Total Posts:192|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

NT mafia DP2

feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 9:30:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Tragedy has struck the province of Judea.

Alleged Messiah Jesus Christ (AndroZ) was discovered dead this morning, brutally crucified with a laceratred torso and thorn damage to the skull.

In a double tragedy for his family and followers, his maternal brother James The Just (socialpinko) also died in suspicious circumstances last night.

NOTE: Alignment and roles are not revealed on death in this game.

Living players:

1. M.Torres
2. nonentity
3. DetectableNinja
4. tvellalott
5. bluesteel
6. Marauder
7. Blackhawk1331
8. Medic
9.nerdykiller FTW
10. Danielle
11. Man-is-good
12. innomen

7 votes to lynch.

Vote count:

Blackhawk: 1/7 (Blackhawk)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:11:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 9:30:53 AM, feverish wrote:
In a double tragedy for his family and followers, his maternal brother James The Just (socialpinko) also died in suspicious circumstances last night.

I'm gonna vote to lynch bluesteel. I'm thinking the "suspicious circumstances" were a failed recruit process, meaning a mafioso was attempted to be recruited. Considering blue is really the only person who claimed yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if spinko targeted him (he doesn't have the best instincts). Also, like blue said, the mafia has a vote stealer role which is essentially their version of the politician. It's also possible that spinko targeted the PGO or something, though the PGO would have been up front about their role, methinks.

If the town is not comfortable lynching blue considering he's already claimed, then with nothing else to go on I'm going to suggest pressuring tvellalott - who is apparently 'next in line' after blue and I based on what happened in the other game. The three of us are still alive. I hate to be a hypocrite in employing that logic, but it's not always wrong and I think I may be onto something.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 11:03:03 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
The failed recruit could have also been done on a cultist to the masons or something similar. Needless to say I think blue was probably the target for spinko.
President of DDO
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:04:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Suspicious circumstances could be a number of things. It could be something as simple as a vig kill, it could mean that the fate of Andro and Spinko were linked in some way, PGO, or even serial killer(though I wonder about that one in a small game). I don't agree with doing a quick lynch on Blue right now, but I do agree with Danielle about moving on and pressuring TV.

VTL Tvellalot for pressure
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:07:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 12:04:14 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Suspicious circumstances could be a number of things. It could be something as simple as a vig kill, it could mean that the fate of Andro and Spinko were linked in some way, PGO, or even serial killer(though I wonder about that one in a small game). I don't agree with doing a quick lynch on Blue right now, but I do agree with Danielle about moving on and pressuring TV.

VTL Tvellalot for pressure

BTW, I win with the town.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:13:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Jesus has died!

we are have been redeemed, he has paid our penalty.

(none of that comes from any knowledge about this game, just using this as a witnessing opportunity)

anyway I really cant wait until day phase 5 to find out how like the Jesus of the New Testament feverish made his role.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:14:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Avenge me.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:18:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 10:11:30 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/6/2011 9:30:53 AM, feverish wrote:
In a double tragedy for his family and followers, his maternal brother James The Just (socialpinko) also died in suspicious circumstances last night.

I'm gonna vote to lynch bluesteel. I'm thinking the "suspicious circumstances" were a failed recruit process, meaning a mafioso was attempted to be recruited. Considering blue is really the only person who claimed yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if spinko targeted him (he doesn't have the best instincts). Also, like blue said, the mafia has a vote stealer role which is essentially their version of the politician. It's also possible that spinko targeted the PGO or something, though the PGO would have been up front about their role, methinks.

If the town is not comfortable lynching blue considering he's already claimed, then with nothing else to go on I'm going to suggest pressuring tvellalott - who is apparently 'next in line' after blue and I based on what happened in the other game. The three of us are still alive. I hate to be a hypocrite in employing that logic, but it's not always wrong and I think I may be onto something.

you know James was Jesus sibling. that might be the reason he died. although I cant help but think the sibling roles would be given to Peter and Andrew if there are roles like that in the game.

I'm suspicious of bluesteel anyway for claiming without reason with the same excuse he used in the other game but with a non-survivor role this time.

vote to lynch bluesteel
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:20:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 12:14:30 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Avenge me.

I will avenge Andro!
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:27:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 12:18:34 PM, Marauder wrote:

I'm suspicious of bluesteel anyway for claiming without reason with the same excuse he used in the other game but with a non-survivor role this time.

vote to lynch bluesteel

He claimed because he was asked. We were discussing that Danielle and Blue were likely NP1 mafia kill targets, and Danielle was requesting doctor protection. It doesn't make sense for the doc to blindly protect one of them without at least one of them claiming.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:34:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 10:11:30 AM, Danielle wrote:

If the town is not comfortable lynching blue considering he's already claimed, then with nothing else to go on I'm going to suggest pressuring tvellalott - who is apparently 'next in line' after blue and I based on what happened in the other game. The three of us are still alive. I hate to be a hypocrite in employing that logic, but it's not always wrong and I think I may be onto something.

actually based on this line of thought, traditionally you place yourself next in line after blue don't you?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:38:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 12:27:52 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 10/6/2011 12:18:34 PM, Marauder wrote:

I'm suspicious of bluesteel anyway for claiming without reason with the same excuse he used in the other game but with a non-survivor role this time.

vote to lynch bluesteel

He claimed because he was asked. We were discussing that Danielle and Blue were likely NP1 mafia kill targets, and Danielle was requesting doctor protection. It doesn't make sense for the doc to blindly protect one of them without at least one of them claiming.

give me a minute to go back and check on this, I'm pretty sure I remember him claiming cause of a "woe is me....I always get killed first, i should claim now" argument.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:52:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 12:38:55 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 10/6/2011 12:27:52 PM, nonentity wrote:
At 10/6/2011 12:18:34 PM, Marauder wrote:

I'm suspicious of bluesteel anyway for claiming without reason with the same excuse he used in the other game but with a non-survivor role this time.

vote to lynch bluesteel

He claimed because he was asked. We were discussing that Danielle and Blue were likely NP1 mafia kill targets, and Danielle was requesting doctor protection. It doesn't make sense for the doc to blindly protect one of them without at least one of them claiming.

give me a minute to go back and check on this, I'm pretty sure I remember him claiming cause of a "woe is me....I always get killed first, i should claim now" argument.

okay done, he was not asked anything, it was his first post in the entire game. http://www.debate.org...

"oh danielle ordered the doctor to protect her, so he will never protect me and I'm sure to die now, I have to claim...."
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 12:53:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 12:34:39 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 10/6/2011 10:11:30 AM, Danielle wrote:

If the town is not comfortable lynching blue considering he's already claimed, then with nothing else to go on I'm going to suggest pressuring tvellalott - who is apparently 'next in line' after blue and I based on what happened in the other game. The three of us are still alive. I hate to be a hypocrite in employing that logic, but it's not always wrong and I think I may be onto something.

actually based on this line of thought, traditionally you place yourself next in line after blue don't you?

This is true but she did say "Blue and I", and realistically, she's not going to vote to pressure herself so TV would logically be next. I'm not defending her, but it's a reasonable statement for her to make.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 1:06:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 10:11:30 AM, Danielle wrote:
At 10/6/2011 9:30:53 AM, feverish wrote:
In a double tragedy for his family and followers, his maternal brother James The Just (socialpinko) also died in suspicious circumstances last night.

I'm gonna vote to lynch bluesteel.

SEE MAFIA, DON'T KILL ME - town will keep trying to lynch me. That said, I think there's better targets than me, given my character.

I can't make heads nor tails of the OP.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 1:10:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 9:30:53 AM, feverish wrote:
Tragedy has struck the province of Judea.

Alleged Messiah Jesus Christ (AndroZ) was discovered dead this morning, brutally crucified with a laceratred torso and thorn damage to the skull.

In a double tragedy for his family and followers, his maternal brother James The Just (socialpinko) also died in suspicious circumstances last night.

I have no idea how you get "mason recruiter" from this. Every mod says "died under suspicious circumstances" unless they give a specific cause of death.

I kind of wish I was mafia this game. It's much easier to be mafia and harder to be town if the mod never announces roles or alignments.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 1:11:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
w/e VTL tvellalot; there's nothing better to do
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 1:37:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Unvote and vote tvellalott. If his role sounds legit I'm switching to bluesteel for sure - not pressuring someone else for a claim. I don't see how his character (Matt the tax collector) fits with a politician role at all. I also think social died trying to recruit someone, and again, blue is the only person who claimed yesterday. Social probably thought his claim seemed safe enough to try and recruit considering you can 'confirm' it though not confirm allegiance. I dunno why a vigilante would have targeted spinko right off the bat. There may be 2 mafias but I doubt it given the lack of information in the story. Besides, there is likely a cult considering the biblical theme and the fact that the mod won't reveal allegiances until later. That means that almost every character probably SOUNDS like they'd be town (i.e., the apostles or evangelists) but as I said last day phase, it doesn't really mean anything.
President of DDO
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 3:23:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 2:43:23 PM, innomen wrote:
I was role blocked last night by a "whore" which might put some light on the character of the mafia.

Hmmm...I wonder what does that have to do with the New Testament, Innomen...

And, I will be voting to pressure TV but I will first have to count the votes against him (in case if I accidentally hammer in his lynching)...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 3:27:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Alright, VTL TV

To other members, if I am correct, we are at five votes against TV. Let's wait for him to respond to our accusations...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 3:54:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Vote Count:

Blackhawk 1/7 (Blackhawk)
TV 5/7 (medic, nonentity, bluesteel, Danielle, Medic)
bluesteel 1/7 (Marauder)

I'll soon be providing some scripture that may give some clues on characters and events.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 3:54:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 3:54:05 PM, feverish wrote:
Vote Count:

Blackhawk 1/7 (Blackhawk)
TV 5/7 (medic, nonentity, bluesteel, Danielle, Man-is-good)
bluesteel 1/7 (Marauder)

I'll soon be providing some scripture that may give some clues on characters and events.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 4:46:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Here is where research will be rewarded, the following passages all have some direct significance for this game:

John 5:17
Revelations 17:5 and 17:6
Acts 9:3
Mathew 9:9
Luke 3:15
John 10:30
Mathew 2:13
Acts 4:27 and 4:28
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:18:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 2:43:23 PM, innomen wrote:
I was role blocked last night by a "whore" which might put some light on the character of the mafia.

Mary Magdalene? I'm gonna look up the verses feverish posted in a little bit.
President of DDO
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:25:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
LMFAO.
I'll character claim, but I'm not role-claiming since this is "random good player" pressure as opposed to "we have some reason to be suspicious" pressure.

I am God, the father and I win with the town.

Thanks Danielle.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:33:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh, I should add that Jesus will be returning to life after 3 days and when he does, he can confirm me (I know this sounds like standard "Don't kill me bro" tactics, but it really isn't.)

I should add that for God, the father, I'm not very powerful. Because I cannot affect free-will, my votes don't count and I don't have any "powers" per se, but because I am omniscient, I receive special information every night.

Last night I received the above information about Jesus.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:34:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/6/2011 5:25:45 PM, tvellalott wrote:
LMFAO.
I'll character claim, but I'm not role-claiming since this is "random good player" pressure as opposed to "we have some reason to be suspicious" pressure.

I am God, the father and I win with the town.

Thanks Danielle.

Can you give me my epiphany?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 5:35:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
When the fvck did I vote for myself? Can I UNVOTE?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena