Jump to topic:

Mob War- Beginner 1.3- DP 2

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:11:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The story line will pick up where we left off. The Corleones had agreed to provide protection for the Teamster leaders and 2 of them had been assassinated.

It was a busy night for the city's finest. Henry Thomasino was shot, in typical mafia fashion. His death is suspected but can't be confirmed at this time.

In a seperate incident Carlo Gervasi, a Vinci soldato, was found dead in his apartment this morning. There were some odd findings at the scene though. There was a hole burrowed into his forehead with a flower inserted, another was found under his tongue. A cross was also placed around his neck. Police also found a tape recorder playing with a verse looped. It was a latin verse:

"In Fortune solio sederam elatus, prosperitatis vario flore coronatus; quicquid enim florui felix et beatus, nunc a summo corrui gloria privatus"

Obviously, someone wanted to send a message, but what is it??

Active Players

1. Andromeda_Z
2. F-16 Falcon
3. Lickdafoot
4. Curious18
5. Quarterexchange
6. Greyparrot
7. Mestari
8. Man-is-good
9. Marcuscato
10. Detectable Ninja
11. Blackhawk1331
13. Randolph7
14. Innomen
15. Logic_On_Rails

Sleeping With the Fishes:

Nerdykiller- Carlo Gervasi- Vinci family

Bonus: What is unusual about Tom Hagen being chosen as Don Corleone's "consigliori"??

Andiamo!!
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:26:44 PM
Can anybody translate that? I keep getting

"Upon Fortune cap sixteen puffed up , propserity variety to be distinguished for crown ; whoever in fact to be distinguished for lucky and blessed , now a to give a hint to break up fame private"

but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:30:02 PM
Tom Hagan is Irish.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:30:31 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:26:44 PM, Mestari wrote:

"Upon Fortune cap sixteen puffed up , propserity variety to be distinguished for crown ; whoever in fact to be distinguished for lucky and blessed , now a to give a hint to break up fame private"

Google the phrase, I got "Dame Fortune once invited me
to enjoy her blessing:
to riches' throne exalted me,
caring and caressing:
but from maximum renown,
garlanded and feted,
Fate stepped up and threw me down -
glory dissipated!" from http://www.davidparlett.co.uk... Apparently it's from a collection of poetry from the 12th and 11th centuries.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:31:22 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:30:31 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

to enjoy her blessing:
caring and caressing:
but from maximum renown,
garlanded and feted,
glory dissipated!" from http://www.davidparlett.co.uk... Apparently it's from a collection of poetry from the 12th and 11th centuries.

Google translate has failed me yet again. Do you think that it is a hint?
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:31:58 PM
1. I will be trying to understand the message that the killer sent.

Bonus: What is unusual about Tom Hagen being chosen as Don Corleone's :"consigliori"??

Is it the fact that Tom Hagen, in the novel, is the informally-adopted son of Don Corleone's consigliori, not a regular friend or confidant???
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:33:12 PM

to enjoy her blessing:
caring and caressing:
but from maximum renown,
garlanded and feted,

According to your link, from Carmina Burana...Does anyone know what "Carmina Burana" is?

Is it a collection of poetry from the 12th and 11th centuries?

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:33:55 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:31:22 PM, Mestari wrote:

to enjoy her blessing:
caring and caressing:
but from maximum renown,
garlanded and feted,

Google translate has failed me yet again.

Google translate fails everyone.
Do you think that it is a hint?

Probably. Maybe it's hinting that this is a scripted event? The line "fate stepped up and threw me down" suggests that this was his fate, it was going to happen. I might be wrong, though. I'll work on it.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:35:46 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:33:12 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

to enjoy her blessing:
caring and caressing:
but from maximum renown,
garlanded and feted,

According to your link, from Carmina Burana...Does anyone know what "Carmina Burana" is?

Is it a collection of poetry from the 12th and 11th centuries?

That's what Wikipedia says, but it's lied to me before. I've never heard of Carmina Burana before this game, so I have no clue.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:36:29 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:33:55 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

to enjoy her blessing:
caring and caressing:
but from maximum renown,
garlanded and feted,

Probably. Maybe it's hinting that this is a scripted event? The line "fate stepped up and threw me down" suggests that this was his fate, it was going to happen. I might be wrong, though. I'll work on it.

We could be on to something here. He didn't post at all DP 1. Maybe something happened in the mafia pm that got him mod-killed, hence the fatalistic undertones?
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:38:41 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:36:29 PM, Mestari wrote:

to enjoy her blessing:
caring and caressing:
but from maximum renown,
garlanded and feted,

We could be on to something here. He didn't post at all DP 1. Maybe something happened in the mafia pm that got him mod-killed, hence the fatalistic undertones?

This sounds about right, but I'm not sure its a mod kill. Maybe he made a wrong choice and it resulted in his death? Last time is game was attempted, the storyline had a lot to do with players choices and reactions to scripted events.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:40:14 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:38:41 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 10/7/2011 10:36:29 PM, Mestari wrote:

to enjoy her blessing:
caring and caressing:
but from maximum renown,
garlanded and feted,

This sounds about right, but I'm not sure its a mod kill. Maybe he made a wrong choice and it resulted in his death? Last time is game was attempted, the storyline had a lot to do with players choices and reactions to scripted events.

This is true, but it sounds like he knew his death was coming. I mean, he recorded the message beforehand. Maybe he killed himself to kill a particularly valuable townie?
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:44:41 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:40:14 PM, Mestari wrote:
This is true, but it sounds like he knew his death was coming. I mean, he recorded the message beforehand. Maybe he killed himself to kill a particularly valuable townie?

The OP doesn't say who recorded it, but if it was him, then who was the person he killed? There's no one else confirmed to be dead. Also, how would he have planted a flower in his own head? Not that it's not possible, but that must have hurt like hell and I can't see why he would have bothered.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:45:17 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:40:50 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Can townies kill mafia during the night?

A vigilante can kill at night.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:56:12 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:45:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Can the vig transfer his powers to the Don? In the last game, I saw that members of the mafia family could transfer their powers to the godfather...

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 10:57:46 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:56:12 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/7/2011 10:45:17 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

Can the vig transfer his powers to the Don? In the last game, I saw that members of the mafia family could transfer their powers to the godfather...

I don't know. Based on last game, it's probably possible.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:01:56 PM
At 10/7/2011 10:59:17 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
So who can kill? Just the Don? What is the importance of being the Corleone Don or the Vinci Don?

No, the vig is a more appropriate role for one to kill...
And I'm not sure about the role of the Vinci Don, but the Corleone Don could make deals with other members and convert them, though I think the recruiter has now taken that role...

But then again, I'm not too sure...

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 12:56:29 AM
Okay, my news for the NP.

I can confirm Falcon is town 100% and that Innomen wins with the Corleones currently (this was Medic's way of putting it) .

Now, how did I confirm 2 people? Well, I'm not actually an investigator, but another type of role that I'd prefer to keep quiet about.

Effectively, myself and Falcon are 100% Corleone and Innomen is currently Corleone. Keep me around and I'll either A, make big deductions like this or B, screw with the Mafia, all from an ironically normally weak role.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 1:17:29 AM
At 10/8/2011 12:56:29 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

I can confirm Falcon is town 100% and that Innomen wins with the Corleones currently (this was Medic's way of putting it) .

Now, how did I confirm 2 people? Well, I'm not actually an investigator, but another type of role that I'd prefer to keep quiet about.

Effectively, myself and Falcon are 100% Corleone and Innomen is currently Corleone. Keep me around and I'll either A, make big deductions like this or B, screw with the Mafia, all from an ironically normally weak role.

I hate to point this out logic but I think most of us can tell falcon is town due to his goof.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 1:19:38 AM
At 10/8/2011 1:17:29 AM, randolph7 wrote:

I hate to point this out logic but I think most of us can tell falcon is town due to his goof.

What goof?
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 1:22:40 AM
At 10/8/2011 1:19:38 AM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

What goof?

Although I suppose it's not definitive his affiliation, I assumed from it that he was town.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 1:24:16 AM

What goof?

I'd rather let him explain, but I tend to believe you unless something changes.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 1:27:47 AM
At 10/8/2011 1:24:16 AM, randolph7 wrote:

What goof?

I'd rather let him explain, but I tend to believe you unless something changes.

Well, I am town. I already said that I win with the Corleones.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 1:52:56 AM
At 10/8/2011 1:51:21 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I really did not suspect F-16 was mafia as he had the same behavior as town last game.

I think I must be coming off wrong. I'm saying I think f-16 is town as well.
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2011 2:24:05 AM
Just to clarify people, I'm not an investigative role, but I can confirm 100% that F-16 is Corleone and Innomen is currently Corleone. This means that they should be trusted at the present time.

On a certain note to a person who believes they were role blocked (there are probably multiple) , you weren't, or at least certain knowledge I gained would tend to indicate that you weren't.

All my deductions might sound like I'm making a lot up, but I tell you I'm not. I'm a trusted soldato of Corleone family, and I win with the Corleones. I'm not under Omerta either, so I'm very useful to the Corleones.