Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Ancap mafia endgame

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:42:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
-Andromeda_Z- Murray Rothbard (JOAT)
-Lickdafoot- John Locke (mafia recruiter)
-Ore_Ele- Joseph Stalin (mafia Godfather)
-Grape- Walter Block (doctor)
-Mestari- Julius Faucher (vanilla)
-Quarterexchange- Karl Hess (bulletproof)
-Logic_On_Rails(Danielle)- Gustave de Molinari (investigator)
-Dogmatic (mongeese)- Noam Chomsky (mafia goon, last say in kill)
-Bluesteel- The Objectivist (Survivor)
-Blackhawk1331- Samuel Edward Komkin III (vigilante)
-Darkkermit- David Friedman (originally vanilla townie, recruited as a goon Np1)
-DetectableNinja (Tvellalott)- Hans Hermann-Hoppe (roleblocker)

Please provide feedback as this was my first game. Also feel free to ask questions or for clarifications on anything not understood about what happened.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:48:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
While the targeting of the town crazy accurate, the mafia had no powers other than the recruiter (who could only be successful on certain targets). We had no roleblocker, no framer, no other night actions that could be done. And the fact that our NK was able to be roleblocked only made us weaker.

While the town had a doctor, a vig, a JOAT, a roleblocker, etc.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 11:58:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yeah unbalanced.

WHY DID YOU KILL ME THEN??? Fine, I predicted 2/4 mafia on DP2, but you had so many power roles you needed to kill. I was the freaking survivor. Now I know how danielle feels...

So you can't complain OreEle; you basically decided to keep one of those power roles alive to get me out of the game.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:00:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I agree that this game was skewed towards to town. Still, Bluesteel has a point with poor mafia decision-making.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:05:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 12:00:15 PM, Mestari wrote:
I agree that this game was skewed towards to town. Still, Bluesteel has a point with poor mafia decision-making.

Yeah, a recruiter makes you crazy powerful. You could have recruited the vig (extra mafia NK), the investigator, etc. It's not spinko's fault you chose a vanilla townie. In fact, there were like 6:9 odds you chose a role with a useful power.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:14:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Note taken, for my next game I should better balance the mafia and townies. Though bluesteel has a point. Townies who could have been recruited were: Grape(block), quarter(Hess), Kermit(Friedman), Danielle(molinari), or Mestari(Faucher). The vig though could not have been recruited.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:27:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 11:58:05 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Yeah unbalanced.

WHY DID YOU KILL ME THEN??? Fine, I predicted 2/4 mafia on DP2, but you had so many power roles you needed to kill. I was the freaking survivor. Now I know how danielle feels...

So you can't complain OreEle; you basically decided to keep one of those power roles alive to get me out of the game.

You called 3/4 on DP2, including Mongeese (which I have no idea how you knew him, I mean, you had the reason for me because of the weekend), and you're very persuasive, even if it is just your word against anyone elses, the town will believe you. Grape was actually defending me to a degree, so that power role was not worth targeting (we figured he was doctor after he survived our NP1 attack).

We also didn't expect that many power roles in the town.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:28:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 12:05:59 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 9/29/2011 12:00:15 PM, Mestari wrote:
I agree that this game was skewed towards to town. Still, Bluesteel has a point with poor mafia decision-making.

Yeah, a recruiter makes you crazy powerful. You could have recruited the vig (extra mafia NK), the investigator, etc. It's not spinko's fault you chose a vanilla townie. In fact, there were like 6:9 odds you chose a role with a useful power.

We were told that the recruiter could only recruit certain people, not just anyone.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:34:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 12:28:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/29/2011 12:05:59 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 9/29/2011 12:00:15 PM, Mestari wrote:
I agree that this game was skewed towards to town. Still, Bluesteel has a point with poor mafia decision-making.

Yeah, a recruiter makes you crazy powerful. You could have recruited the vig (extra mafia NK), the investigator, etc. It's not spinko's fault you chose a vanilla townie. In fact, there were like 6:9 odds you chose a role with a useful power.

We were told that the recruiter could only recruit certain people, not just anyone.

Rothbard, Hoppe, and Konkin could not be recruited because of their strong ethical foundations for anarchism.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 12:42:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 12:34:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 9/29/2011 12:28:00 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 9/29/2011 12:05:59 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 9/29/2011 12:00:15 PM, Mestari wrote:
I agree that this game was skewed towards to town. Still, Bluesteel has a point with poor mafia decision-making.

Yeah, a recruiter makes you crazy powerful. You could have recruited the vig (extra mafia NK), the investigator, etc. It's not spinko's fault you chose a vanilla townie. In fact, there were like 6:9 odds you chose a role with a useful power.

We were told that the recruiter could only recruit certain people, not just anyone.

Rothbard, Hoppe, and Konkin could not be recruited because of their strong ethical foundations for anarchism.

We were told, "but it only works with certain characters who already have a utilitarian outlook. hopefully that won't be too hard to tell once people star character claims."

At the time of NP1, there was only 1 person that had made a character claim, and so we knew that he would be recruitable. We didn't know his role, but it makes sense to go for the for-sure recruit at the time, rather than risk recruiting a random with a lower chance of success.

The mafia wasn't neccessarily "underpowered", but it had all its eggs in one basket, so to say. So when the recruiter was caught and lynched DP2, that was the end.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 8:12:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think that the game was unbalanced for the town. It was good, though. I'm just happy that I got a mafia member with my night kill.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:00:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Did RB'ing kermit stop the night kill?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:19:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What's JOAT?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:20:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 9:19:11 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
What's JOAT?

Jack-of-all-trades, which typically has a one-shot kill, protect, and invesigate
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:20:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/29/2011 9:19:11 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
What's JOAT?

Jack of all trades. I had four one-shot powers - vig, roleblock, investigate, and protect.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2011 9:22:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ahh. Thanks for clearing that up.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
wiploc
Posts: 1,485
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:21:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In my defense, I tell a joke.

That is, an apology should suffice---and I have apologized for posting in the wrong game---but an explanation can properly supplement an apology if the explanation is funny.

For instance, one time I was late to class, and I explained to my teacher why I was late, which I wouldn't normally do, but my explanation was that, once I arrived at the university, I realized that my shoes were in my other car.

The reason I didn't trip to the fact that I was in the wrong game is that I was cast as a mafioso. What better exemplifies anarchistic capitalism than the Mafia?