Total Posts:63|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mafia DP3

mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:25:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This one hurts to write :/

Players Remaining:
Tim_Spin
Andromeda_Z
wierdman
bluesteel
mongoose
Mestari
Askbob
Danielle
marcuscato

Players Expired:

Medic was found cut in half by a lightsaber.
You are Greedo.. The 3rd rate Hit Man.. and you Win with the Mafia. You are a really terrible bounty hunter.. and among the lamest characters in the movies.. Despite your suckiness though, you're always available to try to knock someone off.. So.. so long as you live you will be the mafia's tool for scoring night-kills… Just try not to botch any jobs!

Logic_on_rails was found with a hole in his skull from a blaster shot on the back of his head, just above the neck...
You are Anakin Skywalker.. The Overeager Vigilante.. and you Win with the Town. Walking the edge of the dark side you seek out to make the world as you would have it.. and work against those who would have it otherwise..and you don't do so by treading lightly, or speaking soft.. Every night phase you must choose a target to kill.

Freedomsquared was found strangled to death with a long line of chain, with a box of spice dumped over his head, survived by a former dancing girl who's now denounced her deceased boss as a no good misogynist.
You are Jabba The Hut… you are the Drug Lord.. and you Win with the Mafia… Every night phase you can send one of your weird looking dancing girls along with a bunch of spice to the residence of one of the characters… Between the girl and the drugs you can almost certainly count on that individual being quite incapacitated throughout the NP… and yeah.. I know, jabba's a big freaking slug with an attitude who runs the world.. Seems cool.. but he Quite Apparently can't handle one measly little human slave girl..
Lamo!


Oh! and Mongeese Too!!! almost forgot :/
You are Jar Jar binks.. The Moron.. you win if you can get the town to lynch you on Either DP 3, 4 or 5 (so make sure noone wants to kill you beforehand!!!) However.. Being how annoying Jar-Jar is you can decide (by PMing me that you want to during the previous NP) to Really ham up that annoying accent on One Particular day.. and the day upon which you decide to use this "super"-power it take 1 less vote to lynch you.
This video pretty much shows what you want to happen:
Good luck ;)


(Mongeese lost as he died DP2 when he had to be lynched on DP's 3, 4, or 5 to win)

and Nerdykiller

Votes needed for Majority: 5

And.. We're Off!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:32:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Medic was lying... yeah.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:33:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So far, out of 14, 3 mafia, 1 3rd party, and 1 townie have died. I'd expect 4 mafia total, so there should only be one left.

Do you win with the town?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:33:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 10:33:36 PM, mongoose wrote:
So far, out of 14, 3 mafia, 1 3rd party, and 1 townie have died. I'd expect 4 mafia total, so there should only be one left.

Do you win with the town?

I win with the town.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:41:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tim_Spin - I have no idea, has he been replaced or something?
Andromeda_Z - killed a mafioso, almost definately town
wierdman - I have no idea, has he been replaced or something?
bluesteel - Suggested two targets, one town one mafia. Not sure
mongoose - YODA
Mestari - Claimed Luke, town
Askbob - I think 3 of his five suggestions or so were mafia. probably town
Danielle - Did nothing last DP, I don't know
marcuscato - I don't know

I'm going to VTL MARCUSCATO for pressure.

He may have claimed DP1, I forget. I'll check.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:41:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 10:40:31 PM, nevergonnagiveyouup wrote:
At 8/23/2011 10:33:58 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/23/2011 10:33:36 PM, mongoose wrote:
So far, out of 14, 3 mafia, 1 3rd party, and 1 townie have died. I'd expect 4 mafia total, so there should only be one left.

Do you win with the town?

I win with the town.

you're already confirmed as chewbacca correct?

Yes, so there probably wasn't any point in saying that, but I didn't think of that at the time.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:44:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I forget everything that happened DP1. Does someone know what information was learned then?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:57:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 10:40:03 PM, nevergonnagiveyouup wrote:
At 8/22/2011 10:55:28 PM, proxiesareeverywhere wrote:
Probable number of mafia 4-5

Guesses:

nerdykiller - mafia
andromedaZ - confirmed wookie chewbaca -townie
mongeese(obvious) -jester
Medic - mafia
logiconrails - townie

Unguessed:
Freedomsquared - mafia

freedom was my guess. whoever killed him, good job.

I win with the town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
nevergonnagiveyouup
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:58:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Weirdman claims to be R2D2
2. Marcus claims to be Obiwan.
3. Danielle wants to direct the watcher and doctor on revealed characters.
4. Bluesteel thinks Danielle's actions make it easy on the mafia.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 10:59:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 10:44:45 PM, nevergonnagiveyouup wrote:
Tim_Spin - probably mafia

Andromeda_Z - chewbaca - vigilante?

Might as well clarify. I am Chewbacca, but I'm not really a vigilante. I'm a vanilla townie with a one-shot daytime vig power, which I just used on nerdykiller.


Both mestari and wierdman character claimed one being r2-d2 the other being luke skywalker?

wierdman
Mestari -

mongoose - townie lie detector forget character

Askbob - i know i'm town and have predicted 2/5 mafia and 1/5 jester. Still doesn't set me in stone.

Danielle 1 out of these 2 is mafia unsure of whom though my bets would be on bluesteel.
bluesteel

marcuscato - i don't remember him claiming maybe he did but i don't think so. Forget who he replaced i have to read back
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:02:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tim_Spin -
Andromeda_Z - killed a mafioso, Chewy (confirmed)
wierdman - R2D2
bluesteel - suggested nerdy and freedom were mafia
mongoose - Yoda, lie detector (confirmed)
Mestari - Claimed Luke, bulletproof
Askbob - suggested nerdy and medic were mafia
Danielle -
marcuscato - Obiwan
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:03:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 10:59:51 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/23/2011 10:44:45 PM, nevergonnagiveyouup wrote:
Tim_Spin - probably mafia

Andromeda_Z - chewbaca - vigilante?

Might as well clarify. I am Chewbacca, but I'm not really a vigilante. I'm a vanilla townie with a one-shot daytime vig power, which I just used on nerdykiller.

Thank you for that. He was way overpowered, so the sooner he died the better. Good kill!
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:07:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 11:02:17 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Tim_Spin -
Andromeda_Z - killed a mafioso, Chewy (confirmed)
wierdman - R2D2
bluesteel - suggested nerdy and freedom were mafia
mongoose - Yoda, lie detector (confirmed)
Mestari - Claimed Luke, bulletproof
Askbob - suggested nerdy and medic were mafia
Danielle -
marcuscato - Obiwan

So basically tim_spin or danielle are likely mafia. askbob could be too, since it's a good idea to have mafia be on your suspicion list, and his was rather long.

VTL tim_spin for claim

There must only be one mafia left, so this game is pretty much over. Easy lay-up now.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:07:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 11:00:09 PM, nevergonnagiveyouup wrote:
vote to lynch timspin

I dont' remember him posting. yet you probably wouldn't remember me posting either as the mods apparently are deleting my posts

I just checked, his last post was in DP1. Players are to be replaced after they miss a whole DP, so I suspect he's mafia and contributing only in the PM. VTL Tim_Spin
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:09:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 11:07:28 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/23/2011 11:00:09 PM, nevergonnagiveyouup wrote:
vote to lynch timspin

I dont' remember him posting. yet you probably wouldn't remember me posting either as the mods apparently are deleting my posts

I just checked, his last post was in DP1. Players are to be replaced after they miss a whole DP, so I suspect he's mafia and contributing only in the PM. VTL Tim_Spin

possible but DP2 did last only 4 hours. I'm assuming it's an exception to that rule. But he obviously still needs to claim.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:09:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
UNVOTE because he's Obi Wan.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
nevergonnagiveyouup
Posts: 18
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:11:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 11:09:15 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 8/23/2011 11:07:28 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/23/2011 11:00:09 PM, nevergonnagiveyouup wrote:
vote to lynch timspin

I dont' remember him posting. yet you probably wouldn't remember me posting either as the mods apparently are deleting my posts

I just checked, his last post was in DP1. Players are to be replaced after they miss a whole DP, so I suspect he's mafia and contributing only in the PM. VTL Tim_Spin

possible but DP2 did last only 4 hours. I'm assuming it's an exception to that rule. But he obviously still needs to claim.

i agree i also think it was an exception. Still he has not been that active it'd be nice to get a feel for him.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:12:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 11:08:35 PM, nevergonnagiveyouup wrote:
R2D2 could EASILY be a mafia fake character claim which is my bets. We'll see what tim has to say as he's been quiet.

quite possible, although he claimed first. he should role claim if we wear out other leads
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 11:15:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count

tim_spin - 3/5 - (askbob, blue, andro)

let's not accidentally lynch him though
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 9:34:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unfortunately the last day phase ended before I could post. Either askbob or bluesteel is mafia. I'll wait for tim to post before casting any votes for pressure. It's just tim, blue, askbob and I who haven't claimed, correct? I personally don't see the logic in starting with tim to pressure considering (a) apparently he hasn't been active anyway and (b) askbob or bluesteel (or me, to be fair) is likely the last mafioso. I'm guessing it's bluesteel because I feel like he's relying on other people to think I'm mafia and that's why he hasn't killed me, whereas I think askbob would have killed me by now if he were mafia. Considering tim was online 5 hours ago I think we should let him post before considering switching pressure, obviously. I don't see why he hasn't claimed yet. Also it's possible that either askbob or bluesteel has a 3rd party role but I guess we can't really worry about that.
President of DDO
Tim_Spin
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 11:37:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The reason I didn't post last DP was because it started when I went to sleep for the night and ended before I woke up. It only lasted 6 hours! After reading it through though I can tell why it was so short. Anways, I guess pressure's on me now to claim. First, I win with the town. Second, my character's name is Admiral Ackbar, that fish guy that yelled, "It's a trap!", in episode 6 I believe. Anyways, if you guys want me to claim, I can do that. I've been eager to since NP1. Plus I don't think mafia will try to kill me since they have more important townies to kill off, namely Mongeese and marcuscato.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 12:13:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2011 11:37:54 AM, Tim_Spin wrote:
The reason I didn't post last DP was because it started when I went to sleep for the night and ended before I woke up. It only lasted 6 hours! After reading it through though I can tell why it was so short. Anways, I guess pressure's on me now to claim. First, I win with the town. Second, my character's name is Admiral Ackbar, that fish guy that yelled, "It's a trap!", in episode 6 I believe. Anyways, if you guys want me to claim, I can do that. I've been eager to since NP1. Plus I don't think mafia will try to kill me since they have more important townies to kill off, namely Mongeese and marcuscato.

Pretty obscure character. You should role claim, particularly if you claim to be so willing.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Tim_Spin
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 12:24:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2011 11:43:14 AM, Danielle wrote:
Yeah, role claim. Why not.

Every NP, matt gives me some information on the mafia, though it's been pretty useless so far so I can warn the town. Here's what I got.

Np1- At the start of the game there were four mafiosos.

This seemed like common sense and now since three of them are dead, we can end this game by lynching the last mafioso.

Last Np, I was told that all of the mafiosos are basically bad guys who died in pathetic ways(Greedo being shot and killed a minute after he is introduced, Jabba strangled by a chick in a gold bikini, and Sideus manhandled by Vader and thrown into a pit.)
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Tim_Spin
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 1:43:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/24/2011 1:19:28 PM, Danielle wrote:
I don't see how any of that information wasn't already given to us via the story...

We weren't given the exact number of mafiosos and while the criteria could have been deduced, it wasn't entirely clear that lameness itself was the selection criteria. Palpatine ruled the entire empire and Jabba was an intergalactic gangster. I admit I was confused that one of the mafiosos was Greedo but since he was a bounty hunter hired by Jabba, it makes some sense that he would be a goon if Jabba was also in the mafia.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 2:29:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Justify with a summary from your role PM why you get this info.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
dogfoo
Posts: 12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 2:30:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I also want to know if obiwan has info to share with us. I have deduced his role and with all probability he should have learned something by now.