Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Arguing Game

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 2:58:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The people who post here, in the order I point out, most argue over these things:

2nd and 3rd person to join the thread: What type of cheese is best.
4th and 5th: Who is winning the cheese argument.
6th and 7th: Whether this game is fun or not.
8th and 9th: Whether a rubber duck is a useful item.
10th and 11th: Whether the cheese argument or the duck argument has more entertainment value.
12 and 13th: What this argument is about.
14+ will start new round.

GO GO GO!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:22:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Moon cheese is clearly the most superior type of cheese.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:33:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 4:22:10 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Moon cheese is clearly the most superior type of cheese.

Mozzarella is way better, especially because it actually exists.
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:38:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 4:33:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:22:10 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Moon cheese is clearly the most superior type of cheese.

Mozzarella is way better, especially because it actually exists.

Proof that moon cheese exists: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Clearly, this swiss moon cheese is of a higher quality. Why else would it be put in the heavens, for all of humanity to look up to in awe? It is clearly a goal that has been set for all of humanity, to obtain the moon cheese.

Also, "MOZZARELLA CHEESE IS BAD" http://answers.yahoo.com...
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Tim_Spin
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:39:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Existence must proceed superiority and therefore, Andro is winning.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:46:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 4:39:06 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Existence must proceed superiority and therefore, Andro is winning.

Umm, totes not true. God doesn't exist and God is the be-all and end-all of everything that both exists and does not exist. Freedom is clearly winning not only because he has proven that moon cheese exists with a verifiable source, but because the cheese de la moon has far more use to both the heavens and the earth and is therefore "better."
President of DDO
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:51:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 4:38:35 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:33:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:22:10 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Moon cheese is clearly the most superior type of cheese.

Mozzarella is way better, especially because it actually exists.

Proof that moon cheese exists: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Uncyclopedia is not proof. They brought moon rocks back. Cheese does not have rocks (at least, it shouldn't), so the moon cannot be cheese. There is no moon cheese.

Clearly, this swiss moon cheese is of a higher quality. Why else would it be put in the heavens, for all of humanity to look up to in awe? It is clearly a goal that has been set for all of humanity, to obtain the moon cheese.

It wasn't put up there so we could look at in awe. Even if it existed, it has rocks in it. It was put in the sky so no one could eat it and break their teeth.

Also, "MOZZARELLA CHEESE IS BAD" http://answers.yahoo.com...

It is not bad because it is an essential component of pizza and mozzarella sticks. Junk food as we know it could not exist without mozzarella.
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:00:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 4:51:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:38:35 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:33:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:22:10 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Moon cheese is clearly the most superior type of cheese.

Mozzarella is way better, especially because it actually exists.

Proof that moon cheese exists: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Uncyclopedia is not proof. They brought moon rocks back. Cheese does not have rocks (at least, it shouldn't), so the moon cannot be cheese. There is no moon cheese.

Who is this "they" of which you speak. The moon landing was actually a conspiracy: http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...
Also, there is no reason to believe that if we did land on the moon, the government would tell civilians about the moon being made of cheese. After all, "He who controls the cheese controls the world" -KND (Cheese Shogun). The government is clearly monopolizing this resource to keep its power.

Clearly, this swiss moon cheese is of a higher quality. Why else would it be put in the heavens, for all of humanity to look up to in awe? It is clearly a goal that has been set for all of humanity, to obtain the moon cheese.

It wasn't put up there so we could look at in awe. Even if it existed, it has rocks in it. It was put in the sky so no one could eat it and break their teeth.

Why would two super powers, US and USSR, have a space race to reach a big hunk of rock? Clearly, both nations determined that the moon was made of cheese and needed this resource to win the war. US got the cheese, US won the war. Coincidence? I think not.

Also, "MOZZARELLA CHEESE IS BAD" http://answers.yahoo.com...

It is not bad because it is an essential component of pizza and mozzarella sticks. Junk food as we know it could not exist without mozzarella.

It may not be objectively bad, but it is most certainly relatively bad compared to the might of moon cheese.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:11:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 5:00:06 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:51:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:38:35 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:33:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:22:10 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Moon cheese is clearly the most superior type of cheese.

Mozzarella is way better, especially because it actually exists.

Proof that moon cheese exists: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Uncyclopedia is not proof. They brought moon rocks back. Cheese does not have rocks (at least, it shouldn't), so the moon cannot be cheese. There is no moon cheese.

Who is this "they" of which you speak. The moon landing was actually a conspiracy: http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

Mythbusters already busted that myth. http://mythbustersresults.com... The astronauts landed on the moon and brought back rocks.
Also, there is no reason to believe that if we did land on the moon, the government would tell civilians about the moon being made of cheese. After all, "He who controls the cheese controls the world" -KND (Cheese Shogun). The government is clearly monopolizing this resource to keep its power.

Cheese goes bad, so keeping it a secret would be a terrible idea. If they wanted o benefit from its discovery, they would sell it. There is no moon cheese being sold.

Clearly, this swiss moon cheese is of a higher quality. Why else would it be put in the heavens, for all of humanity to look up to in awe? It is clearly a goal that has been set for all of humanity, to obtain the moon cheese.

It wasn't put up there so we could look at in awe. Even if it existed, it has rocks in it. It was put in the sky so no one could eat it and break their teeth.

Why would two super powers, US and USSR, have a space race to reach a big hunk of rock? Clearly, both nations determined that the moon was made of cheese and needed this resource to win the war. US got the cheese, US won the war. Coincidence? I think not.

Big hunks of rock are incredibly useful. You can throw them at people's heads, you can climb them, and we're even living on one right now!

Also, "MOZZARELLA CHEESE IS BAD" http://answers.yahoo.com...

It is not bad because it is an essential component of pizza and mozzarella sticks. Junk food as we know it could not exist without mozzarella.

It may not be objectively bad, but it is most certainly relatively bad compared to the might of moon cheese.

So you admit mozzarella is good, then? Moon cheese can't be good because it doesn't exist.
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:16:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 5:11:22 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 5:00:06 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:51:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:38:35 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:33:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 4:22:10 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
Moon cheese is clearly the most superior type of cheese.

Mozzarella is way better, especially because it actually exists.

Proof that moon cheese exists: http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Uncyclopedia is not proof. They brought moon rocks back. Cheese does not have rocks (at least, it shouldn't), so the moon cannot be cheese. There is no moon cheese.

Who is this "they" of which you speak. The moon landing was actually a conspiracy: http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

Mythbusters already busted that myth. http://mythbustersresults.com... The astronauts landed on the moon and brought back rocks.

Uncyclopedia isn't a valid source, but mythbusters is? A show that is for purely entertainment purposes, although it claims to be educational. I understand the astronauts could've landed on the moon, and still brought back rocks which they had previously stored on board for their ruse.

Also, there is no reason to believe that if we did land on the moon, the government would tell civilians about the moon being made of cheese. After all, "He who controls the cheese controls the world" -KND (Cheese Shogun). The government is clearly monopolizing this resource to keep its power.

Cheese goes bad, so keeping it a secret would be a terrible idea. If they wanted o benefit from its discovery, they would sell it. There is no moon cheese being sold.

Cheese would not go bad in space, as there would be no chemical deterioration and it would not be eaten by bacteria. Also, how do we know that the moon cheese isn't being sold? It is a mystical and powerful substance, and could easily be under the guise of some other material.

Clearly, this swiss moon cheese is of a higher quality. Why else would it be put in the heavens, for all of humanity to look up to in awe? It is clearly a goal that has been set for all of humanity, to obtain the moon cheese.

It wasn't put up there so we could look at in awe. Even if it existed, it has rocks in it. It was put in the sky so no one could eat it and break their teeth.

Why would two super powers, US and USSR, have a space race to reach a big hunk of rock? Clearly, both nations determined that the moon was made of cheese and needed this resource to win the war. US got the cheese, US won the war. Coincidence? I think not.

Big hunks of rock are incredibly useful. You can throw them at people's heads, you can climb them, and we're even living on one right now!

Rocks are useful, but there is also a huge, easily accessible supply on Earth. There would be no reason to have a space race to get rocks when I could go pick some up outside.

Also, "MOZZARELLA CHEESE IS BAD" http://answers.yahoo.com...

It is not bad because it is an essential component of pizza and mozzarella sticks. Junk food as we know it could not exist without mozzarella.

It may not be objectively bad, but it is most certainly relatively bad compared to the might of moon cheese.

So you admit mozzarella is good, then? Moon cheese can't be good because it doesn't exist.

No, I said "may." However, mozzarella (which I just realized might not even be a real type of cheese), cannot compare to divine lunar cheese.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:29:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 5:25:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
This argument is totally pointless, I mean, really?

But this thread mentioned moon cheese. Moon cheese! What could be more awesome?
Tim_Spin
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 6:52:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Freedoms choice hardly proves anything for the source itself is filled with it's own contradictions. It claims that aneeda smith was the first person to eat off the moon. The source claimed she verified by exclaiming, "holy shlt that shlt is cheese!!"

However the contradiction is write in front of our faces. For the article just a few sentences later says that women are not capable of doing anything before men and so aneeda smith could not have been te first person to eat off of the moon and thus her verification is meaniness.

Was the article lying, wrong in it's story of aneeda smith or of women's inferiority to men? If it be the former, then why should we believe their story at all and if it be the latter then the source must be dismissed as prejudiced, sexist, and most likely homophobic.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 7:36:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 6:52:43 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Freedoms choice hardly proves anything for the source itself is filled with it's own contradictions. It claims that aneeda smith was the first person to eat off the moon. The source claimed she verified by exclaiming, "holy shlt that shlt is cheese!!"

However the contradiction is write in front of our faces. For the article just a few sentences later says that women are not capable of doing anything before men and so aneeda smith could not have been te first person to eat off of the moon and thus her verification is meaniness.

Was the article lying, wrong in it's story of aneeda smith or of women's inferiority to men? If it be the former, then why should we believe their story at all and if it be the latter then the source must be dismissed as prejudiced, sexist, and most likely homophobic.

Unless aneeda smith is actually a hermaphrodite.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Tim_Spin
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 7:39:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You are not part if this argument about your argument!
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 7:59:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 7:39:48 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
You are not part if this argument about your argument!

My bad.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 8:30:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 5:16:36 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/19/2011 5:11:22 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Mythbusters already busted that myth. http://mythbustersresults.com... The astronauts landed on the moon and brought back rocks.

Uncyclopedia isn't a valid source, but mythbusters is? A show that is for purely entertainment purposes, although it claims to be educational.

At least Mythbusters tries to incorporate education. Uncyclopedia doesn't even bother.
I understand the astronauts could've landed on the moon, and still brought back rocks which they had previously stored on board for their ruse.

Why would they bother to go to the moon and fake that they are bringing back moon rocks? I can't see a reason to do that, and without a reason, they probably wouldn't bother.

Cheese goes bad, so keeping it a secret would be a terrible idea. If they wanted o benefit from its discovery, they would sell it. There is no moon cheese being sold.

Cheese would not go bad in space, as there would be no chemical deterioration and it would not be eaten by bacteria.

Cheese has bacteria. http://en.wikipedia.org... If the moon is made of cheese, there is bacteria in space. So, there is bacteria in space that could make the moon go bad. The moon hasn't gone bad, so it's not cheese.
Also, how do we know that the moon cheese isn't being sold? It is a mystical and powerful substance, and could easily be under the guise of some other material.

There's no reason to do that, it loses it's incredible marketing potential that way. If moon cheese is being sold, it is being sold as moon cheese.

Big hunks of rock are incredibly useful. You can throw them at people's heads, you can climb them, and we're even living on one right now!

Rocks are useful, but there is also a huge, easily accessible supply on Earth. There would be no reason to have a space race to get rocks when I could go pick some up outside.

Moon rocks are different, you can't get them on Earth. http://www.asi.org...

So you admit mozzarella is good, then? Moon cheese can't be good because it doesn't exist.

No, I said "may." However, mozzarella (which I just realized might not even be a real type of cheese), cannot compare to divine lunar cheese.

How would mozzarella not be a real cheese? I had it on a pizza a few days ago! it's moon cheese that doesn't exist.
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 9:28:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 8:30:41 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/19/2011 5:16:36 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/19/2011 5:11:22 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Mythbusters already busted that myth. http://mythbustersresults.com... The astronauts landed on the moon and brought back rocks.

Uncyclopedia isn't a valid source, but mythbusters is? A show that is for purely entertainment purposes, although it claims to be educational.

At least Mythbusters tries to incorporate education. Uncyclopedia doesn't even bother.

That's an opinion, which has no place in a debate such as ours based purely on facts.

I understand the astronauts could've landed on the moon, and still brought back rocks which they had previously stored on board for their ruse.

Why would they bother to go to the moon and fake that they are bringing back moon rocks? I can't see a reason to do that, and without a reason, they probably wouldn't bother.

To discover if the moon is truly made of cheese, as was widely believed. Also, they needed to gather samples to test its properties (although they hid this from the public).

Cheese goes bad, so keeping it a secret would be a terrible idea. If they wanted o benefit from its discovery, they would sell it. There is no moon cheese being sold.

Cheese would not go bad in space, as there would be no chemical deterioration and it would not be eaten by bacteria.

Cheese has bacteria. http://en.wikipedia.org... If the moon is made of cheese, there is bacteria in space. So, there is bacteria in space that could make the moon go bad. The moon hasn't gone bad, so it's not cheese.

Bacteria is required to make cheese, but not to sustain it. Clearly the moon cheese was made before being placed in a space environment. It's origins are still unknown to cheesetorians.

Also, how do we know that the moon cheese isn't being sold? It is a mystical and powerful substance, and could easily be under the guise of some other material.

There's no reason to do that, it loses it's incredible marketing potential that way. If moon cheese is being sold, it is being sold as moon cheese.

Then the government would have to admit that the moon is made of cheese. This would surely lead to another arms race, as we know "cheese is power." We don't want another arms race and the US gov't wants to keep its power.

Big hunks of rock are incredibly useful. You can throw them at people's heads, you can climb them, and we're even living on one right now!

Rocks are useful, but there is also a huge, easily accessible supply on Earth. There would be no reason to have a space race to get rocks when I could go pick some up outside.

Moon rocks are different, you can't get them on Earth.

Even if the moon was made of rocks (which it isn't), the rocks are made of the same material as earth rocks (same elements, that is).

http://www.asi.org...

So you admit mozzarella is good, then? Moon cheese can't be good because it doesn't exist.

No, I said "may." However, mozzarella (which I just realized might not even be a real type of cheese), cannot compare to divine lunar cheese.

How would mozzarella not be a real cheese? I had it on a pizza a few days ago! it's moon cheese that doesn't exist.

How do we know that what you ate wasn't moon cheese under the guise of this "mozzarella." Of course, how can you not see it!
mozzarella
take the first two letters
mozzarella
rotate the next two letters
moonarella

There you have it, moon-arella. Clearly mozzarella is just one of the guises of moon cheese. However, because mozarella in itself is not a cheese (merely a disguise), moon cheese is superior.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Tim_Spin
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2011 9:12:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Danielle is clearly too scared to come over and defend herself. Winner!
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:40:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bump. I claim victory in the cheese debate.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:43:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/20/2011 12:51:51 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Rubber ducks are very useful.

for some reason, I didn't read "ducks" correctly.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
freedomsquared
Posts: 450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 9:15:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 4:43:14 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/20/2011 12:51:51 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Rubber ducks are very useful.

for some reason, I didn't read "ducks" correctly.

Whatever could you have read? *said in extremely innocent voice*
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 2:16:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 4:43:14 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/20/2011 12:51:51 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Rubber ducks are very useful.

for some reason, I didn't read "ducks" correctly.

It's a reflection of your subconscious.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
devinni01841
Posts: 1,405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2011 9:46:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/19/2011 2:58:44 AM, FREEDO wrote:
The people who post here, in the order I point out, most argue over these things:

2nd and 3rd person to join the thread: What type of cheese is best.
4th and 5th: Who is winning the cheese argument.
6th and 7th: Whether this game is fun or not.
8th and 9th: Whether a rubber duck is a useful item.
10th and 11th: Whether the cheese argument or the duck argument has more entertainment value.
12 and 13th: What this argument is about.
14+ will start new round.

GO GO GO!

Kudos FREEDO you just started what has the potential to be the most convoluted thread EVER :)) Keep up the good work my friend.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 12:20:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/28/2011 9:46:51 AM, devinni01841 wrote:
Kudos FREEDO you just started what has the potential to be the most convoluted thread EVER :)) Keep up the good work my friend.

You are now #9!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord