Total Posts:58|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Soviet Mafia DP 5

innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 6:08:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
We share today in the successful cleansing of our party, and the purity of our path for the people.

Purged:

Blackhawk: You are Nikolai Yezdov - aka the Bloody Dwarf, you enjoy killing, and you are part of the NKVD. You are unusually cruel in you work, you have an eye for cruelty and know who should join you in your efforts. You may try to recruit one additional mafia member at any time during the game, choose someone and the moderator will send out the message, "Greetings comrade, your party leaders send you a friendly greeting and asks if you would care to join them." - mafia recruiter.

Mongoose I: You are Nicolai Bulganin - you did what you had to do for the good of the party, but were a good administrator and were ambitious but mostly within the framework of bureaucracy. You rose as a result of others dying in Stalin's purges and you survive because you are competent and present yourself well. You aren't good guy, but you're not as bad as mafia. You have the power to lock up someone if you want, but it can also protect them as well. You may choose one person at least two nights (depending on the discretion of the mod) and block them from using their abilities, and also protect them from a kill. You win with the people. -
Jailer

Ore_Ele - You are Vyacheslav Molotov - You have held many posts, mostly in the area of diplomacy. You are devoted to Stalinism, although he isn't always so devoted to you. You serve the party and have no problem in ordering deaths, or dealing with the worst elements of both international, and domestic society. Each night you may change the results of an investigation or block an investigation. You with with the Kremlin cadre. Mafia Role Blocker/Framer

Medic I: You are Georgy Malenkov - you graduated high school during the revolution. You survived Stalin and became the premier under Khruschev. You are duplicitous and are a decent administrator. You've had close associations with Beria, which will always make you suspicious. We aren't sure about you, are you a good guy or a bad guy? You get to choose after the second DP if you would like to be mafia or town, as mafia you are goon, as town you are vanilla. You win with the side you choose. - Traitor

Danielle - You are Andre Gromyko - You are a loyal party man, and a diplomat. You are well educated and strongly believe in the value of science. You're well loved and you're a good guy. Each night phase you may choose, if you like, to recruit another townie as a Mason, but if you choose a mafia member you will not know. You win with the People. - MASON.

MOD KILL
This role was messed up from the beginning due to the posting accident. It makes no difference to either side at this point, and I've decided to kill the jester:

Stephen_Hawkins/Mongoose II - You are Dimitri Shostakovich - you are the most esteemed composer to the world, but play in fear of your master's dislike of your music. Many of your friends and family have been killed because of their affiliation to you. You're a good guy, but you have a critic that kills. You survive because you have talent, and as such you use your talents to get yourself lynched. YOu win when you are lynched - Jester.

Andromeda - You are Joseph Stalin - Paranoid leader of the Bolsheviks, master of all the purges and the architect of the totalitarian regime which is responsible for untold numbers of deaths of Russian and non-Russian alike. You are mafia godfather, the leader of the Kremlin cadre and you show up innocent upon investigation. You are a bad guy, and you win with the Kremlin.

Lickdafoot - You are Nikolai Bukharin - Marxist, Bolshevik, Revolutionary. You are outspoken against Stalin and you are clearly a person of ideals and you're a Trotskyite, a supporter of Lenin. You are one of Stalin's most prominent victims. You're mostly a good guy, and win with the people. You know what's going on, and as such you may choose one person each night and watch their activities. - Town Tracker.

Badger/ Matt - You are Anastas Mikoyan - you are a survivor and 'could walk through red square on a rainy day and not get wet' You're an old Bolshevik, but you have the unusual task of foreign trade. You lose favor with your boss, but never really fall completely out of favor. You cannot be killed in any one night phase that you are targeted, you win with the people. ONE SHOT BULLET PROOF

Medic II/ Marcuscato - You are Nikita Khrushchev - You're actually a good guy, you administrate well and are lyoal to the party. You live in fear as does everyone, but manage to stay well respected by most. You believe in the ideals of the party and you believe in the Russian people. You never know when to shut up though. You win with the town and it will take an extra lynch to kill you.

Alive
Tim
Bluesteel
Freedomsquared
Mongoose
Logic on rails
Detectable ninja
Quarter

4 votes to lynch
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 8:39:36 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey guys, here is the response I got back from checking Medic's statement, "I win with the town".

"Ah yes comrade medic, much of what he says seems quite true, when he's telling the truth, but you know these days we cannot trust anyone, but yes."
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 9:46:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yikes--we're losing too many townspeople.

Anyway, Tim wasn't targeted at all last night.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 10:45:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Wow major screw ups I guess.

Tim- Vig
Bluesteel- One shot forensic investgator
Freedomsquared
Mongoose
Logic on rails- Paranoid gun owner
Detectable ninja- Watcher
Quarter- Lie detector

Deceased

(Mafia)

Blackhawk- Recruiter
O'reily- Role blocker/ framer
Andro- Godfather

(Town)

Mongoose I- Jailer
Danielle- Mason
Lickdafoot- Tracker
Badger(Matt)- One shot bulletproof
Medic II- Extra vote to kill

Third Party

Mongoose II- Jester
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 10:54:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well then--I suppose I'll cast the first stone. VTL Freedomsquared, as he hasn't claimed yet, according to Tim's updated list.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 11:05:17 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Freedomsquared
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 11:19:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unvote
It takes four votes to lynch and I don't want anyone hammering before he has the chance to claim.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:29:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
freedomsquared should claim, as should mongoose

I'm also worried about logic now. I'm guessing, with all the recruiting roles, that mafia are down to their last player, UNLESS logic is lying and was converted. The lie detect on medic seemed relatively clear which just worries me more. If mafia is down to one, we still have a vig kill and another DP to find that person, BUT if logic was converted, we could lose with a mislynch. I feel like lynching logic at this point is the safe thing to do, once we get claims, if we don't find anything, since regardless of what he is, it still gives us more time.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:37:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 2:29:26 PM, bluesteel wrote:
freedomsquared should claim, as should mongoose

I'm also worried about logic now. I'm guessing, with all the recruiting roles, that mafia are down to their last player, UNLESS logic is lying and was converted. The lie detect on medic seemed relatively clear which just worries me more. If mafia is down to one, we still have a vig kill and another DP to find that person, BUT if logic was converted, we could lose with a mislynch. I feel like lynching logic at this point is the safe thing to do, once we get claims, if we don't find anything, since regardless of what he is, it still gives us more time.

I think we should have freedom and mongoose claim before we lynch Logic if we do, so that I have something to go on this Np.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 2:49:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah definitely. Only if we don't find something should we lynch logic.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:15:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 2:49:11 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Yeah definitely. Only if we don't find something should we lynch logic.

Sounds good to me. All we have to do is wait for freedomsquared. He's online right now so....
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:27:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
FOS on freedomsquared for being online and not responding to pressure.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:32:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 2:49:11 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Yeah definitely. Only if we don't find something should we lynch logic.

Also if Logic turns out to be mafia, quarterexchange is probably mafia aswell. Quarterexchange wrote in Dp4:

"Innomen tells me that inspecting statements isn't an action, and therefore Logic is probably what he claimed to be."
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:42:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 3:40:12 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Socialpinko, why'd you kill Medic before I gave you the results of his statement?

I didn't. I targeted lickdafoot. Mafia probably killed Medic because they knew he would be a confirmed townie and also knew the doctor and watcher were not on him.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:46:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 3:42:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/4/2011 3:40:12 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Socialpinko, why'd you kill Medic before I gave you the results of his statement?

I didn't. I targeted lickdafoot. Mafia probably killed Medic because they knew he would be a confirmed townie and also knew the doctor and watcher were not on him.

In that case I certainly hope you're not using the same kind of keen logic you're using to suggest I'm mafia, you used to determine that lickdafoot was mafia.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 3:50:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 3:46:56 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
At 9/4/2011 3:42:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/4/2011 3:40:12 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Socialpinko, why'd you kill Medic before I gave you the results of his statement?

I didn't. I targeted lickdafoot. Mafia probably killed Medic because they knew he would be a confirmed townie and also knew the doctor and watcher were not on him.

In that case I certainly hope you're not using the same kind of keen logic you're using to suggest I'm mafia, you used to determine that lickdafoot was mafia.

Last time I checked I was right about Blackhawk and Medic I. My reasoning for your possible being a mafioso is if Logic turns out to be mafia, because you vouched for him Dp4, claiming that innomen told you lie detecting did not constitute a role action against him. It seems highly suspect that if Logic turns out to be mafia, you would also.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 4:15:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 3:50:26 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/4/2011 3:46:56 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
At 9/4/2011 3:42:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/4/2011 3:40:12 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Socialpinko, why'd you kill Medic before I gave you the results of his statement?

I didn't. I targeted lickdafoot. Mafia probably killed Medic because they knew he would be a confirmed townie and also knew the doctor and watcher were not on him.

In that case I certainly hope you're not using the same kind of keen logic you're using to suggest I'm mafia, you used to determine that lickdafoot was mafia.

Last time I checked I was right about Blackhawk and Medic I. My reasoning for your possible being a mafioso is if Logic turns out to be mafia, because you vouched for him Dp4, claiming that innomen told you lie detecting did not constitute a role action against him. It seems highly suspect that if Logic turns out to be mafia, you would also.

To be fair, the logic with lie detection not visiting me makes sense. Why don't YOU ask the mod if you don't believe Quarterexchange?

Put simply, Quarter, you haven't really given us any info this game either. You could feasibly be Mafia. It's either you, Mongoose or Freedom. I'm not adding to the pressure as we already have enough (2 votes I think) .
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 4:16:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I sincerely think we should do a lynch on freedom for lurking this DP.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 4:30:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Sergey Kirov - Doctor
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 4:47:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 4:30:27 PM, mongoose wrote:
Sergey Kirov - Doctor

I'm inclined to believe you since no one else has claimed doctor and it's a generally popular role. Also Freedom is not online anymore. Should we lynch him for lurking?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 4:54:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 4:47:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/4/2011 4:30:27 PM, mongoose wrote:
Sergey Kirov - Doctor

I'm inclined to believe you since no one else has claimed doctor and it's a generally popular role. Also Freedom is not online anymore. Should we lynch him for lurking?

Why not? I think it's safe to say that he and Logic are Maf. If freedom isn't, then vig kill Logic tonight. That should give us the win.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 4:58:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Theres still the possibility that quarter could be mafia. Though I'll read through freedoms statements throughout the game and decide for myself if I want to contribute to lynching him, I'd ask everyone not to for now at least.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 5:06:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/4/2011 4:58:14 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Theres still the possibility that quarter could be mafia. Though I'll read through freedoms statements throughout the game and decide for myself if I want to contribute to lynching him, I'd ask everyone not to for now at least.

Actually depending on Intomen's answer to my question(Does lie detecting constitute an action against a PGO), I could go along with Ninja's plan. If quarter is mafia, chances are at the very least Freedomsquared is mafia and if we lynch him and the game doesn't end, Logic is also mafia.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 5:08:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tim- Vig
Bluesteel- One shot forensic investgator
Mongoose- Doctor
Logic on rails- Paranoid gun owner
Detectable ninja- Watcher
Quarter- Lie detector

Freedomsquared- ?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 5:14:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Intomen responded to my question by saying that lie detection did not constitute an action against the PGO. Therefore my suspicion against Logic and Quarter is gone for now. We should lynch freedomsquared.

Vote to lynch freedomsquared

In the case that Freedomsquared is not mafia, I will target Logic. Ninja should watch me and Mongoose should protect Ninja. Let's hope this plan works out better than the last one. :)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2011 5:18:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
freedomsquared better claim soon, although i wouldn't go around lynching someone merely for lurking, unless DP is about to end. A mislynch if logic was converted or was mafia to begin with could be really bad (in theory, they could have converted someone and had a mafioso fake claim a conversion attempt).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)