02. InquireTruth
03. Logic_on_rails
04. Mestari
05. freedomsquared
06. mongoose
07. Rockylightning2
08. mongeese

== DECEASED PLAYERS ==

innomen 1 -- You are the town's role keeper. Each night you may investigate whether or not a particular role exists in the game. You win with the town.

Rockylightning 1 -- You are the town's vigilante. Each night you have the opportunity to target a player of your choice to be killed. You win with the town.

Andromeda_Z -- You are the town's martyr, though you are a third party player. You will win the game if you succeed at being targeted for a kill by the mafia only. You win with yourself.

mattrodstrom -- You are the town's bomb. If you are lynched during the day phase, the person to cast the lynch vote will also die with you. If you are killed during the night phase, the one who targeted you for a kill will also die. You win with the town.

innomen 2 -- You are the town's doctor. Each night you can select one player to be saved if they are to die for any reason. You cannot protect yourself. You win with the town.

Alex -- You are the town's forensic investigator. Each night you may submit a body to be investigated, and will learn who was responsible for that person's death though not how or why they died. You win with the town.

You need 5 votes to carry out a lynch
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 1:18:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
REMAINING LIVING PLAYERS ...

01. Medic0506 (mafia role blocker)

02. InquireTruth (town trapper, a.k.a. powerful watcher)
03. Logic_on_rails (town messenger)
04. Mestari (town politician)
05. freedomsquared (town cop)
06. mongoose (mafia godfather)
07. Rockylightning2 (mafia dodger)
08. mongeese (mafia orchestrator)

Because it was 4 vs. 4, the town could have not achieved the majority vote.

1st place - Andromeda_Z !!!
2nd place - Mafia
3rd place - Town

I think the martyr role I created is far better than the jester role; it has a more challenging win condition and thus the martyr definitely deserves the win. Whereas upon pressure, a flustered jester (unable to come up with a good fake claim) would simply be lynched by the town... a.k.a. achieve their goal... the martyr has to lie like the mafia and find a way to stay alive, all while trying to get the mafia to kill them (either by being a really good townie or fake claiming a decent role and hope it doesn't get CC'd). Congrats to Andro for winning :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am known to be a very mafia-friendly mod. I'm pretty sure the town almost ALWAYS wins, though when I mod the mafia tends to win. That's because I think it is way harder to be mafia than town and I keep that in mind when creating roles. However, the town also made quite a few mistakes. I dunno why the vigilante killed innomen (the role investigator) rather than Mestari (the politician who was intentionally acting as the jester... which was kinda senseless in itself) on night phase 1. I also dunno why innomen, when he came back as doctor, volunteered to test matt's claim as bomb. The doctor is too important a role to have done that. Honestly inno's original role was supposed to be one of the most important ones, as he could test claims such as bomb and politician vs. vote stealer. Also, freedom's mistake in the main thread assured that all of his investigations would be useless, as he was subsequently blocked. The mafia didn't have to do much, but what little they did they did right. Congrats :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night Phase 1

- Rocky (vig) kills innomen
- freedom (cop) investigates mongeese
- fubar (doctor) protects and saves InquireTruth
- innomen (role keeper) checks for paranoid gun owner
- InquireTruth (trapper) traps innomen
- Logic (messenger) messages Andro and innomen *
- Mestari (politician) made mongoose vote No Lynch

- Snipe attempted to kill InquireTruth
- Snipe did not dodge anyone
- Medic role blocked freedomsquared

* I forgot to tell IT that Logic as well as Rocky visited innomen :|

Night Phase 2

- InquireTruth traps mongoose
- Logic PMs Mestari and IT
- Mestari makes Logic vote for himself
- Innomen (replaced fubar) protects InquireTruth
- freedom investigates matt

- Medic role blocks freedom
- Snipe kills Andro
- Snipe dodges IT

Night Phase 3

- IT traps mongeese
- Alex investigates Andro's body
- Logic messages IT and freedom
- Mestari made Alex vote for himself
- freedom investigated Mestari

- Rocky 2 kills Alex
- Rocky 2 dodges Alex
- Medic blocks freedom
President of DDO
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 1:38:19 PM
Good game everyone. I thoroughly enjoyed my first time on the mafia side. It was an exciting game, especially that double kill at the end of dp3, THANKS INNO!!!

Thanks to Danielle for modding, you should definately do this game again.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 3:50:17 PM
I told you guys I was vig. But nooooo. You got to lynch me. Nice going. I guess it doesnt matter since I switched to the winning team XD.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 9:29:16 PM
At 8/17/2011 1:18:37 PM, Danielle wrote

I am known to be a very mafia-friendly mod. I'm pretty sure the town almost ALWAYS wins, though when I mod the mafia tends to win. That's because I think it is way harder to be mafia than town and I keep that in mind when creating roles. However, the town also made quite a few mistakes. I dunno why the vigilante killed innomen (the role investigator) rather than Mestari (the politician who was intentionally acting as the jester... which was kinda senseless in itself) on night phase 1. I also dunno why innomen, when he came back as doctor, volunteered to test matt's claim as bomb. The doctor is too important a role to have done that. Honestly inno's original role was supposed to be one of the most important ones, as he could test claims such as bomb and politician vs. vote stealer. Also, freedom's mistake in the main thread assured that all of his investigations would be useless, as he was subsequently blocked. The mafia didn't have to do much, but what little they did they did right. Congrats :)

To be fair, I don't think the town always wins. Maybe it's my luck, but as Mafia I've never lost (although all of that was in beginner games, it's happened about 4 times!) . Got to say the town did nearly nothing right this game. I don't think you weighted it too harshly against the town, but I thought it was a bit unfair to have 2 town roles that weren't distinguishable from their Mafia counterparts (I was predicting a 1-1 split) .

Still, it was a well modded, relatively swift game. Congratulations to the Mafia and the Mod.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it