Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 1.2 DP2

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:56:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, the night is over and everyone can come out of their homes. They stagger out slowly, like the village people any cliche 40's monster movie (or the musical village people, picture it how you like), to see a single dead body in the middle of the street.

Medic0506, with a shotgun blast to the back of the head, his jester cap soaked in blood and brain matter. Out of respect, his hat is placed on a pole by the well, noting that he is the first victim in what will surely be one of this towns darkest times.

Medic - Jester, 3rd party. His goal was to get lynched by the town to win, but he was killed in the NP. Sorry (for him).

Blackhawk1331 is replacing Wierdman.

Still Alive

MCDCBC
Detectableninja
Lickdafoot
Greyparrot
Blackhawk1331 (replacing wierdman)
Man-is-good
Wiploc
Marcuscato
Randolph7
Andromeda_Z
Logic_on_rails
Mestari
Freedomsquared

It takes 7 votes to lynch. This DP will end Monday at 4 pm PST. Good luck.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:57:11 PM
Medic again? I suspect that the mafia might have wanted to get rid of him due to his experience in the game or at least if he was targeting a member...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:00:06 PM
What can I say? I'm actually happy with the Mafia for once! The jester is normally a very easy win and such, but they're dead.

On town matters, it'd seem there's no vig, unless they decided to target me (to test mt claim, although the lie detector should have done that) . Obviously, cops probably shouldn't reveal themselves if they don't have a guilty (unless the town already knows you're a cop) .
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:02:39 PM
And I had a feeling MCDCBC was Jester...no offense.

Well then. Any ideas?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:05:00 PM
At 8/26/2011 5:02:39 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Well then. Any ideas?

You thought our lie detector was jester!? I know this is a beginner game, but that's a ridiculously suspect statement.

VTL DetectableNinja
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:05:42 PM
At 8/26/2011 5:00:06 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
What can I say? I'm actually happy with the Mafia for once! The jester is normally a very easy win and such, but they're dead.

That did work out well. Not only is the jester dead, but we didn't lose a townie!

On town matters, it'd seem there's no vig, unless they decided to target me (to test mt claim, although the lie detector should have done that) .

The vig could have decided not to kill. With so little to go on, it would seem that the vig is likely to kill a townie.
Obviously, cops probably shouldn't reveal themselves if they don't have a guilty (unless the town already knows you're a cop) .

So, MCDCBC, what did you find? (Any other people with investigative roles, shut it unless you have a guilty.)
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:06:05 PM
At 8/26/2011 5:05:00 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

Well then. Any ideas?

You thought our lie detector was jester!? I know this is a beginner game, but that's a ridiculously suspect statement.

VTL DetectableNinja

Oh crap. I forgot about that--I honestly did. BUT, if there's pressure, I suppose I'll hafta claim.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:06:48 PM

Well then. Any ideas?

MCDCB already told us [that] she was the lie detecter...So, she couldn't be the jester.
@Logic on rails, I honestly don't think that 'And I had a feeling MCDCB was Jester...' was a suspcious statement...DetectableNinja might have not read the thread and missed the post where she revealed that she was the lie detecter.

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:06:48 PM

Well then. Any ideas?

How did you think she was the jester? The only thing that would fit that idea is that she didn't claim right away when she logged on, but she probably needed a chance to see that she was being pressured anyway.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:07:49 PM
At 8/26/2011 5:06:48 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Well then. Any ideas?

How did you think she was the jester? The only thing that would fit that idea is that she didn't claim right away when she logged on, but she probably needed a chance to see that she was being pressured anyway.

Again, I said I forgot that she claimed.

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:10:17 PM
At 8/26/2011 5:07:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/26/2011 5:06:48 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Well then. Any ideas?

Again, I said I forgot that she claimed.

Sorry, didn't see that while I was typing.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:17:24 PM
Unvote

My vote was a bit rash, but I wanted to make sure that that misconception was eliminated. Andromeda, my point was that if there was no vig kill it should have been testing my claim. Either I'm lying and I die (Mafia) or am found to be telling the truth (townie) .
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:27:29 PM
At 8/26/2011 5:05:42 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

That did work out well. Not only is the jester dead, but we didn't lose a townie!

On town matters, it'd seem there's no vig, unless they decided to target me (to test mt claim, although the lie detector should have done that) .

The vig could have decided not to kill. With so little to go on, it would seem that the vig is likely to kill a townie.
Obviously, cops probably shouldn't reveal themselves if they don't have a guilty (unless the town already knows you're a cop) .

So, MCDCBC, what did you find? (Any other people with investigative roles, shut it unless you have a guilty.)

What's a vig?
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:29:32 PM
At 8/26/2011 5:27:29 PM, randolph7 wrote:

What's a vig?

Vigilante--can kill one person per night.

randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:41:28 PM
At 8/26/2011 5:30:00 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/26/2011 5:27:29 PM, randolph7 wrote:
What's a vig?

Vigilante. The vig can kill at night.

Good to know
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 5:44:42 PM
Again--any ideas? Thoughts?

MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 7:41:14 PM

I did not find anything because I was unfortunately role blocked. :(
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 8:26:10 PM
At 8/26/2011 7:41:14 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

If you were roleblocked how could you tell that you were?

MCDCBC
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 8:31:12 PM
At 8/26/2011 8:26:10 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/26/2011 7:41:14 PM, MCDCBC wrote:

If you were roleblocked how could you tell that you were?

Because Ore_Ele responded with "You've been role blocked!"
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 8:42:13 PM
At 8/23/2011 7:36:41 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I also win with the town.

So man_is_good may not be so good. Here's my reasoning:

If the lie detector checked the truth of the statement, "I also win with the town," and it turns out to be a lie, then Man-is-good is in a position to say, "But wait, I'm town. It must be that the person before me doesn't win with the town. Thus, the statement that I also win with the town is false even though I am town.

Scum-tell. Because it would be a brilliant move if a scum did it.

Not a compelling indictment, since Man-is-good could have posted that unthinkingly, not intending it as a dodge or maneuver. Nonetheless, not a good sign.

Man-is-good may be innocent. But, in my estimation, this is the most suspicious post of the game so far.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 9:01:17 PM
At 8/26/2011 8:42:13 PM, wiploc wrote:

If the lie detector checked the truth of the statement, "I also win with the town," and it turns out to be a lie, then Man-is-good is in a position to say, "But wait, I'm town. It must be that the person before me doesn't win with the town. Thus, the statement that I also win with the town is false even though I am town.

Not a compelling indictment, since Man-is-good could have posted that unthinkingly, not intending it as a dodge or maneuver. Nonetheless, not a good sign.

Man-is-good may be innocent. But, in my estimation, this is the most suspicious post of the game so far.

'Tis suspicious. But lynchworthy? I dunno.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 10:40:23 PM
At 8/26/2011 9:01:17 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

It may not be lynch worthy but we could pressure him into telling us his role. The statement in which he tells us his role could be checked to see whether or not it's a lie. If he lies, odds are he's guilty. If his statement telling his role has a safeguard built in, there's a fair chance that he's guilty. Odds are he won't accidentally put safeguards into both statements that are most likely to be checked.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 10:45:11 PM
At 8/26/2011 10:40:23 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 8/26/2011 9:01:17 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

It may not be lynch worthy but we could pressure him into telling us his role. The statement in which he tells us his role could be checked to see whether or not it's a lie. If he lies, odds are he's guilty. If his statement telling his role has a safeguard built in, there's a fair chance that he's guilty. Odds are he won't accidentally put safeguards into both statements that are most likely to be checked.

Fine. I'll be the first to apply pressure then. VTL Man-is-Good.

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 10:47:46 PM
At 8/26/2011 10:40:23 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

That makes sense, there's no point in lynching him yet, but making him talk could give us someting to use to determine whether he is town or mafia. VTL MIG
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:23:15 PM
VTL Man_is_Good
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 12:21:52 AM
It appears that I have garnered some suspicion about my role. But then again, how do you tell your role? Do you give hints of it? Or do you state it explicitly?

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 12:48:17 AM
At 8/27/2011 12:21:52 AM, Man-is-good wrote:
It appears that I have garnered some suspicion about my role.

It's not really about that, it's the way you said "I win with the town. You said "I also win with the town", which is a way of dodging the lie detector. You would only have a reason to do that if you were guilty.
But then again, how do you tell your role? Do you give hints of it? Or do you state it explicitly?

If you are going to role claim, you just say what your role is.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 1:42:32 AM
blackhawk and detectable, you guys both look super suspicious to me. jumping on MIG to claim his role just because he added "also"??? seems like something the mafia would do.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...