Jump to topic:

Assassin's Creed Mafia - Day 1

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 10:20:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
NOTE: May not be completely correct chronologically (characters who were dead before this scene may still be alive for it). Also, I'll be throwing in Italian words every now and then, like the game itself. I'll try to make it so that it's pretty obvious what it means, but if you REALLY want translations, let me know in the game.

PROLOGUE

Roma—the early 1500s. The Assassins have liberated Rome from the Borgia and Templars. However, rumors have started popping up that the Templars have returned. Of course, the people and the Assassini ignored them, as there weren't any signs of them ever since the Templars were driven out.

But now, Roma has gotten a wake up call, so to speak. The people awoke to find il Ninja rilevabili [DetectableNinja], and la Rosa sociale [socialpinko] lying dead, inside the ancient Parthenon. They lay spread eagle, a single stab wound to the front of their necks. Their eyes were closed. While this is usually the modus operandi of the Assassins, the people knew that it couldn't have been their work—Ninja and spinko posed no threat to humanity. No: this was a sign of the Templars' return, but this time they're imitating the Assassini. And the worst part? The Templars are among the people of Roma.

There's initial panic and confusion, but then the people remember the city gallows, primed and ready for use....

So, good people of Roma, work together to destroy the Templars, before they become your rulers once more.

Vittoria agli Assassini! Vittoria a Roma! [Victory to the Assassins! Victory to Rome!]

RULES

1 ("MiG's rule"): Do NOT copy/paste your role PM or any other things of that nature.
2: Do NOT post in the Announcements thread. If you have questions, ask them in your role PM!
3: Do NOT discuss the game outside of the Day forums. If you're a Templar, you may obviously discuss strategy in your Templar thread.
4: Please bold all your votes for me and spinko to count.
5 (More like a tip): Once a lynch (or no-lynch) has been reached, you may send in your night actions via your Role PM; however, you may want to wait for me to post the lynch scene.
6: Once the Day has officially been ended by me (spinko is only a co-vote counter), the forum is dead! You may talk between the vote getting reached and the lynch scene (I call it Twilight), but not after.

WIN CONDITIONS

In this theme, Roma and the Assassins are the "Town." The Templars are the "Mafia." So:

Rome wins when all the Templars are dead.

The Templars win when they have an equal or greater amount of Templars to Romans (eg, with 2 Templars and 2 Romans, the Templars win).

ALIVE PLAYERS
Medic
Man-is-good
Lickdafoot
tvellalott
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Andromeda
Mestari
bluesteel
NERDYKILLER
Marauder
Rockylightning
Quarterexhange
Blackhawk1331
Logic_on_rails

It takes 8 votes for a lynch! This day will run an extra real-day long--Day 1 is tentatively set to end on Thursday at 9:00 pm, CST. We can go for longer if necessary.

Good luck! Have fun!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:26:48 AM
I win with Roma.

^^ Hopefully that confirms me because my role REALLY sucks and can be easily faked (and I've seen people fake claim it before, unsuccessfully).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:27:10 AM
At 10/17/2011 10:20:09 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:
NOTE: May not be completely correct chronologically (characters who were dead before this scene may still be alive for it). Also, I'll be throwing in Italian words every now and then, like the game itself. I'll try to make it so that it's pretty obvious what it means, but if you REALLY want translations, let me know in the game.

PROLOGUE

Roma—the early 1500s. The Assassins have liberated Rome from the Borgia and Templars. However, rumors have started popping up that the Templars have returned. Of course, the people and the Assassini ignored them, as there weren't any signs of them ever since the Templars were driven out.

But now, Roma has gotten a wake up call, so to speak. The people awoke to find il Ninja rilevabili [DetectableNinja], and la Rosa sociale [socialpinko] lying dead, inside the ancient Parthenon. They lay spread eagle, a single stab wound to the front of their necks. Their eyes were closed. While this is usually the modus operandi of the Assassins, the people knew that it couldn't have been their work—Ninja and spinko posed no threat to humanity. No: this was a sign of the Templars' return, but this time they're imitating the Assassini. And the worst part? The Templars are among the people of Roma.

There's initial panic and confusion, but then the people remember the city gallows, primed and ready for use....

So, good people of Roma, work together to destroy the Templars, before they become your rulers once more.

Vittoria agli Assassini! Vittoria a Roma! [Victory to the Assassins! Victory to Rome!]

RULES

1 ("MiG's rule"): Do NOT copy/paste your role PM or any other things of that nature.
2: Do NOT post in the Announcements thread. If you have questions, ask them in your role PM!
3: Do NOT discuss the game outside of the Day forums. If you're a Templar, you may obviously discuss strategy in your Templar thread.
4: Please bold all your votes for me and spinko to count.
5 (More like a tip): Once a lynch (or no-lynch) has been reached, you may send in your night actions via your Role PM; however, you may want to wait for me to post the lynch scene.
6: Once the Day has officially been ended by me (spinko is only a co-vote counter), the forum is dead! You may talk between the vote getting reached and the lynch scene (I call it Twilight), but not after.

WIN CONDITIONS

In this theme, Roma and the Assassins are the "Town." The Templars are the "Mafia." So:

Rome wins when all the Templars are dead.

The Templars win when they have an equal or greater amount of Templars to Romans (eg, with 2 Templars and 2 Romans, the Templars win).

ALIVE PLAYERS
Medic
Man-is-good
Lickdafoot
tvellalott
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Andromeda
Mestari
bluesteel
NERDYKILLER
Marauder
Rockylightning
Quarterexhange
Blackhawk1331
Logic_on_rails

It takes 8 votes for a lynch! This day will run an extra real-day long--Day 1 is tentatively set to end on Thursday at 9:00 pm, CST. We can go for longer if necessary.

Good luck! Have fun!

First, I win with Roma. Since I haven't seen Rocky playing mafia before, I say we make him the center of attention first.

VTL Rockylightning
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:28:17 AM
At 10/17/2011 11:26:48 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I win with Roma.

^^ Hopefully that confirms me because my role REALLY sucks and can be easily faked (and I've seen people fake claim it before, unsuccessfully).

phew, inb4 medic. Same time though really.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:31:34 AM
Well I guess the OP hints at it, but since there are both Roma and "Assassins" in the OP, only a townie would risk saying it.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:32:25 AM
VTL rocky for character claim

then medic is next
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:32:49 AM
Well, he said the Roma thing too so nvm.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:34:03 AM
At 10/17/2011 11:28:17 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 10/17/2011 11:26:48 AM, bluesteel wrote:
I win with Roma.

phew, inb4 medic. Same time though really.

Got me by 22 seconds.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:39:21 AM
Just to let you know, the Assassins win with Roma. So, if you're an Assassin, you DO still win with Roma.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:41:04 AM
Also, would you guys like a link to the AC Wiki for reference?

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 11:46:50 AM
VOTE COUNT
Rockylightning: 3/8 (Medic, bluesteel, LDF)

blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 2:40:10 PM
I win with Roma. 'twould appear that we are pressuring rockylightning, so VTL ROCKYLIGHTNIING obviously for character claim and nothing else.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 2:52:37 PM
I win with Roma...And seeing the fact that I haven't played with Rocky yet, I'll VTL Rocky.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 3:10:32 PM
I win with Roma.

I find it a little odd that MIG added a 6th vote to Rocky's pressure. I normally stop at 5 votes personally on 8 votes to lynch. Nevertheless, this is a trivial point. Obviously, I'm not voting as Rocky already has significant pressure on him.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 3:19:59 PM
At 10/17/2011 3:10:32 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
I win with Roma.

I find it a little odd that MIG added a 6th vote to Rocky's pressure. I normally stop at 5 votes personally on 8 votes to lynch. Nevertheless, this is a trivial point. Obviously, I'm not voting as Rocky already has significant pressure on him.

UNVOTE

Sorry, I didn't realize that there were already five votes yet....

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 4:12:51 PM
I win with Roma.

I'm not adding another vote as Rocky has sufficient pressure.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:23:23 PM
God dam. This is my fourth time playing mafia. 2 out of 3 of my previous games I was lynched and a townie.

I see this is a theme.

I win with Roma.
I am the equivilant of nilla townie, has ninja posted a list of possible roles? If so I would claim the exact one.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:28:47 PM
VTL Medic---

Let's see some character roles, Medic.

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:29:13 PM
At 10/17/2011 6:23:23 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
God dam. This is my fourth time playing mafia. 2 out of 3 of my previous games I was lynched and a townie.

I see this is a theme.

I win with Roma.
I am the equivilant of nilla townie, has ninja posted a list of possible roles? If so I would claim the exact one.

No, most games there is no list of possible roles. You really didn't need to roleclaim, though. It was just random pressure for a character. unvote.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:29:57 PM
At 10/17/2011 6:29:13 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I see this is a theme.

I win with Roma.

No, most games there is no list of possible roles. You really didn't need to roleclaim, though. It was just random pressure for a character. unvote.

Wait, you never gave a character, you just claimed vanilla...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:32:29 PM
VOTE COUNT
Rockylightning: 3/8 (Medic, bluesteel, LDF)
Medic: 2/8 (MIG, Rocky)

bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:35:28 PM
1) rockylightning, vanilla claims are suspect. We want your CHARACTER anyways.

2) medic don't claim. You said you won with Roma, just like me. There's no need for you to claim. FOS man-is-good for bandwagoning on that bs.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:35:39 PM
At 10/17/2011 6:32:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
VOTE COUNT
Rockylightning: 5/8 (Medic, bluesteel, LDF, F16, blackhawk)
Medic: 2/8 (MIG, Rocky)

Fix'd

medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:46:31 PM

I see this is a theme.

I win with Roma.

It's just a friendly welcome back party. We didn't want your role, just a character claim.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:51:31 PM
At 10/17/2011 6:28:47 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
VTL Medic---

And I too will point a FOS @ Mig for later, for bandwaggoning with the player being pressured before he even gives the character claim we were looking for.
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2011 6:57:37 PM
At 10/17/2011 6:51:31 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/17/2011 6:28:47 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
VTL Medic---

And I too will point a FOS @ Mig for later, for bandwaggoning with the player being pressured before he even gives the character claim we were looking for.

UNVOTE