Jump to topic:

Assassin's Creed Mafia - Day 2

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 6:42:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A scream, followed about an hour after by a cry of grief is heard in the Night. The people fear the worst, but procrastinate to investigate until morning.

As the sun rises, the Romans hesitantly exit their abodes and begin looking for the source of the cries—it doesn't take long to find it. The door to Da Vinci's workshop stands ajar. Inside is a horrifying, tragic, and altogether bizarre scene. Leonardo Da Vinci [Marauder] lay on the ground—a brutal stab wound to the stomach. The acrid smell indicates the blade was laced with poison. Da Vinci appeared to be ready to go out when his all too kindly ways opened the door to his death.

Laying next to him, his head resting on Da Vinci's chest, was Salai [Man-is-Good], his assistant. From the dagger that was obviously driven through his heart by himself, it's apparent their relationship was more than business...

Then, the horror emerges. The people discover that Da Vinci's home was littered with diagrams of the human anatomy—perfect for providing medical care (along with a half-finished Mona Lisa. A pity the world will never see it now). Although tragic, the people are relieved to find nothing of use on Salai. He was nothing more than a lover.

As a show of respect, the people quietly leave the two lovers to be together in their shop for eternity.

Che la morte ti dia la pace che cercavi. [May death provide you the peace you sought.]

Requiescat in pace.

DEAD ROLE PMS
Marauder - You are Leonardo da Vinci, an ally of the Assassini and part of Roma. You are a true Renaissance man, and your study of human anatomy gives you the ability to prevent someone from dying. Every Night, you may choose to select ONE and ONLY ONE other player to protect throughout the Night. However, your lover, Salai, is linked to you on a deep level: should he die, you will kill yourself out of grief. You win with Roma.

Man-is-Good - You are Salai [The Devil], assistant and lover to Leonardo da Vinci, and part of Roma. You have no special powers, but, if your lover dies, you will kill yourself out of despair. You win with Roma.

LIVING PLAYERS
Medic
Lickdafoot
tvellalott
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Andromeda
Mestari
bluesteel
NERDYKILLER
Rockylightning
Quarterexhange
Blackhawk1331
Logic_on_rails

It takes 7 votes for a lynch. Day 2 is set to end on Friday at 9:30 pm, CST.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 7:28:43 PM
Well with one big blow (no pun intended), if TV is telling the truth, we're prolly down to 7:4:1. We don't have a whole lotta room for mistakes. Anyone come up with anything??
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 8:19:15 PM
Having nothing else, VTL blackhawk
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 9:26:55 PM
Here's our list from last phase, updated...

Medic
Man-is-good- Salai- Vanilla- Roma- DEAD
Lickdafoot
tvellalott- Subject 16- 3rd Party Survivor- Gets to leave us a big FU when he dies.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Andromeda
Mestari
bluesteel
NERDYKILLER
Marauder- Leonardo da Vinci- Protector- Roma- DEAD
Rockylightning- Marguerita dei Campi- Vanilla- Roma
Quarterexhange
Blackhawk1331
Logic_on_rails
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 9:33:11 PM
THE REAPER'S SCOREBOARD
blackhawk1331: 3/7 (bluesteel, F16, medic)
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:06:59 PM
MIG just can't catch a break, huh? i see the mafia went after a rather smart player, and the town keeps going after newer ones... i'll vtl backhawk to see what happens, or if anyone has some information.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:47:54 PM
I am Nicholo Maciavelli and I win with Roma.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:49:27 PM
VTL BLUESTEAL for character claim. He pulled me out of nowhere so I want a character claim from him.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:54:51 PM
At 10/19/2011 10:21:07 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
VTL Blackhawk for claim.

I have two votes so no one else vote.

How did you come by an extra vote?? Is it good for all votes you make this phase or just the first one??
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:58:36 PM
whatever...

I'm Claudia Auditore da Firenze. My whores spy for me and I get random info from the mod every night. But basically the info will all be completely useless, at least that's what spinko told detectable to tell me. The info I got last NP was <gasp> there are 4 mafia.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 10:59:40 PM
At 10/19/2011 10:54:51 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/19/2011 10:21:07 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
VTL Blackhawk for claim.

I have two votes so no one else vote.

How did you come by an extra vote?? Is it good for all votes you make this phase or just the first one??

I get an extra vote every even numbered DP

Unvote
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:00:10 PM
Medic
Lickdafoot
tvellalott- Subject 16- 3rd Party Survivor- Gets to leave us a big FU when he dies.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Andromeda
Mestari
bluesteel
NERDYKILLER
Quarterexhange
Blackhawk1331- Nicolo Maciavelli- Roma
Logic_on_rails

Unvote
VTL Blue
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:08:05 PM
Medic
Lickdafoot
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Andromeda
Mestari
bluesteel- Claudia Auditore da Firenze- Spy- Roma
NERDYKILLER
Quarterexhange
Blackhawk1331- Nicolo Maciavelli- Roma
Logic_on_rails

He claimed Roma last round so I added that.

Unvote
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2011 11:53:07 PM
i have to say, i find it just a bit suspect that bluesteel and medic have confirmed each other through saying they won with the romas. couldn't a mafia member have asked detectableninja what the other team was called (which seems something one of the two of you would think to do?) bluesteel's role claim is one that cannot be proven really, unless theres a lie detector. It might be paranoia but it's all too fitting...
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:26:47 AM
At 10/19/2011 11:53:07 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
i have to say, i find it just a bit suspect that bluesteel and medic have confirmed each other through saying they won with the romas. couldn't a mafia member have asked detectableninja what the other team was called (which seems something one of the two of you would think to do?) bluesteel's role claim is one that cannot be proven really, unless theres a lie detector. It might be paranoia but it's all too fitting...

They aren't confirmed as every town player wins with Roma (see Detectable's post DP 1) , so their saying so doesn't mean much other than being useful to a lie detector.

On that note, everybody should be saying I win with Roma. I win with Roma.

I must confess, I find Bluesteel's claim particularly shady. 'Psychic' like information is a common Mafia fake claim, and even if he was town it's a fairly useless role. However we must proceed with caution. A mislynch and we effectively have no vig (if the vig hit wrong we'd lose assuming the Mafia kill went through) .

Currently we are pressing Mestari for a character claim. I'll help out.

VTL Mestari
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:32:39 AM

What if I hadn't said that he said it last round before adding it on the list, then someone would have jumped on that. I think you're being a bit paranoid. I haven't confirmed anything except that he did indeed say that he wins with Roma. We already know that the other team is called the Templars. I asked that when I got my role pm and it said Roma.

As for his role claim, he'll have to answer your concerns.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:40:45 AM

Btw, how do you know that a role pm sent to a mafia player doesn't mention Roma?? There's only one way you could know that.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:51:22 AM
I'm fairly certain logic_on_rails is mafia. I said "I win with Roma" first. Mafia don't know what townie role PM's look like and it's not like the mod is going to tell them that. I would never try to "guess" what townie role PM's said. Even if the mod said that one team was Roma + assassins, that doesn't mean the role PM's couldn't still say "I win with the town" at the end.

Also, note that I said FIRST THING DP1 that my role was lame and unconfirmable. I've never denied this fact. Why do you think I role claimed instead of just character? C'mon. You all know me better than this. I HATE this role as a fake claim, since it is SO uncomfirmable. I would never make this as a fake claim and definitely not when I'm not being pressured for role.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 12:52:54 AM
At least I'm no more suspect than Rocky's vanilla claim, but w/e. We need more claims, unless you guys want to VTNL again...
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 1:38:21 AM
VTL Bluesteel.

I am Ezio Auditore da Firenze. The idea of two characters gaining information over the NP seems quite suspect to me. I am going to roleclaim to explain why I am VTLing Bluesteel. My power is eagle vision. This allows me to pick up on small details and thus I am a JOAT of investigators. I have a 1-shot Lie Detect, Cop Investigation, and Watcher. There are certain limitations on my powers as to whom in the mafia I can target and what I can find out that each role would not normally face, but I feel that the mafia does not need to know the specific details. If I do not use an investigation, I gain a piece of information. As I did not know who was mafia quite yet, I opted for information. Medic was (for reasons unverified) unable to be killed last night. I find it quite suspect that two characters would gain information over the night phase especially since my information may turn out to be valuable while Bluesteel's is supposedly useless.

It also seems likely that a mafioso would claim that they are unconfirmable in the beginning as it would give them an out later. If TV is telling the truth, then he is also unconfirmable, and based on MIG's role description he was as well. This would give us 3 non-confirmable players outside of the mafia AND characters who die together AND we have no evidence of a vig yet. This is all in DP 2. I doubt that any mod can be that poor at game balance.

Me being an investigator of sorts instead of the vig seems strange, but it would explain the lack of a townie night kill. Hopefully there is another assassin out the (it seems that we would need a vig with characters whose fate's are tied) who just failed to kill NP 1 or chose not to.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 2:52:32 AM
Medic
Man-is-good - Salai - Vanilla- Roma - DEAD
Lickdafoot
tvellalott - Subject 16 - 3rd Party Survivor - Gets to leave us a big FU when he dies.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Andromeda
Mestari - Ezio Auditore da Firenze - JOAT Investigator - Roma
bluesteel - Claudia Auditore da Firenze - Spy - Roma
NERDYKILLER
Marauder- Leonardo da Vinci - Protector - Roma - DEAD
Quarterexhange
Blackhawk1331 - Nicolo Maciavelli - Roma
Logic_on_rails
Rules of Mafia

2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 3:02:27 AM
Just noting - Medic bandwagoned onto Bluesteel's VTL without any justification. He also subtly tried to extract information from QE without seeming suspicious by asking about how he acquired a double-vote, as if to find it if it were QE's role or an external power being used on him. Medic also headed the "Hey, let's lynch TV just because he is 3rd party" movement. As town it seems logical we would want TV alive because he is such a good player and he cannot win without us, but must aid us as he tries to win. The mafia would obviously want TV dead so that he cannot pose a threat to them.

I am leaving my VTL on Bluesteel until more opinions stream in. After Bluesteel I recommend a FoS on Medic.
Rules of Mafia

5. DP1 lynches are good.