Total Posts:123|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Knowledge Mafia Day Phase 1

wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 7:19:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
== Rules ==
1. Do not post screencaps.
2. Do not post in closed threads.
3. For your vote to count, it must be bolded.
4. I will only answer questions in your role thread.
5. Do not discuss this game outside of the threads I create.
6. If a player does not post in a day phase thread or misses a night action, he or she may be replaced.
7. I may add to this list if I feel like it.

== Living Players ==
1. Andromeda_Z
2. Quarterexchange
3. Socialpinko
4. mongoose
5. Blackhawk1331
6. bluesteel
7. Mattrodstrom
8. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
9. Logic_on_rails
10. Danielle
11. mongeese

The day phase ends with a majority vote, or on Thursday at 9:00 PM CST.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 8:23:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
F the first post rule. Vtl bluesteel for random claim.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 9:36:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 8:23:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
F the first post rule. Vtl bluesteel for random claim.

Why bluesteel? You look awfully suspicious.

VTL SOCIALPINKO
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 9:44:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 9:36:33 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/6/2011 8:23:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
F the first post rule. Vtl bluesteel for random claim.

Why bluesteel? You look awfully suspicious.

VTL SOCIALPINKO

Mostly random but could also be due to his high level of cunning, and his sneaky activity in the Sovet mafia game.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 10:38:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Gut hunch says mongeese is town; socialpinko may be a third party player (when is it smart to aggressively go after a good player without a good reason on dp1?). Even if spinko can't get a good read on blue, I can usually pick up on his mafia tell, so I don't see a reason to pressure him just yet.

I'm thinking of pressuring Blackhawk1331 or F16 because I've never played with them before and don't have a good read on their style or ability, though I'm not even sure I have a good idea of what characters will be town in this game. I'm gonna go ahead and vote F16 for a character claim, I guess. We'll see what happens from there.
President of DDO
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 10:47:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hello all.

...

VTL F16
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 11:02:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Firstly, I'm always online because I don't logout. I simply close the DDO tabs and open them again the next time I want to use DDO. That way I don't have to type in my username and password. When was the last time you actually saw me offline?

Also, I've never played online mafia before so eliminating me won't help you win. Why not let me stay and eliminate me toward the end for an easy win. Doesn't that sound like a better strategy?

If you need someone to pick on quarterexchange is always there :)

Quarterexchange
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 11:04:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
F-16, you've been pressured for a claim. We can't just let people shift the pressure without contributing anything; the pressure would be worthless in that case. Is it safe to reveal your role? Were you given any information that would benefit the town currently if it were shared?
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 11:45:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
F-16, you are being pressured for a claim. This wasn't done because you did something suspicious (we just don't know your playing style yet), but if you continue to dodge pressure you will be considered suspicious. it makes a lot more sense for you to claim now, rather than later.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2011 11:53:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 11:49:19 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
How do I "claim"?

Say what your role (or character, in games that have them) is called.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 12:45:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL danielle

I think she was right last game - mod's seem to balance their games by hand, so it's very likely in most games that one of us is mafia. Since I'm not, I'm fairly certain she is. I was really surprised to learn how many mods actually don't assign roles randomly.

I also think the fact she didn't even mention that deduction this game further makes her suspicious. Didn't think I'd forget, did you danielle?

I win with the town and when all mafia are dead.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 3:09:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Would add to the pressure, yet that'd be 5 votes which could allow a hammer. So while I'm here to help, I won't vote just yet.

On the point of game balance, I'm not voting for Bluesteel or Danielle yet for 2 reasons. 1, it's unfair to just attack them every game. 2, I'd like to think my recent game balance proposal would be taken up, although I do doubt that's the case currently.

Finally, I'm wondering about the type of 'characters' people have, because mine is not a character, but rather an entity of a sort. Perhaps people would like to discuss this issue a little more?
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 8:20:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/6/2011 11:55:15 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I'm the virgin and I don't know the significance of the number 4.

What is this I can't even...? Are you speaking about having 4 votes on you, or is this part of your claim? I'm going to assume it's not the latter. I'm also confused as to why you'd shift pressure onto quarter (Have you played with him before? If not, what's the incentive to pressure him and not you?) You're going to be lynched by the town if you don't reveal some information - for now, at least a character claim. If you don't know what your character is then ask the mod to confirm it. You need to do this before people get annoyed and vote to lynch you off for not participating. Right now you only have 4 out of 6 necessary votes to lynch you.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 8:27:28 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/7/2011 12:45:45 AM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL danielle

I think she was right last game - mod's seem to balance their games by hand, so it's very likely in most games that one of us is mafia. Since I'm not, I'm fairly certain she is.

I know how enticing it is to bite off my logic, but this doesn't make sense for a few reasons. In the last game there were so many n00bs so it was obvious they needed a strong mafia player, and you're probably the best (I'm a better townie than mafioso). In this game there are more experienced players. The twins have been playing for a long time (and I'm betting at least one of them is mafia -- right now I'd assume goose, but who knows). It makes zero sense to say that because you are town that I must be mafia, and that's not the only reason I knew you were mafia in the last game either. Nice try though.

I was really surprised to learn how many mods actually don't assign roles randomly.

I've done it before; it backfired. It has its pros and cons.

I also think the fact she didn't even mention that deduction this game further makes her suspicious. Didn't think I'd forget, did you danielle?

What does this mean? English motherfvcker - do you speak it? :) And forget about what? I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

I win with the town and when all mafia are dead.

I believe this for now. I also win with the town and when all mafia are dead.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 8:30:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Gut hunches before the game even gets underway:

bluesteel (town)
mongeese (town)
socialpinko (third party)
mattrodstrom (mafia)
mongoose (mafia)

I have my reasons. I'm just spelling it out for you since the mafia always targets me night phase 1, and apparently I have to do all the work and tell the town who's guilty before I die. Considering I won't live very long then these are my best guesses for now (subject to change, obviously).
President of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 8:31:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/7/2011 8:20:20 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 9/6/2011 11:55:15 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I'm the virgin and I don't know the significance of the number 4.

What is this I can't even...? Are you speaking about having 4 votes on you, or is this part of your claim? I'm going to assume it's not the latter. I'm also confused as to why you'd shift pressure onto quarter (Have you played with him before? If not, what's the incentive to pressure him and not you?) You're going to be lynched by the town if you don't reveal some information - for now, at least a character claim. If you don't know what your character is then ask the mod to confirm it. You need to do this before people get annoyed and vote to lynch you off for not participating. Right now you only have 4 out of 6 necessary votes to lynch you.

It is part of my claim. My character is the Virgin.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 8:35:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unvote, vote mattrodstrom.

I'm choosing him over mongoose because I am guessing mongeese is town, and since the twins are incapable of remembering to log off, I'm sure that if mongoose is guilty mongeese will "accidentally" come across his account and find a way to tell the town. Just sayin.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 8:37:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
And because I know matt will ask, the reason I am FOSing him is not only an assumption based on balancing the game in terms of player ability, but because he was online several hours after the day phase started yet didn't post (and he's typically pretty active). It's not a lot to go on but it's something, and admittedly my gut does play a part regardless of how credible other people think it is (it works for me). Remember we shouldn't ask for more than 2 claims this first day phase, especially since there are only 11 players. You are all free to pressure whoever you want but to me this makes the most sense.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 8:51:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

F16 (geese, goose, quarterexchange) -- 3/6 votes
quarterexchange (F16) -- 1/6 votes
Danielle (bluesteel) -- 1/6 votes
mattrodstrom (Danielle) -- 1/6 votes

F16 I'd still like for you to justify voting for quarter.
President of DDO
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 8:57:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/7/2011 8:51:11 AM, Danielle wrote:
VOTE COUNT

F16 (geese, goose, quarterexchange) -- 3/6 votes
quarterexchange (F16) -- 1/6 votes
Danielle (bluesteel) -- 1/6 votes
mattrodstrom (Danielle) -- 1/6 votes

F16 I'd still like for you to justify voting for quarter.

This is my first time playing mafia online so I am not exactly sure how "justifying" is spposed to be done. But looking at your responses, I have a general idea.
Unvote QuarterExchabge
VTL Danielle

Because I think she is the mafia and is pressuring other people so as to put suspicion on them and off of her.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 9:47:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/7/2011 8:57:14 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
This is my first time playing mafia online so I am not exactly sure how "justifying" is spposed to be done. But looking at your responses, I have a general idea.
Unvote QuarterExchabge
VTL Danielle

Because I think she is the mafia and is pressuring other people so as to put suspicion on them and off of her.

F16 admits that he has never played in a mafia game before and has absolutely no idea what to do, yet thinks it is reasonable to pressure other people without justification. Since he has no experience playing with me (or quarter) and doesn't even understand basic concepts of the game, his suspicion is not to be taken seriously as he is literally just choosing people to target. He hasn't (and cannot) justify voting for quarter; obviously voting for me is the next step considering I am the only person online and posting (and posting a lot at that). I find his analysis amusing (though useless) considering I am employing the exact same tactics I have in every game: targeting people I think are hard to get a read on, or who I suspect might be mafia for other reasons. FOS'ing other people is how the game is played... of course F16 would know that if he had played before.
President of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 10:42:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At school right now so just checking in. I win with the town. Saying so in case there's a lie detector. Also, VTL f16 for elaboration on his character/role claim. I don't want to pass him by with a one word claim and go on to someone else just yet, and I don't like how we're trying to pressure like four people all at once. We should stay on f16 just a little longer to kind of confirm him to our best ability. I doubt he has a powerful role anyways and as Danielle pointed out, the mafia will probably target her tonight anyways so he's probably safe tonight.

Also, as to Danielle's theorizing that I'm third party based on my "aggressively" going after Bluesteel without a good reason, I pressured him first mostly because of his sneakiness in the Soviet game and my embarrassing obliviousness to it, also I figured one of the more experienced players(you, Logic, or Bluesteel) is probably mafia so I went with the one I missed last game.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2011 11:00:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't even know how my role is relevant to the theme. F16's is seemingly just as random, so I have no idea how he would have come up with that if he were mafia (unless the mafia has a better understanding of the concept than I do, since "Knowledge" is kind of ambiguous). I don't see how a virgin is relevant to a knowledge theme, but I'm thinking that if F16 were mafia his teammates would have come up with something more plausible. FOS Spinko for pushing a role claim on F16. I also have no idea if he's third party; that was just a guess (I was thinking jester-like). I'm leaning toward pressuring him or matt for aforementioned reasons.
President of DDO