Jump to topic:

Soviet Mafia DP1

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 2:56:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's a few years after Vladimir Lenin's death and the Red Terror has begun.

Comrades, today we protect ourselves from the counter revolutionaries that exist within our state. We seek the enemies of the revolution that exist in our midst. Not all enemies are from the foreign impirialists and capitalists, many are here in our beloved Russia. We go forward to protect the party from the traitors of the revolution.

Rules: No copying and pasting ever.
The DP's will have hard stops.
NO talking about the game outside of the game.
If you are not participating you will be replaced, unless you give a heads up to the mod that you will not be available for a short period of time.

Violations will result in a purge, or a gulag sentence upon the discretion of the mod.

DP will end 6PM Monday eastern.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:08:17 PM
Judging from stephen's post, he seems to be the jester. I win with the town.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

http://www.debate.org...
-tournament debate, need votes
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:15:07 PM
Active Players List

1. marcuscato
2. Andro
3. Lickdafoot
4. Blackhawk1331
5. Stephen_Hawkins
6. Medic
7. Quarterexchange
8. Danielle
9. DetectableNinja
10. bluesteel
11. Ore_Ele
12. freedomsquared
13. Tim Spin
14. nerdykiller
15. badger
16. mongoose
17. Logic_on_rails

I've italicized the people I've never played with before. Usually I'd start by pressuring one of them, however I highly doubt that there are a lot of noobs in the mafia. I'm assuming the mod wanted more experienced players there after the last game. Considering I'm not mafia (I win with the town, btw) I'm going to go ahead and guess that there is at least a quasi-experienced player in the mafia. Mongoose is the most experienced besides me, so vote mongoose for pressure. People can either accept this reasoning or advocate choosing someone at random, which I don't really see as particularly helpful.
President of DDO
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:21:49 PM
At 8/27/2011 3:15:07 PM, Danielle wrote:
Active Players List

1. marcuscato
2. Andro
3. Lickdafoot
4. Blackhawk1331
5. Stephen_Hawkins
6. Medic
7. Quarterexchange
8. Danielle
9. DetectableNinja
10. bluesteel
11. Ore_Ele
12. freedomsquared
13. Tim Spin
14. nerdykiller
15. badger
16. mongoose
17. Logic_on_rails

I've italicized the people I've never played with before. Usually I'd start by pressuring one of them, however I highly doubt that there are a lot of noobs in the mafia. I'm assuming the mod wanted more experienced players there after the last game. Considering I'm not mafia (I win with the town, btw) I'm going to go ahead and guess that there is at least a quasi-experienced player in the mafia. Mongoose is the most experienced besides me, so vote mongoose for pressure. People can either accept this reasoning or advocate choosing someone at random, which I don't really see as particularly helpful.

Hmmm...your reasoning makes sense. However, there IS the first post rule.....BUT, I think I'll VTL mongoose anyway, just in case.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:38:37 PM
danielle is right, most mods would change the roles if when they assigned randomly, and mafia turned out to be all beginners. But that doesn't mean there are no beginners in the mafia.

But mongoose is as good as any I guess. VTL mongoose

And first post rule is BS. I posted first last game and was town. The first person, besides askbob, to claim that first post rule was always right was mafia (freedomsquared).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:40:52 PM
At 8/27/2011 3:38:37 PM, bluesteel wrote:
danielle is right, most mods would change the roles if when they assigned randomly, and mafia turned out to be all beginners. But that doesn't mean there are no beginners in the mafia.

But mongoose is as good as any I guess. VTL mongoose

And first post rule is BS. I posted first last game and was town. The first person, besides askbob, to claim that first post rule was always right was mafia (freedomsquared).

Ah. Well, I'm a beginner to mafia on DDO.

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:45:41 PM
Well it's not completely devoid of logic. Mafia would want to post first to choose who to pressure, so it's not them. But since people know about it now, it's unlikely mafia would do this.

stephen_hawkins - you may as well act pro-town now since there's no way we're going to lynch you
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:50:19 PM

I feel so honored.

I am Nikolai Bulganin.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:52:32 PM
At 8/27/2011 3:08:17 PM, freedomsquared wrote:

Askbob? What exactly did he say? I never saw it.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:53:09 PM
I win with the town.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 3:57:59 PM
I win with the people.

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:02:00 PM
At 8/27/2011 3:50:19 PM, mongoose wrote:

I feel so honored.

I am Nikolai Bulganin.

unvote - VTL logic_on_rails

Same logic as danielle. Plus, it's been a long time since I can remember logic being mafia - I don't remember what his tells are, so it'd be good to get a read now.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:04:58 PM
At 8/27/2011 3:52:32 PM, mongoose wrote:

no, stephen isn't askbob, but he posted a question to innomen in a reminder thread, instead of in his role PM, asking if he needs to be lynched or killed - i guess some of you aren't part of that thread; it's only people who hadn't confirmed their roles as of a certain time
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:05:22 PM
At 8/27/2011 4:02:00 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 8/27/2011 3:50:19 PM, mongoose wrote:

I feel so honored.

I am Nikolai Bulganin.

unvote - VTL logic_on_rails

Same logic as danielle. Plus, it's been a long time since I can remember logic being mafia - I don't remember what his tells are, so it'd be good to get a read now.

Need help?

I unvote too, and, likewise, VTL logic_on_rails

mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:08:19 PM
At 8/27/2011 3:57:59 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I win with the people.

WHY? That was the perfect thing to make sure people were town.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:09:13 PM
At 8/27/2011 4:04:58 PM, bluesteel wrote:

no, stephen isn't askbob, but he posted a question to innomen in a reminder thread, instead of in his role PM, asking if he needs to be lynched or killed - i guess some of you aren't part of that thread; it's only people who hadn't confirmed their roles as of a certain time

That could easily be a trap.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:15:21 PM
At 8/27/2011 4:08:19 PM, mongoose wrote:
I win with the people.

yeah, but at least he's confirmed. It wouldn't have been able to confirm more than one person anyway...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:17:21 PM
At 8/27/2011 4:09:13 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 8/27/2011 4:04:58 PM, bluesteel wrote:

That could easily be a trap.

I suppose, but I've never seen it used that way. I assume a mod would punish a mafioso for doing that, since they're doing it on purpose.

Isn't he a n00b anyway? I doubt he's that devious.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:20:11 PM
At 8/27/2011 4:15:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I win with the people.

yeah, but at least he's confirmed. It wouldn't have been able to confirm more than one person anyway...

anyways, shhh. Don't say any more on this subject.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 4:55:04 PM
Well, this is entertaining. The plan this game is to go with the most experienced players. Note that those pressuring aren't claiming and are our most experienced players? Anyhow, I disgress. I didn't know that Mongeese was more experienced than Bluesteel (Danielle said so) either.

No problem though. I'm only offering my character currently (as expected) . I win with the town. I am a communist leader. I am considered a hard line communist with some loving qualities (my PM, reworded) .

I'm Wladyslaw Gomulka.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 5:33:07 PM
At 8/27/2011 4:15:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:
I win with the people.

Hmm? Oh, I see. I thought that "the people," would be a more soviet version of town. If you'd like me to amend my statement:

I win with the town.

Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 5:46:34 PM
Vote no lynch
Two claims, and from experienced players no less, is enough for one DP. Also I win with the town.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 5:53:30 PM
Actually I'm not so sure about Logic's claim. This is Soviet mafia but Logic's character was a prominent Polish politician. Is that suspicious or can we expect characters from any of Russia's then satellite nations? Unvote for now.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 6:03:37 PM
Vote no lynch
I have been informed that townies need not be Russian.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 6:06:57 PM
At 8/27/2011 5:53:30 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Actually I'm not so sure about Logic's claim. This is Soviet mafia but Logic's character was a prominent Polish politician. Is that suspicious or can we expect characters from any of Russia's then satellite nations? Unvote for now.

I was wondering how long it would take for this to be noticed. Put simply, me not being Russian is related to my role. Also, why unvote on the vtnl? Finally, it's likely there are satellite nation players, so the fact that I haven't been counterclaimed adds a certain bit of credence to my claim.

VTNL
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 6:12:19 PM
I agree with everyone else here. Unvote (if I had a vote out) and VTNL