Jump to topic:

Drugged out mafia, Day 2

Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 6:00:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The sun rises and the crows continue to puff on their corn pipes. A police car, on the side of the road with its lights on draws the attention of the townfolk. Inside, they find Paul, spattered with bullets. Paul was the local traffic cop. Sure, he ate 13 donuts for every ticket he wrote, and he probably doesn't have the energy to finish a 50 meter walk, and I probably took his name from the movie Paul Blart Mall Cop, but he was a valued member of this community and well loved. He will be missed.

When asked around, everyone seems to have an alibi. Whether it was Sean and Patrick hanging out for the first time, or Bobby, Jose, and Liz hanging out at the local bar talking about what they did all day. It seems that everyone checked out fine.

Now pushing up cannabis plants

TV - Paul the traffic cop, townie. Each NP you may pull over one player and get their ID and learn their character name. If the person is under the influence, they will automatically be arrested and held over night (Role Blocked). If given Shrooms, you become an Off duty officer, since it would make for one bad trip for those sirens to go off while on shrooms. You may not be targeted by any other roles. If given Crack or Heroin, you arrest the dealer and place them in prison (they are silenced the rest of the DP). If offered the special drug, you become a vigilante.

Still alive

Andromeda
Feverish
Lickdafoot
Innomen
Medic
Marauder
Mestari
Headphonegut
Quarterexchange
Ninja (Replaced by Logic_on_rails at Ninja's request)
Mattrodstrom
Blackhawk
Darkkermit
Curious
Socialpinko
Danielle
LN074246
Randolph
Greyparrot
Bluesteel

This DP will last until Thursay 4 pm PST. It takes 11 votes to lynch.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 6:04:03 PM
Ok, I was thinking that drug dealers are probably the mafia if the mob members are an invading group. I say this because from what I've heard, the mafia (irl) don't tend to like drug dealers, and try to get rid of them.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 6:28:08 PM
I win with the town. I guess we should wait to see if an investigater found something.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 6:42:56 PM
Just a thought, but I'm most suspicious of danielle. I understand that she thinks her and bluesteel have to play differently but seriously it did sound like she protested a little too much. What was the great interest in saving a third party? Semi-helpful, if BS it to believed.

VTL danielle
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 6:55:01 PM
At 10/4/2011 6:42:56 PM, randolph7 wrote:
Just a thought, but I'm most suspicious of danielle. I understand that she thinks her and bluesteel have to play differently but seriously it did sound like she protested a little too much. What was the great interest in saving a third party? Semi-helpful, if BS it to believed.

VTL danielle

Her reasoning was that his win conditions were not anti-town, he could help us in exchange for us not lynching him, and the mafia will likely lynch him later just like they did in the AncaP game, thus making them waste a kill that doesn't really hurt us.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 7:22:14 PM
It's good to be feared. Avenge me town.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 7:51:38 PM
At 10/4/2011 6:55:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/4/2011 6:42:56 PM, randolph7 wrote:

VTL danielle

Her reasoning was that his win conditions were not anti-town, he could help us in exchange for us not lynching him, and the mafia will likely lynch him later just like they did in the AncaP game, thus making them waste a kill that doesn't really hurt us.

And I follow her reasoning however she seemed overly defensive and I thought a claim would be a good place to start this DP.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 8:27:47 PM
At 10/4/2011 7:22:14 PM, tvellalott wrote:

TV hasn't been around alot lately so most of us newer players wouldn't know that he's a threat. Who has been around long enough to have played against him, and would know that they need to get him off the board first??
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:20:34 PM
At 10/4/2011 8:27:47 PM, medic0506 wrote:

TV hasn't been around alot lately so most of us newer players wouldn't know that he's a threat. Who has been around long enough to have played against him, and would know that they need to get him off the board first??

he fooled a lot of players pretty badly when he and I were mafia in askbob's fakelore game, when tvellalot fake claimed day cop. I think detectable, quarter, spinko, and andromeda all played that game.

The only other players that have definitely played with tv are feverish, me and danielle.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:24:46 PM
At 10/4/2011 9:20:34 PM, bluesteel wrote:

he fooled a lot of players pretty badly when he and I were mafia in askbob's fakelore game, when tvellalot fake claimed day cop. I think detectable, quarter, spinko, and andromeda all played that game.

The only other players that have definitely played with tv are feverish, me and danielle.

I think he's joking. TV's dead.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:27:13 PM
Personally I don't think danielle adamantly defending me makes her seem guilty. It's just that you guys don't understand how frustrating it is to always be targeted. danielle understands that even better than I do.

She also happens to be right. It's good game strategy not to kill off 3rd party. They are more of an annoyance to mafia, generally, than town. The mafia still has to kill me or an extra townie now to gain the majority, since you guys didn't lynch me. Some of you (ahem, matt) seem to be obsessed with "giving 3rd party the win." Some mods don't even treat survivor that way, but regardless, if you play enough games, you realize that 3rd party are unimportant.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:28:39 PM
At 10/4/2011 9:24:46 PM, randolph7 wrote:

He was implying that it was likely the mafia must contain someone who knows who tvellalot is, which actually doesn't narrow things down much, but it was an interesting thing to point out.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:29:03 PM

That's the entire point of acquiring this list of players... It sounds like you are trying to cover up for someone.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:31:59 PM
At 10/4/2011 9:29:03 PM, Mestari wrote:

That's the entire point of acquiring this list of players... It sounds like you are trying to cover up for someone.

Me? Because I thought his reference to "fear me" was humor?
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:38:10 PM
someone was attacked by badgers :/

?
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:54:26 PM
At 10/4/2011 9:38:10 PM, mattrodstrom wrote:
someone was attacked by badgers :/

And they took his pizza. I guess its for the best; pizza and taco bell don't seem like they would go so well together.

?

I don't really know what to make of it, besides the obvious (he's on drugs).
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:00:57 PM

I think it's pretty clear I have played with TV multiple times before (I was part of the Mafia in fakelore too) .

As I'm a replacement and the previous DP was nearly 300 posts, some form of summary by anybody would be appreciated. I've glanced through the first DP to get my bearings, but would be more valuable to help with deductions with a summary.

Put simply, I can imagine that Detectable was likely under pressure for not posting if he chose to be replaced. For now, I'll say that I'm not a dealer (have not been provided any drugs) and also know that no action was taken on me NP 1. I win with the town.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:41:26 PM

I have played with TV before.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:53:47 PM
Logic on Rails welcome to the game

in summary last day phase there were 4 claims
Headphone: politician, George
Blackhawk: Miller 'with a gun', (no name claim)
LN5695857860897-7564: vanilla, Stacie

and Bluesteel initially claim: 3rd party wins if cult are dead, appears guilty
then Bluesteel said that was a lie and retracted his claim for a full claim

3rd party, apperes guilty, undercover cop, FBI, wins if Cult Leader dies, name is Duke.

anyway, the names we have to work with dont help much yet, assuming name claims are accurate, none of them line up with those mentioned in this dayphase.

I am thinking if we knew Sean was guilty, then we would know Patrick is too likely, and if Bobby was guilty, then that would indicate Hose and Liz are guilty too.

likewise one of there innocence would point to the others innocence since they are backing up each others alibi. Cop should investigate one of them if he finds out who any of them are.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
ln074246
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 11:48:30 PM
someone had a really bad night, tripping on the drugs they were on. who gets pelted by whiffle balls and held down by badgers?
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 2:45:56 AM
At 10/4/2011 10:53:47 PM, Marauder wrote:

3rd party, apperes guilty, undercover cop, FBI, wins if Cult Leader dies, name is Duke.

anyway, the names we have to work with dont help much yet, assuming name claims are accurate, none of them line up with those mentioned in this dayphase.

I am thinking if we knew Sean was guilty, then we would know Patrick is too likely, and if Bobby was guilty, then that would indicate Hose and Liz are guilty too.

likewise one of there innocence would point to the others innocence since they are backing up each others alibi. Cop should investigate one of them if he finds out who any of them are.

YOu guys are wrong, dealers are not necessarily mafia.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 3:30:47 AM
At 10/5/2011 2:45:56 AM, innomen wrote:

How on earth could a towny dealer help the town???
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 4:20:16 AM
At 10/5/2011 3:30:47 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

How on earth could a towny dealer help the town???

Because townies can gain power when under the influence that will help the town.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 8:02:51 AM
At 10/4/2011 11:48:30 PM, ln074246 wrote:
someone had a really bad night, tripping on the drugs they were on. who gets pelted by whiffle balls and held down by badgers?

You arse that hurt!
:
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 10:18:12 AM
At 10/4/2011 6:00:46 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

When asked around, everyone seems to have an alibi. Whether it was Sean and Patrick hanging out for the first time,

This suggests a recruitment.

or Bobby, Jose, and Liz hanging out at the local bar talking about what they did all day.

Suggests involvement in a PM. Too small a group to be mafia in a game this big unless there is more than one mafia.

It seems that everyone checked out fine.

Suggests the above people weren't involved in TV's death (presumably mafia were) but doesn't necessarily confirm them as pro-town.

Did anyone claim any of those names in DP1?

OreEle told me I was role-blocked last night so I'm assuming this was the mafia. If anyone was watching me or tracked anyone visiting me, it may be worth revealing as this will almost certainly snare us a mafioso.

The obvious conclusion is that some of my suspicions from yesterday (Matt, Inno, bluesteel) might be accurate but then there's the possibility that the mafia just want me to think that.

For some reason the fact that the mafia killed TV and role-blocked me (fortunately I don't have a particularly useful role) makes me suspect that Danielle is in the mafia. I'm just throwing that out, not saying it's enough to lynch her for, but maybe suggesting an investigation. I can just imagine her making those decisions.

As has been suggested, TV hasn't played much lately and there maybe aren't that many people that would rank him as a serious threat, same goes for me. Danielle modded one of the first games I played in, I was a town investigative role and called out a few anti-townies based mostly on instinct. She'll almost certainly say she doesn't remember this which may well be true, but anyway, I think that she might regard me as more of a threat than most other players and I think she knows TV got some game too.

If she is in the mafia she will be very dangerous, as she's a great coach as well as a great player.

Could someone please explain all the crazy talk about badgers and stuff, is this from your messages?
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 10:18:34 AM

why are you quoting me to say this? no where in my post did I say I think dealers are necessarily mafia.

the top half if you'll notice was a summery of the claims that occured last day phase for Logic_on_Rails benefit since he asked.

the second half was postulating what use we could get out of the names that poped up in the story this day phase. It said they were not found guilty, backing up each others alibis. That means if one of them is proven to be mafia then the name that backed up the alibi is probably mafia too.
Same goes if there innocent.
Patrick and Sean are backing each other up.
Liz, Hose, and Bobby are backing each other up.

No where did I say drug dealers are mafia.

A Scout is Obedient.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 10:24:03 AM
At 10/5/2011 10:18:34 AM, Marauder wrote:

why are you quoting me to say this? no where in my post did I say I think dealers are necessarily mafia.

the top half if you'll notice was a summery of the claims that occured last day phase for Logic_on_Rails benefit since he asked.

the second half was postulating what use we could get out of the names that poped up in the story this day phase. It said they were not found guilty, backing up each others alibis. That means if one of them is proven to be mafia then the name that backed up the alibi is probably mafia too.
Same goes if there innocent.
Patrick and Sean are backing each other up.
Liz, Hose, and Bobby are backing each other up.

No where did I say drug dealers are mafia.

Could have sworn i read that. Maybe I'm tripping.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 11:01:16 AM
At 10/5/2011 10:18:12 AM, feverish wrote:
At 10/4/2011 6:00:46 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

When asked around, everyone seems to have an alibi. Whether it was Sean and Patrick hanging out for the first time,

This suggests a recruitment.

I had not considered this. that makes sense
or Bobby, Jose, and Liz hanging out at the local bar talking about what they did all day.

Suggests involvement in a PM. Too small a group to be mafia in a game this big unless there is more than one mafia.
mabye, I think its possible though this is just story that add's to making someone more guilty or innocent. if there in a PM and not mafia like you say then that means sean and patrick are mafia, one of them having been recruited this phase.

or there are numerous non-mafia groups that were not involved in Paul Blart the traffic cop's death.

It seems that everyone checked out fine.

Suggests the above people weren't involved in TV's death (presumably mafia were) but doesn't necessarily confirm them as pro-town.
I dont think it does, they check out cause they have alibi's. but those alibi's are coming from each other. If Sean is mafia, then so is patrick. If he is not, then Patrick is not.

Did anyone claim any of those names in DP1?
No. there was a George, a stacie, and a duke.

OreEle told me I was role-blocked last night so I'm assuming this was the mafia. If anyone was watching me or tracked anyone visiting me, it may be worth revealing as this will almost certainly snare us a mafioso.

The obvious conclusion is that some of my suspicions from yesterday (Matt, Inno, bluesteel) might be accurate but then there's the possibility that the mafia just want me to think that.

For some reason the fact that the mafia killed TV and role-blocked me (fortunately I don't have a particularly useful role) makes me suspect that Danielle is in the mafia. I'm just throwing that out, not saying it's enough to lynch her for, but maybe suggesting an investigation. I can just imagine her making those decisions.

As has been suggested, TV hasn't played much lately and there maybe aren't that many people that would rank him as a serious threat, same goes for me. Danielle modded one of the first games I played in, I was a town investigative role and called out a few anti-townies based mostly on instinct. She'll almost certainly say she doesn't remember this which may well be true, but anyway, I think that she might regard me as more of a threat than most other players and I think she knows TV got some game too.

If she is in the mafia she will be very dangerous, as she's a great coach as well as a great player.

The problem with all of this line of reasoning is
A) danielle and bluesteel think there the only good players around
B) they are not the only ones who could possibly recognize Tv and you as skilled players.

Could someone please explain all the crazy talk about badgers and stuff, is this from your messages?

talk about badgers?

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2011 11:03:59 AM
At 10/5/2011 10:24:03 AM, innomen wrote:

Could have sworn i read that. Maybe I'm tripping.

lol

A Scout is Obedient.