Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 1.2 results and analysis

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:11:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Results - TOWN WINS (though only 2 are left alive).

The Mafia...

Lickdafoot - Mafia Godfather
Wiploc - Mafia Goon (takes on the role of the first mafia power user to die).
Randolph7 - Mafia Roleblocker (became Framer when I got Randolph and Andro backwards)
Andromeda_Z - Mafia Framer (became Roleblocker upon her death because I got the mafia people backwards).

The Town...

MCDCBC - Townie Lie Detector
Greyparrot - Townie Vigilante (could only kill every other night)
MIG - Vanilla Townie
Blackhawk - Townie Cop
Marcuscato - Vanilla Townie (became the doctor after doc died)
Logic - Bullet Proof Miller
Mestari - Vanilla Townie (became the LD after the LD died)
Freedomsquared - Townie Doctor

Analysis coming shortly.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:21:46 PM
Hey! I was a 'nilla too!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:26:25 PM
DP1/NP1

DP1 went fairly simple. The town made some pressure, however, they did end up outing the LD, one of the risks of pressuring early on, but ultimately didn't lynch anyone. Medic completely botched his role and most people seemed to know that he was the jester, however, all the killing roles thought he was doing jester soo much that he must be a powerful role.

In NP1, he was targeted by the Cop, the Vig, and the Mafia. Since the vig targeted him first, I went with a vig kill for the OP of DP2. MCDCBC made a good LD pick, wanting to investigate wiploc that night, but he was being RB'd since he was outted. It was also good for the mafia to target the LD with the RB. However, Lickdafoot (godfather chooses the mafia night kill) probably should have laid off of Medic that night and used their kill on someone else. It is very common for the vigilante to go after suspected Jesters, and if Medic was still alive NP2, mafia should have gone then.

DP2/NP2

Grey came out really strong against both Lick and Freedom. This could have gone really good or really bad for the town, since his two targets were the Doctor and the God Father, and Grey ultimately almost got himself lynched. But when the DP ended, MIG was hanging from a tree. There wasn't much he could do, since he was pressured, gave his role, but it wasn't believed. I feared this would happen with this many vanillas, but I hoped that by this time at least one vanilla would have gained a power.

During the NP, Andro made a good choice in framing Grey, since his wild accusations would make him a natural choice for the cop to investigate (better than a random shot in the dark), however the cop didn't bite and choose to investigate Mestari. Lick and the mafia were having a hard time deciding between killing Freedom (doctor) and Ninja (vanilla). They choose to kill Ninja, which was good for them, since Freedom protected himself that NP. MCDCBC was roleblocked again.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:26:39 PM
At 9/9/2011 5:11:46 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Results - TOWN WINS (though only 2 are left alive).

The Mafia...

Lickdafoot - Mafia Godfather
Wiploc - Mafia Goon (takes on the role of the first mafia power user to die).
Randolph7 - Mafia Roleblocker (became Framer when I got Randolph and Andro backwards)
Andromeda_Z - Mafia Framer (became Roleblocker upon her death because I got the mafia people backwards).

The Town...

MCDCBC - Townie Lie Detector
Greyparrot - Townie Vigilante (could only kill every other night)
MIG - Vanilla Townie
Blackhawk - Townie Cop
Marcuscato - Vanilla Townie (became the doctor after doc died)
Logic - Bullet Proof Miller
Mestari - Vanilla Townie (became the LD after the LD died)
Freedomsquared - Townie Doctor
DetectableNinja - Vanilla Townie

Analysis coming shortly.

fixed it!
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:26:56 PM
At 9/9/2011 5:21:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Hey! I was a 'nilla too!

opps
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:37:41 PM
DP3/NP3

Grey turns his focus to trying to lynch Lick (better than focusing on Freedom), but participation was not enough to get the kill. Lick claimed a deputy role. This could have been outted as soon as one of the vanillas gained a power, since none of them were actually informed that they were "deputies." The way they worked was that once a power role died, the most active vanilla would take over that power.

Going into NP3, this was a real interesting night. Grey targeted Freedom, rather than Lick. However the mafia were almost certain that grey was going to target Lick so they role blocked him, not that it would matter, as Freedom was protecting himself. They also decided to frame freedom, which worked perfectly as the cop targeted him that night. Since the mafia used their RB on the vig, they choose to kill off the LD (and the first power role was passed to a vanilla).

DP4/NP4

The lynch on Freedom went forward without much interference, it didn't help that Freedom was not able to get on to defend himself, though with long lasting suspicion and a guilty verdict from the cop, there probably wasn't a whole lot that could be done.

During the NP, marcuscato became the new doctor and was quickly targeted by the mafia. He could have protected himself, but he protected wiploc instead. Since grey's role was that he could kill every other night and he didn't actually kill the night before, he was able to make a kill this NP. He targeted Lick (which was good, because the Cop had also targeted her and got an Innocent verdict), which actually saved the town. Mestari checked out Grey's claim of being RB'd last NP and it passed.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:49:26 PM
DP5/DP6

Each DP from here on out was a must lynch for the town. Andro gets lynched this DP. I accidently thought that Randolph got lynched, and so made the story around him. Randolph was the real roleblocked, but had I come back after my mistake and corrected both the player AND the role, then everyone would have known that Randolph was also mafia. So there roles were traded. Not that it mattered, because wiploc, the goon, took over the dead power role, so the mafia as a team didn't lose anything.

Randolph claimed to be the new LD, and Mestari wasn't on to CC. However, given the revealing that there was a new doctor (upon the new doctor's death), Mestari should have known that there was a new LD and that he was probably just not active. He probably should have come right out saying Mestari was found lying about something or another. All the mafia needed was for 1 townie to vote for another townie, and then have the mafia pile out to get the lynch and the win. This did not happen. Mestari did not get on in time to CC this DP, but was on for the NP.

During NP5, Black caught wiploc, and Mestari detected that Randolph wasn't a townie. Not really needed, since he was CCing him, but it was something to cement it. The mafia RB'd and killed grey, though it wasn't needed. They also framed Mestari, hoping that they could get him guilty.

DP6/NP6

I put in my notes at the end of DP5 and Randolph should have come out in the very beginning of this DP that he caught Mestari in some kind of lie to get a lynch before Mestari could defend himself. Most of the town believed that randolph was the LD and so should have had little trouble following this. This also would have worked fine with the guilty cop verdict on wiploc, because the town knew that there was a framer about, and a lie detection is more solid than a cop verdict. Instead, randolph comes out with a soft claim that he found Black innocent. This just gave Mestari time to CC and get the town to lynch randolph.

At this point, the mafia was done.

Over the NP, the mafia killed Black and RB'd Mestari, so the town had no roles to use.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 5:58:08 PM
At 9/9/2011 5:49:26 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
DP5/DP6

Each DP from here on out was a must lynch for the town. Andro gets lynched this DP. I accidently thought that Randolph got lynched, and so made the story around him. Randolph was the real roleblocked, but had I come back after my mistake and corrected both the player AND the role, then everyone would have known that Randolph was also mafia. So there roles were traded. Not that it mattered, because wiploc, the goon, took over the dead power role, so the mafia as a team didn't lose anything.

Randolph claimed to be the new LD, and Mestari wasn't on to CC. However, given the revealing that there was a new doctor (upon the new doctor's death), Randolph should have known that there was a new LD and that he was probably just not active. He probably should have come right out saying Mestari was found lying about something or another. All the mafia needed was for 1 townie to vote for another townie, and then have the mafia pile out to get the lynch and the win. This did not happen. Mestari did not get on in time to CC this DP, but was on for the NP.

During NP5, Black caught wiploc, and Mestari detected that Randolph wasn't a townie. Not really needed, since he was CCing him, but it was something to cement it. The mafia RB'd and killed grey, though it wasn't needed. They also framed Mestari, hoping that they could get him guilty.

DP6/NP6

I put in my notes at the end of DP5 and Randolph should have come out in the very beginning of this DP that he caught Mestari in some kind of lie to get a lynch before Mestari could defend himself. Most of the town believed that randolph was the LD and so should have had little trouble following this. This also would have worked fine with the guilty cop verdict on wiploc, because the town knew that there was a framer about, and a lie detection is more solid than a cop verdict. Instead, randolph comes out with a soft claim that he found Black innocent. This just gave Mestari time to CC and get the town to lynch randolph.

At this point, the mafia was done.

Over the NP, the mafia killed Black and RB'd Mestari, so the town had no roles to use.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 6:02:47 PM
Also, I don't think anybody actually made the link between deputies and activity. I thought it was an attempt to balance the game since we were doing pretty bad at the moment.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 6:09:27 PM
At 9/9/2011 6:02:47 PM, Mestari wrote:
Also, I don't think anybody actually made the link between deputies and activity. I thought it was an attempt to balance the game since we were doing pretty bad at the moment.

No, I was planning that from the beginning, because I wanted everyone to practice using a power role, but I didn't want to give everyone a power role off the bat. So I decided that as one person dies, their power transfers to a vanilla.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 6:10:27 PM
At 9/9/2011 6:09:27 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

No, I was planning that from the beginning, because I wanted everyone to practice using a power role, but I didn't want to give everyone a power role off the bat. So I decided that as one person dies, their power transfers to a vanilla.

I really did try to die!
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 6:38:08 PM
At 9/9/2011 6:10:27 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/9/2011 6:09:27 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I really did try to die!

True story.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:44:04 AM
At 9/9/2011 6:52:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
It was all downhill after the women were eliminated, could have been very tricky.

Sorry guys I messed up. If I wouldn't have done what ore_ele suggested here we might have won. I think the game also might have turned out differently if we killed grey earlier. I think I learned alot though. Thanks all for the game it's fun, I think I might have a new addiction :)
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 11:36:09 AM
At 9/10/2011 9:44:04 AM, randolph7 wrote:
It was all downhill after the women were eliminated, could have been very tricky.

Sorry guys I messed up. If I wouldn't have done what ore_ele suggested here we might have won. I think the game also might have turned out differently if we killed grey earlier. I think I learned alot though. Thanks all for the game it's fun, I think I might have a new addiction :)

Don't worry about, that is the point of the beginner games, to learn these things so that when you get into the more serious games, you know what to do.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 11:39:56 AM
Thank you to Ore_ele for modding & typing that up!! First end game like that i've seen in a mafia game and it was really fun reading the re-cap :)
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 11:49:09 AM
At 9/10/2011 9:44:04 AM, randolph7 wrote:

Its okay. we all made mistakes.. it was a fun game!
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 11:05:10 AM
Not to go digging around for a month old thread but by DP2, Greyparrot was onto 3 of the 4 mafiosos. Surprising how town still lynched MIG. Anyway I was reading through the game and wanted to add my input.