medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 4:43:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Beginner 2.1- Day Phase 1

Rules

1. No copy/pasting pm's. You may paraphrase, but not c/p. This is a big no-no in any mafia game.

2. Absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the game privately, outside official game threads.

3. Violation of either of the first two rules will cause you to be mod-killed, removed from the game, for cheating.

4. Votes must be in bold. If you are changing your vote, you must first unvote in bold.

5. Day Phase will last 48 hours, night phase 24 hours. We can be flexible with time limits as long as the phase isn't stagnating due to inactivity.

6. Activity is important, please be as active as possible. Anyone not posting for more than one day phase will be replaced.

7. Any questions you have may be asked in your role pm with me. This is a training game and I will answer most questions, don't be afraid to ask if you are unsure about something.

8. Have fun.

Active Players

1. F-16 Falcon
2. Crede
3. Phantom
4. Blackvoid
5. PartamRuhem
6. Spritle
7. Raisor
8. Debatersrock
9. Double_R
10. Tvellalot
11. Blackhawk
12. Lickdafoot
13. Man-is-good
14. Mestari

This game will be very basic, just using character names, which aren't much help. The goal here is to get the new players use to the jargon, as well as the mechanics of how the game is played. Next game we'll add in roles to make it a bit more interesting.

It takes 8 votes to lynch.

Go find those mafia scumbuckets.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 4:46:49 PM
At 10/16/2011 4:43:51 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Rules

1. No copy/pasting pm's. You may paraphrase, but not c/p. This is a big no-no in any mafia game.

2. Absolutely NO DISCUSSION of the game privately, outside official game threads.

3. Violation of either of the first two rules will cause you to be mod-killed, removed from the game, for cheating.

4. Votes must be in bold. If you are changing your vote, you must first unvote in bold.

5. Day Phase will last 48 hours, night phase 24 hours. We can be flexible with time limits as long as the phase isn't stagnating due to inactivity.

6. Activity is important, please be as active as possible. Anyone not posting for more than one day phase will be replaced.

7. Any questions you have may be asked in your role pm with me. This is a training game and I will answer most questions, don't be afraid to ask if you are unsure about something.

8. Have fun.

Active Players

1. F-16 Falcon
2. Crede
3. Phantom
4. Blackvoid
5. PartamRuhem
6. Spritle
7. Raisor
8. Debatersrock
9. Double_R
10. Tvellalot
11. Blackhawk
12. Lickdafoot
13. Man-is-good
: 14. Mestari

This game will be very basic, just using character names, which aren't much help. The goal here is to get the new players use to the jargon, as well as the mechanics of how the game is played. Next game we'll add in roles to make it a bit more interesting.

Why is my name last on the list? No love from my buddy Medic?
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 4:51:07 PM
Well...what to do?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 4:55:55 PM
At 10/16/2011 4:46:49 PM, Mestari wrote:
At 10/16/2011 4:43:51 PM, medic0506 wrote:

Rules

8. Have fun.

Active Players

1. F-16 Falcon
2. Crede
3. Phantom
4. Blackvoid
5. PartamRuhem
6. Spritle
7. Raisor
8. Debatersrock
9. Double_R
10. Tvellalot
11. Blackhawk
12. Lickdafoot
13. Man-is-good
: 14. Mestari

Why is my name last on the list? No love from my buddy Medic?

Cuz you were too lazy to put your name on the list. Your bud had to do it for you. Hey at least I remembered to add you.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 4:59:04 PM
At 10/16/2011 4:51:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well...what to do?

Maybe some random pressure to start things off??

And why don't you guys throw out some of the mafia terms, and explain what they mean.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:02:21 PM
At 10/16/2011 4:59:04 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/16/2011 4:51:07 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well...what to do?

Maybe some random pressure to start things off??

And why don't you guys throw out some of the mafia terms, and explain what they mean.

Moderator (Mod) (n): The member who is in charge of the game. This person carries out night actions, answers questions in role PMs, sets the rules for the game, etc. In this game, Medic is the mod.
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:18:31 PM
vtl (vote to lynch) Mestari for posting first, complaining about his list number, and being all around rather shady imo.

To the new members, i voted for Mestari although i have no intentions of lynching him. For now we can use votes to pressure people and see if maybe they say anything that sticks out as inconsistent or suspicious. Because of the way the game works, only 1/3 of people are mafia but they get to kill a member each night, its okay to not be too quick in lynching someone. We only need to get a good lynch 3 or at most 4 times, and we win. But lynching other townies will make it much harder for us.

I guess the only thing we have to do this day period is maybe get a list of character names going, even though medic says they are useless, and pressure a couple of people to see where everyone is at, to show the new members what to do.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:23:44 PM
At 10/16/2011 5:21:36 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Well, I like Lickdafoot. I also like picking on her :)
VTL Lickdafoot

lol, meep meep :P (i stole that line from our modfather)
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:24:36 PM
VTL F-16 for stagnating town progress. LDF has a legitimate reason to VTL me, random pressure. In Day Phase (DP) 1 it is important to pressure random people in order to get information. When you split the vote by trying to lynch or pressure more than 1 person at a time, you make it less likely that sufficient support for pressure or a lynch will be received, and the information desired will not be acquired. Often the mafia will try to split the vote or deflect attention from a pressure target in order to stall the town until the DP ends so that they can get a night kill while the town has not gained any valuable information.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:26:17 PM
VTL Mestari
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:29:06 PM
At 10/16/2011 5:24:36 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL F-16 for stagnating town progress. LDF has a legitimate reason to VTL me, random pressure. In Day Phase (DP) 1 it is important to pressure random people in order to get information.

This makes no sense. I explained that I am VTL'ing her because I like her.

When you split the vote by trying to lynch or pressure more than 1 person at a time, you make it less likely that sufficient support for pressure or a lynch will be received, and the information desired will not be acquired.

Well, look who is talking. The guy who wants a lot of info so he can use it during the NP. You are starting to look very suspicious now.

Often the mafia will try to split the vote or deflect attention from a pressure target in order to stall the town until the DP ends so that they can get a night kill while the town has not gained any valuable information.

Often being the keyword, not always.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:32:49 PM
At 10/16/2011 5:29:06 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/16/2011 5:24:36 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL F-16 for stagnating town progress. LDF has a legitimate reason to VTL me, random pressure. In Day Phase (DP) 1 it is important to pressure random people in order to get information.

This makes no sense. I explained that I am VTL'ing her because I like her.

You can say you like her all you want, yet it does not reveal your true intentions.

When you split the vote by trying to lynch or pressure more than 1 person at a time, you make it less likely that sufficient support for pressure or a lynch will be received, and the information desired will not be acquired.

Well, look who is talking. The guy who wants a lot of info so he can use it during the NP. You are starting to look very suspicious now.

Information from random pressure can be good since it is harder for the mafia to fake-claim early on when other players have not revealed their roles. I'm not asking the doctor to come out and say "wazzup everyone!" but rather am deploying a common DP 1 town strategy. I changed the pressure to you because your deflection has made you seem suspicious.

Often the mafia will try to split the vote or deflect attention from a pressure target in order to stall the town until the DP ends so that they can get a night kill while the town has not gained any valuable information.

Often being the keyword, not always.

So because the mafia sometimes does not employ a specific strategy, it proves that you currently are not doing so?
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 5:57:47 PM
I think we should all change our votes to vtl crede. he was online obviously, he posted a message in the announcement thread, but he's evading this place. you with me?

You guys need to stop bickering amongst yourselves and try to get the newbs talking :P

unvote Vtl Crede
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:00:09 PM
At 10/16/2011 5:57:47 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I think we should all change our votes to vtl crede. he was online obviously, he posted a message in the announcement thread, but he's evading this place. you with me?

You guys need to stop bickering amongst yourselves and try to get the newbs talking :P

unvote Vtl Crede

I'll unvote at your request, but I think Crede is just lost right now, so I'll spare him. Unvote.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:03:58 PM

unvote Vtl Crede

Just sifting through the posts. I'm here most definitely. Why single me out of all the noobs?
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:04:29 PM
At 10/16/2011 6:03:03 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Both good ideas from LDF and Mes.
Unvote

F-16 actually thinks that one of my ideas is good for once... Now THAT is suspicious.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:07:46 PM
At 10/16/2011 6:04:29 PM, Mestari wrote:
Unvote

F-16 actually thinks that one of my ideas is good for once... Now THAT is suspicious.

It shouldn't be. I always think you have great ideas when you are debating. Nothing about what I said is suspicious.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:08:13 PM
At 10/16/2011 6:03:58 PM, Crede wrote:

unvote Vtl Crede

Just sifting through the posts. I'm here most definitely. Why single me out of all the noobs?

just cause i saw you messaged in the announcement pm so i knew you were online. i know it's a new game to you but do you have any thoughts about how to help out town eliminate mafia?
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:08:53 PM
At 10/16/2011 6:07:46 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/16/2011 6:04:29 PM, Mestari wrote:
Unvote

It shouldn't be. I always think you have great ideas when you are debating. Nothing about what I said is suspicious.

"F-16 actually thinks that one of my ideas [in a mafia game] is good for once... Now THAT is suspicious."

Fix'd*

And I'm just kidding anyway.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:11:09 PM
So Lickdafoot has already VTL'd 2 people. Doesn't that seem a little lynch zealous? I think you are trying to get everyone to look at you for advice to secure your own life when you are actually the wolf in sheeps clothing.
VTL Lickdafoot
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:11:59 PM
At 10/16/2011 6:11:09 PM, Crede wrote:
So Lickdafoot has already VTL'd 2 people. Doesn't that seem a little lynch zealous? I think you are trying to get everyone to look at you for advice to secure your own life when you are actually the wolf in sheeps clothing.
VTL Lickdafoot

We have a feisty newb. This will be enjoyable.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:16:19 PM
VTL Lickdafoot

ok.. i was just trying to get people (you) talking. you are being rather defensive about it though.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:18:31 PM
At 10/16/2011 6:16:19 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
VTL Lickdafoot

ok.. i was just trying to get people (you) talking. you are being rather defensive about it though.

Actually, you bring up a good point with Crede being defensive. This is exactly why vets random pressure noobs. However, since this game is meant to teach noobs, I think they need an example of a legitimate defense. I don't suspect you of a thing LDF, other than maybe a lil' somethin' somethin' with F-16, but VTL LDF.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:23:34 PM
VTL Lickdafoot

Hmmm, well I think you are just confirming my last post here. Pick on the noob to take attention from yourself. There are other noobs out there, so to single me out in trying to get people to talk is now a direct line of concentration. My vote still stands.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:24:48 PM
At 10/16/2011 6:23:34 PM, Crede wrote:
VTL Lickdafoot

Hmmm, well I think you are just confirming my last post here. Pick on the noob to take attention from yourself. There are other noobs out there, so to single me out in trying to get people to talk is now a direct line of concentration. My vote still stands.

Veteran players randomly pressure noobs because noobs are most likely to make mistake when defending themselves as mafia members. There is nothing suspicious about LDF's vote.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:30:07 PM
At 10/16/2011 6:24:48 PM, Mestari wrote:
VTL Lickdafoot

Veteran players randomly pressure noobs because noobs are most likely to make mistake when defending themselves as mafia members. There is nothing suspicious about LDF's vote.

Well since this is supposed to be like a training game, why don't you tell us the mistakes that newbies make? I haven't been here too long and I have no idea about it. I'd like to know as well.
Crede
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:32:34 PM

Makes sense. So then how do we pressure outside of pure speculation like in this game. Just search for inconsistencies? Seems kind of lynch shy to me. But then again this is all new to me, so maybe I'll just chill a bit and see the pros work out some incoherent posts.
Unvote Lickdafoot
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2011 6:34:42 PM
VTL Lickdafoot

a direct line of concentration? i explained why i picked you though. you took the effort to ask a question in the announcement pm yet remained quiet here. i remember when i played my first game, i was curious as to how to find and vote for the mafia, so i posted. and now you are trying to twist this back towards me just for getting you to talk. i was never suggesting to lynch you, it is the first dp so there is nothing to be so defensive about.