Jump to topic:

Soviet Mafia DP3

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 3:57:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Comrades, we continue the great struggle against the forces who look to destroy our progress. We find enemies within our party who look to ally themselves with the imperialist capitalists, and we WILL find them, and we will purge them from our collective.

Purged:

Blackhawk: You are Nikolai Yezdov - aka the Bloody Dwarf, you enjoy killing, and you are part of the NKVD. You are unusually cruel in you work, you have an eye for cruelty and know who should join you in your efforts. You may try to recruit one additional mafia member at any time during the game, choose someone and the moderator will send out the message, "Greetings comrade, your party leaders send you a friendly greeting and asks if you would care to join them." - mafia recruiter.

Mongoose I: You are Nicolai Bulganin - you did what you had to do for the good of the party, but were a good administrator and were ambitious but mostly within the framework of bureaucracy. You rose as a result of others dying in Stalin's purges and you survive because you are competent and present yourself well. You aren't good guy, but you're not as bad as mafia. You have the power to lock up someone if you want, but it can also protect them as well. You may choose one person at least two nights (depending on the discretion of the mod) and block them from using their abilities, and also protect them from a kill. You win with the people. -
Jailer

Ore_Ele - You are Vyacheslav Molotov - You have held many posts, mostly in the area of diplomacy. You are devoted to Stalinism, although he isn't always so devoted to you. You serve the party and have no problem in ordering deaths, or dealing with the worst elements of both international, and domestic society. Each night you may change the results of an investigation or block an investigation. You with with the Kremlin cadre. Mafia Role Blocker/Framer

Medic: You are Georgy Malenkov - you graduated high school during the revolution. You survived Stalin and became the premier under Khruschev. You are duplicitous and are a decent administrator. You've had close associations with Beria, which will always make you suspicious. We aren't sure about you, are you a good guy or a bad guy? You get to choose after the second DP if you would like to be mafia or town, as mafia you are goon, as town you are vanilla. You win with the side you choose. - Traitor

Danielle - You are Andre Gromyko - You are a loyal party man, and a diplomat. You are well educated and strongly believe in the value of science. You're well loved and you're a good guy. Each night phase you may choose, if you like, to recruit another townie as a Mason, but if you choose a mafia member you will not know. You win with the People. - MASON.

MOD KILL
This role was messed up from the beginning due to the posting accident. It makes no difference to either side at this point, and I've decided to kill the jester:

Stephen_Hawkins/Mongoose II - You are Dimitri Shostakovich - you are the most esteemed composer to the world, but play in fear of your master's dislike of your music. Many of your friends and family have been killed because of their affiliation to you. You're a good guy, but you have a critic that kills. You survive because you have talent, and as such you use your talents to get yourself lynched. YOu win when you are lynched - Jester.
------------------------------------------------------

Mongoose III has replaced Nerdykiller.

Live Players:
Tim Spin
Badger
Andromeda
Freedom Squared
MongooseIII
BlueSteel
Marcuscato
Logic_on_Rails
Lickdafoot
Detectable Ninja
Quarter Exchange

6 votes for a lynch.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 6:40:47 AM
eventful. well played by Danielle striking gold :)

so you killed medic, Tim?
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 7:45:18 AM
I'd say we pressure bluesteel anyway short of anyone coming up with anything....for numerous reasons.

vtl bluesteel (can't bold)

and I'm thinking now my speculating about Tim was way off base...but hey I never said anything about being certain, even went so far as to stress that I was highly uncertain.. that I talk too much and was just thinking of what was POSSIBLY going on.. I was thinking he might've possibly been a dispensible mafioso being put on the line to delay another more powerful mafioso's death... but having seen oreele's role, wouldn't consider there to have been warrant for such action..

which is fair enough I think.. Danielle was also evidently considering it with her comments about Tim's timing..

bluesteel thought I should die for it, or his version of it, in his bullsh1t sneaky hammering post..

if he's town he sucks :P ...but he's obviously not.

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 9:59:58 AM
At 8/31/2011 7:45:18 AM, el-badgero wrote:
I'd say we pressure bluesteel anyway short of anyone coming up with anything....for numerous reasons.

hmm, yeah. bluesteel did hammer ore_eles vote, but it could be a sneaky mafia move to get the pressure off of himself. vtl bluesteel
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 10:01:08 AM
I also did not at all suggest, as blue claimed in that bullsh1t hammer post, that the Tim should've targetted the pgo...

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 10:38:56 AM
sweet, I survived until DP3.

I'm the Forensic Investigator (one shot, can investigate a dead person to see who killed them) - I investigated who killed mongoose1. It was andromeda.

VTL andromeda
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 10:41:19 AM
At 8/31/2011 9:59:58 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

hmm, yeah. bluesteel did hammer ore_eles vote, but it could be a sneaky mafia move to get the pressure off of himself. vtl bluesteel

It should be obvious now why I was eager to move the game to DP3, since my role had a high probability of catching another mafioso.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 10:50:12 AM
At 8/31/2011 10:01:08 AM, el-badgero wrote:
I also did not at all suggest, as blue claimed in that bullsh1t hammer post, that the Tim should've targetted the pgo...

Sorry, I got lost in all the rambling you posted yesterday.

You didn't say that, but the rest is definitely true. You lay REALLY low DP1, a standard mafia tactic. You told vig to kill a confirmed jester, which is a typical mafia delay tactic, since if vig targets jester, vig isn't targeting mafia; yet town has no need to kill a confirmed jester. AND you suggested logic was telling the truth since there was no PGO cc, even though you know how uncommon a role PGO is, esp in small games.

I stand by my assessment thus far that you are acting scummy.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 10:58:41 AM
At 8/31/2011 10:41:19 AM, bluesteel wrote:

It should be obvious now why I was eager to move the game to DP3, since my role had a high probability of catching another mafioso.

what sense does that make at all...

interesting move.. ye've surely a disguiser among ye though or our role watcher wouldn't have really had much use for us :P ...plus what oreele had for us trying to come off a helpful townie

forensic investigator, like the bodyguard, is a common enough fake claim.

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:04:46 AM
vig to kill the jester is a Mafia tactic...? lol

it'd have been better than him firing pretty much blindly, as he did...

he was just lucky... and even then he might've still just screwed us out of another townie...

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:06:11 AM
At 8/31/2011 10:58:41 AM, el-badgero wrote:
At 8/31/2011 10:41:19 AM, bluesteel wrote:

what sense does that make at all...

interesting move.. ye've surely a disguiser among ye though or our role watcher wouldn't have really had much use for us :P ...plus what oreele had for us trying to come off a helpful townie

forensic investigator, like the bodyguard, is a common enough fake claim.

I've NEVER seen it used as a fake claim. Mafia never wins by bussing two of their teammates, back-to-back. I have no possible reason to lie - a mislynch at this point wouldn't lead to a town loss.

Fine, don't VTL andromeda. When she shows up mafia, everyone take note that badger stonewalled.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:07:27 AM
and I didn't lay low dp1... I just arrived late and finished the job..

and you know full well that's not a tactic of mine :P

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:11:00 AM
absolute silliness... I was the only one really pushing for oreele besides Danielle.. justify that as a Mafia tactic... or anything but sheer retardation even...

or call me a retard :P

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:13:49 AM
and it is often used. I've used it I'm sure.. all those obscure, off the beaten track roles are commonly fake claimed..

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:17:09 AM
At 8/31/2011 11:11:00 AM, el-badgero wrote:
absolute silliness... I was the only one really pushing for oreele besides Danielle.. justify that as a Mafia tactic... or anything but sheer retardation even...

this was in reply to your "suspect badger when Andromeda comes up Mafia as I've disguised her to come up" post...

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:22:02 AM
At 8/31/2011 11:11:00 AM, el-badgero wrote:

you didn't push anything; you just agreed with danielle. That's exactly what I would expect you to do if you were mafia.

You're still not responding to the fact that andro killed mongoose. That fact won't go away, even if you want it to.

Is andro an important mafia role badger, is that why you won't VTL her? I know it sucks losing powerful teammates. Were you sad when you had to bus OreEle?
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:26:42 AM
Whatever, this isn't really important right now - my suspicions of badger can wait.

We've caught a mafioso so let's VTL her people.
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:26:44 AM
and you'd have reason to lie if ye have some sort of a disguiser.

also, forensic investigators make the game really easy in always coming up trumps... hence their rare use..

and that coupled with the fact that the Mafia weren't guaranteed big numbers (what with the two dead maybes) makes it very unlikely there is one in this game...

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:29:06 AM
At 8/31/2011 11:26:44 AM, el-badgero wrote:

also, forensic investigators make the game really easy in always coming up trumps... hence their rare use..

and that coupled with the fact that the Mafia weren't guaranteed big numbers (what with the two dead maybes) makes it very unlikely there is one in this game...

I'd much more suspect there being a disguiser in the game given what oreele said :P

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:34:31 AM

I don't know what that is - not a real role.

Mafia had a recruiter and another role that could become mafia (medic, I believe), so forensic investigator definitely makes sense, since they can add two mafiosos to their ranks. Why would inno make it so they can add to their ranks unless he was worried they'd die quickly.

Plus, forensic investigators make sense in games with a vig and other killing roles since it's hard when two townies die to tell which person killed which, especially when the vig doesn't claim for awhile. I got lucky DP1 that a mafioso died, so it was clear the mafia killed mongoose.

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 11:59:41 AM
At 8/31/2011 11:34:31 AM, bluesteel wrote:

I don't know what that is - not a real role.

that role that disguises how a player comes up dead in affiliation and role/character and what not...

Mafia had a recruiter and another role that could become mafia (medic, I believe), so forensic investigator definitely makes sense, since they can add two mafiosos to their ranks. Why would inno make it so they can add to their ranks unless he was worried they'd die quickly.

so you're suggesting Mafia started with big numbers with the possibility of huge numbers within the first two day phases... we were lucky to catch oreele so beautifully... and you :p ..

Plus, forensic investigators make sense in games with a vig and other killing roles since it's hard when two townies die to tell which person killed which, especially when the vig doesn't claim for awhile. I got lucky DP1 that a mafioso died, so it was clear the mafia killed mongoose.

yeah yeah... lies.. it makes no sense short huge initial Mafia numbers.. and even then it's a sucky role that takes the fun out of the game...

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 12:05:20 PM
and given inno's introduction there are/were more to bolster Mafia numbers...

I'd say Mafia started with small numbers making it unlikely there would be such an unfair (and sucky) role as forensic investigator in the game...

short that there were townies destined to join the Mafia, but that doesn't fit with what we've seen so far... and would just be rather pointless anyway..

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 12:10:25 PM
At 8/31/2011 12:05:20 PM, el-badgero wrote:

I'd say Mafia started with small numbers making it unlikely there would be such an unfair (and sucky) role as forensic investigator in the game...

short that there were townies destined to join the Mafia, but that doesn't fit with what we've seen so far... and would just be rather pointless anyway..

the only reasonable point there could be for such would be to make it harder for the Mafia in them thinking the were always gonna be townies and trying to find ye out...

but then small initial Mafia numbers :P ...that'd surely have been overpowering the town.

are you suggesting a huge Mafia or what?

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 12:14:08 PM
At 8/31/2011 12:10:25 PM, el-badgero wrote:
At 8/31/2011 12:05:20 PM, el-badgero wrote:

the only reasonable point there could be for such would be to make it harder for the Mafia in them thinking the were always gonna be townies and trying to find ye out...

but then small initial Mafia numbers :P ...that'd surely have been overpowering the town.

or it'd have given the town a considerable chance of being overpowered at least...

are you suggesting a huge Mafia or what?

el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 12:21:39 PM
you're lucky I'm on my phone :P

do what ye want people...

Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 3:12:41 PM
Vtl Andro for claim. And yes I killed medic. While if bluesteel is correct, Andro is probably mafia given that im vig, I wonder what reason they could
Possibly have for killing the jester?
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 3:18:30 PM
VTL A_Z for killing me.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 3:24:27 PM
At 8/31/2011 3:12:41 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Vtl Andro for claim. And yes I killed medic. While if bluesteel is correct, Andro is probably mafia given that im vig, I wonder what reason they could

innomen killed the jester off because i guess the original player posted a message inquiring about his role in the public pm.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/31/2011 3:26:29 PM
At 8/31/2011 3:24:27 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 8/31/2011 3:12:41 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:

innomen killed the jester off because i guess the original player posted a message inquiring about his role in the public pm.

so last dp mafia prob killed danielle.