Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ancap mafia dp2

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 1:36:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Living players list

-Andromeda_Z
-Lickdafoot
-Ore_Ele
-Grape
-Mestari
-Quarterexchange
-Logic_On_Rails
-Mongeese
-Bluesteel
-Blackhawk1331
-Darkkermit
-DetectableNinja

Dp ends with a majority lynch(7 votes).
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 1:49:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
No mafia kill? I guess we can assume that there is no vig as there is a 1/99 chance that they targeted the same person?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:10:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:06:58 PM, darkkermit wrote:
The vigiliante doesn't have to kill, does he?

It seems like a vigilante would kill in the beginning when it would be harder to deduce anything about who he is based on his target.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:14:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:10:09 PM, Grape wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:06:58 PM, darkkermit wrote:
The vigiliante doesn't have to kill, does he?

It seems like a vigilante would kill in the beginning when it would be harder to deduce anything about who he is based on his target.

at the same time, if the vigilant doesn't know whose mafia or not, then he/she will be unlikely to attack.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:14:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have a pretty significant advantage in this game in that I can figure out pretty easily what roles go with what characters and I'm wondering how ballsy I want to play it.

I am 99% sure that Karl Hess is who he says he is.

I want to know who is Murray Rothbard.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:16:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:14:40 PM, Grape wrote:
I have a pretty significant advantage in this game in that I can figure out pretty easily what roles go with what characters and I'm wondering how ballsy I want to play it.

I am 99% sure that Karl Hess is who he says he is.

I want to know who is Murray Rothbard.

How well known is Karl Hess though in anarcho-capitalism culture though? I've never heard of him. Is it a likely claim?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:16:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:14:13 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:10:09 PM, Grape wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:06:58 PM, darkkermit wrote:
The vigiliante doesn't have to kill, does he?

It seems like a vigilante would kill in the beginning when it would be harder to deduce anything about who he is based on his target.

at the same time, if the vigilant doesn't know whose mafia or not, then he/she will be unlikely to attack.

I also can't think of an ancap who would be the vigilante. I'm not ruling it out, but I feel like there's no vigilante. If two people die next night I'll eat my words, obviously.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:17:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:16:10 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:14:40 PM, Grape wrote:
I have a pretty significant advantage in this game in that I can figure out pretty easily what roles go with what characters and I'm wondering how ballsy I want to play it.

I am 99% sure that Karl Hess is who he says he is.

I want to know who is Murray Rothbard.

How well known is Karl Hess though in anarcho-capitalism culture though? I've never heard of him. Is it a likely claim?

Just go to his Wikipedia page if you don't believe me. There is no other role that makes sense for him.

He is not that well known.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:20:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:17:22 PM, Grape wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:16:10 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:14:40 PM, Grape wrote:
I have a pretty significant advantage in this game in that I can figure out pretty easily what roles go with what characters and I'm wondering how ballsy I want to play it.

I am 99% sure that Karl Hess is who he says he is.

I want to know who is Murray Rothbard.

How well known is Karl Hess though in anarcho-capitalism culture though? I've never heard of him. Is it a likely claim?

Just go to his Wikipedia page if you don't believe me. There is no other role that makes sense for him.

He is not that well known.

No, I agree that the claim matches the role. What I'm asking is if its a suspicious claim or not. A mafia member wouldn't say "I'm Murray Rothbard" because that would be crazy, but he or she could choose a lesser known ancap.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:25:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:20:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:17:22 PM, Grape wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:16:10 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:14:40 PM, Grape wrote:
I have a pretty significant advantage in this game in that I can figure out pretty easily what roles go with what characters and I'm wondering how ballsy I want to play it.

I am 99% sure that Karl Hess is who he says he is.

I want to know who is Murray Rothbard.

How well known is Karl Hess though in anarcho-capitalism culture though? I've never heard of him. Is it a likely claim?

Just go to his Wikipedia page if you don't believe me. There is no other role that makes sense for him.

He is not that well known.

No, I agree that the claim matches the role. What I'm asking is if its a suspicious claim or not. A mafia member wouldn't say "I'm Murray Rothbard" because that would be crazy, but he or she could choose a lesser known ancap.

If he said "I'm Jeffery Tucker, I win with the town" I would be much more suspicious. Instead, he named a fairly obscure person and gave a role that made perfect sense and sounded like something spinko would come up with. I just doubt he's clever enough to fake that.

Any fake character claim is also playing with fire because there aren't that many famous ancaps for spinko to pull from and he's going to try to include the more famous people.
quarterexchange
Posts: 1,549
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:27:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Darkkermit, how much do you think I actually know or understand about anarcho-capitalism seeing that I never discuss it or argue about it in the forums?
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:34:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:25:16 PM, Grape wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:20:02 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:17:22 PM, Grape wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:16:10 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:14:40 PM, Grape wrote:
I have a pretty significant advantage in this game in that I can figure out pretty easily what roles go with what characters and I'm wondering how ballsy I want to play it.

I am 99% sure that Karl Hess is who he says he is.

I want to know who is Murray Rothbard.

How well known is Karl Hess though in anarcho-capitalism culture though? I've never heard of him. Is it a likely claim?

Just go to his Wikipedia page if you don't believe me. There is no other role that makes sense for him.

He is not that well known.

No, I agree that the claim matches the role. What I'm asking is if its a suspicious claim or not. A mafia member wouldn't say "I'm Murray Rothbard" because that would be crazy, but he or she could choose a lesser known ancap.

If he said "I'm Jeffery Tucker, I win with the town" I would be much more suspicious. Instead, he named a fairly obscure person and gave a role that made perfect sense and sounded like something spinko would come up with. I just doubt he's clever enough to fake that.

Any fake character claim is also playing with fire because there aren't that many famous ancaps for spinko to pull from and he's going to try to include the more famous people.

They could try to claim Ayn Rand, but I think she's famous enough for spinko to use.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:35:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Quarter is definitely who he says he is. Any attempts to get him lynched should be regarded as suspicious.

Do we think it's possible that the mafia tried to hit Quarter and failed because he's BP?
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:36:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:35:31 PM, Grape wrote:
Quarter is definitely who he says he is. Any attempts to get him lynched should be regarded as suspicious.

Do we think it's possible that the mafia tried to hit Quarter and failed because he's BP?

It's possible--but why would they try to hit someone who claims BP?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:36:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:34:18 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

They could try to claim Ayn Rand, but I think she's famous enough for spinko to use.

Bluesteel already claimed Ayn Rand (or rather "The Objectivist") which is interesting because it includes both "good" and "evil" characters from the ancap pantheon.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 2:37:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:36:16 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/18/2011 2:35:31 PM, Grape wrote:
Quarter is definitely who he says he is. Any attempts to get him lynched should be regarded as suspicious.

Do we think it's possible that the mafia tried to hit Quarter and failed because he's BP?

It's possible--but why would they try to hit someone who claims BP?

To see if he's BSing? It's just a possible theory for why there was no kill.
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 3:41:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If we do have a vigilante, then with no suspicions, he would attack the bulletproof townie to test him, so either we've got no vigilante or we've confirmed quarterexchange.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 3:47:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Lickdafoot is not town.

I'm the investigator, Gustave de Molinari. Each night I investigate a person to determine whether they are town or not. Lickdafoot is not town. As Bluesteel is likely a 3rd party, it's even more likely that Lickdafoot is Mafia.

VTL Lickdafoot
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 3:49:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I believe that de Molinari is the investigator.

VTL Lickdafoot

Unless someone counterclaims investigator and has a reasonable character claim.
Grape
Posts: 989
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 3:50:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh, and de Molinari is definitely a character so I am not worried about this being made up. If there is another de Molinari, you better pipe up.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 3:59:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Lickdafoot for the same reasons as above.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 4:11:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 2:35:31 PM, Grape wrote:
Quarter is definitely who he says he is. Any attempts to get him lynched should be regarded as suspicious.

Do we think it's possible that the mafia tried to hit Quarter and failed because he's BP?

Alright, I'll take your word for it.

There's already 5 votes on lickdafoot, so I'm going to wait for her to claim before voting.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 4:13:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count

Lickdafoot- 4/7- Logic, Grape, Quarter, Ninja
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 4:21:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 4:13:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Vote Count

Lickdafoot- 4/7- Logic, Grape, Quarter, Ninja

VTL Lickdafoot

Like someone said, Blue already claimed survivor, so it's unlikely she's third party. I'm almost certain she's mafia.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 4:40:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
If we decide to lynch, I'll be here to put one of the last two votes on.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 4:53:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 4:50:29 PM, mongeese wrote:
Well, this will be a fast day phase.

Vote to lynch lickdafoot.


Someone unvote. Mongeese has opened a maf hammer before lickdafoot can even claim.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 4:53:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/18/2011 4:50:29 PM, mongeese wrote:
Well, this will be a fast day phase.

Vote to lynch lickdafoot.


That's 6/7 votes. Should we let her claim first and try to defend herself? I'm sure she's guilty, but we normally let people try to defend themselves first.