Beginner Mafia 1.3- Mob War DP 3

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 11:37:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Mob War- DP 3

A new day dawns. As they rise, the mobsters expect their phones to ring with the news of a family members' death. The only call that comes is a report of a failed assassination attempt, on a family member. Though the area hospitals report an increase in injuries from violence, the morgues lie surprisingly empty. All 14 players remain.

Last day phase went by fairly quickly so only one storyline activity was enacted. The Corleone family is now providing protection for the Teamster union officials, as well as the picketing drivers. Today will pick up from that point.

Andromeda_Z has replaced Randolph7

Sciencenerd has replaced Wierdman

Active Players

1. Andromeda_Z
2. F-16_fighting_falcon
3. Lickdafoot
4.Curious18
5. Blackhawk1331
6. Greyparrot
7. Mestari
8. Man-is-Good
9. wiploc
10. DetectableNinja
11. Sciencenerd
12. MCDCBC
13.NERDYKILLER
14. Marcuscato

Bonus Clue 3: This versatile actor had another role in which he played an NFL player.

Still 8 votes to lynch.

Andiamo!!
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 12:38:20 PM
At 9/23/2011 12:22:16 PM, marcuscato wrote:
Wow... 2 mafia games , no deaths for a long time.. gf mafia/vig

Yeah it's weird to see that same thing happening in two different games.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 2:14:02 PM
I am out-of-state right now so I'm going to make this quick. Because I gave out information from insiders of the Vinci family that I was cautioned to keep a secret, a hit was placed on me. I was given the option of either taking my chances or hiding out for an entire day/night phase to guarantee that I am not killed. That is why I was unlynchable and that is why I did not post in the DP 2 thread. I'll address the LD claim later tonight, there's a valid reason for it coming up false.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 2:36:38 PM
At 9/23/2011 2:14:02 PM, Mestari wrote:
I am out-of-state right now so I'm going to make this quick. Because I gave out information from insiders of the Vinci family that I was cautioned to keep a secret, a hit was placed on me. I was given the option of either taking my chances or hiding out for an entire day/night phase to guarantee that I am not killed. That is why I was unlynchable and that is why I did not post in the DP 2 thread. I'll address the LD claim later tonight, there's a valid reason for it coming up false.

you thought you would get killed yet you were immune from a lynching that same round?

does any other townie have immunity?(don't post what the immunity is, just say whether it is specifically for night kills, day kills, or both to help clear up the likelihood of mestaris statement being true) I will say that i was given a certain immunity, and it is for certain rounds, no matter dp or np. It doesn't seem likely that medic gave out an immunity that only works for lynchings unless they are mafia.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:11:51 PM
At 9/23/2011 2:36:38 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

you thought you would get killed yet you were immune from a lynching that same round?

does any other townie have immunity?(don't post what the immunity is, just say whether it is specifically for night kills, day kills, or both to help clear up the likelihood of mestaris statement being true) I will say that i was given a certain immunity, and it is for certain rounds, no matter dp or np. It doesn't seem likely that medic gave out an immunity that only works for lynchings unless they are mafia.

If you have an immunity, I caution you to read your role carefully. If it says you may not reveal that immunity under the code of omerta, that code will be enforced. I promise that you are not immune to a modkill.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:15:41 PM
Sorry, I should have put that in a different post. It was to everyone else, not to LDF.

If you have an immunity, I caution you to read your role carefully. If it says you may not reveal that immunity under the code of omerta, that code will be enforced.

I promise that you are not immune to a modkill.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:34:02 PM

Interesting...so you thought that by doing so would lessen our suspicion of you?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:39:08 PM
I know that we all wanted to lynch Mes yesterday...but I have some information that may prove useful. on even nights I can follow people to see where they go, and it appears that Curious visited Mestari last night.

Maybe there is some truth to Mes' statements?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:40:07 PM
At 9/23/2011 3:39:08 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I know that we all wanted to lynch Mes yesterday...but I have some information that may prove useful. on even nights I can follow people to see where they go, and it appears that Curious visited Mestari last night.

What was the nature of Curio's visit?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:50:51 PM
At 9/23/2011 3:15:41 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Sorry, I should have put that in a different post. It was to everyone else, not to LDF.

If you have an immunity, I caution you to read your role carefully. If it says you may not reveal that immunity under the code of omerta, that code will be enforced.

I apologize for saying too much.

What detectable found was interesting, but we don't really know whether the hit was meant to take place last night, or the night before. or that by him deciding to hide out, there was no hit at all.

mestari needs to tell us if any roles were performed on him.

and Curious needs to come out with an explanation of what role she used on mestari.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:56:40 PM

Time for me to role claim. I am a bodyguard. I covered mestari last night because I figured that there was a chance he was telling he truth and that he is important based on the fact that we couldn't lynch him. My guarding him last night prevented an arrest. Im a little suspicious that an assassination attempt failed, but that could be a totally separate event.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 4:02:32 PM
At 9/23/2011 3:56:40 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:

Time for me to role claim. I am a bodyguard. I covered mestari last night because I figured that there was a chance he was telling he truth and that he is important based on the fact that we couldn't lynch him. My guarding him last night prevented an arrest. Im a little suspicious that an assassination attempt failed, but that could be a totally separate event.

could you elaborate on this a little further? what do you mean by arrest?
wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 4:32:33 PM

Welcome, Randolph and Wierdman.

At 9/23/2011 4:02:32 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Yes, I'm not familiar with the concept of arrest in a mafia game.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 4:53:07 PM
At 9/23/2011 4:32:33 PM, wiploc wrote:

Welcome, Randolph and Wierdman.

At 9/23/2011 4:02:32 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Yes, I'm not familiar with the concept of arrest in a mafia game.

Randolph and Wierdman are the ones who were replaced.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 4:55:05 PM
As for the arrest that I prevented, all I know is that I prevented an arrest.

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:00:52 PM
I am suspect of f-16. He put curious in a position to be hammered in DP1, and he logged on only to get the prize in DP2. He has been pretty shady so far. So I'm going to have to VTL F-16. If anyone disagrees, speak up.

wiploc
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:14:26 PM
VTL Mestari.

- Because I didn't get to yesterday.

- Because if Mestari is innocent, then we get to lynch Dninj and Curious, more than making up for our mistake.

I have to say that there is a lot of new information this morning, but I don't know yet what any of it means. And I have to go now. This move seems safe, right? If Mestari is innocent, then Dninj and Curious are guilty? It seems so to me. This is where I'm parking my vote for the time being.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:15:20 PM
At 9/23/2011 4:58:10 PM, Science-Nerd wrote:
Hi i replaced weird man i win with the corliones

Welcome SN. SN is your new name because I'm a lazy mod.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:20:32 PM
At 9/23/2011 5:14:26 PM, wiploc wrote:
VTL Mestari.

- Because if Mestari is innocent, then we get to lynch Dninj and Curious, more than making up for our mistake.

I have to say that there is a lot of new information this morning, but I don't know yet what any of it means. And I have to go now. This move seems safe, right? If Mestari is innocent, then Dninj and Curious are guilty? It seems so to me. This is where I'm parking my vote for the time being.

I think this is a bad move. I have a feeling that they are all innocent. Curious should have her claim of denying the mafia's request to join them checked.

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:33:57 PM
At 9/23/2011 5:00:52 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I am suspect of f-16. He put curious in a position to be hammered in DP1, and he logged on only to get the prize in DP2. He has been pretty shady so far. So I'm going to have to VTL F-16. If anyone disagrees, speak up.

POP!!POP!!...and Blackhawk goes down, shot in the thy. His vote for Falcon won't be counted.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:43:32 PM
At 9/23/2011 3:50:51 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 9/23/2011 3:15:41 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I apologize for saying too much.

You're fine, you didn't say anything wrong. I just wanted to make sure others didn't say something they're not suppose to.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 5:58:49 PM
At 9/23/2011 5:14:26 PM, wiploc wrote:
VTL Mestari.

VTL MESTARI but for a different reason.... assuming Detectable says only Curious visited Mestari, yet mestari says he was targetted by the mafia. I have reason to believe Mestari is either lying or just mistaken about this point, but Omerta prohibits me from explaining.

Everything Mestari is doing is rather shakey...

VTL MESTARI