Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Soviet Final DP

innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 6:33:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Doing this quickly...no propaganda this time.
Purged:

Blackhawk: You are Nikolai Yezdov - aka the Bloody Dwarf, you enjoy killing, and you are part of the NKVD. You are unusually cruel in you work, you have an eye for cruelty and know who should join you in your efforts. You may try to recruit one additional mafia member at any time during the game, choose someone and the moderator will send out the message, "Greetings comrade, your party leaders send you a friendly greeting and asks if you would care to join them." - mafia recruiter.

Mongoose I: You are Nicolai Bulganin - you did what you had to do for the good of the party, but were a good administrator and were ambitious but mostly within the framework of bureaucracy. You rose as a result of others dying in Stalin's purges and you survive because you are competent and present yourself well. You aren't good guy, but you're not as bad as mafia. You have the power to lock up someone if you want, but it can also protect them as well. You may choose one person at least two nights (depending on the discretion of the mod) and block them from using their abilities, and also protect them from a kill. You win with the people. -
Jailer

Ore_Ele - You are Vyacheslav Molotov - You have held many posts, mostly in the area of diplomacy. You are devoted to Stalinism, although he isn't always so devoted to you. You serve the party and have no problem in ordering deaths, or dealing with the worst elements of both international, and domestic society. Each night you may change the results of an investigation or block an investigation. You with with the Kremlin cadre. Mafia Role Blocker/Framer

Medic I: You are Georgy Malenkov - you graduated high school during the revolution. You survived Stalin and became the premier under Khruschev. You are duplicitous and are a decent administrator. You've had close associations with Beria, which will always make you suspicious. We aren't sure about you, are you a good guy or a bad guy? You get to choose after the second DP if you would like to be mafia or town, as mafia you are goon, as town you are vanilla. You win with the side you choose. - Traitor

Danielle - You are Andre Gromyko - You are a loyal party man, and a diplomat. You are well educated and strongly believe in the value of science. You're well loved and you're a good guy. Each night phase you may choose, if you like, to recruit another townie as a Mason, but if you choose a mafia member you will not know. You win with the People. - MASON.

MOD KILL
This role was messed up from the beginning due to the posting accident. It makes no difference to either side at this point, and I've decided to kill the jester:

Stephen_Hawkins/Mongoose II - You are Dimitri Shostakovich - you are the most esteemed composer to the world, but play in fear of your master's dislike of your music. Many of your friends and family have been killed because of their affiliation to you. You're a good guy, but you have a critic that kills. You survive because you have talent, and as such you use your talents to get yourself lynched. YOu win when you are lynched - Jester.

Andromeda - You are Joseph Stalin - Paranoid leader of the Bolsheviks, master of all the purges and the architect of the totalitarian regime which is responsible for untold numbers of deaths of Russian and non-Russian alike. You are mafia godfather, the leader of the Kremlin cadre and you show up innocent upon investigation. You are a bad guy, and you win with the Kremlin.

Lickdafoot - You are Nikolai Bukharin - Marxist, Bolshevik, Revolutionary. You are outspoken against Stalin and you are clearly a person of ideals and you're a Trotskyite, a supporter of Lenin. You are one of Stalin's most prominent victims. You're mostly a good guy, and win with the people. You know what's going on, and as such you may choose one person each night and watch their activities. - Town Tracker.

Badger/ Matt - You are Anastas Mikoyan - you are a survivor and 'could walk through red square on a rainy day and not get wet' You're an old Bolshevik, but you have the unusual task of foreign trade. You lose favor with your boss, but never really fall completely out of favor. You cannot be killed in any one night phase that you are targeted, you win with the people. ONE SHOT BULLET PROOF

Medic II/ Marcuscato - You are Nikita Khrushchev - You're actually a good guy, you administrate well and are lyoal to the party. You live in fear as does everyone, but manage to stay well respected by most. You believe in the ideals of the party and you believe in the Russian people. You never know when to shut up though. You win with the town and it will take an extra lynch to kill you.

Tim Spin/Social - You are Hryhoriy Petrovsky- You are the son of a tailor and a laundress, and you started out looking for worker's rights and became an advocate of the Red Terror. You believed in a society run by terror, but eventually you realize it went to far. You had great faith in massacres and as such ytou may make one kill on behalf of the People each night. VIG - You win with the people.

Detectable Ninja - You are a great writer, an intellectual and are careful with the truth that you want to be known. You know the dangers of publishing the truth, and you are a treasure to your country, but are a danger to those with power. Each night you may check if someone is being targted, and for what, but not by whom. You win with the People, - Watcher

Logic on Rails- YOu are Wladyslaw Gomulka - you are the Communist leader of Poland, and have to balance the threat of the Russians, and the needs of your people. You are a hard line communist, but you are also a Pole, who loves his people. You go back and forth and don't even know who you should be loyal to anymore, so you just shoot at anyone that targets you at night. YOu witn with the People, but the People might not love you so much. Paranoid Gun owner

Freedom Squared - you are Leonid Brezhnev - You are loyal to the party, but play it safe. You lack imagination and find conmfort in the old ways of doing things. You are not withouth ambistion, but are more careful to preserve your current situation. You're pathetic and alcoholic, you are vanilla and win with the people, with the caveat of being a sleeper agent for the Kremlin without knowing it, and can be activated at any time.

Alive
Bluesteel
Mongoose
Quarter

2 votes to lynch
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 6:43:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Avenge me and kill the mafia scum!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 6:54:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If logic had been converted, would it say it in the OP?

Well we obviously haven't won so there's one mafioso left. I really don't know which of you two to trust; I guess the lie detect could be fake but so could the doctor claim.

I want to hear from both of you before I decide anything.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 6:56:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If I had to guess though, I'd guess the lie detector claim is fake, since there was no mafia NK the same NP where tim targeted badger. Unless mafia targeted badger too, which doesn't make sense, it seems like there must be another protective role.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 6:58:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Although I suppose they could have chosen not to kill anyone so someone could claim doctor.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 7:06:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Mongoose
Bluesteel, you've just gotta believe me.

I haven't refrained from voting to lynch the past mafia members.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 7:07:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hm, just going back through the DP's. Quarter, why didn't you vote for OreEle?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 7:07:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
i guess that makes sense

VTL mongoose
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 7:09:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
went with my gut - innomen, result?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2011 7:37:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well darn you, I'm town. I was formerly the doctor, but was changed to one-shot bulletproof when innomen decided the town had too much of an advantage. When I saw that somebody else was one-shot bulletproof, I decided to go with a doctor claim because I knew it couldn't be counter claimed as I was the doctor.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 2:42:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 2:39:25 AM, medic0506 wrote:
It was quarter wasn't it??

I dunno if/when innomen will post an endgame, but this should clarify a few things:

Good morning comrade Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria - You are the henchman and leader of the NKVD. You made the secret police the instrument of fear in maintaining the collective's true and pure values, and you are responsible for its world wide reputation. You are Stalin's right hand man, and will carry out any order he gives you. However, you win when your boss Stalin is dead and the mafia wins. You are mafia usurper, you are a very bad guy and win with the Kremlin only if your boss is dead.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 2:47:19 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 2:42:14 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 9/6/2011 2:39:25 AM, medic0506 wrote:
It was quarter wasn't it??

I dunno if/when innomen will post an endgame, but this should clarify a few things:

Good morning comrade Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria - You are the henchman and leader of the NKVD. You made the secret police the instrument of fear in maintaining the collective's true and pure values, and you are responsible for its world wide reputation. You are Stalin's right hand man, and will carry out any order he gives you. However, you win when your boss Stalin is dead and the mafia wins. You are mafia usurper, you are a very bad guy and win with the Kremlin only if your boss is dead.

Wow, good play blue. I thought the town had the win for sure.
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 3:00:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
interesting game! I was rather off with my imaginations then. I was thinking ye'd a disguiser and you were the godfather for sure after andro came up godfather, bluesteel. obvious Mafia was still obvious Mafia though :P
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 4:00:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 3:00:01 AM, el-badgero wrote:
interesting game! I was rather off with my imaginations then. I was thinking ye'd a disguiser and you were the godfather for sure after andro came up godfather, bluesteel. obvious Mafia was still obvious Mafia though :P

You dropping out probably tipped the game to mafia.

Bluesteel was mafia usurper and played it very well in the mafia only thread.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 5:31:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 2:42:14 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 9/6/2011 2:39:25 AM, medic0506 wrote:
It was quarter wasn't it??

I dunno if/when innomen will post an endgame, but this should clarify a few things:

Good morning comrade Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria - You are the henchman and leader of the NKVD. You made the secret police the instrument of fear in maintaining the collective's true and pure values, and you are responsible for its world wide reputation. You are Stalin's right hand man, and will carry out any order he gives you. However, you win when your boss Stalin is dead and the mafia wins. You are mafia usurper, you are a very bad guy and win with the Kremlin only if your boss is dead.

Impressive. I wonder how this went down in the Mafia thread when you threw Andromeda off a cliff. I don't think it would have stopped your victory, but I was going to give specific instructions to Social not to kill me given my role and to test Mongoose's role. This would have meant that it was me or Quarter got killed, night phase kill and 3 people left. In this case Quarter would probably be killed, yet would be forced to choose between 'confirmed' townies to detect. I didn't do this due to the hard stop rule though.

That was well played indeed.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 6:51:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 4:00:40 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/6/2011 3:00:01 AM, el-badgero wrote:
interesting game! I was rather off with my imaginations then. I was thinking ye'd a disguiser and you were the godfather for sure after andro came up godfather, bluesteel. obvious Mafia was still obvious Mafia though :P

You dropping out probably tipped the game to mafia.

nah, andro coming up guilty meant I was hung, and I knew she would somehow, hence my resignation. it didn't make sense that bluesteel would've hung himself with a wrong call. for what point? which lead me to think she was either Mafia too or that bluesteel was after making an incredibly risky move.. the latter of which I doubted, and then moreso with the role she claimed and freedomsquared commented of having been suspicious of the both of them.. but alas all that'd lost all relevance to my chances and i had to press forward with bluesteel to have any hope of winning myself after all I'd said and his influence...

i figured i could have probably made argument though, and rather logical argument though wrong, of why was the godfather carrying out the night kills and a disguiser, calling back to question his claim among other things, but couldn't be sure she would come up godfather (though i thought she would for the wrong reasons), and anyway figured I'd be riddled with roles during the np and that if I'd managed to scrape through that probably just wouldn't be listened to a second time, and thus just couldn't be bothered...

Bluesteel was mafia usurper and played it very well in the mafia only thread.
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:00:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 6:51:42 AM, el-badgero wrote:
At 9/6/2011 4:00:40 AM, innomen wrote:
At 9/6/2011 3:00:01 AM, el-badgero wrote:
interesting game! I was rather off with my imaginations then. I was thinking ye'd a disguiser and you were the godfather for sure after andro came up godfather, bluesteel. obvious Mafia was still obvious Mafia though :P

You dropping out probably tipped the game to mafia.

nah, andro coming up guilty meant I was hung, and I knew she would somehow, hence my resignation. it didn't make sense that bluesteel would've hung himself with a wrong call. for what point? which lead me to think she was either Mafia too or that bluesteel was after making an incredibly risky move.. the latter of which I doubted, and then moreso with the role she claimed and freedomsquared commented of having been suspicious of the both of them.. but alas all that'd lost all relevance to my chances and i had to press forward with bluesteel to have any hope of winning myself after all I'd said and his influence...

i figured i could have probably made argument though, and rather logical argument though wrong, of why was the godfather carrying out the night kills and a disguiser, calling back to question his claim among other things, but couldn't be sure she would come up godfather (though i thought she would for the wrong reasons), and anyway figured I'd be riddled with roles during the np and that if I'd managed to scrape through that probably just wouldn't be listened to a second time, and thus just couldn't be bothered...

I saw my defeat as imminent and gave myself to that... he's good!

Bluesteel was mafia usurper and played it very well in the mafia only thread.
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 8:34:04 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/29/2011 6:34:52 PM, Danielle wrote:
Suspects for now: Ore_Ele, Andro, bluesteel

I handed the town 3 mafia on day phase 2 including the role blocker and GF. I'm pretty sure I called out freedom too actually. After I was right about the others, why would the town abandon my suspicion on bluesteel? Quarter, wtf kind of logic is it to lynch the doctor over the person who claimed 1-shot FI? You don't think that's the most convenient claim ever, and would not exist in the game over the doctor? Wow.

Bluesteel was so obviously guilty with the way he hammered Ore_Ele, especially so conveniently without giving the town any opportunity to respond. After seeing that Ore_Ele was guilty, the original doctor was an idiot for not protecting me. It was unfair that I asked to be a replacement and yet everyone got to be a replacement except for me. Had I been let back into the game, bluesteel would have been lynched right after Andro. I don't even think you people were smart enough to make him character claim.

Also the town was super eager to lynch matt (maybe someone else; I don't remember all the details) and barely gave him/them a chance to respond. I remember he had 5/6 votes to lynch before he ever even signed on.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 8:40:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
This game was fun though for the 2 days that I was alive... I like themes that don't have roles and characters that are too obvious. I'm SO stoked for the anarcho-capitalism theme!!! {sarcasm} Karl Marx will likely be the Godfather :P
President of DDO
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 8:52:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Danielle we should fight crime together or something... get married maybe? does anyone know did Sherlock Holmes ever end up banging Irene Adler in the end all? a prophecy maybe? lol
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 9:19:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 8:52:26 AM, el-badgero wrote:
Danielle we should fight crime together or something... get married maybe? does anyone know did Sherlock Holmes ever end up banging Irene Adler in the end all? a prophecy maybe? lol

you'd figure he didn't, but nevermind that!
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 9:25:32 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 9:17:51 AM, Danielle wrote:
I'm nobody's sidekick.

what? just because she's a woman you assume I was talking about you being my sidekick? that's a bit sexist Danielle :P ...or is it that you'd be with me? lol, funny answer gorgeous :P I suppose she's a storybook character created by a dude though? lol
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!