Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 1.2 DP7 (last DP)

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 3:47:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, so I've simply run out of creative juices without going totally weird in the deaths (and I'm short on time), so here it is.

Blackhawk is killed, he is the townie Cop.

Still Alive -
Mestari
Wiploc
Logic

2 votes to lynch. The DP ends monday at 8 am PST (if not sooner, since I will only be online for another 2 1/2 hours).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 3:54:14 PM
This is an interesting predicament. I've been roleblocked and the cop was killed. There is no way to be absolutely sure that Wiploc is a mafia. However, Wiploc called me a scum and came to the defense of Randolph last dp. Of course if Logic is mafia, he's smart enough to know that if he killed Randolph last night and we kill Wiploc today, he wins. However, if he is mafia, then Wiploc is innocent and it would have made even more sense for him to kill Wiploc as we would be at a 2-2 split and it would be game over. Thus, Logic is logically innocent. VTL Wiploc.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 4:52:12 PM
Well, it looks like our heroics to lynch Randolph actually weren't needed. Nevertheless, the path is clear - Wiploc is our last Mafia member.

To beginners, you should take note about how to act town. My bulletproof miller role is a very shady role, yet I've been seen as a townie all game due to how I've played. Learn from this.

Also, in case there isn't an endgame, I tip my hat to Grey. He played extremely well, and I can imagine that if he was active in the first game it would have been an even bigger victory. Also, a consolation prize to Mestari for his good logic yesterday.

For the beginner Mafia, you really should have hit Grey a lot earlier as it was clear he knew what he was doing. Also, you didn't actually take a shot at me on NP 1, right?

VTL Wiploc
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 4:59:42 PM
Oh, and as for clarification. Even though I was roleblocked last night, I was stil able to investigate a claim. It was Ore_Ele's claim that I was RB'd. It came back true. =(
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:00:35 PM
The day phrase has ended with Wiploc's lynch. We will wait for Ore_Ele to announce the end of this thread..

Vote count: Wiploc 2/2-[Mestari, Logic]
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:04:28 PM
At 9/9/2011 4:59:42 PM, Mestari wrote:
Oh, and as for clarification. Even though I was roleblocked last night, I was stil able to investigate a claim. It was Ore_Ele's claim that I was RB'd. It came back true. =(

You really should have tested my statement, just to be sure. I am who I am though, so no problem.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:05:04 PM
Wiploc has been lynched, he was the last Mafia - Goon (turned into Roleblocker).

Analysis will be up shortly.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:06:50 PM
At 9/9/2011 4:52:12 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Well, it looks like our heroics to lynch Randolph actually weren't needed. Nevertheless, the path is clear - Wiploc is our last Mafia member.

To beginners, you should take note about how to act town. My bulletproof miller role is a very shady role, yet I've been seen as a townie all game due to how I've played. Learn from this.

Also, in case there isn't an endgame, I tip my hat to Grey. He played extremely well, and I can imagine that if he was active in the first game it would have been an even bigger victory. Also, a consolation prize to Mestari for his good logic yesterday.

For the beginner Mafia, you really should have hit Grey a lot earlier as it was clear he knew what he was doing. Also, you didn't actually take a shot at me on NP 1, right?

VTL Wiploc

I don't think it matters if I talk now since the lynch is decided. I was gonna VTL Randolph though when I got home from school but Dp had ended and I was dead. I forget what my reasoning was, but this morning I came up with some really condemning piece against randolph that convinced me 100% that Mestari was telling the truth. I forgot what it was while in school though and I couldn't post it this morning because my internet was down. I also just realized, RB can RB and kill if he's only mafia? When I play on other sites, and when I mod, if someone is last maf, or is replacing the killing role, they'll lose their other role if it's a power one.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:08:36 PM
@ Mestari, I'm sorry for ever doubting you. I should have trusted my gut instincts over the logic I had against you.

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:11:07 PM
At 9/9/2011 5:08:36 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
@ Mestari, I'm sorry for ever doubting you. I should have trusted my gut instincts over the logic I had against you.

To be fair, there was actually a lot of logic for Mestari telling the truth, but it did indeed require some analysis. Although I understand, I'm for some reason always a little suspect of Mestari...
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:12:10 PM

No, we killed Medic.

VTL Wiploc
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:50:38 PM
At 9/9/2011 5:04:28 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/9/2011 4:59:42 PM, Mestari wrote:

You really should have tested my statement, just to be sure. I am who I am though, so no problem.

No lol, I was role blocked. I wasn't actually able to investigate a statement. I just claimed that I wanted to test his statement telling my I was roleblocked for the hell of it because I couldn't test anything useful anyway.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:50:57 PM
At 9/9/2011 5:08:36 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

It's cool. We all wanted to win.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:51:43 PM
I'm for some reason always a little suspect of Mestari...

I think this is the first game where you didn't try to kill me. We're making progress!
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:59:45 PM
At 9/9/2011 5:55:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Close game! Way to pull it out at the end, blackhawk and logic.

Thanks but I have to say, the game would've been lost without Mestari. I was going to kill wiploc and then mestari. Randolph would've gotten a mafia win if mestari hadn't fought so hard.

Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 6:00:52 PM
At 9/9/2011 5:59:45 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Thanks but I have to say, the game would've been lost without Mestari. I was going to kill wiploc and then mestari. Randolph would've gotten a mafia win if mestari hadn't fought so hard.

Haha, when I decide to take up a battle in mafia I usually go all-out. I've only been lynched once because of it, but we had a paranoid cop that investigated me.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 6:01:50 PM

No worries Grey, you were definitely a useful town asset too! My other noteworthy townie is Mestari, who used sound logic to clear his name.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 6:14:25 PM
At 9/9/2011 6:01:50 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

No worries Grey, you were definitely a useful town asset too! My other noteworthy townie is Mestari, who used sound logic to clear his name.

Yeah. I was only significant after grey's death because I was the most trusted by the other townies so my word held the most weight. Like I said, without mestari's logic, the game would have been lost. Grey was definitely the best player for the town, though.

wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 6:15:23 PM
For the beginner Mafia, you really should have hit Grey a lot earlier as it was clear he knew what he was doing.

It was never clear to me. He acted completely crazy. We left him in for three reasons: He was very suspicious himself; he was telling everybody that to of the mafia were innocent; and the doctor was protecting him.

We rollblocked him for three nights, so the doctor would tire of that, and then we killed him.

That was the plan, anyway. I don't remember how it worked out.

Also, you didn't actually take a shot at me on NP 1, right?

We killed Freedom, we thought. Maybe Grey got his order in earlier. We had no idea, for days, that we hadn't really killed him. So Grey's attempt to sus out who knew that the vig had killed him was hopeless. We thought we'd done it.