!!! Say you're a townie.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
InquireTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 1:08:28 PM
At 8/5/2011 12:43:50 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I win with the town.

I'm a townie!

and you should say so too... your not saying so, but mocking it or whatever is unnecessary..

I think it is probably better to say whether or not you win with the town. Given that roles are so pervasive, it may not be true of a great many of people that they are simply townies. Town persons with roles may be detected as lying if they simply call themselves townies. But I may be wrong.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 1:53:37 PM
I win with the town.

I'm a townie!

Just making a little funny.

I'm a townie.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 2:15:49 PM
At 8/5/2011 1:08:28 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
I win with the town.

I'm a townie!

I think it is probably better to say whether or not you win with the town. Given that roles are so pervasive, it may not be true of a great many of people that they are simply townies. Town persons with roles may be detected as lying if they simply call themselves townies. But I may be wrong.

A townie is a person who wins with the town. There is no difference. A cop is a townie.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 2:17:35 PM
Random pressure or no lynch?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 3:01:31 PM
At 8/5/2011 2:17:35 PM, mongoose wrote:

I win with the town.

Random pressure, we have some newbs that we can play with. Interesting that there are a lot more roles than players, and probably way more mafia roles than actual players. I figure 4 mafia. Do we know if the roles were assigned randomly?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 3:19:08 PM
At 8/5/2011 3:01:31 PM, innomen wrote:

I win with the town.

Random pressure, we have some newbs that we can play with. Interesting that there are a lot more roles than players, and probably way more mafia roles than actual players. I figure 4 mafia. Do we know if the roles were assigned randomly?

I think Innomen seems like mafia..

I think that other kid who was late in saying he's a townie seems like mafia...

I think we pressure innomen ;)

VTL Innomen for role info :P
"do we know if the roles were assigned randomly?"
Who says that?!

How the Fck are we s'posed to know unless we're mafia and there's a pattern among mafiosi?!

pretty much a useless question.. nice Filler-type useless stuff mafiaish ppl might say just to seem as if their being a tad bit helpful..

plus... Targeting Newbs or "random" people has always seemed to me to Usually benefit mafia
I don't like such things... I like to vote for people for seeming suspicious.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 3:20:28 PM
At 8/5/2011 3:19:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I win with the town.

Who says that?!

How the Fck are we s'posed to know unless we're mafia and there's a pattern among mafiosi?!

pretty much a useless question.. nice Filler-type useless stuff mafiaish ppl might say just to seem as if their being a tad bit helpful..

plus... Targeting Newbs or "random" people has always seemed to me to Usually benefit mafia

my bolding isn't working...

VTL INNOMEN

Metaphysics:
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 3:24:50 PM
Whatever I say is a lie. (And that's the truth!)

I win with the town. No wait... I win with the mafia. Wait... You just lost the game.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 3:36:15 PM
At 8/5/2011 3:20:28 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 8/5/2011 3:19:08 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

I win with the town.

Who says that?!

my bolding isn't working...

VTL INNOMEN

Really? You're like the worst mafia player ever to play minus Zets You're the spaz of mafia.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:13:07 PM
At 8/5/2011 3:36:15 PM, innomen wrote:

Really?

Yes... haven't you noticed how mafiosi offer up such worthless questions and suggestions as the question you offered?

and targeting "random" Newbs is a double edged sword if there ever was one..

firstly... "random" might be more like the townie the mafiosi suggests...

and secondly.. the Idea as to targeting Newbs is that newbs don't make good players and screw up... if you target a Newb mafiosi they might screw up and give themselves away..

However this is just as bad if not Worse if we target a Newb Townie... 1stly they won't know to STFU about their role and tell ppl to Fck off if they've got a good role.
and secondly, they might just Fck up so bad they make themselves look like mafia, and get lynched!

Mafia Newbs have a network of more experienced players to discuss things with.. and town newbs rely on what they understand of the game.. the odds for targeting "random" newbs in my book aren't good..

I much rather target suspicious seeming people.

Metaphysics:
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:20:30 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:13:07 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Really?

Yes... haven't you noticed how mafiosi offer up such worthless questions and suggestions as the question you offered?

and secondly.. the Idea as to targeting Newbs is that newbs don't make good players and screw up... if you target a Newb mafiosi they might screw up and give themselves away..

However this is just as bad if not Worse if we target a Newb Townie... 1stly they won't know to STFU about their role and tell ppl to Fck off if they've got a good role.
and secondly, they might just Fck up so bad they make themselves look like mafia, and get lynched!

Mafia Newbs have a network of more experienced players to discuss things with.. and town newbs rely on what they understand of the game.. the odds for targeting "random" newbs in my book aren't good..

Yeah, i've played a game or two.

pressuring a newb is always a good thing, as long as you watch them and make sure they don't tell too much. A newb mafia would be fed information, and are easy to trip up, unless of course you're looking to protect newb mafias. Pressuring a newb is better than a no lynch, and at least keeps the game moving. Voting to lynch me after one post is idiotic. If you weren't such a spaz i'd suspect you more.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:27:12 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:20:30 PM, innomen wrote:

Really?

pressuring a newb is always a good thing,

Having myself (as town) ended up leading a lynch on another Newb townie b/c he was Soo bad in responding to "random" pressure in a previous game..
I thoroughly disagree with you.

additionally... As I said, your question in your first post was ridiculously useless and unhelpful.. seeming like something a mafiosi would say just to try to make it seem as though he's participating.

Instead of pressuring "random" newbs... I'd rather see you pressured.

as long as you watch them and make sure they don't tell too much. A newb mafia would be fed information, and are easy to trip up, unless of course you're looking to protect newb mafias. Pressuring a newb is better than a no lynch, and at least keeps the game moving. Voting to lynch me after one post is idiotic. If you weren't such a spaz i'd suspect you more.

Metaphysics:
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:33:12 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:27:12 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Really?

Having myself (as town) ended up leading a lynch on another Newb townie b/c he was Soo bad in responding to "random" pressure in a previous game..

additionally... As I said, your question in your first post was ridiculously useless and unhelpful.. seeming like something a mafiosi would say just to try to make it seem as though he's participating.

as long as you watch them and make sure they don't tell too much. A newb mafia would be fed information, and are easy to trip up, unless of course you're looking to protect newb mafias. Pressuring a newb is better than a no lynch, and at least keeps the game moving. Voting to lynch me after one post is idiotic. If you weren't such a spaz i'd suspect you more.

No, because sometimes a mod will say if they are using absolute random assignments, and if that is the case there is a higher likelihood of a newb mafia. However, as i recall Danielle once said that she tries to keep it random, but in the interest of balance makes some adjustments, but i could be wrong in that statement being from Danielle. Regardless it isn't a meaningless question especially given that there are newbs in this game. It would be meaningless if you were mafia and you already know who is mafia.

Secondly, the point of the game is to pressure information out of someone. By your logic we should only be pressuring those who will divulge the least. If a townie newb messes up, well that's part of the game, but done right you can get enough info, get either a mafia or a confirmed townie.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:45:58 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:33:12 PM, innomen wrote:
At 8/5/2011 4:27:12 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Really?

No, because sometimes a mod will say if they are using absolute random assignments, and if that is the case there is a higher likelihood of a newb mafia. However, as i recall Danielle once said that she tries to keep it random, but in the interest of balance makes some adjustments, but i could be wrong in that statement being from Danielle.

I don't see how this relates to the uselessness of your question.

Regardless it isn't a meaningless question especially given that there are newbs in this game. It would be meaningless if you were mafia and you already know who is mafia.

if you know the mafia roles/players you might be able to answer the question.. the question would Not be meaningless...

so far as townies are concerned... we have 1 role:1 personality/experience level to go on..

so we wouldn't know if there's any pattern...

and even if we Suspected one based upon OUR role assignment... Telling this to the Mafia could only be a bad idea being that it would reflect upon Our role..

you're just wrong as to the Usefulness of your question... as I said initially it's quite stupid, and as I just explained could At Most be "useful" only to the mafia.

It's not Convincing or Good evidence that you're mafia by any means... but It's Some reason for me to suspect you being that Mafia will generally come up with useless/inane suggestions or inquiries... And a Hell of a lot more reason to suspect you than I have of any "random" newb somebody decides to pressure.
Secondly, the point of the game is to pressure information out of someone. By your logic we should only be pressuring those who will divulge the least. If a townie newb messes up, well that's part of the game, but done right you can get enough info, get either a mafia or a confirmed townie.

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2011 4:48:27 PM
At 8/5/2011 4:44:08 PM, mongeese wrote:
Vote to lynch Mestari.

His only post is just trolling.

I might've if You hadn't suggested it... but You were the one who first brought up pressuring 'random' people (which I don't like the sound of) and asked if "we were" which I also thought sounded creepy, without actually supporting any particular line of action...

Bottom line.. I don't much like your first post, and think Mestari is an easy target.. and Like innomen for Pressuring anywho.. so pressure innomen instead ;)

Metaphysics: