Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 1.3- Mob War DP 5

medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 3:37:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Another night, another body. The Vincis continue their attack on the top of the hierarchy of the Corleones. Underboss Vito Spatafore (MIG) was found brutally murdered outside the Bada Bing Gentleman's Club. He was sitting in his car, apparently having a snack, when he was killed. Police released this photo of Vito's favorite snack.

http://www.instructables.com...

Active Players

2. F-16 Falcon
7. Mestari
9. Marcuscato
11. Blackhawk1331
13. Randolph7
14. Innomen

Sleeping With the Fishes:

Nerdykiller- Carlo Gervasi- Vinci family
Curious18- Joe Barbaro- Corleone family
Logic_on_rails- Vicenzo Mancini- Corleone family
Andromeda_Z- Paulie "Walnuts" Gaultieri- Corleone family
Lickdafoot- Don Vito Corleone- Corleone family
Greyparrot- Luca Brasi- Vinci family
Detectableninja- Henry Thomasino- Corleone family
Quarterexchange- Johnny Fontane- Vinci family
Man-is-good- Vito Spatafore- Corleone family

It takes 4 votes to lynch.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 3:50:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 3:39:54 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Bonus: The strategic move of sacrificing a team mate for the good of the team is known as what??

This going to sound really stupid, but is the answer sacrifice or something like that? If not, I haven't a clue.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 3:53:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 3:39:54 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Bonus: The strategic move of sacrificing a team mate for the good of the team is known as what??

Scratch that. Is it bussing?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:26:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:23:13 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Now, I get it! You are the jester and you want to be lynched. Right now, I feel Mestari is the most suspicious. Let's lynch him this DP.

Unvote,


VTL F-16
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:28:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:26:07 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/15/2011 4:23:13 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Now, I get it! You are the jester and you want to be lynched. Right now, I feel Mestari is the most suspicious. Let's lynch him this DP.

Unvote,


VTL F-16

Are you trying to tick me off so that I will VTL you? Not happening.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:29:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:17:02 PM, innomen wrote:
I'm still alive?!?!?

VTL Innomen.

That's what I did in the NT game, I hammered myself. I was tired of arguing a lost cause and just gave up.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:30:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Innomen, I'll offer you a deal. Just vote for Mestari, and we will lynch you next DP? Sound good? Or do you have to be lynched on an odd-numbered DP in order to win?
innomen
Posts: 10,052
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:31:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:29:29 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/15/2011 4:17:02 PM, innomen wrote:
I'm still alive?!?!?

VTL Innomen.

That's what I did in the NT game, I hammered myself. I was tired of arguing a lost cause and just gave up.

Mod's a bit active in this game.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:33:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, I'm heading out. VTL Mestari.

Based on yesterday's behavior I'm pretty sure he is mafia. He just followed whatever I did. Quarter was mafia, but when I suggested lynching Innomen, Mestari jumped on it. There is no doubt that he is mafia.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:37:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:09:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Actually, you're both right. You throw someone under the bus. Bussing, for short.

So then f-16 gets it for being the first to post it right?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:38:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:36:14 PM, innomen wrote:
At 10/15/2011 4:33:45 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Innomen, what about my offer?

Nah, i think you're mafia.

Nah, I guarantee you're wrong.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:40:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:37:26 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 10/15/2011 4:09:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Actually, you're both right. You throw someone under the bus. Bussing, for short.

So then f-16 gets it for being the first to post it right?

No, you both get it...later.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:47:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
VTL Mestari

Here's why.
1: His reasoning for not possibly being mafia is that he was mafia last game. Therefore, since this is a beginner game, medic would want other people in different roles and affiliations? LDF was Don in both games. She was the "supreme enchilada" as she put it. So, in order to get people exposed to more roles, shouldn't she have been something different this round?

2: LDF couldn't use her action NP 1 because of the actions of another player. Someone ,mestari maybe?, said that LoR used his action to use LDF's action to use f-16's action on innomen. LoR NEVER said that. He said he used his role on f-16 then innomen. If he had used it on LDF, then he would have confirmed her too. Mestari said his original role was extortionist, and he was offered to use it on LDF. He claimed that this was a new role medic made up. Medic told me that all the roles he used came from this site:http://www.glbwiki.com...
No extortionist. I think that mestari may be mafia role blocker or godfather. In the event that he is godfather, we lose 1 dp in lynching him, but it could win us the game if he's the only one. Even if there is one mafia left, there aren't that many people to chose from. We'll be down to randolph and innomen if I'm not mistake.

On a different note, should we get claims from both randolph and innomen before lynching mestari?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 4:48:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:40:42 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/15/2011 4:37:26 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 10/15/2011 4:09:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Actually, you're both right. You throw someone under the bus. Bussing, for short.

So then f-16 gets it for being the first to post it right?

No, you both get it...later.

Oh, good. I finally got the question in enough time to win a prize.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 6:19:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
"Mortui vivos docent"
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 6:33:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 6:19:06 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
"Mortui vivos docent"

Indeed they do...I learned a heck of a lot during my clinicals at the morgue. Autopsies are very helpful for healthcare providers at any level.
randolph7
Posts: 307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 9:39:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm the corleone bodyguard. I protect against harm/investigations.

NP1: I protected mestari. I figured he was most likely town from DP1, note this isnt a current endorsement.

NP2: protected myself

NP3: protected f16

NP4: Missed

Sorry havent been active lately - been sick and working a lot.
I think innomen is probably jester as well. Guessing mestari is last mafia or maybe marcusato.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 9:41:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Based on Mestari's actions in DP4, it is guaranteed that he is mafia. I pretended like I wanted to lynch Innomen and he fell right into it. Blackhawk agrees too. Marcuscato is suspicious of him as well. Just lynch him and be done with it.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 10:04:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 6:19:06 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
"Mortui vivos docent"

And that means...
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 10:21:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 10:04:03 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 10/15/2011 6:19:06 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
"Mortui vivos docent"

And that means...

The dead teach the living.
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 10:39:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 10:21:32 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/15/2011 10:04:03 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
At 10/15/2011 6:19:06 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
"Mortui vivos docent"

And that means...

The dead teach the living.

Ahhh. Thank you.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Mestari
Posts: 4,656
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2011 10:53:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/15/2011 4:47:37 PM, blackhawk1331 wrote:
VTL Mestari

Here's why.
1: His reasoning for not possibly being mafia is that he was mafia last game. Therefore, since this is a beginner game, medic would want other people in different roles and affiliations? LDF was Don in both games. She was the "supreme enchilada" as she put it. So, in order to get people exposed to more roles, shouldn't she have been something different this round?


Her power changed from game to game. There's a difference between being a Mason and being a townie with bulletproof for 3 phases. People need to experience playing mafia, just because her title was the same does not mean the experience was. Even if this isn't true, it doesn't mean I'm mafia.

2: LDF couldn't use her action NP 1 because of the actions of another player. Someone ,mestari maybe?, said that LoR used his action to use LDF's action to use f-16's action on innomen. LoR NEVER said that. He said he used his role on f-16 then innomen. If he had used it on LDF, then he would have confirmed her too. Mestari said his original role was extortionist, and he was offered to use it on LDF. He claimed that this was a new role medic made up. Medic told me that all the roles he used came from this site:http://www.glbwiki.com...

I did not say that. I said that LoR used F-16's power to investigate Innomen. LDF was the one that claimed this happened, as she said it was confirmed in the mason pm.

As for the roles, there is no reason we should believe that medic told this to you, but regardless I'm not going to try to convince you to believe me, I'll let F-16 do it.

It benefits me to kill mafia members and I know with 100% certainty that Innomen is a mafioso.

Test this statement (you can use your role tonight). If it comes back false for ANY reason, for ANY part of it, kill me immediately and don't let me say a thing in my defense. If it comes back true then you know that I am helpful to the town and that I did in fact confirm that Innomen is a mafioso. I will admit it, I am 3rd party. I cannot say "I win with the Corleones" because that is not my win condition. There is no reason that the town cannot with with me alive however, as we both need the mafia to die. The difference is that I must have a particular involvement in the mafia's death. Because of this interaction with the mafia as a victory condition, I cannot be lynched, only night-killed. (Lynch-protection was only the first 3 DPs last game). If you want to try to lynch me, go ahead, but you will be wasting a valuable town vote. Remember that I believe there are 2 mafia left (we started with 4, Innomen was recruited, and we have killed 3). There are 6 players left, 3 town, 1 third party with a town-supporting win condition, and 2 mafiosos. If you NL today, a town will die tonight to the mafia and you will be at 2 Town, 1 3rd Party, 2 Mafia. It benefits me to kill the mafia so you will still have my vote, but we will be in a must-lynch situation 2 DPs in a row. If we lynch today, and it is a townie, then another townie will die to the mafia tonight and it is game-over as we will be at a 2-2 split and unable to get a majority vote. Our best bet is to lynch a mafia today (Innomen) and we will be at 3 Town, 1 3rd Party, 1 mafia. We then have 2 DPs minimum to lynch the final mafia. Assuming a completely random lynch we would have a 20% chance DP 6 and 33% chance DP 7 of killing the last mafiosos, our best chances all game. Add in the fact that we can use logic to increase our chances and we are very likely to win.

No extortionist. I think that mestari may be mafia role blocker or godfather. In the event that he is godfather, we lose 1 dp in lynching him, but it could win us the game if he's the only one. Even if there is one mafia left, there aren't that many people to chose from. We'll be down to randolph and innomen if I'm not mistake.


Since when do you lose a DP for killing the mafia Godfather? How do you know this? A role description perhaps?



On a different note, should we get claims from both randolph and innomen before lynching mestari?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.