Mob War- Beginner 1.3

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:09:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Rules

Rule #1, hereafter known as Mig's rule. No copy/pasting pm's.

No game discussion outside the official game threads. Questions will get a quicker response if asked through the role pm.

In order to keep the game moving, each phase will last 48 hrs. but we can allow for some flexibility if there is recent activity. If the phase times out it will mean a no kill.

We will replace those who are inactive for more than 1 day phase, unless they let us know in advance.

Some role actions will be activated in the order received, so get them in quick.

You're going to find that the tactic of random killing can be costly. You may still do this if you wish, but because of the complexity of some of the roles, you may be harming your team.

Once a player is killed, their character name, role title, and allegiance will be given, but not a detailed description of their abilities.

You are all "made men" within your families. This provides protection, as the Don must approve the killing of one of his made men. In return for this protection, you have agreed to abide by the code of omerta (1). Some of you will be given information that requires your complete silence. Revealing this information violates the code, and may be punishable by death, or a complete loss of your abilities. You will be told if information is to remain secret.

Be competitive but play nice, it's just a game. Have fun.

Background

The Corleone family is enjoying a time of prosperity following their lengthy war with several other families. After eliminating the Rosato and Barzini families, the Corleones took sole control of New York City, and have enjoyed peace for almost five years. This is the way Don Vito Corleone prefers it. A man of honor, Don Corleone is wealthy, but is not a greedy man. He has turned the family's resources away from expansion, and is using them to help improve the communities within the city. The family is loved and respected by the citizens, and even the cops turn a blind-eye to an occasional transgression by family members.

One night, on the north side of the city, one of the Corleone's biggest warehouses is attacked. Four Corleone soldatos (soldiers), and twelve innocent workers are killed, as the warehouse is seized. The family wants to take action, and take back the warehouse, but the Don refuses. He sees this as a small loss, not worth risking lives over. Two nights later, another warehouse falls, along with one of the Corleone‘s trucking companies. The following afternoon the consigliere receives a call from one of the family's most trusted spies, Eddie Scarpa, and calls an immediate meeting of "The Committee". These are the most trusted, and highly ranked members of the Corleone family. The Don begins the meeting, "Gentlemen, Mr. Scarpa has news for us."

Eddie stands and begins, "Thank you Godfather. You're all aware of the recent attacks on the north side. I have confirmed that the Vinci family, from Empire Bay, is responsible. Don Frank Vinci has become greedy, and violated his own moral stand against drugs. He feels that there is much money to be made in our city. The Vinci family has become a ruthless group of thugs, interested in nothing but financial gain. They are without honor. Their specialty is the one thing that we have fought for years to rid this city of. They have taken two warehouses, and a trucking company, and have begun distributing heroine and cocaine to street dealers planted throughout the city. They are being supplied by a Chinese family, The Tongs, and are trucking the drugs in from Empire Bay. "

Eddie continues, "An associate of ours, Henry Tomasino, use to work for the Lucchese family and is good friends with Bobby Ciaro. Ciaro is an aid and best friend of Jimmy Hoffa, the teamster president. With the Don's blessing, Mr. Tomasino is reaching out to Ciaro in an attempt to initiate a strike by the Teamsters, that will shut down the trucking company that was hijacked from us. If this strike happens, Vinci's ability to transport the drugs from Empire Bay will suffer and he'll be out for revenge. Don Vinci plans to take New York City, and expand his drug empire all the way down to Miami. I'm sorry to bring this news Godfather."

The Don stands and walks to Eddie, as he pats the man's cheek, he mumbles, "Don't be sorry my friend. As always, you have done good works. Your continued loyalty will not go unrewarded. Please leave us now, we will be in contact." Eddie knows what that means, a big fat payday. He kisses the Don's hand, "Thank you Godfather", and takes his leave.

The room is silent as the Don turns and walks to the window. He looks out at clear skies as the sun is setting on a beautiful, bustling city, and reminisces about what the city was like when the Rosato‘s were getting rich from supplying drugs. Addicts neglecting their kids, drug dealers on every street corner, gangs killing each other over drug territory. The city was an ugly, depressing place. The Corleone's had changed all that, and helped revive the city, giving hope back to the citizens. New York City had grown and prospered, now this.

With his back to the rest of the family, Don Corleone begins. "I have always forbade you from becoming involved in the drug trade. They are a scourge on our planet, and spell doom for the most unfortunate of our citizens. We have fought long and hard to clean this plague from our city. This is the most unfortunate and egregious act that I can imagine". With a heavy sigh, he mumbles the words that he had hoped he would never have to say again. "Gentlemen…This thing can not stand".

As if on cue, the family members stand and leave the room. There were no questions, they all knew exactly what the Godfather meant, and what they were to do. The time of peace is over, now there will be war in the streets.

Active players

1. Andromeda_Z
2. F-16 Falcon
3. Lickdafoot
4. Curious18
5. Quarterexchange
6. Greyparrot
7. Mestari
8. Man-is-good
9. Marcuscato
10. Detectable Ninja
11. Blackhawk1331
12. Nerdykiller
13. Randolph7
14. Innomen
15. Logic_On_Rails

Now, without further ado, as Tony Soprano would say in his New Joisey accent:
"Let's do dis ting."

It takes 8 votes to lynch.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:40:09 PM
At 10/4/2011 3:39:29 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Awesome, the great innomen is here! to mix it up!

Should be a fun time

I agree....But what should we do?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:42:36 PM
I can win with both sides if reasoned with...

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:43:19 PM
At 10/4/2011 3:42:36 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Oh no another one of those darn flip-floppers!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:43:35 PM
I can help the other towns win if reasoned with...

Oops...I changed my statement. Note that a member cannot win with both sides...

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:47:01 PM

Are mods allowed to *facepalm* in the game thread??
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:47:55 PM
At 10/4/2011 3:47:01 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I take that as "Oh god, you shouldn't have stated that!!!"

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:48:35 PM
I win with the town.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:52:25 PM
Ah Grey, I got you there! It's funny seeing Polly lose himself at a joke like mine. I belong to a specific family, and I follow my chief's orders very specifically...

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:54:52 PM
At 10/4/2011 3:47:55 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Lol. vtl Man-Is-Good

so you are in a position where you can win with either side, yet in the last game you flip flopped back and forth between the two. how can we be sure you will help the town?

I win with the town and I win with the Corleones.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:56:41 PM
At 10/4/2011 3:54:52 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Lol. vtl Man-Is-Good

so you are in a position where you can win with either side, yet in the last game you flip flopped back and forth between the two. how can we be sure you will help the town?
I am in a different role, so please don't judge me based on my action of the last game...

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 3:59:44 PM
At 10/4/2011 3:56:41 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Lol. vtl Man-Is-Good

I am in a different role, so please don't judge me based on my action of the last game...
And to note that I was joking a bit...After all, having seen my own conduct in the last game, I did joke and often try to effect a serious mood even when I was joking...

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:01:55 PM

Lol. vtl Man-Is-Good

you have a different role this time, but the decision to change sides is more-so personality driven than role driven. i still think what you said is fishy, what do you mean by "i can help the other towns" ? there is one town and one mafia...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:03:45 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:01:55 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Lol. vtl Man-Is-Good

you have a different role this time, but the decision to change sides is more-so personality driven than role driven. i still think what you said is fishy, what do you mean by "i can help the other towns" ? there is one town and one mafia...

Oh, that must have been a mistake...(looks at spelling book) I probably just meant town...I have a habit of writing sloppily when I am rushing...

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:06:13 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:03:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Lol. vtl Man-Is-Good

Oh, that must have been a mistake...(looks at spelling book) I probably just meant town...I have a habit of writing sloppily when I am rushing...

k, so you can help either side, and win with whoever you decide to help?
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:07:14 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:06:13 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 10/4/2011 4:03:45 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

Lol. vtl Man-Is-Good

k, so you can help either side, and win with whoever you decide to help?

Actually, I was being a bit unclear...I can't easily win with the other side...but yes to the first part...

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:07:18 PM
At 10/4/2011 3:52:25 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Ah Grey, I got you there! It's funny seeing Polly lose himself at a joke like mine. I belong to a specific family, and I follow my chief's orders very specifically...

I see you want to best My first post last game where I claimed GF lol!
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:07:53 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:07:18 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/4/2011 3:52:25 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I see you want to best My first post last game where I claimed GF lol!

Hehehe....To be honest, that's correct!!!

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:09:43 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:08:36 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Okay that last thing you said needs serious clarification

VTL MIG

Oh, goddarnit! Just a few steps closer to the gallows!

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:10:05 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:07:14 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Actually, I was being a bit unclear...I can't easily win with the other side...but yes to the first part...

uhh. if thats not a mafia statement, i don't know what is..
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:10:57 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:10:05 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

What??? I was being unclear/joking (hehehe), but not a mafia!

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:12:46 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:10:57 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

And besides, how logical is it for a mafia member to claim a third party role in the game in the first place?

Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:13:58 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:12:46 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

And besides, how logical is it for a mafia member to claim a third party role in the game in the first place?

Bluesteel does that all the time.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:14:47 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:13:58 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

Bluesteel does that all the time.
I am not Bluesteel, and I don't have the capacity to either deceive others as Bluesteel...

Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:16:34 PM

okay. so spit it out. clearly this time. also, "i can't easily win with the other side" and "I belong to a specific family, and I follow my chief's orders very specifically...
" would denote that you aren't third party. so you just claimed third party at first to get out of saying "i win with the town" and are now fudging up your defense
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:18:43 PM
At 10/4/2011 4:16:34 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

okay. so spit it out. clearly this time. also, "i can't easily win with the other side" and "I belong to a specific family, and I follow my chief's orders very specifically...
" would denote that you aren't third party. s
o you just claimed third party at first to get out of saying "i win with the town" and are now fudging up your defense

Interesting approach. And yes, I am doing what you are describing...Lickdafoot.

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 4:18:47 PM
Been catching up on all the Mafia games I'm a replacement for, that's why I haven't posted here yet.

I win with the Corleone family.

I'll be fairly brief, but as this is a beginner game you should be looking for power roles on the beginners, as they are the ones who are meant to be learning. Medic even specifically stated this to me. Put simply, let's play smart and not develop a one track mind towards experienced players.

On a game note, anything that involves potential town / Mafia switching is dangerous.

VTL MIG
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it