Jump to topic:

Soviet Mafia DP 4

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 11:04:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Comrades, today we bury one of the revolution's greatest leaders.

Purged:

Blackhawk: You are Nikolai Yezdov - aka the Bloody Dwarf, you enjoy killing, and you are part of the NKVD. You are unusually cruel in you work, you have an eye for cruelty and know who should join you in your efforts. You may try to recruit one additional mafia member at any time during the game, choose someone and the moderator will send out the message, "Greetings comrade, your party leaders send you a friendly greeting and asks if you would care to join them." - mafia recruiter.

Mongoose I: You are Nicolai Bulganin - you did what you had to do for the good of the party, but were a good administrator and were ambitious but mostly within the framework of bureaucracy. You rose as a result of others dying in Stalin's purges and you survive because you are competent and present yourself well. You aren't good guy, but you're not as bad as mafia. You have the power to lock up someone if you want, but it can also protect them as well. You may choose one person at least two nights (depending on the discretion of the mod) and block them from using their abilities, and also protect them from a kill. You win with the people. -
Jailer

Ore_Ele - You are Vyacheslav Molotov - You have held many posts, mostly in the area of diplomacy. You are devoted to Stalinism, although he isn't always so devoted to you. You serve the party and have no problem in ordering deaths, or dealing with the worst elements of both international, and domestic society. Each night you may change the results of an investigation or block an investigation. You with with the Kremlin cadre. Mafia Role Blocker/Framer

Medic: You are Georgy Malenkov - you graduated high school during the revolution. You survived Stalin and became the premier under Khruschev. You are duplicitous and are a decent administrator. You've had close associations with Beria, which will always make you suspicious. We aren't sure about you, are you a good guy or a bad guy? You get to choose after the second DP if you would like to be mafia or town, as mafia you are goon, as town you are vanilla. You win with the side you choose. - Traitor

Danielle - You are Andre Gromyko - You are a loyal party man, and a diplomat. You are well educated and strongly believe in the value of science. You're well loved and you're a good guy. Each night phase you may choose, if you like, to recruit another townie as a Mason, but if you choose a mafia member you will not know. You win with the People. - MASON.

MOD KILL
This role was messed up from the beginning due to the posting accident. It makes no difference to either side at this point, and I've decided to kill the jester:

Stephen_Hawkins/Mongoose II - You are Dimitri Shostakovich - you are the most esteemed composer to the world, but play in fear of your master's dislike of your music. Many of your friends and family have been killed because of their affiliation to you. You're a good guy, but you have a critic that kills. You survive because you have talent, and as such you use your talents to get yourself lynched. YOu win when you are lynched - Jester.

Andromeda - You are Joseph Stalin - Paranoid leader of the Bolsheviks, master of all the purges and the architect of the totalitarian regime which is responsible for untold numbers of deaths of Russian and non-Russian alike. You are mafia godfather, the leader of the Kremlin cadre and you show up innocent upon investigation. You are a bad guy, and you win with the Kremlin.

Matt will be taking the place of Badger

Alive:
Tim_Spin
Matt
Freedom Squared
MongooseIII
BlueSteel
Marcuscato
Logic_on_Rails
Lickdafoot
Detectable Ninja
Quarter Exchange

6 Votes to Lynch
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 1:48:01 PM
I tried to kill matt(badger) last night but obviously he didn't die. So was I roleblocked? Was watcher on me? Anyone who picked up on something post it. Anyways, VTL matt for spillover suspicion from Dp3. He furiously defended Andro's(The Godfather's) innocence while FOSing Bluesteel who was the one who originally accused Andro of being mafia. Either obvious mafia is obvious or obvious idiot is obvious. Either way, we don't need him.
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:42:10 PM
Tim_Spin- Vig(Unspecified character)
Matt- ?
Freedom Squared- ?
MongooseIII- ?
BlueSteel- ?
Medic0506- ?
Logic_on_Rails- Paranoid gun owner(Unspecified character)
Lickdafoot- ?
Detectable Ninja- Watcher(Boris Pasternak)
Quarter Exchange- ? (Grigory Zinoviev)
Astonished, the talent agent asks the man what him and his family call their act.The man responds, "The Aristocrats!"
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:47:12 PM
At 9/2/2011 1:48:01 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
I tried to kill matt(badger) last night but obviously he didn't die. So was I roleblocked? Was watcher on me? Anyone who picked up on something post it. Anyways, VTL matt for spillover suspicion from Dp3. He furiously defended Andro's(The Godfather's) innocence while FOSing Bluesteel who was the one who originally accused Andro of being mafia. Either obvious mafia is obvious or obvious idiot is obvious. Either way, we don't need him.

i have kind of a newb question about how it works (which might help answer your question) but asking it will give away my role...

I'm for pressuring him, but since matt took over badgers place, he could possibly be more helpful. still, he has to be pretty convincing for me to change my vote

vtl mattrodstorm

WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 2:55:21 PM
At 9/2/2011 2:47:12 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/2/2011 1:48:01 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:

i have kind of a newb question about how it works (which might help answer your question) but asking it will give away my role...

I'm for pressuring him, but since matt took over badgers place, he could possibly be more helpful. still, he has to be pretty convincing for me to change my vote

vtl mattrodstorm

If it's about your role then it's best to ask innomen in your PM with him. If it's about basic gameplay then it doesn't really matter who you ask.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 3:05:44 PM
At 9/2/2011 2:55:21 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:

If it's about your role then it's best to ask innomen in your PM with him. If it's about basic gameplay then it doesn't really matter who you ask.

thanks, i pmed innomen and will update if his answer clarifies anything.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 3:54:08 PM
At 9/2/2011 2:42:10 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Matt- ?
Freedom Squared- ?
MongooseIII- ?
BlueSteel- ?
Medic0506- ?
Logic_on_Rails- Paranoid gun owner(Wladyslaw Gomulka)
Lickdafoot- ?

I've claimed my character multiple times.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 4:10:16 PM
At 9/2/2011 3:54:08 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/2/2011 2:42:10 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Matt- ?
Freedom Squared- ?
MongooseIII- ?
BlueSteel- ?
Medic0506- ?
Logic_on_Rails- Paranoid gun owner(Wladyslaw Gomulka)
Lickdafoot- ?

I've claimed my character multiple times.

Didn't see it in your original post. I just skimmed for claims.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 4:21:26 PM
VTL Matt

Forgot this earlier. Badger's behaviour was particularly suspect last DP. As the inheritor of Badger's role, I must ask to see if Matt can understand the motives for Badger's actions and such.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 4:22:17 PM
Logic, what do you think of matt(badger)? Guilty or just trolling? He defended Andro to the death, even going as far as telling Bluesteel if he claimed, he would hammer Andro which he didn't. Is this indicative of badger trying to ruin the game or being genuinely scummy?
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 4:25:35 PM
Matt- ?
Freedom Squared- ?
MongooseIII- ?
BlueSteel- Ghost forensic investigator (Karl Radek)- Confirmed
Medic0506- ?
Lickdafoot- ?
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 4:28:19 PM
At 9/2/2011 4:21:26 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
VTL Matt

Forgot this earlier. Badger's behaviour was particularly suspect last DP. As the inheritor of Badger's role, I must ask to see if Matt can understand the motives for Badger's actions and such.

Another mistake...

Tim, I don't normally have a read on Badger due to his unusual playing style. I believe that Danielle and a few other experienced players who've played a lot with Badger have some sort of read, but I can't remember. Something to do with his amount or posting and how relevant it is (ie. his sneaking under the radar DP 1 was odd) . However, given it's Badger I don't know. I trust that there will be due pressure on Matt soon which should resolve things.

I think our best course of action is merely to get more claims and test their validity Tim. The Beria character mentioned in 1 of the deceased roles might be 1 to look for as an example (as Mafia, although I need to research more to know that) .
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 4:42:01 PM
At 9/2/2011 4:28:19 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
VTL Matt

Another mistake...

Tim, I don't normally have a read on Badger due to his unusual playing style. I believe that Danielle and a few other experienced players who've played a lot with Badger have some sort of read, but I can't remember. Something to do with his amount or posting and how relevant it is (ie. his sneaking under the radar DP 1 was odd) . However, given it's Badger I don't know. I trust that there will be due pressure on Matt soon which should resolve things.

I think our best course of action is merely to get more claims and test their validity Tim. The Beria character mentioned in 1 of the deceased roles might be 1 to look for as an example (as Mafia, although I need to research more to know that) .

Sounds good. Hopefully Ninja came up with something. I believe I asked him to watch me last night and so maybe we'll nab whichever mafioso roleblocked me(Of course it's weird since O'reilly's role was also an investigative roleblocker. But that does seem to suggest that they would have another vig roleblocker. Confusing.). With three dead already that would probably leave us with only one more to look for.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:17:59 PM
At 9/2/2011 4:42:01 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
Sounds good. Hopefully Ninja came up with something. I believe I asked him to watch me last night and so maybe we'll nab whichever mafioso roleblocked me(Of course it's weird since O'reilly's role was also an investigative roleblocker. But that does seem to suggest that they would have another vig roleblocker. Confusing.). With three dead already that would probably leave us with only one more to look for.

you weren't roleblocked. matt is either doctor or has some sort of protective role on him.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:19:10 PM
At 9/2/2011 4:42:01 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
At 9/2/2011 4:28:19 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
VTL Matt

Another mistake...

Well, my role doesn't allow me to know WHO did the action, only the action itself. Anyway, after watching you last night, Tim, it appears that you were tracked last night. You may be right about being roleblocked, but all I myself learned was that you were tracked...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:20:41 PM
At 9/2/2011 5:17:59 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
you weren't roleblocked. matt is either doctor or has some sort of protective role on him.

because of this im thinking he's most likely townie (mafia wouldnt have a protective role, right?)

so unvote
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:22:14 PM
At 9/2/2011 5:20:41 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

because of this im thinking he's most likely townie (mafia wouldnt have a protective role, right?)

so unvote

How do you know I wasn't roleblocked? Are you a roleblocker and if so who did you roleblock last night?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:24:58 PM
At 9/2/2011 5:22:14 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:
At 9/2/2011 5:20:41 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

so unvote

How do you know I wasn't roleblocked? Are you a roleblocker and if so who did you roleblock last night?

reread detectables post :P
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:27:45 PM
Just to clear things up I am a lie detetector. Meaning that every NP I can select a statement and run it by Innomen to verify. However I can somethimes get "Soviet truth"

Meaning that once I tried to check Logic-on-Rail's statement, "I win with the town", and then got back the response that "in the Soviet Union, there is no town, there is only the people."

On DP 1 I checked Mongoose but he had died
On DP 2 I checked Logic, and got back "Soviet truth"
On DP 3 I accidently checked Medic, forgetting he had already died.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:31:23 PM
Matt- ?
Freedom Squared- ?
MongooseIII- ?
BlueSteel- Ghost forensic investigator (Karl Radek)- Confirmed
Medic0506- ?
Lickdafoot- ?
Quarter Exchange- Lie Detector (Grigory Zinoviev)
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:32:09 PM
At 9/2/2011 5:27:45 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Just to clear things up I am a lie detetector. Meaning that every NP I can select a statement and run it by Innomen to verify. However I can somethimes get "Soviet truth"

Meaning that once I tried to check Logic-on-Rail's statement, "I win with the town", and then got back the response that "in the Soviet Union, there is no town, there is only the people."

If he's PGO wouldn't that mean you would die for performing a night action on him?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:36:16 PM
At 9/2/2011 5:32:09 PM, Tim_Spin wrote:

If he's PGO wouldn't that mean you would die for performing a night action on him?

touche. as if the random claim wasn't suspicious enough.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:36:20 PM

I'm still here. Unless you happen to know of any rule that makes lie detectors immune from being killed by PGOs and suicide bombers

VTL Logic
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:36:22 PM

He's not necessarily performing a night action 'on me' if he doesn't visit me. The lie detector tests statements, and so might not need to actually visit the person who made the statement, meaning I can be tested that way. I don't think Quarterexchange would willingly suicide to test a PGO. I can' believe the DP 3 mistake though.

On the point of my interesting role. I've alluded to many times that I'm not the most popular with the town and how my character balances between the Russians and the needs of the Polish. I can't really say much more without getting too close to my role PM.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:38:00 PM
At 9/2/2011 5:36:16 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

touche. as if the random claim wasn't suspicious enough.

Tim still had a question mark next to my name so I decided to fill him in.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 5:54:45 PM
I haven't had a chance to read up yet, but wanted to check in. Do we have good suspicion on anyone??

I win with the people.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:00:47 PM
At 9/2/2011 5:54:45 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I haven't had a chance to read up yet, but wanted to check in. Do we have good suspicion on anyone??

I win with the people.

Matt is still under suspicion from his actions last Dp. He defended Andro who turned out to be the Godfather and FOS'd the sh1t out of Bluesteel who brought up Andro as a suspect in the first place. He also told Bluesteel he would hammer Andro if Bluesteel character claimed. Bluesteel claimed and Badger did nothing.

Also, Logic has come under some more suspicion for quarterexchange's post claiming that he investigated a statement by Logic Dp2. However it mostly stems from whether or not that constitutes an action on Logic and whether he should have died since Logic claimed paranoid gun owner.
Tim_Spin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2011 6:14:21 PM
Vote Count

Matt(2)- Tim, Logic

Logic(1)- quarterexchange