Total Posts:57|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Knowledge Mafia Postgame

wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:21:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
==Results==
Winners
You win when you get lynched.
blackhawk1331
You win when the mafia become the majority of the town.
mongoose
bluesteel

Losers
You win when all the mafia are dead.
quarterexchange
socialpinko
Logic_on_rails
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Andromeda_Z
mongeese
You win when all the mafia are dead, but only if the third party player loses.
Danielle
You win when the mafia become the majority, but only if the Jester is never lynched.
mattrodstrom

== Roles ==
You are the Forensic Investigator. You know that dead player information is not released at the beginning of the day phase. Before each day phase, the roles of dead players will be given to you. You win when all the mafia are dead.
You are the Jester. You know that there is a Forensic Investigator. The parenthetic statements are his role (You are the Forensic Investigator. Dead player information is given directly to you and is not released at the beginning of the day phase. You win when all the mafia are dead.) You win when you get lynched.
You are the Cop. You know that you are the only player to start out with no other knowledge than this statement. At night, you will be able to target one player and learn the last sentence of their role. You win when all the mafia are dead.
You are the Don. You know there is no Lie Detector role, and that the last sentence of most players' role descriptions is "You win when all the mafia are dead." You win when the mafia become the majority of the town.
You are the Goon. You know there is a Jester. You win when the mafia become the majority, but only if the Jester is never lynched.
You are the Hitman. You know that when you die, the mafia can not kill at night any more. At night, you may target a player to die. You win when the mafia become the majority of the town.
You are the Doctor. You know the number 3, but not its significance. At night, you may target a player to be invincible to night kills. You win when all the mafia are dead.
You are the Agent. You know that the Doctor knows a number that is the number of mafia. At night, you may send one message to one player. It will appear in quotes, but will have no other formatting. You win when all the mafia are dead.
You are the Virgin. You know the number 4, but not its significance. Once in the game, you may select a partner to "marry." You and the selected player will share a messaging thread. You win when all the mafia are dead.
You are the H4cker. You know there is a third party. At night, you may select one living player and a second player besides yourself. This gives all the first player's knowledge to the second player. You win when all the mafia are dead, but only if the third party player loses.
You are the Government. You know there is no Tracker role. At night, you will learn the name of a role. This role will have a 50/50 chance of being a role in this game. You win when all the mafia are dead.

== Role Assignment ==
The roles were assigned randomly using a TI-84's randInt() function.

1. Andromeda_Z - Agent
2. Quarterexchange - Forensic Investigator
3. Socialpinko - Doctor
4. mongoose - Hitman
5. Blackhawk1331 - Jester
6. bluesteel - Don
7. Mattrodstrom - Goon
8. F-16_Fighting_Falcon - Virgin
9. Logic_on_rails - Government
10. Danielle - H4cker
11. mongeese - Cop

== Day and Knight ==
Day Phase 1: No Lynch

Night Phase 1
Andromeda_Z (Agent) sends Bluesteel "You wanted some deductions, so I read the DP over again ad I think socialpinko is acting slightly suspicious. He wanted to keep pressure on F16, and new players are easier to get the town to lynch because they don't know what they're doing. He didn't want to do that same to Matt because he knew he'd get called out on it. Also, check out his defense when I called him on it (second to last post on page 12) - it's backwards! He has his story all mixed up."
Socialpinko (Doctor) protects Socialpinko.
mongoose (Hitman) kills Danielle.
Danielle (H4cker) transfers mongeese's knowledge to F-16_Fighting_Falcon.
mongeese (Cop) investigates Danielle.
Logic_on_rails (Government) learns Jester.
Quarterexchange (Forensic Investigator) receives the role information for Danielle.

Day Phase 2: mattrodstrom (Andromeda_Z, Logic_on_rails, F-16_Fighting_Falcon, mongeese, bluesteel, quarterexchange)

Night Phase 2
Andromeda_Z (Agent) sends mongoose "I'd suggest investigating quarterexchange sometime, he seems to be participating only to the extent that he's in the game, but has nothing to contribute. If I was suspicious for not offering any insight despite posting, then the same would apply to him. This is only if you have no one else that's more suspicious, though."
Socialpinko (Doctor) protects mongoose.
mongoose (Hitman) kills quarterexchange.
mongeese (Cop) investigated bluesteel.
Logic_on_rails (Government) learns Goon.

Day Phase 3: mongeese (bluesteel, socialpinko, Logic_on_rails, blackhawk1331, mongoose)
F-16_Fighting_Falcon marries Andromeda_Z.

Night Phase 3
Andromeda_Z (Agent) sends Logic_on_rails "I don't know that Mongoose is telling the truth about his role, or maybe he's a variant of an LD (insane or something). He investigated Blackhawk and found that the was telling the truth. Blackhawk then claimed jester, which is strange because that's a sure way not to get lynched. If he was town, he wouldn't have to worry about that to the point of claiming jester. If he's mafia or jester, it means something weird is going on with Mongoose. I know you can't respond, but it's something to think about, I guess."
Socialpinko (Doctor) protects mongoose.
mongoose (Hitman) kills Andromeda_Z.
Logic_on_rails (Government) learns Hitman.

Day Phase 4: blackhawk1331 (bluesteel, mongoose, Logic_on_rails, Socialpinko)

Night Phase 4

mongoose (Hitman) kills F-16_Fighting_Falcon.
Socialpinko (Doctor) protects mongoose.
Logic_on_rails (Government) is irrelevant.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:25:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
God damn you Bluesteel!!
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:27:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I was screaming profanities at you guys through my computer screen when I saw Bluesteel claim to be the forensic investigator and manage to trick all of you into lynching mongeese.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:29:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:27:39 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I was screaming profanities at you guys through my computer screen when I saw Bluesteel claim to be the forensic investigator and manage to trick all of you into lynching mongeese.

After this and the soviet game I'm pushing bluesteels lynch every game. ;)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:30:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
WINNARS!

Too bad matt ended up losing. He never mentioned that he needed the Jester to not be lynched.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:31:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The only mafioso who died was bussed. AWESOME.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:34:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Agreed, from now on, no matter how much "proof" Bluesteel provides to support the notion that he's town, we should lynch him just as a precaution.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:37:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:34:45 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Agreed, from now on, no matter how much "proof" Bluesteel provides to support the notion that he's town, we should lynch him just as a precaution.

I almost couldn't believe that they fell for it, but they did KNOW that there was a forensic investigator, they just never that that the real one could have died.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:37:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It's funny because I had mogoose. If town had believed me, then they would have had a much better chance of winning.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:37:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:34:45 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
Agreed, from now on, no matter how much "proof" Bluesteel provides to support the notion that he's town, we should lynch him just as a precaution.

Kind of like the reverse of Danielles current situation.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:39:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Balance
As an exchange for the indirect delivery of dead player's roles, the mafia were vanilla and lost their kill if their Hitman died. The mafia had knowledge allowing them to safely claim one character. If the town pooled their knowledge, they would have had the number of mafia and knowledge of a third party. They could have probably also forced the mafia and jester to manufacture knowledge. This town advantage was countered with the Jester, who (I believe) should have claimed Forensic Investigator DP1 and demanded doctor protection.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:42:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:37:23 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
It's funny because I had mogoose. If town had believed me, then they would have had a much better chance of winning.

Why did you claim Jester?

And town, why did you lynch the Jester claim when the lie detector claim had verified that he won when all the mafia were dead?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
mongoose
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:45:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:42:04 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:37:23 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
It's funny because I had mogoose. If town had believed me, then they would have had a much better chance of winning.

Why did you claim Jester?

And town, why did you lynch the Jester claim when the lie detector claim had verified that he won when all the mafia were dead?

I don't know why blackhawk claimed, but I think the town thought he was a godfather variant who couldn't be lie-detected properly. The jester claim would be ideal to protect him from being lynched, and at that point I think it was established that there was no vigilante.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:46:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Highlights
mongoose claims and gets a fellow mafioso lynched, confirming himself.
The mafia (unknowingly) kill the forensic investigator.
bluesteel claims forensic investigator and gets mongeese, the cop, lynched.
The town lynches blackhawk1331, giving the mafia and the jester the victories.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:47:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:45:57 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:42:04 PM, wjmelements wrote:
And town, why did you lynch the Jester claim when the lie detector claim had verified that he won when all the mafia were dead?

I think the town thought he was a godfather variant who couldn't be lie-detected properly. The jester claim would be ideal to protect him from being lynched, and at that point I think it was established that there was no vigilante.

Why would a godfather threaten his confirmation?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:48:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:42:04 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:37:23 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
It's funny because I had mogoose. If town had believed me, then they would have had a much better chance of winning.

Why did you claim Jester?

And town, why did you lynch the Jester claim when the lie detector claim had verified that he won when all the mafia were dead?

I thought of claiming forensic investigator, but it seemed too obvious. When the guy they trusted as lie detector said I was town, I figured all chances of getting lynched were gone so what the hell, I might as well help the town. As for the town killing me, they clearly weren't putting 2 and 2 together. I would've spelled it out for them, but I saw a renewed possibility at getting lynched.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:50:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:47:37 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:45:57 PM, mongoose wrote:
At 9/13/2011 10:42:04 PM, wjmelements wrote:
And town, why did you lynch the Jester claim when the lie detector claim had verified that he won when all the mafia were dead?

I think the town thought he was a godfather variant who couldn't be lie-detected properly. The jester claim would be ideal to protect him from being lynched, and at that point I think it was established that there was no vigilante.

Why would a godfather threaten his confirmation?

He wouldn't. My move would've been way too risky if I was important to the mafia.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 10:50:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, why did the town not demand of bluesteel the rest of the dead people's information?
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:16:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 11:14:11 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
So wjm, who are the mafia? You didn't specify.

Mongoose, Bluesteel, and Matt.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:25:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:25:59 PM, socialpinko wrote:
God damn you Bluesteel!!

Yeah, I legitly felt bad when you said "you better not fool me again with the same claim." Sorry for fooling you all again.

Although that comment did also make me laugh. As did mongeese's "bluesteel will be laughing at you all at the end."
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:28:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:49:45 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I'm the curious, what about me made me a good target? Was it just random?

Mafia PM, edited for readability

bluesteel:

kill quarter

we need to kill the forensic investigator and then we can lie our asses off, like you can find two back to back guilties, but town will never know they mislynched

Posted by:
mongoose

I think F-16 is the doctor. Andromeda_Z claimed that the doctor knew a number of a mafioso. F-16 knew the number four.

Posted by:
bluesteel

i re-read that - i think it said the number OF mafioso, not the number of A mafioso

Posted by:
mongoose

Oh good, you're right.

Posted by:
mongoose

We'll never know when the person we kill is the forensic investigator. I'm going to go ahead and kill quarter.

Posted by:
bluesteel

yeah but andro can send messages, it can't be blackhawk b/c he got the info on the role, and it's likely NOT F-16 because 1) he's virgin, which doesn't sound like doc and 2) he got the wrong number for the info to be true, so we should kill from the remaining people to find the forensic investigator
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:29:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So basically blackhawk told us there was a forensic investigator, i was able to narrow it down to 3 or 4 people that could be and guessed lucky with quarter.

then it occurred to me later that quarter or danielle may have actually be forensic investigator. I joked to mongoose about claiming it, but we both knew it was a huge risk. But when cop got me, I knew I needed a more solid claim than cop, so I took the risk (at that point, it was 50/50 - 2 unclaimed roles still).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:31:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:50:45 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Also, why did the town not demand of bluesteel the rest of the dead people's information?

I found it odd no one called me on not announcing quarter's info. I COMPLETELY forgot. I was also worried about what role logic knew didn't exist and didn't want to say that was quarter's role. Had you guys asked me about it, I'd have claimed that quarter was obviously town, but i didn't want to give his role in case it caught a mafia in a cc.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:32:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And one last thing - F-16's clue WAS SO GOOD. It gave the number of a mafioso on the active players list. Not any mafioso, the mafioso that if killed took our killing power away.

When I saw the number 4, I immediately thought it was the number of a mafioso on the active players list. I was hoping that it really wasn't, so we could pressure the wrong person, but I couldn't believe when I checked and it was.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:36:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
great job to the mod. I really liked the knowledge concept and the forensic investigator role, although I wasn't too happy that if the Hitman died, we lost our killing power.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:37:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This wasn't included by wjm, but my info was: there is no lie detector. Had danielle sent my info to someone else on NP1, you guys likely would have won.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 1:42:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/13/2011 10:50:45 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Also, why did the town not demand of bluesteel the rest of the dead people's information?

I believe it was due to your posting of the alive player list, yet not mentioning the dead. It made things rather easy to gloss over (town originally thought there was no NP 1 kill for example) .

Also, quite an interesting game wjmelements. Good job modding.

Bluesteel, I must say that you make us all look like second rate town fools! You're schooling us seemingly so easily. You know that in small games you are opposed to me in all but one of my losses?

I think this would have been a bit closer if F-16 had a bit more experience about the number 4, but we didn't think...
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it