Jump to topic:

No NP Mafia Endgame

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 2:54:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
tim_spin – Godfather. You win with the mafia.
Mestari - Day suicide reviver. You win with the town.
Mongoose – Day cop. You win with the town.
Danielle – Suicide bomber. You win with the mafia.
Mongeese – Role cop. You win with the mafia.
Christopheratheist – Day watcher. You win with the town.
Freedomsquared – Day Politician. You win with the town.
Lickdafoot – Day Doctor. You win with the town.
andromeda - Day Role Blocker. Mafia
Medic - Paranoid Day Cop. Town
Askbob - Day Vig. Town.
Logic - Overeager Miller. Town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 2:57:55 PM
Player Ranks - top 3

1. askbob

Killed tim_spin and danielle on DP1 and 2. Pretty astounding guesses, given how little these players posted before he killed them. Single-handedly took down 50% of the mafia, and prevented town from losing. It seemed that had lickdafoot remained as the replacement, she and medic were going to lynch logic, which would have resulted in a town loss.

2. mongoose

Got mongeese lynched with his investigation. Mongeese and danielle's timing in voting to then kill mongoose made mongeese look awfully guilty, although the timing appears to have been an accident.

3. logic

Great tactic with overeager miller of claiming early. This seems to consistently work well with the miller role.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:00:20 PM
Had medic died, he would have showed up as another "Day cop."

I know mafia were unhappy with this game in some respects, but they still came very close to winning. Theoretically, mafia could have won by DP2, if vig killed the wrong person, the paranoid cop got the wrong person killed, and then town lynched the paranoid cop.

If I run a game like this again, I would try not to use time sensitive roles and also would encourage players to plan their actions out ahead of time, so I could carry them out simultaneously once the next DP started. Although players could strategically save their roles.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:04:20 PM
TheBaldKnobbers was askbob by the way.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:04:36 PM
At 8/19/2011 3:04:20 PM, bluesteel wrote:
TheBaldKnobbers was askbob by the way.

as was dougfunny2
askbob77777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:07:14 PM
Mestari - Day suicide reviver. You win with the town. - vanilla + confirming one person for 1 dayphase
Mongoose – Day cop. You win with the town. - cop
Christopheratheist – Day watcher. You win with the town. - Vanilla
Freedomsquared – Day Politician. You win with the town. - Compensates for number of mafia
Lickdafoot – Day Doctor. You win with the town. - Doctor
Medic - Paranoid Day Cop. Town - Vanilla
Askbob - Day Vig. Town. - Vig
Logic - Overeager Miller. Town. - Vanilla
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:15:11 PM
At 8/19/2011 3:05:09 PM, askbob77777 wrote:
this was a win gamestyle bluesteel. It made things run really fast which was good imo

Thanks, I definitely liked the pacing. Night phases seem to really slow most games down.
askbob77777
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:17:56 PM
At 8/19/2011 3:15:11 PM, bluesteel wrote:
this was a win gamestyle bluesteel. It made things run really fast which was good imo

Thanks, I definitely liked the pacing. Night phases seem to really slow most games down.

I think the pacing in this game even made the day phases more interesting. They were extremely action packed which I liked.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 3:48:41 PM
At 8/19/2011 3:17:56 PM, askbob77777 wrote:

I think the pacing in this game even made the day phases more interesting. They were extremely action packed which I liked.

Logic said something at the end that clicked and got me thinking, I meant to unvote but forgot. I'm glad doug didn't go for Logic. There were some roles that I hadn't run into yet, including my own (sorry Mestari). I think the use of these roles by the mod made it a very interesting game, and I definately like the no night phase part.
This one should be done again.

Good game everyone. Thanks to Bluesteel for an awesome game.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:46:23 PM
At 8/19/2011 2:57:55 PM, bluesteel wrote:
2. mongoose

Got mongeese lynched with his investigation. Mongeese and danielle's timing in voting to then kill mongoose made mongeese look awfully guilty, although the timing appears to have been an accident.

My plan was to declare I had investigated him guilty after he claimed doctor, and to reveal that medic was innocent, but I had to go somewhere, so it's good that the town figured it out.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:48:19 PM
At 8/19/2011 4:46:23 PM, mongoose wrote:
2. mongoose

My plan was to declare I had investigated him guilty after he claimed doctor, and to reveal that medic was innocent, but I had to go somewhere, so it's good that the town figured it out.

It would have been slightly more helpful had you announced medic's innocence before dying, but I can see why you might hold back.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 4:51:28 PM
At 8/19/2011 4:48:19 PM, bluesteel wrote:
2. mongoose

It would have been slightly more helpful had you announced medic's innocence before dying, but I can see why you might hold back.

My thinking was that if he claimed anything other than miller, then it would be set. I wasn't thinking at the time that we already had a claimed miller, so he couldn't claim that anyways.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:25:41 PM

Agreed. Got to say it was a little disconcerting when after coming back online after sleeping I'd missed the end of DP 1, all of 2 and part of 3.

Other points - how the heck did you kill so accurately Askbob? That's pretty amazing stuff. Also, I don't think Andromeda can catch a break with me playing. I don't think I've ever been on her, and since I've never been lynched ever... (came close this game though!)
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:35:29 PM
At 8/19/2011 5:25:41 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Other points - how the heck did you kill so accurately Askbob? That's pretty amazing stuff. Also, I don't think Andromeda can catch a break with me playing. I don't think I've ever been on her, and since I've never been lynched ever... (came close this game though!)

for what is worth i didn't think you were mafia and hoping you would somehow change medics mind.

first game with roles, it was very fun :) cosigning on the pace of the game.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:36:45 PM
At 8/19/2011 5:25:41 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Agreed. Got to say it was a little disconcerting when after coming back online after sleeping I'd missed the end of DP 1, all of 2 and part of 3.

Same here, I was gone for a while, logged on, and so much happened. It was hard to catch up, but the pace was great when I was online. I liked not having to wait for days when the NPs took forever.
Also, I don't think Andromeda can catch a break with me playing. I don't think I've ever been on her, and since I've never been lynched ever... (came close this game though!)

I know, you're killing me here! I can't believe you've never been lynched before, though. Mow I really want to get you lynched.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:41:51 PM
At 8/19/2011 5:36:45 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I know, you're killing me here! I can't believe you've never been lynched before, though. Mow I really want to get you lynched.

LOL first target next beginner game, yes?

jk :)
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2011 5:48:12 PM
2. mongoose

This was key in my playing near the end. I determined that the only reason you hadn't counter-claimed was because you knew Medic's innocence. This made Andromeda my only target at the end.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it