Total Posts:131|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

New Testament mafia DP1

feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:23:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Standard rules, no copy pasting from PM, please paraphrase, no private communication except in threads started by me.

1. Andromeda
2. M.Torres
3. nonentity
4. DetectableNinja
5. tvellalott
6. bluesteel
7. Marauder
8. Socialpinko
9.Blackhawk1331
10. Medic
11.nerdykiller FTW
12. Danielle
13. Man-is-good
14. innomen

I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way
a voice of one calling in the wilderness,
‘Prepare the way for the Lord,
make straight paths for him.'

8 votes to lynch.
Begin.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:27:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.

The verse from the story is from Mark; I'm not sure if Evangelists are townie characters (my character is not an Evangelist). I'm not sure character claims are really going to tell us much in this game, as there are so many from the NT to choose from, and I'm not sure if characters match up with roles exactly. Mine doesn't seem to. It's very hard not to vote to pressure bluesteel (I'm town, so I assume he's mafia lol). I guess I'll go ahead and vote DetectableNinja, as the one game I'm in with him he is currently MIA and not participating. I dunno if that's his mafia tell or if he's just an inactive player, in which case it's useful to filter those out. I'm not sure if we want character or role. I guess we can start with character, but like I said, that might be useless.
President of DDO
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:40:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.

in my PM fever said there were teams, now i don't know if he just means town team and mafia team or he has something else in mind.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:09:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
There is probably a cult - it's a biblical game after all ;)

Just a few thoughts - The doctor and watcher should be on me. If the watcher is on me, the mafia won't role block me. I'm guessing there is a watcher and tracker in this game just based on roles that I think could be ascribed to biblical characters. I'm sure there are investigators too (cop and lie detector), as well as a doctor, most likely. With the watcher on me, they would also be able to tell who the doctor is that way, and furthermore, it would prevent the cult from recruiting me.
President of DDO
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:18:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 10:09:07 AM, Danielle wrote:
There is probably a cult - it's a biblical game after all ;)

Just a few thoughts - The doctor and watcher should be on me. If the watcher is on me, the mafia won't role block me. I'm guessing there is a watcher and tracker in this game just based on roles that I think could be ascribed to biblical characters. I'm sure there are investigators too (cop and lie detector), as well as a doctor, most likely. With the watcher on me, they would also be able to tell who the doctor is that way, and furthermore, it would prevent the cult from recruiting me.

Is this supposed to insinuate that you have a role worth protecting? :P

Doctor can protect you, it could be a good play. Either you have a powerful role, or you're bluffing, but you'll be targeted as a strong player anyway. If the Mafia were smart, they'd just take out someone who can't be pinned innocent or guilty. Normally, Mafia won't kill big players UNLESS they're town. So I can only assume Danielle will die as Town, so yeah. Doctor should be on her, since if she IS Town, she'll die. However, this is tricky since there's no way to know if Danielle didn't die unless the Doctor proves it (which they can't do this early). Eh, this makes Doctor doubly powerful since they'll not only need to protect the Big Players (who will quickly be targeted as Town) but they'll also know whether or not some of them are likely Mafia (since Big Players as Mafia aren't going to be dying).

I hope we have a Watcher to back up this whole plan, but it's definitely not a guaranteed role.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:20:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At this point, I think character claims only will insinuate roles rather than allegiance. We have no way of confirming what makes Mafia "Mafia" atm, so claims may not be the best idea. However, we can only hope the unlucky bastard who gets killed off tonight will help reveal allegiances. As such, I see this quickly dissolving into the typical DP1 No Lynch, in order to keep Townie numbers high.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Posts: 3,626
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:22:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 9:40:53 AM, innomen wrote:
I win with the town.

in my PM fever said there were teams, now i don't know if he just means town team and mafia team or he has something else in mind.

So does this place you ON a team seperate from the Townies then? Because that would make me a little concerned.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:34:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't think the mafia will target me for a kill tonight. For one thing, they should expect the doctor to be on me. For another, they will probably rely on the "Well she's still alive so she must be mafia" excuse later on. However IF the mafia doesn't target me for a kill on np1, they will undoubtedly try to role block me. I think if there's a watcher (and I can think of a few biblical characters who would be suited to this role) that they should target me in order to ensure otherwise. Also, if someone else targets me (like the doctor or tracker), then if I am not RB the watcher will know that these other people are townies. If I die later and am found out to be cult, the watcher will know that the person who targeted me on np1 was the cult recruiter (if they are not the doctor). That's why I think the watcher on me is beneficial to the town all-around. We have no guarantee of a watcher in this game, but it's a definite possibility.
President of DDO
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 11:31:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just checking in from school. I win with the town. Also I'll help put some pressure on DNinja. VTL DetectableNinja Also, I think a character claim is sufficient as like M.Torres said, we won't have much info on character allignment(assuming everyone doesn't reveal info) until someone dies. Then after another pressure, if we don't find anything we can NL.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 11:54:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 11:46:29 AM, medic0506 wrote:
I'm not crazy about the idea of not character claiming. I'll join the pressure on Dninja for a claim.

Vote?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 12:03:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I win with the town.

I'm a little iffy about pressuring to claim detectable ninja simply because. I do agree with Danielle that it tends to be that either her or bluesteel are mafia. With that logic,one of them should claim.

Sorry for errors, my phone is being retarded.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 12:06:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The doctor can only be on one of them anyway, and they are most likely to die in the first NP. So one should claim, doctor on the one who claims and watcher on the one who doesn't.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 1:53:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
watchers aren't as common as you guys are making them out to be.

Since danielle seems to be claiming protection rights, that means I'm definitely going to die this NP unless I do something (since she and I are the two most obvious NP1 targets). So I'll claim.

I'm Matthew Levi, the tax collector. I tax a vote each NP, so I'm a politician.

I win with the town.

Now mafia has no reason to target me. Politicians aren't useful to the town until the very end of the game (at least not until DP4 or 5), PLUS politicians can be aligned with the mafia or town, theoretically, so the town might lynch me at some later point.

So yeah, MAFIA DON'T KILL ME. Try to kill danielle or the cop or the doctor or something.

VTL detectable - May as well move the game along

If town are all apostles, there will obviously be some that are unused (even with one being a traitor - if there's a mason, watch out since traitor is a role that can invade your PM). Jesus would also be a likely character.

Anyway, if town are mostly apostles, the chance of cc's seems high if a mafioso had to claim early. I wouldn't mind a mass character claim. Everyone always says suggesting this is scummy, but it's pretty useful. Mafia are nearly always found within the last 5 people to claim. If they're not, they risk a cc.

I dunno - by my calculation, there are 6 very likely characters that are guaranteed town. That only leaves 4 more townies that need to be confirmed somehow. Or killed somehow.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 2:07:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A mass character claim doesn't seem very useful in this game when we see the possible claims. I can remember at least 19 people who could be claimed and believed, plus another 7 who would by iffy to claim. Seeing as there are only 14 of us, the mafia will have plenty of fake claims to choose from.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 2:44:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 2:07:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
A mass character claim doesn't seem very useful in this game when we see the possible claims. I can remember at least 19 people who could be claimed and believed, plus another 7 who would by iffy to claim. Seeing as there are only 14 of us, the mafia will have plenty of fake claims to choose from.

That's fine. I'm not exactly an expert on the New Testament.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 2:45:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

ummmmm.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 2:51:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

Cult
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:03:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

Not necessarily. I'm willing to bet that Pontius Pilate and perhaps Herod could also be mafia. Neither of them were Jews. Though the "Pharisees"(if my memory serves right) are most likely at least one mafioso.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:06:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 3:03:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

Not necessarily. I'm willing to bet that Pontius Pilate and perhaps Herod could also be mafia. Neither of them were Jews. Though the "Pharisees"(if my memory serves right) are most likely at least one mafioso.

I don't think fever would make them mafia only because they're Jews, it doesn't make sense. Pharasees, Romans, would be bad.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:09:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 3:06:17 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:03:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

Not necessarily. I'm willing to bet that Pontius Pilate and perhaps Herod could also be mafia. Neither of them were Jews. Though the "Pharisees"(if my memory serves right) are most likely at least one mafioso.

I don't think fever would make them mafia only because they're Jews, it doesn't make sense. Pharasees, Romans, would be bad.

I'm pretty sure that some Jewish leaders didn't like Jesus so much though which would put them in direct opposition to the town. Or perhaps it wasn't the Jews and my bat-sh1t crazy church really did hate Jews.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:14:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 3:09:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:06:17 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:03:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

Not necessarily. I'm willing to bet that Pontius Pilate and perhaps Herod could also be mafia. Neither of them were Jews. Though the "Pharisees"(if my memory serves right) are most likely at least one mafioso.

I don't think fever would make them mafia only because they're Jews, it doesn't make sense. Pharasees, Romans, would be bad.

I'm pretty sure that some Jewish leaders didn't like Jesus so much though which would put them in direct opposition to the town. Or perhaps it wasn't the Jews and my bat-sh1t crazy church really did hate Jews.

The Pharasees were Jewish, but Christ was Jewish, it was Jerusalem, they were all Jewish except for the Romans.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:17:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 3:14:43 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:09:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:06:17 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:03:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

Not necessarily. I'm willing to bet that Pontius Pilate and perhaps Herod could also be mafia. Neither of them were Jews. Though the "Pharisees"(if my memory serves right) are most likely at least one mafioso.

I don't think fever would make them mafia only because they're Jews, it doesn't make sense. Pharasees, Romans, would be bad.

I'm pretty sure that some Jewish leaders didn't like Jesus so much though which would put them in direct opposition to the town. Or perhaps it wasn't the Jews and my bat-sh1t crazy church really did hate Jews.

The Pharasees were Jewish, but Christ was Jewish, it was Jerusalem, they were all Jewish except for the Romans.

Well I knew that. I thought you were talking about the Pharisees being mafia.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:19:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 3:17:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:14:43 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:09:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:06:17 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:03:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

Not necessarily. I'm willing to bet that Pontius Pilate and perhaps Herod could also be mafia. Neither of them were Jews. Though the "Pharisees"(if my memory serves right) are most likely at least one mafioso.

I don't think fever would make them mafia only because they're Jews, it doesn't make sense. Pharasees, Romans, would be bad.

I'm pretty sure that some Jewish leaders didn't like Jesus so much though which would put them in direct opposition to the town. Or perhaps it wasn't the Jews and my bat-sh1t crazy church really did hate Jews.

The Pharasees were Jewish, but Christ was Jewish, it was Jerusalem, they were all Jewish except for the Romans.

Well I knew that. I thought you were talking about the Pharisees being mafia.

I am saying they are likely mafia, I'm just also saying that the Jewish thing is irrelevant.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:20:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 3:17:08 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:14:43 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:09:22 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:06:17 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:03:27 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 2:17:05 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I think the Apostles being town makes sense since this is the New Testament. The Jews would be mafia. I think Judas would be a likely character to act as traitor.

I win with the town (I think).

Not necessarily. I'm willing to bet that Pontius Pilate and perhaps Herod could also be mafia. Neither of them were Jews. Though the "Pharisees"(if my memory serves right) are most likely at least one mafioso.

I don't think fever would make them mafia only because they're Jews, it doesn't make sense. Pharasees, Romans, would be bad.

I'm pretty sure that some Jewish leaders didn't like Jesus so much though which would put them in direct opposition to the town. Or perhaps it wasn't the Jews and my bat-sh1t crazy church really did hate Jews.

The Pharasees were Jewish, but Christ was Jewish, it was Jerusalem, they were all Jewish except for the Romans.

Well I knew that. I thought you were talking about the Pharisees being mafia.

Yeah, it seems reasonable...And I will put a vote on Detectable to pressure him...VTL Detectable
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau