Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Peter Rabbit Mafia - DP7

bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:37:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
DP7

All night actions not already submitted are forfeit.

Active Players
1. Blackhawk1331
2. socialpinko
3. Andromeda_Z
4. DetectableNinja
5. badger (replaced by medic2)
6. Tymon (replaced by quarterexchange)

Medic - You are the Chirping Bird. Every NP, you can chirp all night outside a player's window causing him to get no sleep and pissing him off. They will be so tired the next NP, this causes them to sleep through the next night phase which means they will not be able to use their role. You win with the town. (baked into a pie on NP3)

Logic_on_rails - You are Albert Karl Ludwig Gotthilf Gunther. You have the ability to determine if a player is an animal or not. Investigate one player each NP. You win with the mafia. (poisoned, NP3)

Lickdafoot - You are Mr. McGregger - Gardener - you live off of your garden. If your garden is destroyed 3 times in a row and you (the mafia) have not already killed an animal and baked it into a pie you will die of starvation. You win with the mafia. (starved to death, NP3)

marcuscato - Joseph Lister - Doctor – you cannot protect yourself. You win with the mafia. (lynched DP4)

mongeese - Charles McIntosh - Vanilla. You win with the town. (killed NP4)

mestari - Sparrow - Watcher - can watch one player from the trees and see who visits him at night. You win with the town. (killed NP5)

babybaker - Floppy Moppy Cottontail - you have no vote. You win with the town. (lynched DP6)

mattrodstrom - You are Sir Henry Enfield Roscoe, the renowned chemist and caring uncle. You are an inventor capable of producing the following objects that aid you in the game: Surgical Tools, Ford Model-T, Poisonous Chemicals. You can choose to use each invention only once but you may use multiple inventions in one night phase. You win with the town. (killed NP6)

It takes 4 votes to lynch.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:40:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay guys, I dropped the ball--no one is educated today.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:45:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Norman Warne – He ran a publishing company. This company rejected The Tale of Peter Rabbit at first but then reconsidered to publish it with great success. He then became Potter's publisher and worked with her on more projects such as making plush toys and The Game of Peter Rabbit

Peter Rabbit – A main character in Beatrix Potter's The Tale of Peter Rabbit and several other books. He is named after a rabbit that she had as a kid named Peter Piper.

Beatrix Potter – An English author, illustrator, natural scientist, and conservationist. She is best known for books such as The Tale of Peter Rabbit. She bought farms to preserve the hill country landscape.

Jessy Potter – She was Beatrix Potter's adored grandmother. Beatrix payed particular attention to stories told by her grandmother. Beatrix Potter was said to be a lot like her grandmother but not as good looking. (this is a little jumpy because it came from two sources)

Carole Scott – Writes about how a reader can relate to Peter Rabbit. Also writes that Potter is inconsistant with the use of contradictory effects in the word-picture interaction. Says that Potter's Peter Rabbit has encouraged many generations of children to self-indulgence, disobedience, transgression of social boundaries and ethics, and assertion of their wild, unpredictable nature against the constructions of civilized living.

Joel Chandler Harris – An American journalist, fiction writer, and folklorist best known for his Uncle Remus stories. Beatrix Potter illustrated 8 scenes for the Uncle Remus stories. Her family had favored the Uncle Remus stories during her youth and she admired the way he could turn the ordinary into the extraordinary. She borrowed some vocabulary from him adopting words like "cottontail", "puddle-duck", and "lippity-clippity".
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:47:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. Blackhawk1331 - Norman Warne - publishes story books sent in by Beatrix
3. socialpinko - Peter Rabbit - can have someone recruited into a pm or can be bulletproof
4. Andromeda_Z - Beatrix Potter - Writes stories
6. DetectableNinja - Jessy Potter - Can give people a double vote
7. medic2 - Carole Scott - can stop one lynch
8. quarterexchange - Joel Chandler Harris - full time bulletproof
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:53:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
LoR's character was a zoologist and I don't believe he ever met potter. Whoever the other mafia was, their character was a surgeon who also doesn't seem to have met potter.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 9:54:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The only human character left likely to have not actually met potter is medic's role.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 10:44:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 9:54:55 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
The only human character left likely to have not actually met potter is medic's role.

Whether they actually met or not is undetermined by the short paragraph on Scott. They may very well have met, and it not be reported in your source. Regardless, Scott critiqued her work, so there is a connection. Exactly what it is I don't know, I just read the role pm.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2011 11:18:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 10:47:50 PM, littleorphanannie wrote:
http://www.epubbud.com...

A the bottom of this link, there's a part about Beatrix Potter. Charles McIntosh, the mycologist she was assisting, was revealed to be a vanilla townie. Alexander Fleming "discovered" that some fungi produced antibiotic chemicals years after she did, taking all of the credit. I think he may be a character in this game, and likely a mafia one, which is why no one has claimed him. Or, I could be completely wrong about this.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 3:12:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unless anyone has found somethin out last night, I think we should lunch medic. Vtl medic
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 3:35:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/4/2011 9:47:56 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
1. Blackhawk1331 - Norman Warne - publishes story books sent in by Beatrix

I'm not necessarily suspicious of this claim since you're connected to Andro, a likely townie.

3. socialpinko - Peter Rabbit - can have someone recruited into a pm or can be bulletproof
4. Andromeda_Z - Beatrix Potter - Writes stories

Beatrix Potter as I've already stated seems likely to be a townie as she's pro Peter Rabbit.

6. DetectableNinja - Jessy Potter - Can give people a double vote

His role has been confirmed and I doubt this would be a mafia role.

7. medic2 - Carole Scott - can stop one lynch

See my analysis over the last two dp's for reasons why I suspect him. His role isn't pro town.

8. quarterexchange - Joel Chandler Harris - full time bulletproof

He doesnt seem suspicious but it seems unbalanced for the mod to make a full time bulletproof and then basically make me full time bulletproof half way through the game. If there is only one mafioso left it seems weird this game is still going on, and it seems even less likely if tree are two bulletproofs. If we lynch medic an he turns up guilty but we still move to another dp, I say we kill quarterexchange. Though I think it's unlikely we have two left anyways.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:27:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm definitely pro lynch on medic. He seems like the most likely mafia at this point.

VTL MEDIC
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:30:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 5:27:06 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I'm definitely pro lynch on medic. He seems like the most likely mafia at this point.

VTL MEDIC

What do you think about quarter? I'm trying to wrap my head around the game balance here. If he's bulletproof, why is the game still going on, unless the mafia have a roleblocker. I don't think we do since icant recall anyone saying they were roleblocked(though I could be wrong).
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:33:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 5:30:24 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 5:27:06 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I'm definitely pro lynch on medic. He seems like the most likely mafia at this point.

VTL MEDIC

What do you think about quarter? I'm trying to wrap my head around the game balance here. If he's bulletproof, why is the game still going on, unless the mafia have a roleblocker. I don't think we do since icant recall anyone saying they were roleblocked(though I could be wrong).

I was roleblocked.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:37:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 5:33:27 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 10/6/2011 5:30:24 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 5:27:06 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I'm definitely pro lynch on medic. He seems like the most likely mafia at this point.

VTL MEDIC

What do you think about quarter? I'm trying to wrap my head around the game balance here. If he's bulletproof, why is the game still going on, unless the mafia have a roleblocker. I don't think we do since icant recall anyone saying they were roleblocked(though I could be wrong).

I was roleblocked.

Oh yeah my mistake. Perhaps his claim does hold weight then, but it still seems weird since the roleblocker is obviously mafia(not seeming to roleblock alleged mafiosos throughout the game: marcuscato before he was lynched, Mestari and I, medic for the last two dp's), them being able to stay in would necessarily rely on the roleblocker being alive. In any case, this train of thought only matters if the game still continues after we lynch medic so I don't see too much reason to obsess over it ATM.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:46:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 5:37:47 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 5:33:27 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 10/6/2011 5:30:24 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 5:27:06 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
I'm definitely pro lynch on medic. He seems like the most likely mafia at this point.

VTL MEDIC

What do you think about quarter? I'm trying to wrap my head around the game balance here. If he's bulletproof, why is the game still going on, unless the mafia have a roleblocker. I don't think we do since icant recall anyone saying they were roleblocked(though I could be wrong).

I was roleblocked.

Oh yeah my mistake. Perhaps his claim does hold weight then, but it still seems weird since the roleblocker is obviously mafia(not seeming to roleblock alleged mafiosos throughout the game: marcuscato before he was lynched, Mestari and I, medic for the last two dp's), them being able to stay in would necessarily rely on the roleblocker being alive. In any case, this train of thought only matters if the game still continues after we lynch medic so I don't see too much reason to obsess over it ATM.

I think lynching Medic sounds reasonable, so VTL medic.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:00:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Analysis of dead players

Town

Medic1- Animal(chirping bird)
Mestari- Animal(sparrow)
Mongeese- Charles McIntosh- Human who was personal friends with Beatrix Potter
Babybaker7- Animal(Rabbit)
Matt- Sir Henry Roscoe- Human an uncle of Beatrix Potter

Mafia

Logic- Albert Gunther- Zoologist who never met Beatrix Potter
Marcuscato- Joseph Lister- Doctor who never met Potter
Lickdafoot- Mr. McGreggor- villain from Tale of Peter Rabbit

Just a quick analysis of the dead players shows that villains from Potter's stories and people she never knew are likely mafia. Also, neutral or good players are probably town and family and friends of Potter are most likely town.

If we apply this to our list of current claims, Andro and Blackhawk are likely townies as one is Potter herself and the other is connected to her. Also Norman Wayne was Potters publisher and briefly her husband until his premature death. Detectableninja is also likely a townie since she was a beloved family member of Potter and I'm obviously confirmed since I am the protagonist of her story. I don't know if Potter personally knew Harris but he was definitely a large influence on her. Medic's character, Carole Scott never met or knew Potter.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:07:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 6:06:06 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
VTL Medic

Looking on the past DP's I find it ridiculous that we didn't lynch him sooner.

Guess thats a lynch. Hopefully the town has won.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:17:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 6:07:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:06:06 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
VTL Medic

Looking on the past DP's I find it ridiculous that we didn't lynch him sooner.

Guess thats a lynch. Hopefully the town has won.

Fine...You guys are going to kick yourselves.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:18:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Bluesteel, can we get any confirmation?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:19:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 6:17:50 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:07:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:06:06 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
VTL Medic

Looking on the past DP's I find it ridiculous that we didn't lynch him sooner.

Guess thats a lynch. Hopefully the town has won.

Fine...You guys are going to kick yourselves.

I think my reasonin is solid, read the character analysis. Yours is exactly like the others(besides Lickdafoot). Not necessarily bad but no personal connection to Potter.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:27:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 6:19:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:17:50 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:07:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:06:06 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
VTL Medic

Looking on the past DP's I find it ridiculous that we didn't lynch him sooner.

Guess thats a lynch. Hopefully the town has won.

Fine...You guys are going to kick yourselves.

I think my reasonin is solid, read the character analysis. Yours is exactly like the others(besides Lickdafoot). Not necessarily bad but no personal connection to Potter.

Your reasoning isn't as good as you think it is...you'll see.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:28:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 6:27:03 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:19:45 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:17:50 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:07:36 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:06:06 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
VTL Medic

Looking on the past DP's I find it ridiculous that we didn't lynch him sooner.

Guess thats a lynch. Hopefully the town has won.

Fine...You guys are going to kick yourselves.

I think my reasonin is solid, read the character analysis. Yours is exactly like the others(besides Lickdafoot). Not necessarily bad but no personal connection to Potter.

Your reasoning isn't as good as you think it is...you'll see.

Fine. I guess well have to wait for bluesteel.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 6:50:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just so you're all aware, we only have one more shot at getting the last mafia member if we're wrong here.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 7:21:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 6:50:22 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Just so you're all aware, we only have one more shot at getting the last mafia member if we're wrong here.

As far as I'm concerned the mafia deserve to win. You guys are all willing to follow one person, no matter how unreasonable his logic.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 7:23:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 7:21:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:50:22 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Just so you're all aware, we only have one more shot at getting the last mafia member if we're wrong here.

As far as I'm concerned the mafia deserve to win. You guys are all willing to follow one person, no matter how unreasonable his logic.

Lol
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 7:30:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 7:23:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 7:21:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:50:22 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Just so you're all aware, we only have one more shot at getting the last mafia member if we're wrong here.

As far as I'm concerned the mafia deserve to win. You guys are all willing to follow one person, no matter how unreasonable his logic.

Lol

Will you be lol'ing along with me after Blue announces??
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 7:40:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 7:30:48 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 7:23:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 7:21:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:50:22 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Just so you're all aware, we only have one more shot at getting the last mafia member if we're wrong here.

As far as I'm concerned the mafia deserve to win. You guys are all willing to follow one person, no matter how unreasonable his logic.

Lol

Will you be lol'ing along with me after Blue announces??

Perhaps. If you end up innocent I'll be surprised. You played the mafia role perfectly so I'm sure you're either a bad townie or a mafioso.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 8:10:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 7:40:55 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 7:30:48 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 7:23:12 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/6/2011 7:21:27 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/6/2011 6:50:22 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
Just so you're all aware, we only have one more shot at getting the last mafia member if we're wrong here.

As far as I'm concerned the mafia deserve to win. You guys are all willing to follow one person, no matter how unreasonable his logic.

Lol

Will you be lol'ing along with me after Blue announces??

Perhaps. If you end up innocent I'll be surprised. You played the mafia role perfectly so I'm sure you're either a bad townie or a mafioso.

Well everything's been said so let's just wait for blue to announce.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 9:19:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VOTE COUNT

medic - 4/4 - spinko, blackhawk, andro, quarter

MEDIC HAS BEEN LYNCHED. MEDIC WAS GUILTY.

Night actions ASAP.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)