05. Mestari
06. innomen 2
07. freedomsquared
08. mongoose
09. mattrodstrom
10. Rockylightning2
11. mongeese

== DECEASED PLAYERS ==

innomen 1 -- You are the town's role keeper. Each night you may investigate whether or not a particular role exists in the game. You win with the town.

Rockylightning 1 -- You are the town's vigilante. Each night you have the opportunity to target a player of your choice to be killed. You win with the town.

Andromeda_Z -- You are the town's martyr, though you are a third party player. You will win the game if you succeed at being targeted for a kill by the mafia only. You win with yourself.

== MOD NOTICES ==

* Andro has won first place; however, the game shall continue...

* innomen 2 has replaced fubar / Rockylightning2 has replaced Snipe

== VOTE COUNT==

Logic_on_rails (Logic) -- 1/6 votes needed to not lynch
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:02:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, do we have any guilty investigations or lie detections?

Also, did Metsari say that he would have Logic vote for himself?
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:29:40 PM
Well, here's the deal. I am the cop, but due to my newb error the last night phase, I seem to have been roleblocked.

The problem is, I have gotten the same response for my investigations on both nights. That means, either I was roleblocked both nights, or the first person I investigated was the mafia dodger. For the record, the first person I investigated was mongeese.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:31:28 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:29:40 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Well, here's the deal. I am the cop, but due to my newb error the last night phase, I seem to have been roleblocked.

The problem is, I have gotten the same response for my investigations on both nights. That means, either I was roleblocked both nights, or the first person I investigated was the mafia dodger. For the record, the first person I investigated was mongeese.

I wasn't in on the last DP, did you divulge your role then?
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:32:56 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:31:28 PM, innomen wrote:

Nah, in the PM. It seems the mafia have decided to role block me. However, it is very unlikely that they would choose to roleblock me the first night. That said, it is equally unlikely that mongeese is the mafia dodger. Since I have been roleblocked, and the mafia know who I am, I figured I should just come out.
-innomen

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:35:18 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:32:56 PM, freedomsquared wrote:

Nah, in the PM. It seems the mafia have decided to role block me. However, it is very unlikely that they would choose to roleblock me the first night. That said, it is equally unlikely that mongeese is the mafia dodger. Since I have been roleblocked, and the mafia know who I am, I figured I should just come out.

I'm not understanding how the mafia knew you were a cop. By outing yourself you are either a target, will be blocked, or mafia lying.

Was just looking at the last DP, nice job town lynching the vig.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:39:13 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:35:18 PM, innomen wrote:

I'm not understanding how the mafia knew you were a cop. By outing yourself you are either a target, will be blocked, or mafia lying.

The classic mafia PMs, where Danielle announces the day phase, I accidentally posted my night action there.
-innomen

mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:39:42 PM
Well, as I've said before, I win with the town, so you must have been role-blocked, and until the Mafia role-blocker is lynched, you're probably going to be continually blocked.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:42:14 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:39:13 PM, freedomsquared wrote:

The classic mafia PMs, where Danielle announces the day phase, I accidentally posted my night action there.

ahh gotcha, don't feel bad, I'm a frequent offender of that goof.

It is safe to assume that you will be perpetually blocked now. If i were mafia i would be blocking you, especially since THE TOWN KILLED THE VIG!
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:44:32 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:42:14 PM, innomen wrote:
At 8/12/2011 1:39:13 PM, freedomsquared wrote:

ahh gotcha, don't feel bad, I'm a frequent offender of that goof.

It is safe to assume that you will be perpetually blocked now. If i were mafia i would be blocking you, especially since THE TOWN KILLED THE VIG!

In our defense, rocky was acting extremely suspiciously.
-innomen

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 1:50:44 PM
The town is extremely weakened with a dead vig and a castrated cop; all we have are our lynches and any remaining investigative roles.

I win with the town by the way, and it should be fairly obvious that i am not mafia, since no mafia has been killed and i am a replacement. Which also makes me a very big target (again).
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:03:44 PM
At 8/12/2011 1:50:44 PM, innomen wrote:
I win with the town by the way, and it should be fairly obvious that i am not mafia, since no mafia has been killed and i am a replacement.

Sorry, but I don't see any logic behind that statement. Are you assuming that you couldn't possibly have replaced a Mafia member?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:11:27 PM
From the end of yesterday's vote I thought Mongeese looked suspicious for coming Off of rocky when IT came off... just to hop back on later (w/o any new info being revealed) just when it seemed like the tide was turning back against him.
At 8/9/2011 10:02:53 PM, mongeese wrote:
After all this back-and-forth, I've decided that Rocky is either Mafia or just blind. Honestly, you didn't realize that we wanted Metsari dead? He was trolling the lie detector and channeling spirits to make accusations, so we decided he was Jester; there's no way you could have missed that if you actually read the thread.

The points he brought up were Just as valid and obvious when he Came Off of rocky.. Following IT coming off of rocky...
then All of a sudden when others are weighing against rocky again.. mongeese switches back for No NEW reason.

Vote Rocky.

I also found LoR suspicious

At 8/10/2011 2:10:29 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
VTL Rocky

I think Rocky's already dead, but this should definitely end it. If he is still alive (which I'm sure he's not) , I'll send a PM to him and make sure he follows through on things. As for investigations, I know I must seem suspect, but I urge people not to investigate me as there are more suspicious people and people with a more dangerous role to kill. Don't investigate Inquire as we'll figure out his alignment next DP upon Rocky's death. Pick somebody suspect and find information out on them.

Since I can't really be trusted, I won't say much further.

I'd be for pressuring either...

VTL Mongeese
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:14:59 PM
At 8/12/2011 2:03:44 PM, mongeese wrote:
I win with the town by the way, and it should be fairly obvious that i am not mafia, since no mafia has been killed and i am a replacement.

Sorry, but I don't see any logic behind that statement. Are you assuming that you couldn't possibly have replaced a Mafia member?

Yeah, i didn't think that through, after i posted it i realized my thinking was off.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:17:14 PM
The town is extremely weakened with a dead vig and a castrated cop; all we have are our lynches and any remaining investigative roles.

I win with the town by the way, and it should be fairly obvious that i am not mafia, since no mafia has been killed and i am a replacement. Which also makes me a very big target (again).

There's no reason to suspect you, but we can't rule you out either. You replaced Fubar for inactivity, but there's nothing saying he wasn't mafia.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:21:55 PM
At 8/12/2011 2:17:14 PM, medic0506 wrote:

There's no reason to suspect you, but we can't rule you out either. You replaced Fubar for inactivity, but there's nothing saying he wasn't mafia.

Yeah, i realized i goofed there.

So Danielle has allowed me to use information that i got from my prior role, which wasn't much except i can confirm that Logic did contact me where he was able to choose someone to communicate with. The other person that he communicated with was Andromeda. I really don't think that he was mafia-ish in any of that.

I didn't live long enough to verify any roles that existed, and it wasn't a very powerful role anyway.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:33:25 PM
At 8/12/2011 2:25:39 PM, innomen wrote:
two confirmed members of the town as far as i am concerned:
freedomsquared

how so?

Logic_on_rails
and mafia has a possible message sending role...
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:38:24 PM
At 8/12/2011 2:33:25 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 8/12/2011 2:25:39 PM, innomen wrote:
two confirmed members of the town as far as i am concerned:
freedomsquared

Because of his goof. I doubt that he did that on purpose.

how so?

Logic_on_rails
and mafia has a possible message sending role...
The manner of his PM that he sent was really not mafia-ish. I suppose he could have been mafia, but i haven't seen a mafia role like that before, generally they're about recruiting, and he wasn't doing that. This was more like a mason town role, and he was doing it like a mason. He could be fooling me, but i just didn't get that sense about him.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:43:18 PM
I'm going to support pressuring Geese, but that's because we don't have much more. We should have gotten something from last night's actions that can help out.

VTL Mongeese
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 2:56:02 PM
I did say that one of the options I was considering was making LoR vote for himself. y final decision was going to be to make snipe vote for himself, but I changed it after I found out he was being replaced due to inactivity. I'm still suspicious of LoR. Innomen was a target of the mafia when LoR knew his role and how valuable it was. An important note to remember is that he spoke with Andromeda, but did not confirm that he knew her role. So he may have been suspicious of her and had given the mafia a lead, but they had no way of knowing that she was the martyr. The killings are all linked to LoR. I would also like to note that he pm'd me last night, only to accuse me of being a mafioso and nothing more.

As for us killing the vig, Innomen, he was giving us contradictory statements and acting extremely guilty.

I'll go with the rest of you on pressuring Mongeese, but while we are doing this I would like a discussion on the suspicious activity of LoR.

VTL Mongese.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:00:12 PM
I feel like mongeese was acting suspicious as well (which is why I tried to investigate him). He has made some posts that seem illogical, and has been jumping around with his voting without much justification. So, for pressure (and because he's most suspicious right now), VTL mongeese
-innomen

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:06:34 PM
I'm still concerned about Matt for the same reasons that I stated in the first round. Now there are a couple more.

First, he's voting for Mongeese because he was indecisive in the last round. Was anyone NOT indecisive in that round?? I'm not saying that geese isn't mafia, just that Matt's reason for voting for him is a horrible one, and seems like a big stretch.

Secondly, Matt seemed obnoxious in the first dp (nothing personal, I know you're playing a game). He justified it by saying that he always plays like that, but noone would confirm that. What seems odd is the fact that he didn't play anywhere near that way last round. After I brought it up in dp1 he decided to go low key last round. That makes it seem like he's lying about always playing that way, or that he was just trying to lay low until the heat was off of him.

I still have that bad hunch about him and until I have some reason not to, it's not going to go away.

VTL Mattrodstrom
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:08:38 PM
Okay, it seems as if we have accusations against Mongeese, LoR, and Matt. How about we make this DP last a while and take our time pressuring each of them and see what we come up with?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:10:36 PM
At 8/12/2011 3:08:38 PM, Mestari wrote:
Okay, it seems as if we have accusations against Mongeese, LoR, and Matt. How about we make this DP last a while and take our time pressuring each of them and see what we come up with?

Sounds like a plan.
-innomen

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:31:58 PM
At 8/12/2011 3:06:34 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I'm still concerned about Matt for the same reasons that I stated in the first round. Now there are a couple more.

First, he's voting for Mongeese because he was indecisive in the last round. Was anyone NOT indecisive in that round?? I'm not saying that geese isn't mafia, just that Matt's reason for voting for him is a horrible one, and seems like a big stretch.

Secondly, Matt seemed obnoxious in the first dp (nothing personal, I know you're playing a game). He justified it by saying that he always plays like that, but noone would confirm that. What seems odd is the fact that he didn't play anywhere near that way last round. After I brought it up in dp1 he decided to go low key last round. That makes it seem like he's lying about always playing that way, or that he was just trying to lay low until the heat was off of him.

I still have that bad hunch about him and until I have some reason not to, it's not going to go away.

VTL Mattrodstrom

Matt is a spaz, and i don't blame you for being suspicious of him, i am too.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:38:35 PM
At 8/12/2011 3:08:38 PM, Mestari wrote:

Works for me, so I'll unvote

VTL Mongeese
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:40:32 PM
VOTE COUNT

Logic_on_rails (Logic) -- 1/6 votes needed to lynch

mongeese (matt, innomen, Mestari, freedomsquared, medic) -- 5/6 votes needed to lynch
President of DDO
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:41:07 PM
Okay, if you guys want a claim, I'll claim. I could go through the entire my-role-is-kind-of-important business, but you guys would probably want me to claim anyway.

I am the Apprentice. Last night, I targeted freedomsquared, and I should have his role in a few days.

Unvotes would be much appreciated now.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:49:09 PM
unvote. Why does it take a few days? When exactly will this happen?
-innomen