Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia, DP5

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:00:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
We are getting closer to the end of the game. The mafia last night killed off Wierdman. Let's be careful here.

Still Alive

Freedomsquared
MCDCBC
Man-is-good
Logic on Rails
Andromeda_Z (2)

Dead list

Medic0506
Lickdafoot
Greyparrot
fubar
Wierdman
Andromeda_Z (1)

It takes 3 votes to lynch. This DP will end Sunday at noon PST.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:04:19 PM
Well, it's down to this. There is most likely 2 mafia on this very list. The good news is that each townie has a 50% chance of guessing a mafia correctly. So, with any luck whatsoever, we should make it to the next day phase. That said, is there any new suspicions out there?

Still Alive

Freedomsquared
MCDCBC
Man-is-good
Logic on Rails
Andromeda_Z (2)
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
wierdman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 3:44:13 PM
At 8/12/2011 3:04:19 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Well, it's down to this. There is most likely 2 mafia on this very list. The good news is that each townie has a 50% chance of guessing a mafia correctly. So, with any luck whatsoever, we should make it to the next day phase. That said, is there any new suspicions out there?

Still Alive

Freedomsquared
MCDCBC
Man-is-good
Logic on Rails
Andromeda_Z (2)

Yeah the odds are stabilized.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 5:11:47 PM
I don't really have many new suspicions. Weirdman was a low priority target, not a high priority target. At the moment I'm leaning MCD... . However, I'm not voting just yet Mafia could hammer at any moment if I happened to be wrong. I want a town consensus on who to vote for as our Mafia. I suggest the above mentioned player (MCD...) .
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 5:13:28 PM
Well, I stick overall with the list I had yesterday (1. MCDCBC and 2. Andromeda). I think Andromeda did a good job at refuting my suspicions though, so all I have is gut feeling on her. As for MCDCBC, his only excuse for his behavior is he's a newb. While he is a newb, he has been overly into lynching and not so into discussing. I can see no other reason for this than that he wants people to get lynched and he's not interested in finding out who the mafia are.
-innomen

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 6:00:56 PM
At 8/12/2011 5:13:28 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
As for MCDCBC, his only excuse for his behavior is he's a newb. While he is a newb, he has been overly into lynching and not so into discussing. I can see no other reason for this than that he wants people to get lynched and he's not interested in finding out who the mafia are.

I noticed that, too. She'd rather lynch people than talk about it first. She also seems really prone to confirmation bias, she locks onto an idea and sticks with it even when logic is not in her favor. I don't know if she's mafia or just has no idea what she's doing, but I think she's the most suspicious person in this game.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 6:27:23 PM
At the moment, myself, Freedom and Andromeda agree that MCD... is the most suspect. My question to you 2 is this - do you want to lynch him now or try and get MIG to agree? Obviously, MCD... won't vote for himself.

I'm willing to vote to lynch here, I don't think we have a better option. I'm open to input obviously though.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 6:33:48 PM
At 8/12/2011 6:27:23 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At the moment, myself, Freedom and Andromeda agree that MCD... is the most suspect. My question to you 2 is this - do you want to lynch him now or try and get MIG to agree? Obviously, MCD... won't vote for himself.

I'm willing to vote to lynch here, I don't think we have a better option. I'm open to input obviously though.

Well, we could lynch right now. But I want to see what MCDCBC has to say for herself. However, I will be gone all day tomorrow, so if she doesn't post soon, I will most likely vote for her by the end of the night.
-innomen

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 6:35:33 PM

I'd like to wait for MIG to have a say in it. This is going to affect him, too, and he may have noticed something we didn't that would make MCDCBC seem more like town. With so few players, I'd like to be cautious.

I'm willing to VTL MCDCBC as well. She's definitely the most suspicious atm, I'd just like to have everyone's input first.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 6:39:57 PM
At 8/12/2011 6:35:33 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I'd like to wait for MIG to have a say in it. This is going to affect him, too, and he may have noticed something we didn't that would make MCDCBC seem more like town. With so few players, I'd like to be cautious.

Agreed. I'm just a bit nervous that Freedom might be gone for a while (as said in his post) . That means that if he's town the game is over there and then as there's not enough townies left. Obviously, we want to discuss for as long as possible before Freedom must leave and potentially not be online for the remainder of the DP.

I'm willing to VTL MCDCBC as well. She's definitely the most suspicious atm, I'd just like to have everyone's input first.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 6:40:54 PM
At 8/12/2011 6:33:48 PM, freedomsquared wrote:

Well, we could lynch right now. But I want to see what MCDCBC has to say for herself.

That's fair, she should have a chance to defend herself.
However, I will be gone all day tomorrow, so if she doesn't post soon, I will most likely vote for her by the end of the night.

Same here.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 8:15:44 PM
I won't be able to get on for at least 24 hours, but most likely not until Sunday morning. I hope I get another chance to post, but if not, I want to give the town a chance to win while I'm gone. That said, I VTL MCDCBC, as he has my highest suspicions at this time.
-innomen

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2011 11:24:13 PM
At 8/12/2011 11:21:14 PM, TheBaldKnobbers wrote:
how can i join this i want to play

You'll be able to join the next beginner game which (should) will be in the near future.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 1:15:09 PM
Well, I'm back, and I see MCDCBC has yet to defend herself.
-innomen

MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 2:39:23 PM
At 8/14/2011 1:15:09 PM, freedomsquared wrote:

I haven't defended myself because I do not know how to.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 2:46:34 PM
At 8/14/2011 2:39:23 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Wait, seriously? You aren't even going to try to say something that prevents your death? Even if you don't know how, just give it a try. You will never know how otherwise, and we're close to lynching you.
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 2:53:45 PM
At 8/14/2011 2:46:34 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Wait, seriously? You aren't even going to try to say something that prevents your death? Even if you don't know how, just give it a try. You will never know how otherwise, and we're close to lynching you.

Well you have pretty much made up your mind on lynching me. I can't stop you from making the wrong decision. Every defense I have used in the past has failed to alter your suspicions of me.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 4:06:11 PM
Not to try and rush things, but when is Sunday noon in the USA? I fear that I'll be unavailable due to school, so I've got to vote now. Andromeda, you've got to vote before the DP ends, and I don't see MIG anywhere either.

VTL MCDCBC
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 4:51:04 PM
At 8/14/2011 2:53:45 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Well you have pretty much made up your mind on lynching me. I can't stop you from making the wrong decision. Every defense I have used in the past has failed to alter your suspicions of me.

Well, they weren't very convincing, as far as defenses go. Anyway, you really have nothing to lose by trying one last time to defend yourself.
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 4:57:43 PM
At 8/14/2011 4:51:04 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/14/2011 2:53:45 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Well, they weren't very convincing, as far as defenses go. Anyway, you really have nothing to lose by trying one last time to defend yourself.

What happened to lynching in actives any way? I've at least posted unlike Man-is-good. No, I haven't defended my self or posted anything helpful in this DP but MIG is no where to be found.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 5:01:32 PM
At 8/14/2011 4:57:43 PM, MCDCBC wrote:
What happened to lynching in actives any way?

Lynching inactives is a good strategy in the first couple of DPs, but this is the fifth DP. Instead of lynching inactives, we should have some reasonably good suspicions by now.
I've at least posted unlike Man-is-good. No, I haven't defended my self or posted anything helpful in this DP but MIG is no where to be found.

I noticed that, and it is suspicious. We probably don't have time to pressure him this DP (it ends once OreEle logs on tomorrow), but I'd like to follow up on that next DP.
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 5:04:26 PM
At 8/14/2011 5:01:32 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Lynching inactives is a good strategy in the first couple of DPs, but this is the fifth DP. Instead of lynching inactives, we should have some reasonably good suspicions by now.
I've at least posted unlike Man-is-good. No, I haven't defended my self or posted anything helpful in this DP but MIG is no where to be found.

I noticed that, and it is suspicious. We probably don't have time to pressure him this DP (it ends once OreEle logs on tomorrow), but I'd like to follow up on that next DP.

Well sense it doesn't seem likely that I'm going to make it to the next DP, how could I help to pressure him this DP?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 5:08:02 PM
At 8/14/2011 5:04:26 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Well sense it doesn't seem likely that I'm going to make it to the next DP, how could I help to pressure him this DP?

It's not a lack of help that's the problem, it's a lack of time. The deadline for this DP has already passed, so it's over as soon as OreEle logs on. Thanks for the offer, anyway.
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 5:12:48 PM
At 8/14/2011 5:08:02 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

It's not a lack of help that's the problem, it's a lack of time. The deadline for this DP has already passed, so it's over as soon as OreEle logs on. Thanks for the offer, anyway.

Well how long do you think we have until OreEle logs on? and Im glad to try and help even though idk how to.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 5:15:13 PM
At 8/14/2011 5:12:48 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Well how long do you think we have until OreEle logs on?

Monday morning, most likely. He doesn't log on to DDO on the weekends.
and Im glad to try and help even though idk how to.

To pressure someone, you vote for them and see what they have to say about your suspicions.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 5:16:17 PM
At 8/14/2011 4:06:11 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Not to try and rush things, but when is Sunday noon in the USA?

It was six hours ago, but OreEle isn't online on the weekends.
I fear that I'll be unavailable due to school, so I've got to vote now. Andromeda, you've got to vote before the DP ends,

I'll vote before I log off.
and I don't see MIG anywhere either.

That's kind of strange, he's been online.
MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 5:42:24 PM
At 8/14/2011 5:15:13 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/14/2011 5:12:48 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Well how long do you think we have until OreEle logs on?

Monday morning, most likely. He doesn't log on to DDO on the weekends.
and Im glad to try and help even though idk how to.

To pressure someone, you vote for them and see what they have to say about your suspicions.

Well in that case before I'm lynched I'll give it a shot VTL MAN-IS-GOOD because he has not participated this DP at all even though he has been online.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 6:19:47 PM
I was reading this thread. Although the deadline has occurred, I think we have to give someone a lynch, and apparently MCDCBC is our best choice. I'm not trying to really bandwagon on her or divert any suspicions from myself, but I did find it odd to see her assert her position and not give much defense for her decisions to lynch.

As for the point to whether or not I noticed MCDCBC was townie or a member of the mafia, I can't really say for sure, since I'm not too perceptive or discerning at this game. But since we clearly need a lynch (for the townies to win), we should go with it. If anyone, including MCDCBC herself, can convince me, feel free to try.

VTL MCDCBC
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 6:21:03 PM
At 8/14/2011 5:42:24 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

Well in that case before I'm lynched I'll give it a shot VTL MAN-IS-GOOD because he has not participated this DP at all even though he has been online.

I do have to defend myself...I was busy with other affairs (such as SAT preparation homework this weekend, and also trying to finish my summer reading)....I have already commented and tried to contribute to this forum.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau