Total Posts:103|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Peter Rabbit Mafia - DP1

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 5:37:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
DP1

Standard rules. The game ends when # of mafia = town or when mafia are all dead.

Active Players
1.Blackhawk1331
2. mattrodstrom
3. Lickdafoot
4. Medic
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
6. socialpinko
7. LeafRod
8. Andromeda_Z
9. randolph7
10. babybaker7
11. DetectableNinja
12. badger
13. Tymon
14. Logic_on_rails

Clue: http://i51.tinypic.com...

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 5:42:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Tymon for pressure. He's new and more prone to make a mistake under pressure.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 7:17:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 5:42:37 PM, socialpinko wrote:
VTL Tymon for pressure. He's new and more prone to make a mistake under pressure.

Agreed

VTL Tymon
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 7:38:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 5:42:37 PM, socialpinko wrote:
VTL Tymon for pressure. He's new and more prone to make a mistake under pressure.

Sure for pressure.

VTL Tymon
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 7:38:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 5:37:06 PM, bluesteel wrote:

7. LeafRod

Clue: http://i51.tinypic.com...

The clue has a branch with mushrooms and/or leaves. The rod is the branch, the leaf is the shroom or whatever it is.

UNVOTE VTL LEAFROD

Obviously this is a vote for pressure not for a lynch.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 7:47:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tymon (3/8)- socialpinko, medic0506, randolph7

Leafrod (1/8)- blackhawk1331
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 7:51:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 7:38:30 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/10/2011 5:37:06 PM, bluesteel wrote:

7. LeafRod

Clue: http://i51.tinypic.com...

The clue has a branch with mushrooms and/or leaves. The rod is the branch, the leaf is the shroom or whatever it is.

UNVOTE VTL LEAFROD

Obviously this is a vote for pressure not for a lynch.

Never thought of it like that. Ok.

UNVOTE VTL LEAFROD
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 7:56:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:24:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not familiar with askbobs other games. Does he usually out mafiosos in cryptic pictures at the beginning of the dp? It seems like a major stretch.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:30:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 8:24:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm not familiar with askbobs other games. Does he usually out mafiosos in cryptic pictures at the beginning of the dp? It seems like a major stretch.

I haven't played his games before. And while the reason is a stretch the clue's all we have to go on for now. Anyways, it's just pressure at this point. It's somewhere to start.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:43:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 7:38:30 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/10/2011 5:37:06 PM, bluesteel wrote:

7. LeafRod

Clue: http://i51.tinypic.com...

The clue has a branch with mushrooms and/or leaves. The rod is the branch, the leaf is the shroom or whatever it is.

UNVOTE VTL LEAFROD

Obviously this is a vote for pressure not for a lynch.

Ooh, I love riddles, as you can tell from my picture, and that reasoning seems sound. VTL LeafRod
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:46:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just looked up his original posting of this game on page 5 of the games forum and he posted the exact same leafrod was not even in the game.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:46:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 8:46:05 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I just looked up his original posting of this game on page 5 of the games forum and he posted the exact same leafrod was not even in the game.

True, but still, a randompressure is a randompressure.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:47:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 8:24:32 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I'm not familiar with askbobs other games. Does he usually out mafiosos in cryptic pictures at the beginning of the dp? It seems like a major stretch.

I played this same game with him as mod last time. We had the same clue on dp1 but it had nothing to do with anyone's name.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:49:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 8:46:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/10/2011 8:46:05 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I just looked up his original posting of this game on page 5 of the games forum and he posted the exact same leafrod was not even in the game.

True, but still, a randompressure is a randompressure.

I pressured tymon first since noobs are more likely to make a mistake. We've established that there is absolutely no reason as of yet to suspect leafrod.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
babybaker7
Posts: 35
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:54:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 8:49:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/10/2011 8:46:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/10/2011 8:46:05 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I just looked up his original posting of this game on page 5 of the games forum and he posted the exact same leafrod was not even in the game.

True, but still, a randompressure is a randompressure.

I pressured tymon first since noobs are more likely to make a mistake. We've established that there is absolutely no reason as of yet to suspect leafrod.

We don't have reason to suspect tymon either. Do we?
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:56:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 8:49:49 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/10/2011 8:46:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/10/2011 8:46:05 PM, socialpinko wrote:
I just looked up his original posting of this game on page 5 of the games forum and he posted the exact same leafrod was not even in the game.

True, but still, a randompressure is a randompressure.

I pressured tymon first since noobs are more likely to make a mistake. We've established that there is absolutely no reason as of yet to suspect leafrod.

Yeah...I see your point.

UNVOTE, VTL Tymon.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 8:59:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Beatrix Potter (the person that wrote Peter Rabbit) was interested in mycology. That's where the mushrooms come from. It's nothing to do with Leafrod, but we can pressure him anyway. Makes no difference to me.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:00:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 8:59:02 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Beatrix Potter (the person that wrote Peter Rabbit) was interested in mycology. That's where the mushrooms come from. It's nothing to do with Leafrod, but we can pressure him anyway. Makes no difference to me.

I still favor pressuring a noob.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:01:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Tymon - 4/8 – spinko, medic, Randolph, detectableninja
Leafrod -1/8 - blackhawk
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:02:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 9:00:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/10/2011 8:59:02 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Beatrix Potter (the person that wrote Peter Rabbit) was interested in mycology. That's where the mushrooms come from. It's nothing to do with Leafrod, but we can pressure him anyway. Makes no difference to me.

I still favor pressuring a noob.

Okay, I get that. VTL Tymon.
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:05:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 9:02:48 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/10/2011 9:00:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/10/2011 8:59:02 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Beatrix Potter (the person that wrote Peter Rabbit) was interested in mycology. That's where the mushrooms come from. It's nothing to do with Leafrod, but we can pressure him anyway. Makes no difference to me.

I still favor pressuring a noob.

Okay, I get that. VTL Tymon.

Ditto. unvote VTL Tymon
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:06:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay--no more votes on Tymon.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:08:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

Tymon - 5/8 – spinko, medic, Randolph, detectableninja, andromeda
Leafrod -1/8 - blackhawk
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:25:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tymon has informed me that he doesn'tt want to play anymore. He's really p1ssing me off right now. Anyways Buesteel, I'd advise you to replace him at this point.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:28:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 9:08:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VOTE COUNT

Tymon - 5/8 – spinko, medic, Randolph, detectableninja, andromeda
Leafrod -1/8 - blackhawk

I'd add to the pressure on Tymon, but there's no real reason to. Still, I'm here if need be to add a little extra pressure.

As for Tymon being a new player, there are a lot of very inexperienced players in this game. If I were to take a guess, Babybaker is the least experienced player as Tymon may have learnt some stuff from Social about Mafia. Of course though, that's no reason to not pressure Tymon as the difference is negligible, merely a point to consider.

Also, I find it a bit suspect that everybody voted Leafrod at the start based on the clue. Just think about it for a second. If we were to keep following this pattern we'd be seeing medics, logic on a rail, galaxies etc. I ask, do you really think this is related to Peter Rabbit.

Nevertheless, it's common for people to just follow others without thinking things through exactly. It's for that reason that I'll currently limit my suspicion to Blackhawk, the one who thought up the idea.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:34:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 9:28:10 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/10/2011 9:08:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VOTE COUNT

Tymon - 5/8 – spinko, medic, Randolph, detectableninja, andromeda
Leafrod -1/8 - blackhawk

I'd add to the pressure on Tymon, but there's no real reason to. Still, I'm here if need be to add a little extra pressure.

As for Tymon being a new player, there are a lot of very inexperienced players in this game. If I were to take a guess, Babybaker is the least experienced player as Tymon may have learnt some stuff from Social about Mafia. Of course though, that's no reason to not pressure Tymon as the difference is negligible, merely a point to consider.

Also, I find it a bit suspect that everybody voted Leafrod at the start based on the clue. Just think about it for a second. If we were to keep following this pattern we'd be seeing medics, logic on a rail, galaxies etc. I ask, do you really think this is related to Peter Rabbit.

Nevertheless, it's common for people to just follow others without thinking things through exactly. It's for that reason that I'll currently limit my suspicion to Blackhawk, the one who thought up the idea.

I agree that Blackhawk looks suspicious, as does Tymon in light of this. Blackhawk because he led everyone away from a legitimate pressure to pressure someone based on an easily falsifiable clue. I also think this makes Tymon look suspicious since if Blackhawk is mafia and Tymon town, he wouldn't mind pressuring Ty since it keeps pressure off of real mafiosos.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:38:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I read through his last installment of this theme and he only revealed one character, a bird who can crap on players he doesn't like. No power though.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:41:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 9:28:10 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/10/2011 9:08:35 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VOTE COUNT

Tymon - 5/8 – spinko, medic, Randolph, detectableninja, andromeda
Leafrod -1/8 - blackhawk

I'd add to the pressure on Tymon, but there's no real reason to. Still, I'm here if need be to add a little extra pressure.

As for Tymon being a new player, there are a lot of very inexperienced players in this game. If I were to take a guess, Babybaker is the least experienced player as Tymon may have learnt some stuff from Social about Mafia. Of course though, that's no reason to not pressure Tymon as the difference is negligible, merely a point to consider.

Also, I find it a bit suspect that everybody voted Leafrod at the start based on the clue. Just think about it for a second. If we were to keep following this pattern we'd be seeing medics, logic on a rail, galaxies etc. I ask, do you really think this is related to Peter Rabbit.

Nevertheless, it's common for people to just follow others without thinking things through exactly. It's for that reason that I'll currently limit my suspicion to Blackhawk, the one who thought up the idea.

Agreed, I was recently taught that splitting the vote makes it look like you're trying to protect someone.