Total Posts:365|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 1.3- Mob War DP 1

medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 12:14:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules

No copy/pasting pm's. No game discussion outside the official game threads. Questions will get a quicker response if asked through the role pm.

In order to keep the game moving, each phase will last 48 hrs. but we can allow for some flexibility if there is recent activity. If the phase times out it will mean a no kill.

We will replace those who are inactive for more than 1 day phase, unless they let us know in advance.

Some role actions will be activated in the order received, so get them in quick.

You're going to find that the tactic of random killing can be costly. You may still do this if you wish, but because of the complexity of some of the roles, you may be harming your team.

Once a player is killed, their character name, role title, and allegiance will be given, but not a detailed description of their abilities.

You are all "made men" within your families. This provides protection, as the Don must approve the killing of one of his made men. In return for this protection, you have agreed to abide by the code of omerta (1). Some of you will be given information that requires your complete silence. Revealing this information violates the code, and may be punishable by death, or a complete loss of your abilities. You will be told if information is to remain secret.

Be competitive but play nice, it's just a game. Have fun.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 12:24:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In case you don't know, I love anything involving the mafia. This game is based on 2 of my favorite video games, The Godfather and Mafia 2, as well as the Soprano series. Since Mafia 2 has a union boss, and Godfather 2 has a union strike as part of the game, that allows me to work in one of my other favorite movies, Hoffa. All characters are taken from all 4 of those sources, but most are from The Godfather trilogy. The assigned characters and roles may or may not coincide with the actual characters and their roles. In this game, you are all mafia members, but from two different families. Corleone family is town, and Vinci family is mafia.

In order to get the full dramatic effect from the background story, listen to a bit of Marlon Brando as Don Corleone, in the Godfather, and hear his voice as you read his part of the story. The Godfather video in the above post will give you an idea of his mannerisms, if you're not already familiar.

It's important that you read and understand what's going on in the story. Throughout the game you will be asked, privately, to make decisions that will effect the story, and thus the direction of the game. These decisions will have consequences, and may provide you, or the family, a useful benefit. Some of you will see this aspect in the first day phase.

Background

The Corleone family is enjoying a time of prosperity following their lengthy war with several other families. After eliminating the Rosato and Barzini families, the Corleones took sole control of New York City, and have enjoyed peace for almost five years. This is the way Don Vito Corleone prefers it. A man of honor, Don Corleone is wealthy, but is not a greedy man. He has turned the family's resources away from expansion, and is using them to help improve the communities within the city. The family is loved and respected by the citizens, and even the cops turn a blind-eye to an occasional transgression by family members.

One night, on the north side of the city, one of the Corleone's biggest warehouses is attacked. Four Corleone soldatos (soldiers), and twelve innocent workers are killed, as the warehouse is seized. The family wants to take action, and take back the warehouse, but the Don refuses. He sees this as a small loss, not worth risking lives over. Two nights later, another warehouse falls, along with one of the Corleone‘s trucking companies. The following afternoon the consigliere receives a call from one of the family's most trusted spies, Eddie Scarpa, and calls an immediate meeting of "The Committee". These are the most trusted, and highly ranked members of the Corleone family. The Don begins the meeting, "Gentlemen, Mr. Scarpa has news for us."

Eddie stands and begins, "Thank you Godfather. You're all aware of the recent attacks on the north side. I have confirmed that the Vinci family, from Empire Bay, is responsible. Don Frank Vinci has become greedy, and violated his own moral stand against drugs. He feels that there is much money to be made in our city. The Vinci family has become a ruthless group of thugs, interested in nothing but financial gain. They are without honor. Their specialty is the one thing that we have fought for years to rid this city of. They have taken two warehouses, and a trucking company, and have begun distributing heroine and cocaine to street dealers planted throughout the city. They are being supplied by a Chinese family, The Tongs, and are trucking the drugs in from Empire Bay. "

Eddie continues, "An associate of ours, Henry Tomasino, use to work for the Lucchese family and is good friends with Bobby Ciaro. Ciaro is an aid and best friend of Jimmy Hoffa, the teamster president. With the Don's blessing, Mr. Tomasino is reaching out to Ciaro in an attempt to initiate a strike by the Teamsters, that will shut down the trucking company that was hijacked from us. If this strike happens, Vinci's ability to transport the drugs from Empire Bay will suffer and he'll be out for revenge. Don Vinci plans to take New York City, and expand his drug empire all the way down to Miami. I'm sorry to bring this news Godfather."

The Don stands and walks to Eddie, as he pats the man's cheek, he mumbles, "Don't be sorry my friend. As always, you have done good works. Your continued loyalty will not go unrewarded. Please leave us now, we will be in contact." Eddie knows what that means, a big fat payday. He kisses the Don's hand, "Thank you Godfather", and takes his leave.

The room is silent as the Don turns and walks to the window. He looks out at clear skies as the sun is setting on a beautiful, bustling city, and reminisces about what the city was like when the Rosato‘s were getting rich from supplying drugs. Addicts neglecting their kids, drug dealers on every street corner, gangs killing each other over drug territory. The city was an ugly, depressing place. The Corleone's had changed all that, and helped revive the city, giving hope back to the citizens. New York City had grown and prospered, now this.

With his back to the rest of the family, Don Corleone begins. "I have always forbade you from becoming involved in the drug trade. They are a scourge on our planet, and spell doom for the most unfortunate of our citizens. We have fought long and hard to clean this plague from our city. This is the most unfortunate and egregious act that I can imagine". With a heavy sigh, he mumbles the words that he had hoped he would never have to say again. "Gentlemen…This thing can not stand".

As if on cue, the family members stand and leave the room. There were no questions, they all knew exactly what the Godfather meant, and what they were to do. The time of peace is over, now there will be war in the streets.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 12:28:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A bonus clue will be given at the beginning of the day phase, about a cast member of either The Godfather, or The Sopranos. Guesses should be posted on the game thread. You must give both the actor's name, and the character they played. The first player to give the correct answer will receive a gift, from the zombie double agent, in their role pm.

Bonus Clue: He is a songwriter and musician. He use to play guitar, and in the horn section, with Bruce Springsteen's E-Street Band before taking his first and only acting role, as a mobster.

Now, without further ado, as Tony Soprano would say in his New Joisey accent:
"Let's do dis ting."

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 2:17:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
this is from the sign ups:

1. Randolph7
2. F-16_fighting_falcon
3. Lickdafoot
4.Curious18
5. Blackhawk1331
6. Greyparrot
7. Mestari
8. Man-is-Good
9. wiploc
10. DetectableNinja
11.Wierdman
12. MCDCBC
13.NERDYKILLER
14. Marcuscato

could we get confirmation from the mod that these are the active players please? :)

vtl greyparrot for claiming godfather, going first, and to get things rolling..
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 2:34:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 2:17:57 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
this is from the sign ups:

1. Randolph7
2. F-16_fighting_falcon
3. Lickdafoot
4.Curious18
5. Blackhawk1331
6. Greyparrot
7. Mestari
8. Man-is-Good
9. wiploc
10. DetectableNinja
11.Wierdman
12. MCDCBC
13.NERDYKILLER
14. Marcuscato

could we get confirmation from the mod that these are the active players please? :)

vtl greyparrot for claiming godfather, going first, and to get things rolling..

Yes those are the active players.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:04:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
First, I win with the Corleone family.

@Medic, is the mystery person Steve Van Zandt?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:05:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
He played Silvio Dante, right?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:06:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 3:04:31 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
First, I win with the Corleone family.

@Medic, is the mystery person Steve Van Zandt?

i would type this into my role pm to beat you, but that would be just plain wrong so instead i'll tell you: that goes in the role pm not here.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:07:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
@Medic, is the mystery person Steve Van Zandt? He played Silvio Dante, right?

Sorry, I just realized that I needed both so I figured that I should have them in the same post.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:08:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 3:06:29 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:04:31 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
First, I win with the Corleone family.

@Medic, is the mystery person Steve Van Zandt?

i would type this into my role pm to beat you, but that would be just plain wrong so instead i'll tell you: that goes in the role pm not here.

Well, thank you for the consideration. It does go here though.

"Guesses should be posted on the game thread."
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:13:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Greyparrot's claim seems suspicious...He claims to be the godfather, which is a risky move...

I will pressure him with a vote, until he can clarify a bit more. However, I do want people to pressure him before I do in case if the direction of suspicions is suddenly directed to another member...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:36:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 3:05:53 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
He played Silvio Dante, right?

ding ding...we have a winner. That one was too easy. Check your role pm to see what you won.

http://www.tvfanatic.com...
http://blogs.mercurynews.com...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:43:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 3:36:45 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:05:53 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
He played Silvio Dante, right?

ding ding...we have a winner. That one was too easy. Check your role pm to see what you won.

http://www.tvfanatic.com...
http://blogs.mercurynews.com...

Thank you Wikipedia. Oh, and I recognize him in the second pic.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:57:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Grey is playing jester. Don't waste a lynch on him dp 1. Night-kill him. If he's a jester we, then we don't have to worry. If he's not then he's probably mafia trying to avoid getting killed. There is no reason for a town to claim Godfather and risk being seen as the jester.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 3:58:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Curious18. Random pressure on a player I've never seen before. Noob mafia make mistakes more often than not.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 4:03:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 3:08:18 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:


Well, thank you for the consideration. It does go here though.

"Guesses should be posted on the game thread."

oh hah.. sorry, read it wrong. my bad.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 4:09:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 4:03:38 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:08:18 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:


Well, thank you for the consideration. It does go here though.

"Guesses should be posted on the game thread."

oh hah.. sorry, read it wrong. my bad.

Np.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 4:57:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 4:54:10 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Vote Count

Greyparrot- 1/8 Lickdafoot

VTL Curious18.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:02:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 3:58:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Curious18. Random pressure on a player I've never seen before. Noob mafia make mistakes more often than not.

With all these armed wiseguys running around the city, gunplay is inevitable. Mestari has been shot in a driveby, and taken to the ER for exam. The bullet just grazed his arm, and he will recover quickly. His vote for Curious will not count.

*Note: It won't be frequent, but there are a few situations built into the game where this will happen.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:08:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 5:02:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:58:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Curious18. Random pressure on a player I've never seen before. Noob mafia make mistakes more often than not.

With all these armed wiseguys running around the city, gunplay is inevitable. Mestari has been shot in a driveby, and taken to the ER for exam. The bullet just grazed his arm, and he will recover quickly. His vote for Curious will not count.

*Note: It won't be frequent, but there are a few situations built into the game where this will happen.

More people should VTL Curious. I think he, not Grey, may be the real Godfather. It makes sense that he would be protected by the rest of the mafia, preventing some people from voting for him. If we take out the protector, he'll become an easier target, but as we have no info indicating who shot me, and I doubt everybody can be stopped, we should take advantage and pressure him for a claim.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:13:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 5:08:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:02:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:58:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Curious18. Random pressure on a player I've never seen before. Noob mafia make mistakes more often than not.

With all these armed wiseguys running around the city, gunplay is inevitable. Mestari has been shot in a driveby, and taken to the ER for exam. The bullet just grazed his arm, and he will recover quickly. His vote for Curious will not count.

*Note: It won't be frequent, but there are a few situations built into the game where this will happen.

More people should VTL Curious. I think he, not Grey, may be the real Godfather. It makes sense that he would be protected by the rest of the mafia, preventing some people from voting for him. If we take out the protector, he'll become an easier target, but as we have no info indicating who shot me, and I doubt everybody can be stopped, we should take advantage and pressure him for a claim.

I don't know where you got this from. At all. Curious hasn't posted at all, and it seems kind of suspicious that you're so quick to attack him.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:14:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 5:13:03 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:08:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:02:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:58:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Curious18. Random pressure on a player I've never seen before. Noob mafia make mistakes more often than not.

With all these armed wiseguys running around the city, gunplay is inevitable. Mestari has been shot in a driveby, and taken to the ER for exam. The bullet just grazed his arm, and he will recover quickly. His vote for Curious will not count.

*Note: It won't be frequent, but there are a few situations built into the game where this will happen.

More people should VTL Curious. I think he, not Grey, may be the real Godfather. It makes sense that he would be protected by the rest of the mafia, preventing some people from voting for him. If we take out the protector, he'll become an easier target, but as we have no info indicating who shot me, and I doubt everybody can be stopped, we should take advantage and pressure him for a claim.

I don't know where you got this from. At all. Curious hasn't posted at all, and it seems kind of suspicious that you're so quick to attack him.

I voted for him and got shot. It makes sense that the Godfather has a member of the mafia who protects him in one way or another. Even if he hasn't posted, we should at least pressure him for a claim. Why would a regular townie have this power?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:15:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 5:14:32 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:13:03 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:08:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:02:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:58:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Curious18. Random pressure on a player I've never seen before. Noob mafia make mistakes more often than not.

With all these armed wiseguys running around the city, gunplay is inevitable. Mestari has been shot in a driveby, and taken to the ER for exam. The bullet just grazed his arm, and he will recover quickly. His vote for Curious will not count.

*Note: It won't be frequent, but there are a few situations built into the game where this will happen.

More people should VTL Curious. I think he, not Grey, may be the real Godfather. It makes sense that he would be protected by the rest of the mafia, preventing some people from voting for him. If we take out the protector, he'll become an easier target, but as we have no info indicating who shot me, and I doubt everybody can be stopped, we should take advantage and pressure him for a claim.

I don't know where you got this from. At all. Curious hasn't posted at all, and it seems kind of suspicious that you're so quick to attack him.

I voted for him and got shot. It makes sense that the Godfather has a member of the mafia who protects him in one way or another. Even if he hasn't posted, we should at least pressure him for a claim. Why would a regular townie have this power?

Any why are you so quick to dismiss this plan when our only other options are to random pressure or pressure Grey, who may very well be the jester. At least we have a logical reason to pressure Curious.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:18:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 5:15:23 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:14:32 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:13:03 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:08:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:02:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:58:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Curious18. Random pressure on a player I've never seen before. Noob mafia make mistakes more often than not.

With all these armed wiseguys running around the city, gunplay is inevitable. Mestari has been shot in a driveby, and taken to the ER for exam. The bullet just grazed his arm, and he will recover quickly. His vote for Curious will not count.

*Note: It won't be frequent, but there are a few situations built into the game where this will happen.

More people should VTL Curious. I think he, not Grey, may be the real Godfather. It makes sense that he would be protected by the rest of the mafia, preventing some people from voting for him. If we take out the protector, he'll become an easier target, but as we have no info indicating who shot me, and I doubt everybody can be stopped, we should take advantage and pressure him for a claim.

I don't know where you got this from. At all. Curious hasn't posted at all, and it seems kind of suspicious that you're so quick to attack him.

I voted for him and got shot. It makes sense that the Godfather has a member of the mafia who protects him in one way or another. Even if he hasn't posted, we should at least pressure him for a claim. Why would a regular townie have this power?

Any why are you so quick to dismiss this plan when our only other options are to random pressure or pressure Grey, who may very well be the jester. At least we have a logical reason to pressure Curious.

I'm not dismissing it--it just seemed bizzare to see someone FoS someone who hasn't posted. In any event, I do agree. VTL Curious. Oh, and...

I win with the Corleones (town).
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:18:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/16/2011 5:14:32 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:13:03 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:08:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/16/2011 5:02:22 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/16/2011 3:58:56 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Curious18. Random pressure on a player I've never seen before. Noob mafia make mistakes more often than not.

With all these armed wiseguys running around the city, gunplay is inevitable. Mestari has been shot in a driveby, and taken to the ER for exam. The bullet just grazed his arm, and he will recover quickly. His vote for Curious will not count.

*Note: It won't be frequent, but there are a few situations built into the game where this will happen.

More people should VTL Curious. I think he, not Grey, may be the real Godfather. It makes sense that he would be protected by the rest of the mafia, preventing some people from voting for him. If we take out the protector, he'll become an easier target, but as we have no info indicating who shot me, and I doubt everybody can be stopped, we should take advantage and pressure him for a claim.

I don't know where you got this from. At all. Curious hasn't posted at all, and it seems kind of suspicious that you're so quick to attack him.

I voted for him and got shot. It makes sense that the Godfather has a member of the mafia who protects him in one way or another. Even if he hasn't posted, we should at least pressure him for a claim. Why would a regular townie have this power?

Hmmm...That might seem like a good reason, but I don't think we should be lynching anyone yet...We barely have enough evidence to convict curio, even if your vote and your incident seems mysteriously tied...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 5:19:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am a part of the Corleone family, as a part of the town.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau