Total Posts:59|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Peter Rabbit Mafia - DP3

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 3:38:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
DP3

Night actions have been forfeit for those who haven't gotten them in yet.

Next clues: http://roaring20scush8.wikispaces.com...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Active Players
1.Blackhawk1331
2. mattrodstrom
3. Lickdafoot
4. Medic
5. F-16_Fighting_Falcon (replaced by marcuscato)
6. socialpinko
7. LeafRod (replaced by mestari)
8. Andromeda_Z
9. randolph7
10. babybaker7
11. DetectableNinja
12. badger
13. Tymon (replaced by quarterexchange)
14. Logic_on_rails

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:03:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I wonder why there hasn't been any kills...

Do we have a great doc? Or a nonkilling Mafia?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:23:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 4:03:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I wonder why there hasn't been any kills...

Do we have a great doc? Or a nonkilling Mafia?

yes, it is odd.

does anyone have the role of something to do with biology that knows some information? we keep getting clues about mold and what not.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:39:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I didn't get a story. :(
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:42:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 4:03:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I wonder why there hasn't been any kills...

Do we have a great doc? Or a nonkilling Mafia?

The mafia is a group of pacifists?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:43:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 4:42:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 4:03:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I wonder why there hasn't been any kills...

Do we have a great doc? Or a nonkilling Mafia?

The mafia is a group of pacifists?

They WILL people to die.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 4:44:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 4:43:28 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/21/2011 4:42:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 4:03:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I wonder why there hasn't been any kills...

Do we have a great doc? Or a nonkilling Mafia?

The mafia is a group of pacifists?

They WILL people to die.

Haha, maybe they have only targeted animals and PETA has intervened!
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:12:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 4:44:02 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 4:43:28 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 9/21/2011 4:42:58 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 4:03:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I wonder why there hasn't been any kills...

Do we have a great doc? Or a nonkilling Mafia?

The mafia is a group of pacifists?

They WILL people to die.

Haha, maybe they have only targeted animals and PETA has intervened!

Lol. Probably.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:13:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anyway--today, Medic has the doublevote.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:14:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 5:13:40 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Anyway--today, Medic has the doublevote.

What's our plan for pressure? Wait for the investigators to post?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:15:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 5:14:23 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:13:40 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Anyway--today, Medic has the doublevote.

What's our plan for pressure? Wait for the investigators to post?

does anyone have any suspicions?

its been a while, so i'll look back over dp 2 and see what i can drum up.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:17:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 5:15:59 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:14:23 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:13:40 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Anyway--today, Medic has the doublevote.

What's our plan for pressure? Wait for the investigators to post?

does anyone have any suspicions?

its been a while, so i'll look back over dp 2 and see what i can drum up.

DP 2 ended with people prompting the LD to check out my statement that Spinko and I win with the town and the cop to check for my innocence.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:18:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 5:17:30 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:15:59 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:14:23 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:13:40 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Anyway--today, Medic has the doublevote.

What's our plan for pressure? Wait for the investigators to post?

does anyone have any suspicions?

its been a while, so i'll look back over dp 2 and see what i can drum up.

DP 2 ended with people prompting the LD to check out my statement that Spinko and I win with the town and the cop to check for my innocence.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 5:18:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 5:18:20 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:17:30 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:15:59 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:14:23 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:13:40 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Anyway--today, Medic has the doublevote.

What's our plan for pressure? Wait for the investigators to post?

does anyone have any suspicions?

its been a while, so i'll look back over dp 2 and see what i can drum up.

DP 2 ended with people prompting the LD to check out my statement that Spinko and I win with the town and the cop to check for my innocence.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me.

No problem. I don't have anything to hide.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 6:41:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 5:13:40 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Anyway--today, Medic has the doublevote.

I won't get shot twice for my vote will I??...Wait, wrong game.
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 6:46:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 6:41:39 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/21/2011 5:13:40 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Anyway--today, Medic has the doublevote.

I won't get shot twice for my vote will I??...Wait, wrong game.

lmao...
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 7:43:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think we're gonna find that whoever investigated spinko or mestari is going to come back with a report showing their innocence. They were both just too willing to be investigated, and cooperative, to be guilty. I think we need to turn attention elsewhere. Anybody got any suspicions??
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 8:42:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 7:43:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I think we're gonna find that whoever investigated spinko or mestari is going to come back with a report showing their innocence. They were both just too willing to be investigated, and cooperative, to be guilty. I think we need to turn attention elsewhere. Anybody got any suspicions??

i agree. i guess its worth remembering that spinko was pushing for marcuscato. it's worth it to push for a role claim on him at least, we need some more info. and looking over last dp, he was quite dodgy.

but i'll wait to vote a bit for a potential lie detector or someone to come out with investigative info..
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 9:28:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm not sure why the clues are penicillin and mycology. I understand Beatrix was interested in fungi and plants, but why is it in the clues again? It probably is really important to the theme of the game, but I can't figure out what exactly makes it so important. Any ideas?
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 10:25:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 9:28:05 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I'm not sure why the clues are penicillin and mycology. I understand Beatrix was interested in fungi and plants, but why is it in the clues again? It probably is really important to the theme of the game, but I can't figure out what exactly makes it so important. Any ideas?

Maybe she had uhh...an infection, for which she needed penicillin, and wrote her stories when she was on shrooms??
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 11:09:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 10:25:57 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/21/2011 9:28:05 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
I'm not sure why the clues are penicillin and mycology. I understand Beatrix was interested in fungi and plants, but why is it in the clues again? It probably is really important to the theme of the game, but I can't figure out what exactly makes it so important. Any ideas?

Maybe she had uhh...an infection, for which she needed penicillin, and wrote her stories when she was on shrooms??

maybe whoever plays beatrix is the doctor? in that case, they shouldnt character claim.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 1:24:46 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Got to say, our doc is one heck of a hotshot. I don't think I've ever seen a game with no kills for the first 2 NPs (ie. no Mafia, no vig, no serial killer etc.) . We're going very well currently.

As for my action, I decided to investigate the suspect Marcus, and found that he was indeed a person as he claimed to be. Remember that I'm cross checking stated character types, not new ones (although we got nearly everybody anyway) . While this evidence is by no means a clearing piece of evidence, it does show a degree of truth in his statements.

Regardless, I'm still unsure of our course. We had various tensions and groups forming last DP, yet with no word from our investigators I'm unsure of what to do. I'll wait a little longer before pushing for Social's claim as not everybody has posted here yet, but if nothing comes up I'll be forced to push for a claim.

On the clues, I must admit I can deduce little. I don't get the DP 1 clue at all, the DP 2 clue implies Helen Potter may be one of the Mafia and today's clues refer to the doc saving somebody due to their skills (not that we didn't know it) , and that this is due to a knowledge of mycology.

We need more evidence before proceeding further.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 8:22:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 1:24:46 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Got to say, our doc is one heck of a hotshot. I don't think I've ever seen a game with no kills for the first 2 NPs (ie. no Mafia, no vig, no serial killer etc.) . We're going very well currently.

As for my action, I decided to investigate the suspect Marcus, and found that he was indeed a person as he claimed to be. Remember that I'm cross checking stated character types, not new ones (although we got nearly everybody anyway) . While this evidence is by no means a clearing piece of evidence, it does show a degree of truth in his statements.

Regardless, I'm still unsure of our course. We had various tensions and groups forming last DP, yet with no word from our investigators I'm unsure of what to do. I'll wait a little longer before pushing for Social's claim as not everybody has posted here yet, but if nothing comes up I'll be forced to push for a claim.

On the clues, I must admit I can deduce little. I don't get the DP 1 clue at all, the DP 2 clue implies Helen Potter may be one of the Mafia and today's clues refer to the doc saving somebody due to their skills (not that we didn't know it) , and that this is due to a knowledge of mycology.

We need more evidence before proceeding further.

I know askbob is creative, but it seems odd that you can only detect if someone is telling the truth about being an animal or human. That isn't an accusation of any kind but merely an observation.

As for the no kills, taking his creativity into account, any chance of the penicillin being used to protect us?? I know it sounds odd but seeing some of the things I'm doing in the mob war game, this doesn't seem out of the question. I also remember askbob making one statement, as mod, that I've always tried to remember, "Never assume that I won't do something".

Thoughts or comments??
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 11:23:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 8:22:16 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/22/2011 1:24:46 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Got to say, our doc is one heck of a hotshot. I don't think I've ever seen a game with no kills for the first 2 NPs (ie. no Mafia, no vig, no serial killer etc.) . We're going very well currently.

As for my action, I decided to investigate the suspect Marcus, and found that he was indeed a person as he claimed to be. Remember that I'm cross checking stated character types, not new ones (although we got nearly everybody anyway) . While this evidence is by no means a clearing piece of evidence, it does show a degree of truth in his statements.

Regardless, I'm still unsure of our course. We had various tensions and groups forming last DP, yet with no word from our investigators I'm unsure of what to do. I'll wait a little longer before pushing for Social's claim as not everybody has posted here yet, but if nothing comes up I'll be forced to push for a claim.

On the clues, I must admit I can deduce little. I don't get the DP 1 clue at all, the DP 2 clue implies Helen Potter may be one of the Mafia and today's clues refer to the doc saving somebody due to their skills (not that we didn't know it) , and that this is due to a knowledge of mycology.

We need more evidence before proceeding further.

I know askbob is creative, but it seems odd that you can only detect if someone is telling the truth about being an animal or human. That isn't an accusation of any kind but merely an observation.

As for the no kills, taking his creativity into account, any chance of the penicillin being used to protect us?? I know it sounds odd but seeing some of the things I'm doing in the mob war game, this doesn't seem out of the question. I also remember askbob making one statement, as mod, that I've always tried to remember, "Never assume that I won't do something".

Thoughts or comments??

apparently "beatrix potter" was the last to post in the thread 2 hours ago. i didn't catch what was said.. guess it got deleted. anyone catch it?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 11:41:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/21/2011 7:43:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I think we're gonna find that whoever investigated spinko or mestari is going to come back with a report showing their innocence. They were both just too willing to be investigated, and cooperative, to be guilty.

This. I cannot believe we went in for a no lynch.You wanted to investigate them on a day of their choice? seriously....
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 11:47:41 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 11:23:53 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/22/2011 8:22:16 AM, medic0506 wrote:
At 9/22/2011 1:24:46 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
Got to say, our doc is one heck of a hotshot. I don't think I've ever seen a game with no kills for the first 2 NPs (ie. no Mafia, no vig, no serial killer etc.) . We're going very well currently.

As for my action, I decided to investigate the suspect Marcus, and found that he was indeed a person as he claimed to be. Remember that I'm cross checking stated character types, not new ones (although we got nearly everybody anyway) . While this evidence is by no means a clearing piece of evidence, it does show a degree of truth in his statements.

Regardless, I'm still unsure of our course. We had various tensions and groups forming last DP, yet with no word from our investigators I'm unsure of what to do. I'll wait a little longer before pushing for Social's claim as not everybody has posted here yet, but if nothing comes up I'll be forced to push for a claim.

On the clues, I must admit I can deduce little. I don't get the DP 1 clue at all, the DP 2 clue implies Helen Potter may be one of the Mafia and today's clues refer to the doc saving somebody due to their skills (not that we didn't know it) , and that this is due to a knowledge of mycology.

We need more evidence before proceeding further.

I know askbob is creative, but it seems odd that you can only detect if someone is telling the truth about being an animal or human. That isn't an accusation of any kind but merely an observation.

As for the no kills, taking his creativity into account, any chance of the penicillin being used to protect us?? I know it sounds odd but seeing some of the things I'm doing in the mob war game, this doesn't seem out of the question. I also remember askbob making one statement, as mod, that I've always tried to remember, "Never assume that I won't do something".

Thoughts or comments??

apparently "beatrix potter" was the last to post in the thread 2 hours ago. i didn't catch what was said.. guess it got deleted. anyone catch it?

I didn't but I hope someone did, it may have been askbob saying something about the problems we're having with the clues.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 11:50:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 11:41:21 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 9/21/2011 7:43:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I think we're gonna find that whoever investigated spinko or mestari is going to come back with a report showing their innocence. They were both just too willing to be investigated, and cooperative, to be guilty.

This. I cannot believe we went in for a no lynch.You wanted to investigate them on a day of their choice? seriously....

I'm not sure what you mean by a day of their choice.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 12:04:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 11:41:21 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 9/21/2011 7:43:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I think we're gonna find that whoever investigated spinko or mestari is going to come back with a report showing their innocence. They were both just too willing to be investigated, and cooperative, to be guilty.

This. I cannot believe we went in for a no lynch.You wanted to investigate them on a day of their choice? seriously....

It was not my or Mestari's plan. Some people were suspicious of me and so when I was pressured, Mestari came to my defense. That made others suspicious of him to and so a plan was made for our statements to be lie detected or us to be investigated directly. It was a good plan, either two mafiosos or two confirmed townies. We didn't pick the day, it was just a random Dp where some people suspected us. It seems suspicious that you would say this though. If one of us is Godfather and immune to investigations, then investigating both of us would still doom us both. I think you were against the plan because you wanted my claim, since my affiliation would be determined either way.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2011 12:14:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/22/2011 12:04:05 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/22/2011 11:41:21 AM, marcuscato wrote:
At 9/21/2011 7:43:53 PM, medic0506 wrote:
I think we're gonna find that whoever investigated spinko or mestari is going to come back with a report showing their innocence. They were both just too willing to be investigated, and cooperative, to be guilty.

This. I cannot believe we went in for a no lynch.You wanted to investigate them on a day of their choice? seriously....

It was not my or Mestari's plan. Some people were suspicious of me and so when I was pressured, Mestari came to my defense. That made others suspicious of him to and so a plan was made for our statements to be lie detected or us to be investigated directly. It was a good plan, either two mafiosos or two confirmed townies. We didn't pick the day, it was just a random Dp where some people suspected us. It seems suspicious that you would say this though. If one of us is Godfather and immune to investigations, then investigating both of us would still doom us both. I think you were against the plan because you wanted my claim, since my affiliation would be determined either way.

They were both willing to be investigated. If we have investigative roles, why not go ahead and do that?? Lynching someone when we have the ability to confirm them as townies, makes absolutely no sense, except from a mafia perspective. Plus, having them strongly linked, by Mestari's defense of Spinko, means that if one comes back guilty then they are both mafia.