Starwars! Mafia: Day Phase One

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 10:36:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello All..

This is a difficult era for the universe... A time of tribulation...
and there are a small band of characters among you who seek Greater Glory through killing the rest of ya!

so.. Sort it Out!!!

Rules:
- no copy/pasting ANYTHING from the Role Private Message which I sent you and no discussing the content of any one on one conversation we may have without my explicit approval..
if you plan on claiming something you may claim your given Character name and Role name.. and may Describe in Your Own words any role powers you may have
- no discussing the mafia game with any other players Unless that discussion is Sanctioned by, and Routed Through, Me due to the nature of the game.
- Don't post AT ALL in the Mod. Info PM for Starwars! Mafia

If I think of anything else, or feel something else becomes necessary I'll make you aware of it through the Mod. Info PM for Starwars! Mafia...

And, of course.. any breaking of the rules will result in Either a modkill, or.. if I feel like it was a Minor infraction.. a replacement of the offending player ;) don't do it!

And Have fun 8)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 10:46:21 PM
A majority vote will be reached upon 8 votes.

If there is no in-game resolution to a DP through a successful Lynch or through a successful majority voting No Lynch each DP will be closed in a default no-lynch after 36 hours.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 10:49:11 PM
Can you post an active players list?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 10:50:16 PM
At 8/18/2011 10:49:11 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Can you post an active players list?

surely:

1. Tim_Spin
2. Andromeda_Z
3. Medic
4. Logic_on_rails
5. Alex
6. bluesteel
7. mongoose
8. NERDYKILLER
9. Mestari
10. freedomsquared
11. Askbob
12. Danielle
13.marcuscato
14. mongeese

Metaphysics:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 10:50:39 PM
VTL alex for character claim since I can never get a read on him
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 10:53:19 PM
At 8/18/2011 10:50:16 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
11. Askbob

This player is Currently under the name Dougfunny2

Metaphysics:
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 11:08:35 PM
I win with the town.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 11:17:51 PM
Lynch Count: (8 votes needed for majority)

Alex 1/8 (bluesteel)

Metaphysics:
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 11:25:42 PM
Well... VTL ALEX for pressure.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2011 11:40:00 PM
I guess a number of the Jedi could be lie detectors...

I win with the town
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 12:05:56 AM

Alex 3/8 (bluesteel, mongoose, mongeese)

Metaphysics:
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 12:15:37 AM
I win with the town.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 12:16:59 AM
I'll help with the pressure. VTL Alex.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 12:20:10 AM

Alex 5/8 (bluesteel, mongoose, mongeese, nerdykiller, mestari)

Metaphysics:
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 12:20:54 AM
Do you win the the town, Mestari?
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 12:22:16 AM
At 8/19/2011 12:20:54 AM, mongoose wrote:

I was the first person to say that...
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 1:03:14 AM
At 8/19/2011 12:22:16 AM, Mestari wrote:
At 8/19/2011 12:20:54 AM, mongoose wrote:

I was the first person to say that...

My apologies, I didn't see it.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 1:04:02 AM
At 8/19/2011 12:54:24 AM, dougfunny2 wrote:
vote to lynch bluesteel

first post rule

In all your recording of mafia games, have you found the first post rule to be valid? Have you done statistical tests?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 2:23:16 AM
At 8/19/2011 1:15:26 AM, dougfunny2 wrote:
At 8/19/2011 1:04:02 AM, mongoose wrote:
vote to lynch bluesteel

first post rule

In all your recording of mafia games, have you found the first post rule to be valid? Have you done statistical tests?

65 - 70% of the time. It sort of went in patterns though with it being very prevalent in beginning games (when people never heard of the rule) then there was a period when everyone knew it and most first post were townies. Now I have found that most people don't know it and the first post tends to be mafia. Look at bluesteels game with no NP. First post was mafia. I didn't say that was the reason why i killed tim, but it was about 90% of my reasoning as he only had 2 posts.

Yeah, but the problem is that I know the rule since you busted me on it already once before. If I was mafia, I would have logged off, stopped posting mod updates to my game, and waited for someone else to post first.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 2:33:43 AM
Also, I got my role PM 12 hours before DP1 went up. I doubt I'd risk saying that if I was mafia, since I wouldn't know whether other people did too (fearing it might have been mafia specific).
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 2:57:10 AM
At 8/19/2011 1:15:26 AM, dougfunny2 wrote:
At 8/19/2011 1:04:02 AM, mongoose wrote:
vote to lynch bluesteel

first post rule

65 - 70% of the time. It sort of went in patterns though with it being very prevalent in beginning games (when people never heard of the rule) then there was a period when everyone knew it and most first post were townies. Now I have found that most people don't know it and the first post tends to be mafia. Look at bluesteels game with no NP. First post was mafia. I didn't say that was the reason why i killed tim, but it was about 90% of my reasoning as he only had 2 posts.

Going to say that when TBK's account was closed it had me wondering, especially given his intuitive play style. On the first post point, I'm not trusting this idea, especially since unlike many first posts, Bluesteel's post actually had a vote and a valid one at that. I hate trying to determine the alignment of inactive players.

Having said that, due to Alex being inactive we might not get any results out of him. So, it's to a beginner for my vote - marcuscato (vote below) .

Now, on the subject of lie detection. I win with the town.

VTL marcuscato
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 2:59:22 AM
I win with the town.

I highly doubt people are going to suddenly unvote and vote bluesteel over Alex, so I won't bother. I'm also not gonna add another vote for Alex as he has enough pressure already. I'm okay with pressuring him first anyway considering he is probably among the least active, which will make it hard to get a read on him and determine inactivity vs. purposeful stalling.
President of DDO
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:52:57 AM
At 8/19/2011 4:02:36 AM, marcuscato wrote:
VTL alex.I dont wanna die first soz..

I win with the town.

I think we have enough pressure on Alex for now, and I like the first post rule. Maybe we can get enough to pressure 2 at a time.

VTL Bluesteel for pressure
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 8:13:29 AM
I'm not going to vote for now. As Danielle pointed out, we have sufficient pressure on Alex so as to not need more votes. I don't know at this point if there is anything to doug's vote against bluesteel. Surely he knows about the rule and would not risk posting first. That being said, I win with the town.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"