Total Posts:72|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Drugged out Mafia, Day 3

Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 7:51:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The town awakens to a gruesome sight. Three dead, and it looks like one hell of a fight. Fernando (Randolph) was found gunned down in front of the Jailhouse. It appears to be automatic fire that took him down, based on the large number of bullets in the walls just behind where his body was found. A few blocks away, Pierce (Marauder) was found. A single bullet, lodged in his upper back, puncturing his lung. Probably from a hand gun. He had an AR-15 on him, and a small business card that simply said "Sin" on it. It wasn't until a few hours later that Enrico (Socialpinko) was found, dead at his computer desk, in the midst of typing a blog. Looks like he never saw death coming.

With the detective and traffic cop killed, the town turns to self investigating, of course, with each person doing things in their own style, it seems like no one's story matches up, though that may be more the fault of common every day people doing the interogations.

Now Pushing up Cannabis Plants

TV - Traffic cop

Randolph7 - Fernando, town Detective (Cop, I didn't want to use "cop" and "traffic cop" for fear of mistaken counterclaims). When on Shrooms, you become the watcher. When on crack you become the tracker. If offered Heroin, the dealer gets busted and has to spend the next DP in jail (silenced). When on the speical drug, you watch, track, and investigate a single person.

Marauder - Pierce, town Even NP Vig. When on any drug, you become a normal every night vig. When on the special drug, you become a revivor.

Social Pinko - Enrico, town blogger. Each Night, you send out a blog with simple clues to all your followers, under screen name IHAL1177. When you are given drugs, you become a Stoned Blogger, your blogs are in jibberish, but if any of the blog followers are also under drug influence, the blog will make perfect sence to them and it will contain more clues than a standard blog.

Still Alive

Andromeda
Feverish
Lickdafoot
Innomen
Medic
Mestari
Headphonegut
Quarterexchange
Logic
Mattrodstrom
Blackhawk
TV [2] (replaced Darkkermit)
Curious
Danielle
LN074246
Greyparrot
Bluesteel

It take 9 votes to lynch, this DP will end Monday at 4 pm PST.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 7:56:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Interesting results. Was anybody here a follower of the blog?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 8:10:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Innomen

Innomen's 'fact' is a total lie, plain and simple.

Nobody give me any new drugs! Last night I inherited 50/50 chance (heads or tails) of vig powers for 2 nights (last night and tonight) . I targeted Marauder successfully (I was originally a moron and said Randolph actually, but changed) on the basis that if he was innocent then Randolph was guilty, and the reverse also would be true.

I am extremely sorry to Marauder who I killed. I am now 100% focused on killing Innomen.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 8:17:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 7:56:13 PM, Mestari wrote:
Interesting results. Was anybody here a follower of the blog?

I was, but I didn't get anything to read tonight because he died in the middle of writing the post. Matt and LN also followed the blog, but I don't know if anyone else did.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 8:19:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm back b!tches.

VOTE innomen
LOR seems to be on to something.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 8:19:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 8:10:31 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
VTL Innomen

Innomen's 'fact' is a total lie, plain and simple.

Nobody give me any new drugs! Last night I inherited 50/50 chance (heads or tails) of vig powers for 2 nights (last night and tonight) . I targeted Marauder successfully (I was originally a moron and said Randolph actually, but changed) on the basis that if he was innocent then Randolph was guilty, and the reverse also would be true.

I am extremely sorry to Marauder who I killed. I am now 100% focused on killing Innomen.

I don't think he counted on both of them dying. VTL innomen
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 8:51:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, LOR brings up a good point, towns people need to make it clear they need or do not need drugs.

Right now I do not request any drugs.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 8:53:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 8:51:49 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Also, LOR brings up a good point, towns people need to make it clear they need or do not need drugs.

Right now I do not request any drugs.

I have no idea what happens, so I don't know. OreEle didn't tell me what my role would be if I was given drugs.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 9:15:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I don't need drugs at any point, so don't waste them on me.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 9:36:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Innomen.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:49:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 8:10:31 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
VTL Innomen

Innomen's 'fact' is a total lie, plain and simple.

Nobody give me any new drugs! Last night I inherited 50/50 chance (heads or tails) of vig powers for 2 nights (last night and tonight) . I targeted Marauder successfully (I was originally a moron and said Randolph actually, but changed) on the basis that if he was innocent then Randolph was guilty, and the reverse also would be true.

I am extremely sorry to Marauder who I killed. I am now 100% focused on killing Innomen.

Can someone tell me innomen's fact in case I can't find it reasonably fast.

didn't danielle investigate him innocent?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:53:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 10:49:06 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 10/7/2011 8:10:31 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
VTL Innomen

Innomen's 'fact' is a total lie, plain and simple.

Nobody give me any new drugs! Last night I inherited 50/50 chance (heads or tails) of vig powers for 2 nights (last night and tonight) . I targeted Marauder successfully (I was originally a moron and said Randolph actually, but changed) on the basis that if he was innocent then Randolph was guilty, and the reverse also would be true.

I am extremely sorry to Marauder who I killed. I am now 100% focused on killing Innomen.

Can someone tell me innomen's fact in case I can't find it reasonably fast.

Third post from the bottom on page 13 of DP2 he said "This is what i know to be fact, either Marauder or Randolph is mafia, and the other is not." Both died, and both were town.

didn't danielle investigate him innocent?

I honestly can't remember, and although that makes me doubt his guilt, it doesn't completely exonerate him. He could be the godfather, or some thing else that doesn't show up guilty.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:59:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I dunno who or how, but someone sent me this info

one of these three people is: town, Jose, and Blogger (role), respectively, but I don't know which is which

Darkkermit
Curious
Socialpinko

well, socialpinko was blogger, so either darkkermit (tvellalot) or curious is guaranteed town. So basically, one of you claim Jose so we know who is confirmed. Or tv, since you're more active, claim either "jose" or "not jose"
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:04:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well if we lynch inno and he's not godfather, danielle is also suspect.

But we should let him try to explain himself.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:05:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Oh and town is not doing so well, so hopefully innomen is mafia. But if he is, fake claiming that one of two other people is mafia seems dumb, if both are town. That pretty much guarantees you getting found out in a lie eventually.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:07:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 11:04:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Well if we lynch inno and he's not godfather, danielle is also suspect.

But we should let him try to explain himself.

He said last DP that he wouldn't be able to talk during DP3. Do you think we should lynch him anyway or wait until DP4?
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:40:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 11:07:14 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 10/7/2011 11:04:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Well if we lynch inno and he's not godfather, danielle is also suspect.

But we should let him try to explain himself.

He said last DP that he wouldn't be able to talk during DP3. Do you think we should lynch him anyway or wait until DP4?

Wow, seriously?? I have to admit to not reading most of that DP. Is that part of his role?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:45:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"it seems like no one's story matches up, though that may be more the fault of common every day people doing the interogations."

I hope this OP post doesn't mean that some of our investigative roles get wrong info, although that seems entirely possible. I pretty much believe innomen's claim because he claimed it without pressure and it was going to 100% get him lynched if he was mafia and he would have know that. Especially since he can't even talk to defend himself now this DP without us knowing something is up.

If OreEle is messing with us, it makes perfect sense to give innomen wrong info and then not allow him to defend himself. Although I don't like that innomen keeps referring to info he can't tell us. It makes me a bit suspicious that this is a delay tactic, but if it is, it's a really dumb one.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:45:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So since innomen can't defend himself, if you VTL him, you're basically voting to lynch him => just fyi.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:46:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 11:40:22 PM, bluesteel wrote:
At 10/7/2011 11:07:14 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 10/7/2011 11:04:21 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Well if we lynch inno and he's not godfather, danielle is also suspect.

But we should let him try to explain himself.

He said last DP that he wouldn't be able to talk during DP3. Do you think we should lynch him anyway or wait until DP4?

Wow, seriously?? I have to admit to not reading most of that DP. Is that part of his role?

I have no idea, he also said he was limited by he mod on what he could say. He said a lot of strange things, read post 7 on page 13 and posts 5 and 6 on page 14 of DP2, those are the relevant ones. I'd summarize, but I don't want to mess it up and they're short posts anyway.
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:48:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 11:45:44 PM, bluesteel wrote:
So since innomen can't defend himself, if you VTL him, you're basically voting to lynch him => just fyi.

Okay, unvote. I want to hear from him tomorrow. If he doesn't have a good explanation, he can be lynched then.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:57:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I can't figure out who the mafia targeted. Unless they targeted spinko, this looks like a frame job on innomen.

Anyway, it looks like drugs are giving a lot of people vig powers. I can't emphasize this enough, IF YOU GET VIG POWERS, DON'T AUTOMATICALLY USE THEM AND KILL WILL-NILLY. IT'S BETTER TO WAIT AND LYNCH SOMEONE USING AN EDUCATED GUESS AND INFORMED LOGIC (WITH A CLAIM FROM THAT PERSON) THAN USE GUT HUNCHES EACH NP AND END UP KILLING HALF THE TOWN BY ACCIDENT.

SO AGAIN, IF YOU GET VIG POWERS, CONSIDER NOT USING THEM.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 12:00:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Basically, consider this. On DP1, if the vig guesses randomly, he or she has a 25-33% chance of hitting mafia, but a 67-75% chance of hitting town. If the town is about to lose, the odds could be as high as 40% chance of hitting mafia, so vig kills near the end of the game, when town is in a bad position, are much more acceptable.

But basically, the whole point of playing a mafia game during the DP is to use information and educated guesses the raise the odds of killing a mafioso (through lynching). Vig kills are just random guesses. I've seen good vig guesses lead the town to victory, but in large games, they can easily lead us to loss by killing important roles, as they have clearly already done.

It's also really annoying when you can't tell which person the mafia chose to kill. This is usually an important piece of information in any game.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 12:59:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/7/2011 8:10:31 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

I am extremely sorry to Marauder who I killed.
YOUR APOLOGY IS REJECTED!

I am now 100% focused on killing Innomen.
I changed my mind I forgive you.

Avenge me town!
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Logic_on_rails
Posts: 2,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 1:13:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 12:00:01 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Basically, consider this. On DP1, if the vig guesses randomly, he or she has a 25-33% chance of hitting mafia, but a 67-75% chance of hitting town. If the town is about to lose, the odds could be as high as 40% chance of hitting mafia, so vig kills near the end of the game, when town is in a bad position, are much more acceptable.

But basically, the whole point of playing a mafia game during the DP is to use information and educated guesses the raise the odds of killing a mafioso (through lynching). Vig kills are just random guesses. I've seen good vig guesses lead the town to victory, but in large games, they can easily lead us to loss by killing important roles, as they have clearly already done.

It's also really annoying when you can't tell which person the mafia chose to kill. This is usually an important piece of information in any game.

To be fair, I thought my kill was a guaranteed Mafia hit (wasn't going to kill the cop, and the other was supposedly Mafia...) . Now we have a person who is highly likely to be Mafia. I obviously don't support random killing either, but it's not as if my kill was random or stupidly done.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 4:04:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/8/2011 1:13:07 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
At 10/8/2011 12:00:01 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Basically, consider this. On DP1, if the vig guesses randomly, he or she has a 25-33% chance of hitting mafia, but a 67-75% chance of hitting town. If the town is about to lose, the odds could be as high as 40% chance of hitting mafia, so vig kills near the end of the game, when town is in a bad position, are much more acceptable.

But basically, the whole point of playing a mafia game during the DP is to use information and educated guesses the raise the odds of killing a mafioso (through lynching). Vig kills are just random guesses. I've seen good vig guesses lead the town to victory, but in large games, they can easily lead us to loss by killing important roles, as they have clearly already done.

It's also really annoying when you can't tell which person the mafia chose to kill. This is usually an important piece of information in any game.

To be fair, I thought my kill was a guaranteed Mafia hit (wasn't going to kill the cop, and the other was supposedly Mafia...) . Now we have a person who is highly likely to be Mafia. I obviously don't support random killing either, but it's not as if my kill was random or stupidly done.

This was more directed at the person who killed randolph, although I guess that person could have used the same logic as you. I dunno - my comment was more of a generic warning, since multiple vig kills have likely frustrated our efforts, given that they killed an important role and took away an important clue (who the mafia killed).

That said, it may be a wrong assumption that they were both vig kills. I'm guessing that many mafia roles, if given drugs, get an extra kill as a penalty, assuming drug dealers are town. (lol, basically we know really nothing about this game, still). Anyways, danielle claimed to have gotten drugs. If she's mafia, that may have given an extra kill. She hasn't spoken yet, so I discourage anyone from ending the DP until we find out if her tracking or watching power proves her role.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 4:05:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL tvellalot

character claim please, so we know whether it's you or curious that is guaranteed town
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)