Jump to topic:

NT mafia DP3

feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 4:27:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The desert sun rises on two dead bodies this morning.

In a shocking repeat of the previous nights attrocities, a copycat crucifixion appears to have taken place. The victim was that noble follower of Christ, Simon Peter (nerdykiller), also known as The Rock by his fans on the Galilee amateur wrestling scene.

In happier news, evil baby killer and known beheader King Herod (Detectable Ninja) also died last night, apparently scorched with fire and brimstone before being smothered with infinite love.

Living players:

1. M.Torres
2. nonentity
3. tvellalott
4. bluesteel
5. Marauder
6. Blackhawk1331
7. Medic
8. Danielle
9. Man-is-good
10. innomen

6 votes to lynch.

Apologies for confusion and inconsistency over time limits. Official limit is 48 hours for DP and 24 hours for NP, however this is liable to be enforced with a varying degree of stringency.

Vote count:

innomen 1/6 (innomen)
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:01:17 PM
Thank you Blue, for recognizing what we need to do first.

Danielle and Innomen still need to claim. Innomen needs to share info on "teams" he received in his PM.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:02:56 PM
1. Andromeda - Jesus - DEAD
2. M.Torres - Gabriel
3. nonentity - Luke
4. DetectableNinja - CLAIMED BARNABAS - King Herod - Vig killed
5. tvellalott - God - doesn't have a vote, receives special information
6. bluesteel - Matthew - Politician
7. Marauder- Stephen
8. Socialpinko - James - DEAD
9.Blackhawk1331 - Saul of Tarsus - waiting to be converted, possibly by Jesus??
10. Medic - Mary Magdalene
11.nerdykiller- Simon Peter
12. Danielle
13. Man-is-good - Simon the Zealous
14. innomen

VTL Innomen for character and info

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:04:20 PM
So it appears we have a Vig. At least they made a good choice.

And I forgot to add that Detectable died in the last post. My b.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:04:37 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:04:20 PM, M.Torres wrote:

I meant Nerdy. >.<;;

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:06:32 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:05:50 PM, innomen wrote:
I'm John the Baptist.

Thank you.

And what about the "teams"?

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:08:25 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:04:37 PM, M.Torres wrote:

I meant Nerdy. >.<;;
It looks like that the mafia is trying to get through all of Jesus' close disciples first...Bluesteel has already claimed, and yet he still hasn't been killed....

Does anyone agree with my judgment? I'm not assuring that I am confident, but so far it looks like that way...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:10:50 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:06:32 PM, M.Torres wrote:
I'm John the Baptist.

Thank you.

He said (the mod) that my role needs to be performed on someone that's on my team, it just sounded odd, instead of saying town.

I'm done for the night.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:11:36 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:08:25 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I meant Nerdy. >.<;;
It looks like that the mafia is trying to get through all of Jesus' close disciples first...Bluesteel has already claimed, and yet he still hasn't been killed....

Does anyone agree with my judgment? I'm not assuring that I am confident, but so far it looks like that way...

What, that you're suggesting Blue is guilty? Maybe. But I know that they want to keep strong players alive cause they'll eat each other. Mafia's just trying to kill off people that can't be used against them. For example, they aren't gonna kill someone who gets in a large argument with someone else. At this point, the deaths still aren't enough to draw reasonable conclusions. But nice job Vig. Very nice.

Also, if Investigator has gotten anyone guilty, then be sure to let us know (obviously). Once we get all the names *coughdaniellecough* we can move on to what role info we have.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:12:21 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:10:50 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/11/2011 5:06:32 PM, M.Torres wrote:
I'm John the Baptist.

Thank you.

He said (the mod) that my role needs to be performed on someone that's on my team, it just sounded odd, instead of saying town.

I'm done for the night.

Thank you. Unvote.

VTL Danielle for character claim.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:14:31 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:11:36 PM, M.Torres wrote:

I meant Nerdy. >.<;;

What, that you're suggesting Blue is guilty? Maybe. But I know that they want to keep strong players alive cause they'll eat each other. Mafia's just trying to kill off people that can't be used against them. For example, they aren't gonna kill someone who gets in a large argument with someone else. At this point, the deaths still aren't enough to draw reasonable conclusions. But nice job Vig. Very nice.

Also, if Investigator has gotten anyone guilty, then be sure to let us know (obviously). Once we get all the names *coughdaniellecough* we can move on to what role info we have.

Alright...agreed. Should we wait for Danielle or pressure her?

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:14:58 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:14:31 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/11/2011 5:11:36 PM, M.Torres wrote:

I meant Nerdy. >.<;;

Alright...agreed. Should we wait for Danielle or pressure her?

Never mind. VTL Danielle-We just want a character claim....

nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:15:15 PM
I am also waiting for Danielle's claim, but I think Marauder should role claim. Out of all the claims,his stands out the most to me as bull. Unfortunately I'm on my phone and it takes forever to bold, so I can't vote right now. The vig did a good job.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:17:20 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:15:15 PM, nonentity wrote:
I am also waiting for Danielle's claim, but I think Marauder should role claim. Out of all the claims,his stands out the most to me as bull. Unfortunately I'm on my phone and it takes forever to bold, so I can't vote right now. The vig did a good job.

Hmmm....I haven't been particularly focusing on him, but I'll be reading Marauder's claims in the last few day phrases...

nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:23:27 PM
I say that because, like the Barnabas claim, Stephen is a name that I couldn't place. I grew up Christian and all the other claims are easy for me to recall. Stephen seems too obscure and I had to look him up. And I also think we were onto something the last day phase, when we were about to lynch tv.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:25:00 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:23:27 PM, nonentity wrote:
I say that because, like the Barnabas claim, Stephen is a name that I couldn't place. I grew up Christian and all the other claims are easy for me to recall. Stephen seems too obscure and I had to look him up. And I also think we were onto something the last day phase, when we were about to lynch tv.

Except we didn't lynch TV, and you have no basis to think doing so would be successful. :P

And I'm still very curious by the current characters in the game, but will explain why soon.

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:25:46 PM

Please read how DetectableNinja was killed, then decide again if you want to lynch me.

FML.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:27:03 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:25:46 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Please read how DetectableNinja was killed, then decide again if you want to lynch me.

FML.

My... Bad.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:27:10 PM

FML.

lol I was laughing at the description of his death already, but now I'm laughing even harder.

Care to explain how Detectable stood out?

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:34:10 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:27:10 PM, M.Torres wrote:

FML.

lol I was laughing at the description of his death already, but now I'm laughing even harder.

I wasn't completely honest about my role.
I don't receive divine information. It is part of my role description that Jesus returns after three days, so I knew that.
I can't vote, that's true, however...
I have a three-shot judgement power as well. Three is an arbitrary number chosen by feverish to give the best balance to the game based on what everyone else has (I asked.)

If the person is innocent, I will receive their role. Night phase one I used it on Danielle, so I can both confirm her as town and know she is worth protecting.

If the person is guilty, they will be killed. Night phase two I used it on DetectableNinja. It was really just a gut, but I didn't like his claim and something about his participation seemed scummy.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:35:40 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:33:33 PM, nonentity wrote:
Okay, I'm on a laptop. VTL Danielle for character claim.

Unvote. I just remembered she was the first to vote Detectableninja.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:35:59 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:34:10 PM, tvellalott wrote:

FML.

I don't receive divine information. It is part of my role description that Jesus returns after three days, so I knew that.
I have a three-shot judgement power as well. Three is an arbitrary number chosen by feverish to give the best balance to the game based on what everyone else has (I asked.)

If the person is innocent, I will receive their role. Night phase one I used it on Danielle, so I can both confirm her as town and know she is worth protecting.

If the person is guilty, they will be killed. Night phase two I used it on DetectableNinja. It was really just a gut, but I didn't like his claim and something about his participation seemed scummy.

Wam! Nice!

Anyway, we still need to know Danielle's character so we can begin sorting who's lying...

But I'll unvote since there's no reason to pressure a Townie.

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:37:17 PM

FML.

Oh, never mind...UNVOTE

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:38:06 PM
VTL Man-is-good

Weak claim, someone I've never played with, and he's online.

This is for role.

nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:39:13 PM

Okay, wow.

2. M.Torres - Gabriel
3. nonentity - Luke
5. tvellalott - God - CONFIRMED TOWNIE
7. Marauder- Stephen

9. Blackhawk1331 - Saul of Tarsus - waiting to be converted, possibly by Jesus??

11.nerdykiller- Simon Peter - DEAD
12. Danielle - CONFIRMED TOWNIE
14. innomen - John the Baptist

I bolded the people who are possibly lying. Someone else is free to bold me, if they wish.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:40:02 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:39:13 PM, nonentity wrote:

Okay, wow.

2. M.Torres - Gabriel
3. nonentity - Luke
7. Marauder- Stephen

9. Blackhawk1331 - Saul of Tarsus - waiting to be converted, possibly by Jesus??

I bolded the people who are possibly lying. Someone else is free to bold me, if they wish.

If you bold Blue, you MUST bold yourself since both your characters have the exact same significance to the NT.

M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:40:30 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:38:06 PM, M.Torres wrote:
VTL Man-is-good

Weak claim, someone I've never played with, and he's online.

This is for role.

Also, "The name of Simon occurs in all the passages of the synoptic gospels and Acts that give a list of apostles, without further details" (Wiki)

So he's only named in the NT. Just named. That's it.

nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2011 5:43:14 PM
At 10/11/2011 5:40:02 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 10/11/2011 5:39:13 PM, nonentity wrote:

Okay, wow.

2. M.Torres - Gabriel
3. nonentity - Luke
7. Marauder- Stephen

If you bold Blue, you MUST bold yourself since both your characters have the exact same significance to the NT.

But I know I'm not lying so why would I bold myself?

Anyway, other than Marauder I agree that Man-is-good has the weakest claim. VTL MIG for role.