Jump to topic:

Soul calibur or tekken?

Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:36:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Which one do you like better? soul calibur or tekken?
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:38:01 PM
Neither. Those kinda games are not fun.

Although, from what I have played of them, Tekken is preferable.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:40:47 PM
At 10/12/2011 9:38:01 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Neither. Those kinda games are not fun.

Although, from what I have played of them, Tekken is preferable.

I like them both :) I play them both. I play tekken better though, lol
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:42:32 PM
I'm a bit of a Tekken wiz...
When I was in high school I was two kids, Woody and Shane. They were like, top state players. They would both thrash me, but I learnt a lot from them.

I remember I was smashed at a party once and someone put Tekken 4 on. I won 53 times in a row, playing random characters before I gave up.

I just bought Tekken 6 last week actually... I always play the girl characters. ^_^
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:42:59 PM
At 10/12/2011 9:42:32 PM, tvellalott wrote:
When I was in high school I was friends with two kids, Woody and Shane. They were like, top state players. They would both thrash me, but I learnt a lot from them.

I remember I was smashed at a party once and someone put Tekken 4 on. I won 53 times in a row, playing random characters before I gave up.

I just bought Tekken 6 last week actually... I always play the girl characters. ^_^

Fix'd

Muh threads
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:45:47 PM
When I was in high school I was two kids, Woody and Shane. They were like, top state players. They would both thrash me, but I learnt a lot from them.

cool! I played tekken 6 too! it's awesome! I've been playing tekken since I was 7, lol I'm good but not at the top yet, lol

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:49:15 PM
At 10/12/2011 9:45:47 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

cool! I played tekken 6 too! it's awesome! I've been playing tekken since I was 7, lol I'm good but not at the top yet, lol

Favourite character? Mine is Asuma Kazama.

Muh threads
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:50:47 PM

In tekken the characters I pick are Asuka and Lili, and in soul calibur I pick Xianghua and Cassandra :)

Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:51:53 PM
At 10/12/2011 9:49:15 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Favourite character? Mine is Asuma Kazama.

Cool we pick the same character, lol :)

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:55:07 PM
I heard a rumour that there aren't any girls on the internet.

Muh threads
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 9:57:35 PM
At 10/12/2011 9:55:07 PM, tvellalott wrote:

On the tekken 6 internet where you can play other people online? or on the real internet?

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:16:03 PM
At 10/12/2011 9:57:35 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

On the tekken 6 internet where you can play other people online? or on the real internet?

On the internet internet.

Muh threads
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:35:33 PM
Never played Tekken before.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:46:24 PM
At 10/12/2011 10:16:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/12/2011 9:57:35 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

On the internet internet.
I'm a girl and I'm on the internet. that rumor is false, there are a lot of girls on the internet right now, especially me.

Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 10:47:25 PM
At 10/12/2011 10:35:33 PM, phantom wrote:

You should play it! it's so much fun!

Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:23:07 PM
Yesterday I was playing tekken and I wasn't doing well because I played soul calibur for the last few days, lol

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2011 9:52:54 PM
At 10/12/2011 10:47:25 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

What gaming system is it?
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 1:51:25 PM
At 10/13/2011 9:52:54 PM, phantom wrote:
At 10/12/2011 10:47:25 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

What gaming system is it?

You can get tekken 4 and tekken 5 on the playstation 2, tekken 5 dark resurrection on the PSP and tekken 6 on playstation 3 and xbox 360. :)

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 11:19:34 PM
Soul Caliber is the best game ever and is way better than tekken. the characters are more interesting and the fighting is done through SWORDS (or wepons of some other kind)

I started playing Soul Caliber with SCII when it was out and raphiel was my favorite character to use. After SCIII came out Sigfried has been my absolute favorite.

"Never Again, Will I Bend To Anyone's Will!"
you can really feel the guilt combined with anger when the battle starts with a line from him like...
"Sinners need no mercy,....or sympathy"
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 9:41:19 PM
At 10/15/2011 11:19:34 PM, Marauder wrote:
Soul Caliber is the best game ever and is way better than tekken. the characters are more interesting and the fighting is done through SWORDS (or wepons of some other kind)

I started playing Soul Caliber with SCII when it was out and raphiel was my favorite character to use. After SCIII came out Sigfried has been my absolute favorite.

"Never Again, Will I Bend To Anyone's Will!"
you can really feel the guilt combined with anger when the battle starts with a line from him like...
"Sinners need no mercy,....or sympathy"

I started to play soul calibur with SC2 too! yeah, Sigfried is pretty cool! I pick him sometimes. My favorite characters( and the ones that I pick) are xianghua and Cassandra :) I like xianghua's saying in SC2 " Justice will prevail! Just kidding!" I like cassandra's saying in SC2" come on, gotcha!" I play SC3 the best though, lol is SC4, I like Hilde and I also kinda like Amy, because she's tough, lol

Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 9:46:01 PM
so far here are the results:

People who like tekken better: 2

People who like soul calibur better: 1

People who like them both: 1( that's me! lol)

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 1:06:29 AM
I used to play Tekken 3 quite a bit.

Btw, godsconservativegirl...

http://www.truthcannotbesilent.org...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 5:42:55 PM
At 10/17/2011 1:06:29 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I used to play Tekken 3 quite a bit.

Btw, godsconservativegirl...

http://www.truthcannotbesilent.org...

Well, you make a few good points but I differ with you on a few points. There are bloodless video games that feature good over evil. It is solely up to the player on how they choose to play the game, like soul calibur and tekken. Although God hates violence he also permits violence to occur to put an end to evil. There is righteous killing and war. I believe that bloodshed of innocent blood for evil or good purposes is a sin to God and the practice of any kind in that regard is a sin to God, but violence is not always for evil. There is good violence such as Armies, police force, combat and standing up for yourself in self defense. We thank God for well trained sharp shooters, navy seals, and marital artist that protect us in time of need. God himself is coming back as a warrior and the picture of his coming to defend Israel is not a nice one. It is full of violence. The earth is full of violence and we need to know how to balance and discern what is real from what is fake. What is evil from what is good. If its a harmless game or a harmful game. Some people are born to become men and women of war. God ordained them to be that way. The focus is on Good verse Evil. The Mexican Cartel right now is a very real problem on our U.S. borders. Do you honestly think talking is going to stop them from killing? Its going to take real violence from the side of good to stop them. Children need to know the difference. There is nothing wrong with The powerpuff girls, karate kid or kung fu panda and there is nothing wrong with Soul Calibur or tekken. That is a good reminder to pay attention to what you are playing, but as you do know, soul calibur and tekken are not those kind of games that are filled with blood and gore and not all violent video are bad and a sin against God. God is not against us playing soul calibur and tekken.

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 8:00:54 PM
What did fictional people ever do to you? You're "putting violence in your heart," in Christian language, for no significant reason. You're not training yourself to go out and kill Mexican gang members by playing Tekken. You're just enjoying violence for its own sake. Certainly valid, if you recognize mere enjoyment as a valid motive-- but Christians don't, Christians are good little slaves to God.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 6:06:06 PM
At 10/17/2011 8:00:54 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
What did fictional people ever do to you? You're "putting violence in your heart," in Christian language, for no significant reason. You're not training yourself to go out and kill Mexican gang members by playing Tekken. You're just enjoying violence for its own sake. Certainly valid, if you recognize mere enjoyment as a valid motive-- but Christians don't, Christians are good little slaves to God.

I do want to correct you on some things. Not all Christians are alike. some Christians believe that all violent games are bad, and some think that some violent games are okay, like me. some christian have beliefs that other Christians don't. for example some people believe the trinity( I do) and some don't. The question is what has fictional people ever done to anyone? I never said that I'm training myself to go out and kill Mexican gang members by playing Tekken, I gave that as an example for balancing and contrasting the difference between necessary violence and evil violence. Violence is a part of life. Violence is in every heart of every person. Mankind are born that way. The bible says" The heart is deceitfully wicked, who can know it?" That answer of course is God. With the logic of playing Tekken is putting violence in my heart, then watching Kung Fu Panda is also putting violence in my heart. Better yet, if that logic is true, then playing and watching football is also putting violence in my heart. What about Boxing or Wrestling? The list goes on and on. No one can get rid of violence. Its part of nature. The only one who can tame it and use it for the good is those who have been born again in Christ Jesus or copy his ways. Just to let you know, God is the Master of the Universe, but he gave everyone their own free will whether to love him or not. In Christ there is neither Greek or Jew, there is neither bond nor free,there is neither male nor female: for you are all one in Christ Jesus.(Galatians 3:28)

Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 6:10:14 PM
At 10/17/2011 10:51:15 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Soul calibur 4 is better.

Soul Calibur 4 is cool! :)

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2011 6:17:01 PM
At 10/18/2011 6:06:06 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

I do want to correct you on some things. Not all Christians are alike.
True. Some Christians are more hypocritical than others.

Violence is a part of life. Violence is in every heart of every person.
And Jesus says if something is in your heart you are GUILTY of it. :P

With the logic of playing Tekken is putting violence in my heart, then watching Kung Fu Panda is also putting violence in my heart.
True. And also heathen Chinese philosophy. The consistent Christian answer is not to watch Kung Fu Panda, the consistent pro-Kung Fu Panda answer is not to be a Christian.

Better yet, if that logic is true, then playing and watching football is also putting violence in my heart. What about Boxing or Wrestling? The list goes on and on.
Indeed it does. See above.

The only one who can tame it and use it for the good is those who have been born again in Christ Jesus or copy his ways.
Jesus' ways were not to tame violence and "use it for the good", but to eschew it. Regardless, the only good such violent entertainment as this does is a selfish good, not a Christian notion of good.

but he gave everyone their own free will whether to love him or not.
And you are using your free will to play Tekken and Soul Calibur instead of loving him. :P
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 4:04:25 PM
At 10/18/2011 6:17:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 10/18/2011 6:06:06 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:

I do want to correct you on some things. Not all Christians are alike.
True. Some Christians are more hypocritical than others.

Violence is a part of life. Violence is in every heart of every person.
And Jesus says if something is in your heart you are GUILTY of it. :P

With the logic of playing Tekken is putting violence in my heart, then watching Kung Fu Panda is also putting violence in my heart.
True. And also heathen Chinese philosophy. The consistent Christian answer is not to watch Kung Fu Panda, the consistent pro-Kung Fu Panda answer is not to be a Christian.

Better yet, if that logic is true, then playing and watching football is also putting violence in my heart. What about Boxing or Wrestling? The list goes on and on.
Indeed it does. See above.

The only one who can tame it and use it for the good is those who have been born again in Christ Jesus or copy his ways.
Jesus' ways were not to tame violence and "use it for the good", but to eschew it. Regardless, the only good such violent entertainment as this does is a selfish good, not a Christian notion of good.

but he gave everyone their own free will whether to love him or not.
And you are using your free will to play Tekken and Soul Calibur instead of loving him. :P

Some Christians are more hypocritical than others.

If Christians are such hypocrites why don't you show all us Christians how to be a consistent christian by becoming one.

Jesus says if something is in your heart you are GUILTY of it.

Do you read the Bible? And if you have read it, it takes the Holy Spirit to understand it and being an atheist that's something you just wouldn't understand. For the Bible says " The fool has said in his heart there is no God". Out of the heart flows the issues of live, that's what the Bible says. Therefore violence is one of those issues.

And also heathen Chinese philosophy. The consistent Christian answer is not to watch Kung Fu Panda, the consistent pro-Kung Fu Panda answer is not to be a Christian

God is not mad at you for watching a funny family rated movie. Its not a sin. If you watch Kung Fu Panda you won't change from a christian to a heathen.

You are an atheist, what do you know about a christian notion of good? Everyone should have some selfishness of good. What's wrong with good selfishness? watching T.V is selfish good, getting your self clean each morning is selfish good, and relaxing from a busy day is a selfish good. Also, where did Jesus say to eschew violence?" Jesus taught meekness not weakness. The Bible is full of warriors like David, Joshua and even Abraham. They used violence to defeat the Godless fools.

And you are using your free will to play Tekken and Soul Calibur instead of loving him.

Yes, I have a free will and I play Soul Calibur and Tekken guiltless and love and serve God at the same time, but of course you wouldn't understand it because you have no real knowledge about God or being a Christian.

God is the same yesterday, today and forever." He said vengeance is mine, I will repay" and when Jesus comes back as a warrior it will be righteous violence.

Playing Soul Calibur and tekken is the same as playing with your toys. You can play with your toys and love God at the same time.

Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 4:06:11 PM
I just wanted to post this post to make my topic famous! yay! lol :)