11. Askbob
12. Danielle
13.marcuscato
14. mongeese

Players Dead:
none

Votes Needed for majority:

DP2 will end in 72 hours.. Have Fun 8)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:32:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL MONGEESE

I am Yoda, the lie detector. He lied when he said he won with the town. Lynch him. Also state whether or not you win with the town.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:33:32 PM
At 8/22/2011 10:29:52 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
5. Alex

I mean Wierdman
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:34:42 PM
Vote Count: (8 votes for majority)

Mongeese 1/8 (mongoose)

Metaphysics:
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:35:31 PM
At 8/22/2011 10:32:00 PM, mongoose wrote:
VTL MONGEESE

I am Yoda, the lie detector. He lied when he said he won with the town. Lynch him. Also state whether or not you win with the town.

VTL Mongeese, then.

Also, it's strange that there was no mafia kill. They could have tried to kill someone protected or bulletproof. It's not likely, but it's the only explanation I can think of.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:48:34 PM

Mongeese 3/8 (mongoose, andromeda, askbob)

Metaphysics:
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:52:48 PM
Oh, and probably doctor on me. We should at least wait for everybody to have a chance to reveal anything they've learned.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 10:58:47 PM
At 8/22/2011 10:55:28 PM, proxiesareeverywhere wrote:
Probable number of mafia 4-5

Guesses:

nerdykiller
andromedaZ
mongeese(obvious)
Medic
logiconrails

Is this an actual guess, or is there reasoning behind it?
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:02:42 PM
1. Tim_Spin
2. Andromeda_Z
3. Medic
4. Logic_on_rails
5. Alex
6. bluesteel
7. mongoose
8. NERDYKILLER
9. Mestari
10. freedomsquared
11. Askbob
12. Danielle
13.marcuscato
14. mongeese

Guesses:

nerdykiller
andromedaZ
mongeese(obvious)
Medic
logiconrails

UM...
How am i the subject?
DO u have a reason?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:05:01 PM
At 8/22/2011 11:00:19 PM, proxiesareeverywhere wrote:
At 8/22/2011 10:58:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Guesses:

nerdykiller
andromedaZ
mongeese(obvious)
Medic
logiconrails

Is this an actual guess, or is there reasoning behind it?

there's good reasoning behind it

Okay, what is it?
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:14:40 PM
A_Z, nk, do you win with the town?
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:16:45 PM
At 8/22/2011 11:14:40 PM, mongoose wrote:
A_Z, nk, do you win with the town?

That was the first thing I said (DP1, page 5, first post), but I'll repeat it. I win with the town.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:17:57 PM
You must say it every day phase. I can only check things in the previous day phase.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:19:07 PM
At 8/22/2011 11:17:57 PM, mongoose wrote:
You must say it every day phase. I can only check things in the previous day phase.

Okay, I'll make sure to do that from now on. Must be a new variant on the role.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:56:29 PM
My post again got cut...

First point. Something extremely odd happened in the NP. Was anybody roleblocked? Also, I can confirm a certain person to be town. I'll talk more later (school + I have a problem posting on a filtered laptop) .

VTL Mongeese
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2011 11:57:35 PM
At 8/22/2011 11:56:29 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
My post again got cut...

First point. Something extremely odd happened in the NP. Was anybody roleblocked? Also, I can confirm a certain person to be town. I'll talk more later (school + I have a problem posting on a filtered laptop) .

VTL Mongeese

I win with the town. Said this before my post got cut. I forgot it when I retyped my post.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:05:27 AM
freedom and andromeda are high on my suspicion list based on behavior on DP1

VTL mongeese

I win with the town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:09:22 AM
At 8/22/2011 10:35:31 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/22/2011 10:32:00 PM, mongoose wrote:
VTL MONGEESE

VTL Mongeese, then.

Also, it's strange that there was no mafia kill. They could have tried to kill someone protected or bulletproof. It's not likely, but it's the only explanation I can think of.

I am Luke Skywalker. I am bulletproof. The logic is that the main character would not win in his sleep. I figure that it is safe to claim not because they have probably already targeted me assuming I had an extremely powerful role, since I am not nearly as active in this game as most. The reasoning for that is school starting up and that I have to research immensely for my high school debate topics.

A second role given to my character is the unpopular townie. I don't know if it's because matt dislikes Luke or if his description of lame actually applies (I haven't seen the movies since I was like 8). This means that it takes one less vote to lynch me. I decided it would be safer to tell you this part now than to be accidentally lynched while offline.

I win with the town.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:09:45 AM
VTL Mongeese.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:21:57 AM
At 8/23/2011 12:05:27 AM, bluesteel wrote:

VTL mongeese

I win with the town.

If it's the inactivity, I said I was at my grandmas' house because my parents were out of town. She doesn't like the internet, and computers in general. Was it something else I did? Both you and askbob think I'm suspicious, but neither of you has stated why, so I can only guess.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:25:52 AM
At 8/23/2011 12:21:57 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

VTL mongeese

I win with the town.

If it's the inactivity, I said I was at my grandmas' house because my parents were out of town. She doesn't like the internet, and computers in general. Was it something else I did? Both you and askbob think I'm suspicious, but neither of you has stated why, so I can only guess.

I win with the town.

Going with everyone else on the lynch.

VTL Mongeese
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:26:40 AM

VTL mongeese

I win with the town.

you were both extremely eager to have a second person claim DP1. I'm guessing the first person to suggest marcuscato claim (logic_on_rails) is town, since mafia would be dumb to be the first to suggest two claims, when they knew both were town, since that would make them look suspicious. But you both bandwagoned on marcus really quickly, long before it became clear that alex wasn't going to claim.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:29:13 AM
oh missed this: nerdykiller didn't VTL mongeese.

Obvious mafia is obvious.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:30:40 AM
mongoose, you should investigate andromeda. I doubt there's a lie detector framer, but if there is, anyone on my or askbob's list is good.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:31:59 AM
At 8/22/2011 10:48:34 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Mongeese 7/8 (mongoose, andromeda, askbob, logic, bluesteel, mestari, medic)
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:33:09 AM
At 8/23/2011 12:26:40 AM, bluesteel wrote:

VTL mongeese

I win with the town.

you were both extremely eager to have a second person claim DP1. I'm guessing the first person to suggest marcuscato claim (logic_on_rails) is town, since mafia would be dumb to be the first to suggest two claims, when they knew both were town, since that would make them look suspicious. But you both bandwagoned on marcus really quickly, long before it became clear that alex wasn't going to claim.

You have a fair point, but given the circumstances, I couldn't wait around. I knew that was the only chance I would get to log on that day. Alex is always inactive, so I assumed he would be in this game as well and voted accordingly.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:37:12 AM
You should be happy to be checked out then - prove your innocence. No point arguing.

Doc on mongoose
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 12:38:37 AM
At 8/23/2011 12:37:12 AM, bluesteel wrote:
You should be happy to be checked out then - prove your innocence. No point arguing.

I am. I didn't see that post, you made it while I was typing.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:31:07 AM
At 8/23/2011 12:29:13 AM, bluesteel wrote:
oh missed this: nerdykiller didn't VTL mongeese.

Obvious mafia is obvious.

And he didn't state I win with the town for lie detector purposes. Vig should kill him (if there's one). Also, Mestari is essentially confirmed, both by his claim and the fact that we need some form of protective role, especially if there's a vig.

Hoping we get that final vote soon so that we can send in the night actions swiftly, plus, there's no need to take longer as we don't want the Mafia getting extra information.