Total Posts:288|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Drugged out mafia, Day 1

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:32:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the small Californian town of Edgewood (just outside of Weed, CA) a gruesome murder was stumbled upon by some un-named citizens. Lola (NPC, just to get the story going), the town's traffic/weather/sports/breaking news/anchor/often-stoned reporter, was found in the public park. She had been shot in the back, apparently while trying to run away (lack of gunpowder residue indicates that she was not shot point blank). Just last night, she had reported a story that the legendary mafia gang, the MS-12 (not quite the level of the MS-13, but they're trying), had been looking at taking over Edgewood so that they could control a section of the I-5 corridor for drug traffic. It appears that she may have been right. Most of the town's population decided to pack up and leave. By mid-day, only 21 people have decided to stick it out and fight for the town, and those mafia guys must be part of them.

Currently alive.

Andromeda
Feverish
Lickdafoot
Innomen
Medic
Marauder
Mestari
TVellalott
Headphonegut
Quarterexchange
Detectableninja
Mattrodstrom
Blackhawk
Darkkermit
Curious
Socialpinko
Danielle
LN074246
Randolph
Greyparrot
Bluesteel

It takes 11 votes to lynch. This DP will end Sunday at noon, PST.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:14:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Cool storyline. I win with the town.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:21:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm miller. I just want to say this now so if I get investigated it will be understood why I came up guilty. I win with the town.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:25:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.

This game definitely seems like it's going to be interesting. As always, I don't think we should pressure more than 2 people on day phase 1. I'm utilizing the same logic I always do in terms of who I think we should pressure - which I've been using for the past 3 years and apparently people agree with me because they've used my reasoning in just about every game even when I'm not playing. It should be noted also that I'm pretty good at discerning mod psychology, and I don't think the mod would give a brand new player a decent role (which is why I'm not worried about outing the doctor or whatever when I decide to pressure n00bs). Vote LN074246 for a claim to get things started.
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:33:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town :o)

also I guess if there's a lie-detector it would make sense to check the miller claim.. though I suppose it could be a baiting for an LD check if the mafia were ld-proof..

however it Would be a risky move for a mafiosi the first day.. for there could be an Actual miller in the game.

I'd say Miller claim now is Good and pretty self-confirming.. though if there's an LD it might be a decent one to check.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
ln074246
Posts: 19
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:34:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Following your logic, if the mod did not want to give out important roles to newbies, I highly doubt he would give me the role of mafia.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:35:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ordinarily i would go with a NL on the first DP, but i think this game is a bit more dynamic than that.

I win with the town.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:41:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 10:33:20 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
I win with the town :o)

also I guess if there's a lie-detector it would make sense to check the miller claim.. though I suppose it could be a baiting for an LD check if the mafia were ld-proof..

however it Would be a risky move for a mafiosi the first day.. for there could be an Actual miller in the game.

I'd say Miller claim now is Good and pretty self-confirming.. though if there's an LD it might be a decent one to check.

on second thought I'd say there's actually almost no point of Ld-ing the miller claim :/

if he's not for real.. he's prolly mafia.. which would mean he prolly wouldn't claim miller if he weren't ld-proof :/

I'd say we take the miller claim for granted as of now... I can't figure how else it would be a good fake claim.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:48:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Here's a claim if you want to lie detect.

I am a miller with guns, and I win with the town.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 10:51:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 10:48:05 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Here's a claim if you want to lie detect.

I am a miller with guns, and I win with the town.

lol you shouldn't have said that dumb dumb.

what made you think saying you have guns would be a good idea?

could've just left it at winning w/town... or that you're a miller.

For Townies from now on:

don't be stupid and say more than you have to.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:02:38 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 10:34:59 AM, ln074246 wrote:
Following your logic, if the mod did not want to give out important roles to newbies, I highly doubt he would give me the role of mafia.

I think she was referring to your actual role, not your allegiance. I also notice that even though being the first to be pressured, you didn't say that you win with the town.

I win with the town.

VTL LN074246
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:08:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL blackhawk

Miller is useless first day phase there will most likely be casualties I'd rather be it a useless roll then a townie with an awesome role who refuses to role claim, and miller is also more often than not a fake claim.
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:13:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:08:29 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL blackhawk

Miller is useless first day phase there will most likely be casualties I'd rather be it a useless roll then a townie with an awesome role who refuses to role claim, and miller is also more often than not a fake claim.

miller is often Fake Late in the game..

so early faking a miller claim is a bad move... meanwhile it makes sense to claim it early if you Actually are miller.

Miller claim so early is a good/solid claim that should be considered confirmed barring counterclaim.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:13:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:08:29 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL blackhawk

Miller is useless first day phase there will most likely be casualties I'd rather be it a useless roll then a townie with an awesome role who refuses to role claim, and miller is also more often than not a fake claim.

It's best just to pressure on or two people then move on to a no lynch. As of now we outnumber the mafia and so without any hard evidence we would most likely only be hurting the town.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:14:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vtl LN074246 for pressure.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
headphonegut
Posts: 4,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:16:00 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:13:06 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 9/29/2011 11:08:29 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL blackhawk

Miller is useless first day phase there will most likely be casualties I'd rather be it a useless roll then a townie with an awesome role who refuses to role claim, and miller is also more often than not a fake claim.

miller is often Fake Late in the game..

so early faking a miller claim is a bad move... meanwhile it makes sense to claim it early if you Actually are miller.

Miller claim so early is a good/solid claim that should be considered confirmed barring counterclaim.

is that you backing him up? either way I don't really care if it is a solid claim or a good claim or a good fake claim he's miller which means there's a possibility he's mafia which means it's possible he's against us which means he should get lynched simple.

blackhawk and mattrod
crying to soldiers coming home to their dogs why do I torment myself with these videos?
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:20:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:16:00 AM, headphonegut wrote:
At 9/29/2011 11:13:06 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:
At 9/29/2011 11:08:29 AM, headphonegut wrote:
VTL blackhawk

Miller is useless first day phase there will most likely be casualties I'd rather be it a useless roll then a townie with an awesome role who refuses to role claim, and miller is also more often than not a fake claim.

miller is often Fake Late in the game..

so early faking a miller claim is a bad move... meanwhile it makes sense to claim it early if you Actually are miller.

Miller claim so early is a good/solid claim that should be considered confirmed barring counterclaim.

is that you backing him up?

That's me saying you have no good reason for trying to lynch a fairly confirmed townie.

You have no good reason.. I've said how.. you then state BS reason to try to lynch him.

I'd bet he's town.. and explained why.. You want to have him lynched for bad reason..

either way I don't really care if it is a solid claim or a good claim or a good fake claim he's miller which means there's a possibility he's mafia which means it's possible he's against us which means he should get lynched simple.

no. he's seemingly town.. he shouldn't be lynched given this info.


blackhawk and mattrod
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:24:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Blackhawk is probably town. A mafioso fake claiming miller on DP1 would be risky, as he put an automatic target (suspicion) on himself right off the bat. Only when it is a seeming last ditch effort to appear innocent is the miller claim usually suspicious. Plus, based on the theme of gangs and drugs I assume that there would most definitely be a miller. Unless someone cc's then I don't think we should focus on blackhawk right now. If we start running out of suspects later in the game, we can always go back to him.

Matt - I noticed you agree with my assessment yet have not cast a vote. Why is that? (I think I have an idea.) What do you suggest we do to get the ball rolling on DP1 then?
President of DDO
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:33:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:24:45 AM, Danielle wrote:
Blackhawk is probably town. A mafioso fake claiming miller on DP1 would be risky, as he put an automatic target (suspicion) on himself right off the bat. Only when it is a seeming last ditch effort to appear innocent is the miller claim usually suspicious. Plus, based on the theme of gangs and drugs I assume that there would most definitely be a miller. Unless someone cc's then I don't think we should focus on blackhawk right now. If we start running out of suspects later in the game, we can always go back to him.

Matt - I noticed you agree with my assessment yet have not cast a vote. Why is that? (I think I have an idea.) What do you suggest we do to get the ball rolling on DP1 then?

I usually like to wait to hear people out/see what they do.

Ln is new to the game but hasn't seemed particularly suspsicious yet.. I think it makes sense to pressure her Given noone else seems suspicious.... though I don't usually like to target Random people.. and prefer to draw the beginning out to best get a feel for people :/

I'd say Headphone's trying to push for a lynch of Blackhawk smells like protecting LN from a claim... which makes it all the more likely LN might be a good target along with Headphone.. though it's still slim info.

I see no reason to make it move faster when people are here to listen to... plus you're usually plenty good at moving things along.. I don't need to worry about that.. I need to worry about them moving too fast.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:43:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:32:53 AM, ln074246 wrote:
My name is stacie, and I win with the town, but I have no role.

So you're a vanilla?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:46:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 10:21:42 AM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I'm miller. I just want to say this now so if I get investigated it will be understood why I came up guilty. I win with the town.

in that vein...

I am 3rd party and my role says specifically that I appear guilty to investigators. I win when the cult are all dead, although I have no ability to help bring that about. There is no reason for town or mafia to kill me, since neither benefits from having the cult alive, whereas there is no reason for cult to try to kill or recruit me since I have no abilities that would help take them down.

lol

For the LD:

I win if the cult are all dead.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:48:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:32:53 AM, ln074246 wrote:
My name is stacie, and I win with the town, but I have no role.

did you get any additional information or was that it?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:50:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
town is more than welcome to lynch me if they never find a cultist

if I was mafia, I wouldn't risk claiming that ^^

if I was cult leader/recruiter, I'd benefit more from town not knowing of my existence, at least not until i'd recruited a few people
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:03:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:50:56 AM, bluesteel wrote:
town is more than welcome to lynch me if they never find a cultist

if I was mafia, I wouldn't risk claiming that ^^

if I was cult leader/recruiter, I'd benefit more from town not knowing of my existence, at least not until i'd recruited a few people

I know in the other game, I was mafia with the win condition that I lose if the Jester wins..

Orele might have seen that and mixed up the mafia with such type conditions regarding the Cult this game :/

I'd say VTL Blue if there's nothing better later.. either way it's better than a NL for we'd get info regardless.. and prevent having one possibility of getting beat by a third party.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:07:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vtnl
Claims by Blackhawk, bluesteel, and the new guy with a the numbers in his name are enough. Plus the ld has someone good to test(head).
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:09:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 12:07:38 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Vtnl
Claims by Blackhawk, bluesteel, and the new guy with a the numbers in his name are enough. Plus the ld has someone good to test(head).

If you would VTNL you might as well kill BS instead :P

just in case + there's no reason not to... especially considering he'd win if he survives and cult dies...

No reason not to kill him too.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:10:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 12:09:43 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
No reason not to kill him too.

specially as it could be a mafia with a cult killing win condition.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."