Jump to topic:

Soviet Mafia DP2

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 10:19:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Comrades in the great struggle for the proletariate there have been counter-revolutionaries at work, who seek to undermine those of us who work tirelessly toward a victory of the people. These elements who help the capitalists and imperialists have been purged from our party and our community.

Purged:

Blackhawk: You are Nikolai Yezdov - aka the Bloody Dwarf, you enjoy killing, and you are part of the NKVD. You are unusually cruel in you work, you have an eye for cruelty and know who should join you in your efforts. You may try to recruit one additional mafia member at any time during the game, choose someone and the moderator will send out the message, "Greetings comrade, your party leaders send you a friendly greeting and asks if you would care to join them." - mafia recruiter.

Mongoose: You are Nicolai Bulganin - you did what you had to do for the good of the party, but were a good administrator and were ambitious but mostly within the framework of bureaucracy. You rose as a result of others dying in Stalin's purges and you survive because you are competent and present yourself well. You aren't good guy, but you're not as bad as mafia. You have the power to lock up someone if you want, but it can also protect them as well. You may choose one person at least two nights (depending on the discretion of the mod) and block them from using their abilities, and also protect them from a kill. You win with the people.
Jailer

7 lynches for a kill. DP ends by lynch or at noon Wednesday. Hard stop, no talking after a lynch, or that time. Gulag to those who violate this time.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 11:31:13 AM
sweet. good job getting a mafia, vig!

My electricity was cutout so i missed the first dp. i've read over it and can join in some now.

I win with the town.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 11:39:08 AM
I just read over the first DP as well, seemed like it went very efficiently and we managed to get a mafia out of it (congrats on the vig making a solid pick).

I win with the town.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 12:13:09 PM
Active Players List

1. marcuscato
2. Andro
3. Lickdafoot
5. Stephen_Hawkins
6. Medic
7. Quarterexchange
8. Danielle
9. DetectableNinja
10. bluesteel
11. Ore_Ele
12. freedomsquared
13. Tim Spin
14. nerdykiller
15. badger
17. Logic_on_rails

I win with the town. I guess we have nothing to go on just yet? We dunno until everyone posts.
President of DDO
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 12:37:52 PM
We should wait for everyone to check in; hopefully someone found something. If not, we continue random pressure.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 1:22:48 PM
At 8/29/2011 12:37:52 PM, bluesteel wrote:
We should wait for everyone to check in; hopefully someone found something. If not, we continue random pressure.

One would think that someone did. Given the theme of this game, it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that information gathering is going to be big in the town, and information disruption is going to be big in the mafia.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 1:50:25 PM
I win with the town. Things seem to be going well with a mafioso dead already. Hopefully things continue to go well. Guess well wait until an investigator reveals something interesting. If course if the investigator merely confirmed another townie, he shouldn't say anything. Once everyone checks in and if nothing interesting turns up, we can either randomly pressure someone or pressure a suspicious player from last dp. Either way it's time to play the waiting game.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 4:04:14 PM
Hey, forget the vig! That's my amazing handiwork there you fools! I'm the paranoid gun owner. The Mafia tried to recruit me, and I'm deciding to stay put (yes, I have a choice...) .

I win with the town. Also, the points about information gathering and disruption sound pretty accurate.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 4:05:13 PM
Checking in, as the rest of you have. Good job on the scum-kill! Anyway, I win with the town, and have nothing else to add at the moment.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 4:25:47 PM
At 8/29/2011 4:04:14 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Hey, forget the vig! That's my amazing handiwork there you fools! I'm the paranoid gun owner. The Mafia tried to recruit me, and I'm deciding to stay put (yes, I have a choice...) .

I win with the town. Also, the points about information gathering and disruption sound pretty accurate.

So you killed Black?
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:17:23 PM
Hi. As most of you know, I'm the Jester. Please vig-kill me. Thank you.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:22:34 PM
At 8/29/2011 5:17:23 PM, mongoose wrote:

Why would you want to be vig-killed, then?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:25:16 PM

Because maybe he is the Martyr. Or he realized he got a duct hand as a replacement, wants to die, so he can sign up as a replacement again, and get a better hand.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:26:31 PM

How do we know this? I thought freedom mentioned yesterday that this was probably true but I must have missed the obvious indication. Of course if you were mafia this would be a brilliant ploy, but considering we probably have a vig then I'd say we should just try and let them take you out first.

So far marcuscato, quarterexchange, freedomsquared, nerdykiller and badger are the only people who haven't checked in. Note that bluesteel (and mongoose) were the only people to not say that they won with the town. Marcuscato and badger have both been online since the new day phase started; badger more recently.

My suspicion list so far is as follows: bluesteel, Ore_Ele, badger, marcuscato. Of course this is not based on much but I have a few reasons. I'll wait a lil for a few of the missing people to post before stating them and beginning pressure, as that's assuming no investigative roles reveal anything.

Given this game has 17 total players instead of 4, I'm betting there are 5 mafia.

Also mongoose may have a martyr type role or role where he needs to be killed at night in order to win. Even if he was given the role as jester by the mod, why not just play and try to help find mafia since the town likely wouldn't lynch you anyway? I see no reason to ask to be killed so I kind of don't trust it.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:27:38 PM
At 8/29/2011 5:26:31 PM, Danielle wrote:
Given this game has 17 total players instead of 14, I'm betting there are 5 mafia.

(with one down already)
President of DDO
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:44:13 PM
I win by getting lynched.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:47:44 PM
At 8/29/2011 5:26:31 PM, Danielle wrote:

How do we know this? I thought freedom mentioned yesterday that this was probably true but I must have missed the obvious indication. Of course if you were mafia this would be a brilliant ploy, but considering we probably have a vig then I'd say we should just try and let them take you out first.

He posted in the PM the other day something like "So do I have to get killed during the night or lynched to win?"

So far marcuscato, quarterexchange, freedomsquared, nerdykiller and badger are the only people who haven't checked in. Note that bluesteel (and mongoose) were the only people to not say that they won with the town. Marcuscato and badger have both been online since the new day phase started; badger more recently.

I win with the town.

My suspicion list so far is as follows: bluesteel, Ore_Ele, badger, marcuscato. Of course this is not based on much but I have a few reasons. I'll wait a lil for a few of the missing people to post before stating them and beginning pressure, as that's assuming no investigative roles reveal anything.

Given this game has 17 total players instead of 4, I'm betting there are 5 mafia.

Also mongoose may have a martyr type role or role where he needs to be killed at night in order to win. Even if he was given the role as jester by the mod, why not just play and try to help find mafia since the town likely wouldn't lynch you anyway? I see no reason to ask to be killed so I kind of don't trust it.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:48:27 PM
Here it is (and I assume I can quote this, as it is a public PM):
" Alright, got the message. Do I need to get killed, or voted to death?"
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:50:15 PM
I've asked the mod to kill me if he ever wants a replacement, I've pretty much given up hope.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:50:18 PM
At 8/29/2011 5:34:05 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I am Grigory Zinoviev, I am a Trotskyite and a revolutionary and I win with the People

Suspicion to quarterexchange for cc without any pressure.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:00:04 PM
That leaves nerdykiller who has not been online and thus not checked in. We can assume that if badger or marcus had learned anything from an investigation that they would have checked in. I do think it's weird that badger is being quiet, but when I've modded before with him as mafia he talked a lot... so who knows.

After reading DP1 I can see why people think mongoose is the jester. It appears his win condition may also come from being killed at night via the mafia (like the martyr role - which would make sense in a Soviet based game) since he inquired about it, which is why I say we just leave him be for now. We're not going to lynch him and the mafia probably won't care enough about him to kill him. The vig is free to take him out.

Considering the odds are low that nerdykiller is the cop, I say some "random" pressure is in order for now though obviously I don't like random pressure; I'd prefer some reasoning. Right now I suspect bluesteel and Ore_Ele. On page 1 they were talking about how someone likely learned something from an investigation, seemingly in the hopes that the cop found a guilty. I know that there is a framer in this game and that the framer targeted me last night (I dunno who the cop investigated, but apparently not me).

Their eagerness at a cop revelation makes it seem like they were hoping the cop would have come forward. Also, bluesteel was the only person who didn't post that he won with the town. There's also the fact that I'd consider him amongst the most experienced; a game with this many noobs is bound to have at least 1 experienced mafioso. It wasn't mongoose and it's seemingly not Logic, so bluesteel (and Ore_Ele) make sense.

I also think that bluesteel would have been one to suggest recruiting Logic. Right now I'm trying to decide which one of them is best to pressure. I had suggested the cop investigating blue last night, and apparently the cop didn't investigate me so maybe they tried him. That would mean he is either town/Godfather so I'm gonna go ahead and vote to lynch OreEle for pressure. I don't think character claims are going to be too helpful so character plus role is probably best. Blue still isn't off the hook.

Askbob said Andro was a good player but she's been very quiet (not that there's been much to go on yet). I'm also pretty suspicious of Tim for a few of his posts in both day phases, and especially the most recent ones saying quarter seems suspicious even though I see no reason why a mafioso would randomly claim. I just think it was a dumb (n00b) townie move.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:01:37 PM
At 8/29/2011 1:22:48 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/29/2011 12:37:52 PM, bluesteel wrote:

One would think that someone did. Given the theme of this game, it wouldn't be a stretch to believe that information gathering is going to be big in the town, and information disruption is going to be big in the mafia.

It seems he knows there's framer. Most small games actually don't have them - at least none I've played in recently.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:03:21 PM
Also Ore_Ele is online and very active in the forums at the moment which is convenient -- so there should be no reason why it would take him a long time to address this.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:03:59 PM
He should also assume that other people will vote for him (so the "I won't reveal until I have more votes" thing would be bogus) because without a cop revelation we'd have "nothing" else to go on.
President of DDO
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:18:53 PM
Although I do have the FoS on quarterexchange, I think a random pressure is the best we can do for now. VTL Ore_Ele.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus