Jump to topic:

Starwars Mafia Game Wrap-up

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:22:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Roles were assigned Completely according to what place you took in the signups.
(I've Included in the below Hidden Role Info that was Not included in your individual PM's)

1. Timspin, You are Boba Fett… The Godfather.. and you Win with the Mafia.. Despite your Seeming kick-assedness.. you are Actually (at least so far as the movies portray you) quite lame.. you did practically nothing in the movies had no story/no development(in the original ones at least :/ ).... all you did was look cool, and then basically fly yourself into a sarlacc pit. Good Job ;)
That said, people tend to think you're Awesome rather than lame.. so… you're bulletproof at night and take an additional vote to lynch.

2. Andromeda,You are Chewbacca… the Wookie.. and you Win with the Town.. Being a wookie you can, at any point in any One day phase, pull someone's arms clear off instantly killing them and revealing their role.. If you happen to try to pull Han's arms off he'll be forced to identify himself in the DP as Han but when he does so you'll be unable to kill him, and your wookie rage will be wasted.

3. Medic, You are Greedo.. The 3rd rate Hit Man.. and you Win with the Mafia. You are a really terrible bounty hunter.. and among the lamest characters in the movies.. Despite your suckiness though, you're always available to try to knock someone off.. So.. so long as you live you will be the mafia's tool for scoring night-kills… Just try not to botch any jobs!
(Possible "botched job" = If greedo attempted to kill Han when han was protecting Himself... Greedo would be killed)

4. Logic, You are Anakin Skywalker.. The Overeager Vigilante.. and you Win with the Town. Walking the edge of the dark side you seek out to make the world as you would have it.. and work against those who would have it otherwise..and you don't do so by treading lightly, or speaking soft.. Every night phase you must choose a target to kill.

(NP3 and After Anakin becomes Darth Vader... his role stays the same, Except if Darth Sidius is still in play, Sidius gets to Influence vader/Decide who he targets.. Logic would not have been told of any such change... Also, If Vader was a guest of Lando's then Sidius would have been told this, and informed of how many people Total were there.. And would have been able to have Vader RB ALL lando's guests on one NP of his choosing)

5. Wierdman,You are R2-D2.. The Jack of All Trades… and you Win with the Town. You basically hold everything together for the stupid humans… Always there when needed in practically any capacity… You've got a one shot doctor, one shot watcher, and can send and receive one 30character message and response to any chosen player each night.

6. Blue,You are Lando Calrissian.. The Mason.. and you Win with the Town. You're almost as smooth in the movie as you are in real life! lol being a people person who also happens to always be in the middle of big plans.. you like making new friends and keeping in touch.. Every Night phase you can send an invite to one player… as soon as/If they accept then they will join you, and whatever other friends you've collected, at your pad (a PM) so that you can better discuss the happenings in the universe.. Just be careful, for the presence of one Particular character at your place could possibly make it rather uncomfortable for your other guests.

the "Particular Character" was Vader ^^
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:25:58 PM
7.Mongoose, You are Yoda… The Epic Lie-detector.. and you Win with the Town. Though you can do many things.. your real power lies in your mind being centered.. And so… being wise in action b/c of having been patient in thought… Every night phase you may meditate upon the happenings of the day, and evaluate a line uttered in the DP to read it as Truth or Lie… If you successfully root out a lie you Really get in tune with the force and can do an Immediate Day Phase lie-detect on any statement.. Whenever you like..This DP detect can only be used Once in the course of the game.

8. Nerdy, You are Senator Palpatine/Sith Lord Darth Sidius… you are a Devious Politician and Controller.. you win with the Mafia. Each NP you can screw with the ballots for the following DP so as to either Increase by 1 the amount of votes needed for a lynch, or Decrease them by 1 as you so please.. (this change will not be apparent in the thread until someone's been lynched) You are Also Immune to Lie Detection.. and, if and when Darth Vader comes into play… You will be able to order him to kill for you during the NP ;)… Now.. despite your being freaking powerful as hell, and a devious bastard.. you're still a Mega-lamo… you have practically no character development at all, you're just a stereotype made manifest, a deviously evil prick with no reason for being evil.. plus.. your death; being manhandled like an old woman and being tossed down ventilation shaft, or something.. left a bit to be desired.. so.. don't feel too good about yourself :p

(if sidius ever ordered vader to kill Luke.. Vader would've ended up suiciding to kill sidius instead)

9. Mestari, You are Luke Skywalker… The kind of Lame-ish Protagonist… And you win with the Town.. You are kind of a bit of a pansy, and a cry-baby… and aren't nearly as awesome as most of the other characters in the movies… but you've got a story/background and your moments of glory nonetheless, and are w/o a doubt an integral part of the story.. so.. You've got two roles.. You are an Unpopular Townie, taking 1 less vote to lynch.. and Are Bulletproof over the NP's.. because since you're the Protagonist, we all know you're not gonna get killed by some bad guy stealing to your room in the dark of night..
Good Luck ;)

10. Freedom, You are Jabba The Hut… you are the Drug Lord.. and you Win with the Mafia… Every night phase you can send one of your weird looking dancing girls along with a bunch of spice to the residence of one of the characters… Between the girl and the drugs you can almost certainly count on that individual being quite incapacitated throughout the NP… and yeah.. I know, jabba's a big freaking slug with an attitude who runs the world.. Seems cool.. but he Quite Apparently can't handle one measly little human slave girl..
Lamo!
(if Jabba tried to RB Leia, which he did, he would be strangled to death; as he was)

11. Askbob,You are Han Solo.. The Artful Dodger.. and you Win with the Town… You are a master of survival and can use your skills and wit to Either protect yourself, or, in your better moments, dropping your own safety to protect a friend…
Additionally.. Once in the course of the game you can use the millennium falcon to protect up to three people of your choice at the same time.. Though After that it'll be in sore need of repairs and since you'll be trying to fix the piece of junk you'll forfeit your dodgering powers for the next NP :/ Good luck ;)

(I don't know why.. but askbob lied about his role :/ I thought I made it awesome enough..)

12. Danielle, You are Leia Organa.. The Anti-Princess.. and you Win with the Town… Resourceful, hard-headed, and down to earth you are not like a normal princess… However, being of High status.. and being female.. does have it's advantages nonetheless… And when you Really push for something you usually get it… so once in the game (whenever you so choose) you can have your vote count as 3… Additionally.. depending upon how the game goes.. you might possibly end up reaping some bigger profits from being so un-influenceable.. who knows?

(possibly reap profits from being uninfluenceable = strangle jabba)

13.Marcus, You are Obi-Wan Kenobi.. The Teacher.. You Win with the Town.. and You can continue to talk after you're dead 8)

14.Mongeese, You are Jar Jar binks.. You are: The Moron.. you win if you can get the town to lynch you on Either DP 3, 4 or 5 (so make sure noone wants to kill you beforehand!!!) However.. Being how annoying Jar-Jar is you can decide (by PMing me that you want to during the previous NP) to Really ham up that annoying accent on One Particular day.. and the day upon which you decide to use this "super"-power it take 1 less vote to lynch you.
This video pretty much shows what you want to happen:
Good luck ;)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:41:20 PM
DP1:
no lynch

NP1 happenings:

Bob uses his one time Millenium Falcon use (which makes him give up his NP2 powers) to protect Himself, Danielle and Bluesteel.

Mafia tries to kill Danielle.. and fails.
Mafia Role-blocks Mongeese.
Mafia uses Devious Politician power to decrease the # of votes it would take to lynch BSteel.

Logic on rails tries to Vig Mestari but fails since Mestari's BProof Luke

Mongoose Lie-detects Mongeese and is told Mongeese lied.

Bluesteel Recruits Logic (who woulda been Vader!) to Mason PM

DP2 happenings:

Nerdykiller having been kinda suspicious through DP1 and I guess moreso DP2 gets his arms torn off by Andromeda/Chewy..
(meanwhile Blue had pushed for Logic to Vig him that night Too anyways, and Logic made it clear to me that's what he was gonna do..) this Really unbalanced the game :/ I kinda put a lot of eggs in that basket.

Mongeese was lynched, earlier than he needed to be, and lost.

NP2 happenings

Logic Vig kills Medic

Freedom/Jabba attempts to Role-block Daniell/Leia and is instead strangled

Timspin/bobafett Mafia kills Logic

Mongoose lie-detects Medic

BSteel recruits danielle.

Bob had no powers.

DP3: Lynch TimSpin!!

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:46:26 PM
oh, and R2D2's description above says one-shot watcher and 30 character message..

in the game it actually said two-shot watcher and 40 character message.

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:54:09 PM
And... Having realized how unbalancing having all the Townie characters being such solid claims could be.. Basically Immediately after sending out the roles :/...

I told the mafia that the town were pretty much all Major characters.. suggesting they Fake-claim with well known non-major characters from the original movies.. (I was thinkin Mon Calamari or Wedge Antilles.. though I didn't say their names)

I also told them that I hadn't put Mace Windu in the game Despite having considered having him as a cop role.. and I said I'd think it might be a good claim.

Metaphysics:
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 10:37:44 PM
a great NP1 role use by askbob. Cleverly predicted that mafia would go for me, him or danielle, given no other information about roles.

lol, perfect role for danielle, esp given how often mafia target her

yeah, mafia had huge advantages against investigation but their behavior and fake claims were bad. Mace Windu would have been a better claim than Admiral ...whatever it was

it seems interesting had vader been converted. I don't see how he could role block everyone in my PM without me figuring out his conversion. 3 people all being roleblocked would have been pretty obvious. But two kills a night - all mafia had to do to win was hold out until DP4.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 10:38:53 PM
and askbob definitely lied about his role to scare the mafia away from targeting me, him or danielle again
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:12:37 AM
TOWN IS OVER POWERED.....
I mean seriously there is like 2 or 3 vigs
I mean HAn SOLO able to bullet proof 3 people!!!
THere should have been more mafia or at least more mafia power.
I mean GREEDO WTF he has no power.....
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:37:13 AM
At 8/26/2011 2:13:21 AM, nerdykiller wrote:
Andro why would u kill me?
WAS I that obvious?

I didn't have any investigations to go on, but your behavior was off. If we weren't going to lynch someone mongoose investigated guilty, I probably would have tried to lynch you.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:55:29 AM
At 8/26/2011 2:37:13 AM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/26/2011 2:13:21 AM, nerdykiller wrote:
Andro why would u kill me?
WAS I that obvious?

I didn't have any investigations to go on, but your behavior was off. If we weren't going to lynch someone mongoose investigated guilty, I probably would have tried to lynch you.

Nerdy, on my own suspicions and Blue's advice I was going to kill you. I had actually sent a bolded night action in (there were enough votes for a lynch) to kill you. Then you were killed in the DP and I had to pick a new target.

Also I found it quite hilarious that the father tried to kill the son (okay, I wasn't Vader then, but still...) .

On a game balance note, it turns out that the Mafia wasn't underpowered at all, especially given double kill powers later. I think this goes to show though that mod balancing of teams is sometimes necessary. Besides Marcus as Obi-Wan, the Mafia was comprised of nearly all the least experienced players. This, combined with the fact that acted almost perfectly to ensure their demise (Jabba dying at Leia's hands...) made this almost too easy. This would have been very entertaining had the teams been spread even a little better.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:59:03 AM
And I Did drop hints to the mafia (though not too obviously) in both a couple of their role pms and a little more explicitly in the Mafia PM to be careful not to die as they did in the Movies.

I figured they might pick up on it :/

Metaphysics:
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 6:09:33 AM
my intro in the mafia pm:

Hello villains 8)

You're all villains of some sort in the Actual story of Starwars!.. but That is not what makes you compatriots in This game..

Your character's are all Mafiosi b/c they all suck either in character development... or suck as in just being ridiculously pathetic beings in their own right.

I've mentioned in the role PM's in what manner your Particular character sucks.. but The one thread that is common to them all is all of your Embarrassing Deaths..

In this game it's your mission to fix at least this one common problem... Kill the damned good guys, and try not to get killed yourself.. and if a couple of you Do end up getting killed :/ At least try to avoid the embarrassment of dying in the same ridiculous manner you did in the movies.

Good Luck! ;)

(and you can all C/paste anything from your Role PM's here into This PM if you wish)

Metaphysics:
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:14:29 AM
I'm going to admit that the town seemed really over-powered, if for no other reason than it was hard for the mafia to fake-claim. I do think they could have made better use of their roles though, and should have been a lot more active. It's a toss-up in role assignments because one time I assigned roles completely randomly (based on sign-ups), and it backfired as the mafia was really dumb. However you otherwise risk what we had assumed in this game: that either myself, askbob or bluesteel would be mafia, because the mod is usually careful to never put us all on the same team. As I always say, I do think it's way harder for the mafia to win - especially in themed games. Fun game -- great theme, but it could have maybe been a bit more balanced. Then again it's not always smart to blame the mod for the mafia's shortcomings ;)
President of DDO