Total Posts:91|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Knowledge Mafia Day Phase 3

wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 7:28:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
== Living Players ==
1. Andromeda_Z
2. Socialpinko
3. mongoose
4. Blackhawk1331
5. bluesteel
6. F-16_Fighting_Falcon
7. Logic_on_rails
8. mongeese

The day phase ends with 5 votes, or on September 13th at 9:00 PM CST.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 7:37:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So it's quarterexchange that died? I don't remember him being especially suspicious of anyone, so I doubt the mafia did it to silence him. Maybe there's a vig or he was a random kill from the mafia.

Anyway, I'd still like to get some answers from Socialpinko. I didn't really get a chance last time, with Matt's lynch.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 7:46:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 7:37:37 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
So it's quarterexchange that died? I don't remember him being especially suspicious of anyone, so I doubt the mafia did it to silence him. Maybe there's a vig or he was a random kill from the mafia.

Anyway, I'd still like to get some answers from Socialpinko. I didn't really get a chance last time, with Matt's lynch.

Quarter was likely killed due to having no suspicions. If a townie dies it gives legitimacy to their views, and the town can then work off that, speculate etc. Killing someone with no real views is a smart move sometimes as it gives us no real leads.

Also, I think we should be sharing our knowledge if it's a smart idea to do so. Ie. My knowledge is the absence of a certain role existing in this game, however there's no reason to reveal this as the Mafia might claim said role. Note: Knowledge =/= role claim.

Finally, I'd also like Social to talk. He's seemed suspect. 1 last thing, I find it entertaining that the Mafia haven't targeted Bluesteel after so swiftly targeting Danielle. Coincidence?

VTL Socialpinko
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 7:48:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 7:46:26 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/11/2011 7:37:37 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
So it's quarterexchange that died? I don't remember him being especially suspicious of anyone, so I doubt the mafia did it to silence him. Maybe there's a vig or he was a random kill from the mafia.

Anyway, I'd still like to get some answers from Socialpinko. I didn't really get a chance last time, with Matt's lynch.

Quarter was likely killed due to having no suspicions. If a townie dies it gives legitimacy to their views, and the town can then work off that, speculate etc. Killing someone with no real views is a smart move sometimes as it gives us no real leads.

Also, I think we should be sharing our knowledge if it's a smart idea to do so. Ie. My knowledge is the absence of a certain role existing in this game, however there's no reason to reveal this as the Mafia might claim said role. Note: Knowledge =/= role claim.

Finally, I'd also like Social to talk. He's seemed suspect. 1 last thing, I find it entertaining that the Mafia haven't targeted Bluesteel after so swiftly targeting Danielle. Coincidence?

VTL Socialpinko

I have a sneaking suspicion that Bluesteel is the mafia.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 7:50:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 7:46:26 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/11/2011 7:37:37 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
So it's quarterexchange that died? I don't remember him being especially suspicious of anyone, so I doubt the mafia did it to silence him. Maybe there's a vig or he was a random kill from the mafia.

Anyway, I'd still like to get some answers from Socialpinko. I didn't really get a chance last time, with Matt's lynch.

Quarter was likely killed due to having no suspicions. If a townie dies it gives legitimacy to their views, and the town can then work off that, speculate etc. Killing someone with no real views is a smart move sometimes as it gives us no real leads.

Good point, I didn't think about that.

Also, I think we should be sharing our knowledge if it's a smart idea to do so. Ie. My knowledge is the absence of a certain role existing in this game, however there's no reason to reveal this as the Mafia might claim said role. Note: Knowledge =/= role claim.

Mine is that the doctor knows a number, which is the number of mafia in the game.

Finally, I'd also like Social to talk. He's seemed suspect. 1 last thing, I find it entertaining that the Mafia haven't targeted Bluesteel after so swiftly targeting Danielle. Coincidence?

Maybe. If Bluesteel is mafia, that would definitely explain why Danielle was killed but he wasn't.

VTL Socialpinko

VTL Socialpinko
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 7:59:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I almost forgot that mongoose could only test statements that were made in the previous DP. I win when all the mafia are dead.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 8:00:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 7:50:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/11/2011 7:46:26 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/11/2011 7:37:37 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
So it's quarterexchange that died? I don't remember him being especially suspicious of anyone, so I doubt the mafia did it to silence him. Maybe there's a vig or he was a random kill from the mafia.

Anyway, I'd still like to get some answers from Socialpinko. I didn't really get a chance last time, with Matt's lynch.

Quarter was likely killed due to having no suspicions. If a townie dies it gives legitimacy to their views, and the town can then work off that, speculate etc. Killing someone with no real views is a smart move sometimes as it gives us no real leads.

Good point, I didn't think about that.

Also, I think we should be sharing our knowledge if it's a smart idea to do so. Ie. My knowledge is the absence of a certain role existing in this game, however there's no reason to reveal this as the Mafia might claim said role. Note: Knowledge =/= role claim.

Mine is that the doctor knows a number, which is the number of mafia in the game.

Finally, I'd also like Social to talk. He's seemed suspect. 1 last thing, I find it entertaining that the Mafia haven't targeted Bluesteel after so swiftly targeting Danielle. Coincidence?

Maybe. If Bluesteel is mafia, that would definitely explain why Danielle was killed but he wasn't.

Precisely what I was thinking. After Social claims Bluesteel follows, then we decide on who to lynch and such. I'm working on the assumption that Matt was Mafia (as opposed to the jester) , which leaves maybe 2 Mafia (we started with 11 people, I can't imagine 4 Mafia - at worst 3 Mafia, 1 3rd party) , so we have to be careful (especially as there's still the possibility of the worst case scenario of 3 Mafia left and Matt was jester) .

VTL Socialpinko

VTL Socialpinko
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 8:05:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 8:00:52 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 9/11/2011 7:50:09 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
Maybe. If Bluesteel is mafia, that would definitely explain why Danielle was killed but he wasn't.

Precisely what I was thinking. After Social claims Bluesteel follows, then we decide on who to lynch and such. I'm working on the assumption that Matt was Mafia (as opposed to the jester) , which leaves maybe 2 Mafia (we started with 11 people, I can't imagine 4 Mafia - at worst 3 Mafia, 1 3rd party) , so we have to be careful (especially as there's still the possibility of the worst case scenario of 3 Mafia left and Matt was jester) .

We only started with 11 players, so I think there would only be 3 people that aren't town. It fits the general 1/4 to 1/3 ratio. 2 mafia and a jester would make a small mafia, so I think Matt was mafia that voted for himself to end discussion.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 8:30:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why are people VTL'ing me? I said that mongoose should check my statements from the last Dp and that the doctor should be on him. Perhaps we should wait to see what he says since I don't want to claim unless absolutely necessary.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 8:36:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 8:30:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Why are people VTL'ing me? I said that mongoose should check my statements from the last Dp and that the doctor should be on him. Perhaps we should wait to see what he says since I don't want to claim unless absolutely necessary.

No one wants to be pressured for a claim, but you have been suspicious for a while now and I'd like to hear something. How about a compromise? While we're waiting to hear from mongoose, you can respond to my suspicions.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 8:38:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 8:36:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:30:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Why are people VTL'ing me? I said that mongoose should check my statements from the last Dp and that the doctor should be on him. Perhaps we should wait to see what he says since I don't want to claim unless absolutely necessary.

No one wants to be pressured for a claim, but you have been suspicious for a while now and I'd like to hear something. How about a compromise? While we're waiting to hear from mongoose, you can respond to my suspicions.

Alright. I know you've mentioned them already, but what are you still suspicious of me for?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 8:44:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 8:38:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:36:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:30:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Why are people VTL'ing me? I said that mongoose should check my statements from the last Dp and that the doctor should be on him. Perhaps we should wait to see what he says since I don't want to claim unless absolutely necessary.

No one wants to be pressured for a claim, but you have been suspicious for a while now and I'd like to hear something. How about a compromise? While we're waiting to hear from mongoose, you can respond to my suspicions.

Alright. I know you've mentioned them already, but what are you still suspicious of me for?

C/P from previous DPs:

"Socialpinko stands out as most suspicious. He wanted to continue pressuring F16, and I thin it's because new players are easier to get lynched beause they don't know as much about the game. He didn't do the same to Matt because Matt knows mafia and would call him on it. When I asked him why he was doing that, his response didn't add up. It's he second to last post on page 12, and it's backwards."

"Also, the fact that Matt is confirmed anti-town isn't working in your favor. You wanted us to keep pressure on a new player instead of someone who wasn't town. If you were both mafia, you would have known that and tried to keep pressure off him."

Also, you didn't seem aware that townies got information in their role PMs.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 8:52:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 8:49:58 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and pressure Bluesteel.

Vote to lynch Bluesteel


Wait! I think SocialPinko's responses to A_Z's questions are really suspicious. He never really answered any of her questions.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:08:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 8:44:40 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:38:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:36:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:30:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Why are people VTL'ing me? I said that mongoose should check my statements from the last Dp and that the doctor should be on him. Perhaps we should wait to see what he says since I don't want to claim unless absolutely necessary.

No one wants to be pressured for a claim, but you have been suspicious for a while now and I'd like to hear something. How about a compromise? While we're waiting to hear from mongoose, you can respond to my suspicions.

Alright. I know you've mentioned them already, but what are you still suspicious of me for?

C/P from previous DPs:

"Socialpinko stands out as most suspicious. He wanted to continue pressuring F16, and I thin it's because new players are easier to get lynched beause they don't know as much about the game. He didn't do the same to Matt because Matt knows mafia and would call him on it. When I asked him why he was doing that, his response didn't add up. It's he second to last post on page 12, and it's backwards."

My behavior towards F-16 is completely consistent with the way I usually play. Even now in the Peter Rabbit game, I've tried to put pressure on Tymon and F-16 again, both noobs because I didn't have anyone else to go on.

Plus, after pressure started on F-16, his actions were extremely suspicious. He not only tried to redirect pressure over to quarterexchange. As to matt, pressure on him started because Danielle thought one of the better players would be mafia. I didn't think that was enough to go on yet and when pressure built up more, I even agreed to help pressure Matt after F-16 elaborated, which Danielle also said.

"Also, the fact that Matt is confirmed anti-town isn't working in your favor. You wanted us to keep pressure on a new player instead of someone who wasn't town. If you were both mafia, you would have known that and tried to keep pressure off him."

Again, I said I would help pressure Matt if and after F-16 elaborated a little on his character claim.

Also, you didn't seem aware that townies got information in their role PMs.

I was aware. Obviously, since F-16's info was a number minus the signficance and yours was significance minus the number, the knowledge people received are of varying kinds. Mine is obviously of a different kind then yours so I was surprised that you would have that kind of information.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:08:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 8:49:58 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and pressure Bluesteel.

Vote to lynch Bluesteel


Reason?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:33:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 9:08:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:49:58 PM, mongeese wrote:
I'm going to go ahead and pressure Bluesteel.

Vote to lynch Bluesteel


Reason?

Because he's highly suspicious right now, and we want to hear what he has to say.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:37:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 9:33:55 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 9/11/2011 9:08:50 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Reason?

Because he's highly suspicious right now, and we want to hear what he has to say.

We? Everyone seems suspicious of me right now. And what specifically do you think makes him suspicious? Do you have info on him that we don't?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:47:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Blackhawk was telling the truth.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:47:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL socialpinko

He didn't know that townies got info in their PM's.

I have a reason that I likely wasn't targeted, but I don't want to reveal that yet. Also, in past games where danielle and I have been town, she's been killed first and I managed to survive until end game multiple times. Having looked over some of the mafia PM's in those games, it seems to be that since I play really aggressively (FOSing andromeda for example this game) that mafia figures I'm making enemies and will get myself killed. In fact, I dunno why I'd FOS andromeda and then say the next day that she's pretty much confirmed if I was mafia. I'd probably continue trying to get her lynched.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:49:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
From this point on, would people please say, "I am neither mafia nor cult" instead of the previous things, so that I don't mix up the mafia and any jester that may still be out there. A Jester could be treated as innocent, as we don't seem to have a night kill and couldn't verify it (without this distinguishment in the statement).
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:51:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 9:08:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:44:40 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:38:44 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:36:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/11/2011 8:30:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Why are people VTL'ing me? I said that mongoose should check my statements from the last Dp and that the doctor should be on him. Perhaps we should wait to see what he says since I don't want to claim unless absolutely necessary.

No one wants to be pressured for a claim, but you have been suspicious for a while now and I'd like to hear something. How about a compromise? While we're waiting to hear from mongoose, you can respond to my suspicions.

Alright. I know you've mentioned them already, but what are you still suspicious of me for?

C/P from previous DPs:

"Socialpinko stands out as most suspicious. He wanted to continue pressuring F16, and I thin it's because new players are easier to get lynched beause they don't know as much about the game. He didn't do the same to Matt because Matt knows mafia and would call him on it. When I asked him why he was doing that, his response didn't add up. It's he second to last post on page 12, and it's backwards."

My behavior towards F-16 is completely consistent with the way I usually play. Even now in the Peter Rabbit game, I've tried to put pressure on Tymon and F-16 again, both noobs because I didn't have anyone else to go on.

It hasn't been established that you are town in that game, for all I know, you could be mafia in both. If you can match your behavior in this game to another game in which you were revealed to be town, then that's a different matter.

Plus, after pressure started on F-16, his actions were extremely suspicious. He not only tried to redirect pressure over to quarterexchange.

That's true, but it's also true that he didn't really know what he was doing. Once he claimed, there wasn't much of a reason to keep pressure on him.
As to matt, pressure on him started because Danielle thought one of the better players would be mafia.

That was only one of the reasons she stated. The other was that Matt was online while the DP was going on but didn't post.
I didn't think that was enough to go on yet and when pressure built up more, I even agreed to help pressure Matt after F-16 elaborated, which Danielle also said.

At that point, she had tried to move pressure onto Matt a few times. You stayed on F16 until there as really no other choice.

"Also, the fact that Matt is confirmed anti-town isn't working in your favor. You wanted us to keep pressure on a new player instead of someone who wasn't town. If you were both mafia, you would have known that and tried to keep pressure off him."

Again, I said I would help pressure Matt if and after F-16 elaborated a little on his character claim.

Also, you didn't seem aware that townies got information in their role PMs.

I was aware. Obviously, since F-16's info was a number minus the signficance and yours was significance minus the number, the knowledge people received are of varying kinds. Mine is obviously of a different kind then yours so I was surprised that you would have that kind of information.

That's not what you said, but okay. If you received information in your role PM, then what is it?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:51:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am neither mafia nor cult

I win with the town

I win when all the mafia are dead
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 9:59:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am neither mafia nor cult.
I win with the town.
I win when all te mafia are dead.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 10:01:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 9:47:05 PM, mongoose wrote:
Blackhawk was telling the truth.

Why the hell did you investigate Blackhawk? Now I guess I have to claim. How many votes are on me?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 10:04:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bluesteel, unvote me. I have four out of five votes on me. Anyways, pressure seems to be sufficient. I am the doctor. I know 3, though not the significance. Assuming Andro is telling the truth, that means there were three mafia to start out.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 10:14:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 10:04:59 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Bluesteel, unvote me. I have four out of five votes on me. Anyways, pressure seems to be sufficient. I am the doctor. I know 3, though not the significance. Assuming Andro is telling the truth, that means there were three mafia to start out.

unvote. I am telling the truth about my information. This is really convenient if you're mafia, you can just say how many mafia there are and claim doctor, but no one has counterclaimed you yet so I don't have much of a reason to doubt you.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 10:23:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
socialpinko, did you receive any information in your role PM besides your role and your win condition?

I'll just go ahead and claim now: I'm the cop. When I investigate someone, I learn their win condition, and bluesteel's is that the Mafia becomes a majority.

Everybody vote to lynch bluesteel.