Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ancap mafia Dp1

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 7:47:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules*

1. Do not post screencaps.
2. Do not post in closed threads.
3. For your vote to count, it must be bolded.
4. I will only answer questions in your role thread.
5. Do not discuss this game outside of the threads I create.
6. If a player does not post in a day phase thread or misses a night action, he or she may be replaced.

Active Players List

-Andromeda_Z
-Lickdafoot
-Ore_Ele
-Grape
-Mestari
-Quarterexchange
-Logic_On_Rails
-Dogmatic
-Bluesteel
-Blackhawk1331
-Darkkermit
-DetectableNinja

The Dp ends either with either a majority lynch(7), or on 9/18 at 9pm Eastern Time.

*Stolen from WJM's game
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 7:50:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Dogmatic. I've never seen him play before so I'm going to go for a random pressure approach.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:05:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count

Dogmatic- 1/7- (Mestari)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:07:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 7:50:20 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Dogmatic. I've never seen him play before so I'm going to go for a random pressure approach.

I think that's askbob.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:08:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 8:07:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/14/2011 7:50:20 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Dogmatic. I've never seen him play before so I'm going to go for a random pressure approach.

I think that's askbob.

Who would you recommend lynching?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:08:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 8:07:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/14/2011 7:50:20 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Dogmatic. I've never seen him play before so I'm going to go for a random pressure approach.

I think that's askbob.

Ssssshhhh. Juggle might hear you.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:10:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 8:08:58 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/14/2011 8:07:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/14/2011 7:50:20 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Dogmatic. I've never seen him play before so I'm going to go for a random pressure approach.

I think that's askbob.

Ssssshhhh. Juggle might hear you.

Oh, I see what's going on. Sorry!
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:14:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 8:08:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/14/2011 8:07:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/14/2011 7:50:20 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Dogmatic. I've never seen him play before so I'm going to go for a random pressure approach.

I think that's askbob.

Who would you recommend lynching?

I wouldn't recommend lynching; it's the first DP. We should pressure one or two people for a character claim and then vtnl. Usually we pressure new people first, but no one on the list is a complete stranger. Maybe Grape? He's definitely not new to DDO, but I've never seen him play mafia before.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 8:15:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 8:14:02 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/14/2011 8:08:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/14/2011 8:07:43 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 9/14/2011 7:50:20 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Dogmatic. I've never seen him play before so I'm going to go for a random pressure approach.

I think that's askbob.

Who would you recommend lynching?

I wouldn't recommend lynching; it's the first DP. We should pressure one or two people for a character claim and then vtnl. Usually we pressure new people first, but no one on the list is a complete stranger. Maybe Grape? He's definitely not new to DDO, but I've never seen him play mafia before.

By lynch I mean pressure, sorry.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:08:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, I have the worst of both worlds so I'm just gonna character and role claim first. At least if I character claim now, maybe people will see that my character resembles theirs (non-people, unless I'm the only one). Hopefully this proves I'm not mafia.

My character is The Objectivist. spinko says that I can draw from anarcho-cap lit (his examples are Linda and Morris Tannenhill, whoever those people are) and also from more righist lit (his example is Ayn Rand, kind of an obvious one).

Going along with Ayn Rand's Objectivism of rational self-interest, the thing I'm supposed to prioritize (in this game), morally, is my survival. Which is why I'm the survivor.

Claiming DP1 is a standard move for survivor. Danielle did it in panda's game and it has become the standard ever since. I need to claim DP1 even more so this game, since I have a HUGE target on my back from the last two games from the town, so I'm obviously going to be investigated first and third party appear guilty. But also, since danielle is not playing, I'd undoubtedly be targeted first by mafia, which kind of defeats the point of my role, and I doubt doctor will be on me given that i've tricked town twice in a row, so claiming ensures mafia won't target me.

So anyway, keep me alive and I will help with deductions and act pro-town.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:11:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL darkkermit for reporting askbob's account. And for a claim I guess
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:20:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count

Dogmatic- 1/7- (Mestari)

Darkkermit- 1/7- (Bluesteel)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:41:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 9:11:55 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL darkkermit for reporting askbob's account. And for a claim I guess

actually, I didn't get a chance to report that account. Not like I'm the only one who does the reporting.

I'm david friedman.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:49:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 9:41:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/14/2011 9:11:55 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL darkkermit for reporting askbob's account. And for a claim I guess

actually, I didn't get a chance to report that account. Not like I'm the only one who does the reporting.

I'm david friedman.

Hm, you haven't played in awhile huh. You don't have to claim just b/c one person voted for you. But at least you're likely town. Not that finding the mafia helps my win condition, but it ends the game faster I suppose and it's more interesting than doing nothing.

unvote
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:51:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL quarterexchange - he was online but didn't post anything. Plus, #6 is always mafia
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:52:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 9:49:18 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 9/14/2011 9:41:36 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/14/2011 9:11:55 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL darkkermit for reporting askbob's account. And for a claim I guess

actually, I didn't get a chance to report that account. Not like I'm the only one who does the reporting.

I'm david friedman.

Hm, you haven't played in awhile huh. You don't have to claim just b/c one person voted for you. But at least you're likely town. Not that finding the mafia helps my win condition, but it ends the game faster I suppose and it's more interesting than doing nothing.

unvote

Eh, don't see that its that big a deal if i reveal my role.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 9:55:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
blackhawk is also online right now, although if he's trying to hide, he's not doing a very good job (by posting to other threads)
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:01:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 9:51:17 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL quarterexchange - he was online but didn't post anything. Plus, #6 is always mafia

VTL quarterexchange
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:05:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am Karl Hess, Bulletproof townie. Being a firm believer in liberty and the anarcho-capitalist tradition, I refused to follow laws I saw as unjust, even mailing in a copy of the Declaration of Independence to the IRS, telling them I would not be paying my taxes anymore. Even with all this, I was never imprisoned. As such, I am immune to night kills. I win with the town
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:06:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 10:01:09 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/14/2011 9:51:17 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL quarterexchange - he was online but didn't post anything. Plus, #6 is always mafia

VTL quarterexchange

#6 is ALWAYS mafia? Without even knowing whether the roles were randomly assigned or not? I think that's a bit...interesting. But, you've been mafia for the past few games, and while inductive reasoning would tell me otherwise, I have a hunch you're town--but that remains to be seen.

And why the quick bandwagon darkker?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:09:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 10:06:28 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/14/2011 10:01:09 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/14/2011 9:51:17 PM, bluesteel wrote:
VTL quarterexchange - he was online but didn't post anything. Plus, #6 is always mafia

VTL quarterexchange

#6 is ALWAYS mafia? Without even knowing whether the roles were randomly assigned or not? I think that's a bit...interesting. But, you've been mafia for the past few games, and while inductive reasoning would tell me otherwise, I have a hunch you're town--but that remains to be seen.

And why the quick bandwagon darkker?

Pressure greater than 1 is better. It's usually good to pressure at least a few people on DP1.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:13:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I didn't want to give up the fact that I was bullet proof too early, because now the mafia know not to waste shots trying to kill me.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:17:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 9:55:01 PM, bluesteel wrote:
blackhawk is also online right now, although if he's trying to hide, he's not doing a very good job (by posting to other threads)

I wasn't trying to hide, I just hadn't gotten around to this thread yet. I was in the knowledge postgame thread, and the Peter rabbit thread.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:22:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 10:29:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
#6 is always Mafia? Since when has that been a rule? I don't think we should be so quick to believe bluesteel; he played us badly last game, and he might be doing the same thing again. I'd suggest investigating him, but a survivor could come up as either guilty or innocent, so I don't know what good that would do. A lie detector would work most effectively, but we might not have one in this small game. Ultimately, we can either take his word that he's survivor and let him live, or lynch him.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 11:18:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 10:13:27 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
I didn't want to give up the fact that I was bullet proof too early, because now the mafia know not to waste shots trying to kill me.

you could have just character claimed...
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 11:21:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/14/2011 10:29:57 PM, mongeese wrote:
#6 is always Mafia? Since when has that been a rule? I don't think we should be so quick to believe bluesteel; he played us badly last game, and he might be doing the same thing again. I'd suggest investigating him, but a survivor could come up as either guilty or innocent, so I don't know what good that would do. A lie detector would work most effectively, but we might not have one in this small game. Ultimately, we can either take his word that he's survivor and let him live, or lynch him.

I was only joking about the #6 thing since I usually choose #6 and am mafia uncommonly a lot. But that may have more to do with me than the #6.

For lie detector:

I am a third party player. I do not win with the mafia.

if the town is gonna lynch me, at least let me help you catch a few mafiosos first. If I'm good enough at it, the mafia may do your job for you.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 11:25:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't mind having more than two claims DP1, but most people do so unvote - VTNL
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)