Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 1.2 DP3

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 5:59:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The sun rises on this Monday morning. The towns people awake from their sleep, only to find that someone is no longer with them, DetectableNinja cannot be detected anywhere. They search for throughout the town, but his body is not on the streets anywhere like poor Medic from the night before.

One brave soul enters Ninja's house, where they find his remains, still tied to a chair. His jaw bashed loose and several fingers removed. It looks like he suffered greatly before several stab wounds into his upper back (rupturing his lungs) put him out of his misery.

It appears that someone was enjoying their torture of him, much different than the sudden, instant death that Medic faced. A quick search of his house reveals that he was nothing more than a mere townie, forced to endure a horible death at someone's blood stained hands.

Dead List

Medic - Jester (lost)
MIG - Vanilla Townie
Ninja - Vanilla Townie

Still Alive

MCDCBC
Lickdafoot
Greyparrot
Blackhawk
Wiploc
Marcuscato
Randolph7
Andromeda_Z
Logic_on_rails
Mestari
Freedomsquared

6 votes needed for a lynch. DP ends Wednesday 4 pm PST (48 hours).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 6:11:16 PM
I win with the town. I admit I am shocked that we had not one, but two vanilla townies confirmed already.

What do ya'll think about the difference in killings? It's possible that this is a sort of hint that the mafia did not kill that townie. It could be a vigilante or serial killer responsible for it.

Greyparrot, you made a claim of 5 people that were innocent yesterday. I can't imagine how you would no that, but extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. VTL greyparrot for pressure so we can maybe know who to trust.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

http://www.debate.org...
-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 7:03:35 PM
I win with the town. I was originally interested in lynching Grey until convinced otherwise. Now I am even more suspicious than before. VTL Grey.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 7:34:55 PM
At 8/29/2011 6:11:16 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
I win with the town. I admit I am shocked that we had not one, but two vanilla townies confirmed already.

Why is that surprising? I've only played one game, but I read some others. I've always assumed the power roles were in a minority.

What do ya'll think about the difference in killings? It's possible that this is a sort of hint that the mafia did not kill that townie. It could be a vigilante or serial killer responsible for it.

I like this theory. But, doesn't that mean that the mafia failed in their nightkill? Maybe we have a roleblocker who stopped the mafia kill, and a vig who succeeded?

Greyparrot, you made a claim of 5 people that were innocent yesterday. I can't imagine how you would no that, but extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. VTL greyparrot for pressure so we can maybe know who to trust.

His last message yesterday was about, "you townies," as if he isn't one of us. That amounts to a confession in my mind. And he keeps hinting that he'd like us to lynch him. I don't know what that means, but it doesn't seem at all town-like.

I have to temper my confidence because I was wrong about MIG. And Greyparrot was right about him.

Nonetheless, I am ready for full disclosure from Greyparrot:

VTL Greyparrot.

Polly wanna talk?
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 7:38:47 PM
At 8/29/2011 7:34:55 PM, wiploc wrote:
At 8/29/2011 6:11:16 PM, freedomsquared wrote:

Why is that surprising? I've only played one game, but I read some others. I've always assumed the power roles were in a minority.

I didn't necessarily expect powerful roles, just some type of role. The whole purpose of this game is to teach new people roles, and I find it shocking that 2 didn't even get one.

I like this theory. But, doesn't that mean that the mafia failed in their nightkill? Maybe we have a roleblocker who stopped the mafia kill, and a vig who succeeded?

Or doctor protected the right person.

His last message yesterday was about, "you townies," as if he isn't one of us. That amounts to a confession in my mind. And he keeps hinting that he'd like us to lynch him. I don't know what that means, but it doesn't seem at all town-like.

I have to temper my confidence because I was wrong about MIG. And Greyparrot was right about him.

Agreed, but an explanation is required now of greyparrot's assertions.

Nonetheless, I am ready for full disclosure from Greyparrot:

VTL Greyparrot.

Polly wanna talk?
-innomen

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 8:15:44 PM
You guys still don't trust me after I verified 2 vanilla townies? With 3 others still left on the list including myself, you have 4 people highly unsuspicious, how many more on my list are going to die before you believe me?

Nevermind, if you really want my role I will give it, but only after you unmess up that horrible MIG lynch by telling me what you though about medic's death... and hurry, it's obvious mafia hasn't caught on, or they would have already killed me. Process of elimination... and we can for sure kill a mafia today. Otherwise you can just go ahead and retardo lynch me as if I was not part of the town.

If you were going to lynch me anyway why not lynch me yesterday instead of MIG?

I was clearly willing to take his place to help the town out.

The Mafia, I think is clearly as contused as you are, or I would be dead now, let's use this to town's advantage!
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 8:17:26 PM
And just so you know, I think it is incredibly likely mafia will put HIGH pressure to lynch me now, or at least get my role.

Freedom squared... that's you mister.
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 8:20:37 PM
At 8/29/2011 8:17:26 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
And just so you know, I think it is incredibly likely mafia will put HIGH pressure to lynch me now, or at least get my role.

If you really have 5 confirmed innocents (4 now, I believe) we need to know that information. That would be huge!
-innomen

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 8:22:30 PM
At 8/29/2011 8:20:37 PM, freedomsquared wrote:
At 8/29/2011 8:17:26 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

If you really have 5 confirmed innocents (4 now, I believe) we need to know that information. That would be huge!

go read my last posts in the other thread and get caught up then.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 8:52:57 PM
At 8/29/2011 8:15:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
You guys still don't trust me after I verified 2 vanilla townies? With 3 others still left on the list including myself, you have 4 people highly unsuspicious, how many more on my list are going to die before you believe me?

Nevermind, if you really want my role I will give it, but only after you unmess up that horrible MIG lynch by telling me what you though about medic's death... and hurry, it's obvious mafia hasn't caught on, or they would have already killed me. Process of elimination... and we can for sure kill a mafia today. Otherwise you can just go ahead and retardo lynch me as if I was not part of the town.

If you were going to lynch me anyway why not lynch me yesterday instead of MIG?

I was clearly willing to take his place to help the town out.

The Mafia, I think is clearly as contused as you are, or I would be dead now, let's use this to town's advantage!

What do you want us saying about Medic's death? He seemed to have been relatively random lynched seeing as how he wasn't on to any mafia as far as we can tell. He was accusing MIG and MIG turned out to be vanilla townie. It would be an illogical move for the mafia to kill a jester seeing as how a jester is relatively no threat to them. Also, it would have been more in the favor of the mafia to leave medic. When MIG got lynched and medic was wrong about him being guilty, the logical thought for us is that medic is a stupid mafia or jester. We would have pushed for a role claim. If he gave one that didn't fit his actions, we would have lynched him and all mafia would've survived another day thus increasing their chances of a win. If he had claimed cop or some investigative role saying that there must be a framer, someone who actually has the role would have come out against him. One of them, the real one, would have been able to say who they investigated. Medic wouldn't have been able to. We would've grown suspicious and lynched him. This would increase the odds of a mafia win. You're probably still alive because the town is suspicious of you. As long as we are suspicious of you, there's less chance of us forcing a role claim from a member of the mafia. If we keep going at the rate we are, the mafia will be able to kill us off to the point were we can no longer lynch them. You never have to die because as long as we are suspicious of you, you are a benefit to the mafia. For this reason, I'm not going to vote to lynch you. You're just too pushy. I can't see a decent reason to lynch you.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 8:57:56 PM
Read my above post, this is adding on to that. VTL freedomsquared

Greyparrot has already been correct about two townies, granted mafia could do the same thing. Freedomsquared seems to be suspicious in the fact that he doesn't even seem to have realized that greyparrot posted a list of highly likely townies at least 5 times (I don't think it's less than that). The only reason I can imagine for those lists being ignored is if freedomsquared already knew who the townies were, so it didn't matter who greyparrot confirmed. The information would be useless to freedomsquared if he's a mafia member. I suggest we get a role claim from freedomsquared.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 8:59:05 PM
At 8/29/2011 8:57:56 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Read my above post, this is adding on to that. VTL freedomsquared

Greyparrot has already been correct about two townies, granted mafia could do the same thing. Freedomsquared seems to be suspicious in the fact that he doesn't even seem to have realized that greyparrot posted a list of highly likely townies at least 5 times (I don't think it's less than that). The only reason I can imagine for those lists being ignored is if freedomsquared already knew who the townies were, so it didn't matter who greyparrot confirmed. The information would be useless to freedomsquared if he's a mafia member. I suggest we get a role claim from freedomsquared.

fixed vtl

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:31:52 PM
Grey's updated list:

1)wiplock
2)andromeda
3)blackhawk
4)Logic-on-Rails

since blackhawk has boldly come out with that paragraph on medic's death, and replaced MIG... I think I can come out with my role... if you townys still want it, I will gladly reveal now.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 10:34:48 PM
At 8/29/2011 10:32:59 PM, wiploc wrote:
I want it.

Okay I'll keep up my end of the deal, if no-one seriously objects, I will claim role tomorrow morning before I go to my morning class.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 9:26:57 AM
At 8/29/2011 9:31:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Grey's updated list:

1)wiplock
2)andromeda
3)blackhawk
4)Logic-on-Rails

since blackhawk has boldly come out with that paragraph on medic's death, and replaced MIG... I think I can come out with my role... if you townys still want it, I will gladly reveal now.

its way past now!
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 10:47:41 AM
Current Vote Count

Greyparrot - 3/6 [Freedom, Mestari, wiploc]
Freedom - 2/6 [Grey, Blackhawk]
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 10:59:45 AM
At 8/30/2011 9:26:57 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 8/29/2011 9:31:52 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Grey's updated list:

1)wiplock
2)andromeda
3)blackhawk
4)Logic-on-Rails

its way past now!

Sorry!

Okay first off, here is the one fact I knew on day 2 that NONE of the townies knew and ALL of the mafia knew.

Fact: Mafia did not kill Medic.
Fact: My role owns a shotgun
Fact: I killed Medic for posing as a mafia.

I was looking for certain phrases all day 2 to try to catch mafia, then realized mafia was going to be very very quiet about this. I then changed tactics and started evaluating what the townies were saying about Medic's death. If you go back and sift through all the comments on Medic's death, you can then see why I was able to draw a list of highly probable towny.

Now that this is all revealed of course, there will be no more additions to that list from me on this matter, but now you have Five highly unsuspicious people, I believe mafia is in really bad shape now, especially if Freedom dies today; and for some weird reason, Mafia allows me to kill tonight (I can only kill on odd numbered days according to Moderator rules).

Enjoy the lynchings!
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 11:09:47 AM
As of now we have three people really gung ho to lynch me.

Wiploc gets a pass for being on my list.

Lickdafoot jumped at the chance to reveal me too... these could possibly be our mafia then (tentatively)

1)Freedom
2)Lick
3)Maestari (not so sure on this one)
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:06:59 PM
At 8/30/2011 12:58:38 PM, headphonegut wrote:
rawr

Ummm alrighty then.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 1:43:26 PM
At 8/30/2011 11:09:47 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

Lickdafoot jumped at the chance to reveal me too... these could possibly be our mafia then (tentatively)

1)Freedom
2)Lick

hmm. i wasn't trying to lynch you. i'm only trying to understand your claims better so i can make out if you are town or not. the fact of the matter is we need to pressure someone. we need to get a mafia this dp. i still don't get what you are going on about. how can you know who is town or not?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:39:22 PM
At 8/30/2011 1:43:26 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

1)Freedom
2)Lick

hmm. i wasn't trying to lynch you. i'm only trying to understand your claims better so i can make out if you are town or not. the fact of the matter is we need to pressure someone. we need to get a mafia this dp. i still don't get what you are going on about. how can you know who is town or not?

Coupled with alot of things, either you are mafia or a VERY bad towny.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:45:08 PM
At 8/30/2011 2:39:22 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/30/2011 1:43:26 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

1)Freedom
2)Lick

Coupled with alot of things, either you are mafia or a VERY bad towny.

of course you dodge my question by turning the blame on me. did you forget that you are the one making all these outrageous claims with nothing to back them up? How can you know all these people are town or not? not even a jack of all trades could investigate that many people (which you obviously would have to be if you are claiming vig powers AND claiming to know with certainty who is town.) you are pulling things out of your @ss and using the mystery of your unknown role to confuse people.

either you are mafia or you are a very bad martyr.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 2:59:59 PM
At 8/30/2011 2:54:26 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
oh, i forgot, VTL Greyparrot

greyparrot is distracting us from the matter at hand. we need to find the mafia. i highy suspect greyparrot is martyr so i actually would rather lynch a potential mafia than him.... but we need look at things more soundly and greyparrot is causing mass confusion. =\ unless someone else has good evidence for who could be mafia, i will stick with this vote.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 3:17:51 PM
I guarantee if mafia lets me live tonight, Lick is going to take a vigilante kill. How does that work mod if I shoot and mafia kills me , 2 deaths?
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 3:21:52 PM
I have to say mafia is really in a tight jam now, even if mafia lynches me today, it will only confirm everything I have said, including my role as vigilante, including my list of potential mafia.