Jump to topic:

Mafia challenge - Old vs. New!

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 2:14:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Can't understand the title probably. Let me put things a bit clearer. I'm proposing that the 'new' or relatively new players go up against the 'old' players in a Mafia game.

Now, obviously, we wouldn't know this or it'd spoil the game. I merely want to throw the idea around and hopefully some mod will do so. As an example of the set up of this sort of game, I'd almost mandate Askbob, Danielle and Bluesteel being on the same team. Something like them and maybe 1 or 2 other players as Mafia vs. the rest of the town might do. On these 1 or 2 players I'd let the mod decide. Obviously, we can't have a completely clueless town.

My point is that I'd really like to take on players that are seen as geniuses at Mafia and maybe win. I don't think the new players would win, but I hope it'd still be a fun match.

Now, you're probably saying something like "Logic, you're mad. Beginners don't stand a chance against the best players. Didn't you see the recent Star Wars game?" Now, let me explain.

Firstly, when I say new, I'm talking in relative terms. The leaders of a 'new' team might be myself and Andromeda say, backed up by reasonably good beginners like Freedom. I'm not talking about amateurs here. Old vs. new is not so much an experience or skill differentiator as it is a time differentiator (which is to say how long the players have been playing Mafia) . I'd like to think there's a few good 'new' players who could give experienced players a run for their money.

You're still probably wondering about the Star Wars game, wasn't that this idea and the Mafia got creamed? Well, no. The Mafia was comprised of (no offence intended here) nearly all the newest or least active players. They didn't have any of the 'leaders' I mentioned.

So, I propose that either there's a Mafia comprised of the 'new' leaders or good players chosen by the mod vs. a town led by the 'old' players. Or, reverse this. Finally, this idea is obviously not meant to be explicitly said before the game, I'm merely throwing it out there.

Comments and thoughts? I'd really appreciate the feedback about the game's feasibility, particularly Askbob's (he's ran the beginner games after all) .
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 4:17:54 AM
I'd be up there among the geniuses to you reckon? lol
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 5:35:29 AM
Here's one thing that could be a problem. I'm relatively new to mafia on DDO, but I've played the game hundreds of times on other things, or with friends.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
el-badgero
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2011 7:12:30 AM
would you ever consider a quiet life of Mafia over being constantly banned? you've very often stated it's the main rameason you're here...
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 11:20:11 PM
Since I want this proposal to be considered, this is effectively a bump. Askbob did post but it was removed (unsure why...) .

I do think this proposal has merit, and if it does not, then shoot it down, but don't ignore it.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 11:38:19 PM
At 9/2/2011 11:20:11 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Since I want this proposal to be considered, this is effectively a bump. Askbob did post but it was removed (unsure why...) .

I do think this proposal has merit, and if it does not, then shoot it down, but don't ignore it.

Only problem is most of the regular players have probably read this. Now that the idea is out there, everyone is going to be on the lookout for it. Once it's suspected, it'll be a relatively short game.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 11:40:35 PM
At 9/2/2011 11:38:19 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Only problem is most of the regular players have probably read this. Now that the idea is out there, everyone is going to be on the lookout for it. Once it's suspected, it'll be a relatively short game.

I've considered this, but think that as long as it's not known before the game there should be enough distractions to avoid this becoming known. Furthermore, the general lack of replies so far indicates that few have read this (I believe) . I still appreciate the feedback though.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 11:42:52 PM
At 9/2/2011 11:38:19 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I don't think it will be, though. It's almost a given that Askbob,Danielle, and Bluesteel won't be on the same team, and Logic and I are so rarely on the same team that we probably won't think we're both town until it's confirmed.