Total Posts:337|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Beginner Mafia 2.1- Day Phase 3

medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 3:14:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Toontown wakes up late this morning without the crow of a rooster, and the unmistakeable smell of boiling chicken permeates the air. Foghorn Leghorn is the latest victim of the Looney Mafia, and rests in pieces in the mafia's stew pot.

Active Players

1. F-16 Falcon
2. Crede
4. Blackvoid
5. Raisor2
6. Spritle
7. Logic
8. Spinko
10. Tvellalot
11. Blackhawk
12. Lickdafoot
13. Man-is-good
14. Mestari

Cartoon Cemetary:
Raisor- Porky Pig- Town
Double_R- Tweety Bird- Town
Mig- Yosemite Sam- Town
Phantom- Foghorn Leghorn- Town

It takes 7 votes to lynch.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 3:36:17 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well, Raisor's magic worked like a charm...I'd be asking Medic to bury myself upside down so you can kiss my a**, though I'm dead...and in my coffin--

You toonies didn't bury me with my pistol, or upside down...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:35:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, I think we have enough info to actually kill a mafia. This is going off of Blackhawk's and my discussion toward the end of Day Phase 2.

1) Blackhawk was very subtly trying to get a lynch on me or Blackvoid. After Raisor pointed it out, he bandwagoned on it. Raisor had a good reason to suspect because he didn't know that we were randomly pressuring a noob. Blackhawk knew but jumped on it because he could put suspicion on two townies with one try.

2) This is not the only inconsistency with Blackhawk. I believe Lickdafoot found another one when he talked about the death description and his character claim. I am still waiting to hear what it was that LDF found.

3) He forgets that he has not voted before TWICE. Unless he has some serious memory loss, he is definitely lying.

4) For some reason he doesn't hammer MIG until Lickdafoot gives her okay to do it. It was a fvcking obvious hammer but he needs her permission. Why? He is being hyper-aware and super cautious because we might be onto him.

The sign of a liar is inconsistency. Blackhawk has been very inconsistent. I want Blackhawk to explain this. We were arguing toward the end of the DP and now is the time to renew the discussion and see if he shows some scumtell, and if so, lynch our first mafia.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:35:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
so.. mafia is doing our job for us, huh? getting rid of all the inactives. what the hell! even with logic and spinko in, no one playing is dying.

Vtl Spritle for coasting through the game without helping much.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:37:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 5:35:58 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
so.. mafia is doing our job for us, huh? getting rid of all the inactives. what the hell! even with logic and spinko in, no one playing is dying.

Vtl Spritle for coasting through the game without helping much.

Hey, I just found a bunch of evidence against Blackhawk. I am all for random pressures but don't you think we should investigate this further?
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:37:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 5:35:32 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

2) This is not the only inconsistency with Blackhawk. I believe Lickdafoot found another one when he talked about the death description and his character claim. I am still waiting to hear what it was that LDF found.


it was nothing, characters are pointless. just reading too much into what medic posted.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:39:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 5:37:19 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 10/20/2011 5:35:58 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
so.. mafia is doing our job for us, huh? getting rid of all the inactives. what the hell! even with logic and spinko in, no one playing is dying.

Vtl Spritle for coasting through the game without helping much.

Hey, I just found a bunch of evidence against Blackhawk. I am all for random pressures but don't you think we should investigate this further?

it wasn't random. let me think on the blackhawk matter, idk at this point. i can guess that either him or you are in mafia.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:40:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So....
I'm still not dead?

How peculiar.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:42:45 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 5:40:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:
So....
I'm still not dead?

How peculiar.

i guess it would make sense that medic made you mafia and asked you to help both town and mafia out by eliminating people who aren't active.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Crede
Posts: 455
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:53:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 5:40:48 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
But everything else is still true.

I think you have some valid reasonings here. If nothing else Blackhawk should explain himself better, especially since he said he honestly forgot but then did it again in the next DP. I have been thinking his first hammer was suspicious and haven't really forgotten it yet. If nothing else some pressure can hopefully pull out some honesty here and get him talking. VTL Blackhawk
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 5:55:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 5:42:45 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 10/20/2011 5:40:38 PM, tvellalott wrote:
So....
I'm still not dead?

How peculiar.

i guess it would make sense that medic made you mafia and asked you to help both town and mafia out by eliminating people who aren't active.

But I'm genuinely not mafia!
I just can't work out the reasoning behind the night kills...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 6:19:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay, let's try to figure them out.

1) Double_R
2) Phantom

One player is good and one is a noob. The only thing they have in common is that they did not post a lot. So the mafia either wanted to:

1) Eliminate players who are not contributing
2) Pick people so that we wouldn't know why they picked them

Either way I feel like they want to throw us off our scent. I think I can eliminate Raisor because he would have taken TV out, because it was quite obvious TV was going to go after him next. Need more activity on this thread. No one seems to be online.
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 6:57:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In the absence of something drastic this DP, Im going to stake my VTL on TV.

Hes been talking the big talk all game about how he should be the one mafia kill first, how it seems logical that he would be mafia, etc. At the beginning of the game he said "mafia should be obvious so we can move on to bigger and better things" (paraphrased).

Then when someone jumps on this to VTL him, TV paints it as an obvious mafia tell- even going so far as to say "obvious mafia is obvious." He then builds a case out of pretty much thin air and pushes the VTL through, in the end lynching an innocent man.

He continues to say things like "I simply cant understand the mafia's line of thought! Why wouldnt they kill me??" Of course, one reason would be that TV IS mafia.

Really this all provides more support for lynching than any of the evidence we've had in MIG's lynching or in the martyring of our tragic first victim.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:00:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Raisor, I see your point. I really feel that TV just might be the mafia but my main point is why would mafia draw attention to themselves? They would want to stay in the background, because that is how they will win. Don't you think?
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:02:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Also, I really don't want to get rid of TV or Lickdafoot this early because they are good players who everyone can learn from. I am more interested in going after okay players who are being inconsistent and have been caught lying.
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:11:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:00:33 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
I really feel that TV just might be the mafia but my main point is why would mafia draw attention to themselves?

Lets let TV answer you in his own words: "Mafia, please make yourselves very obvious so we can get this game over quickly and move on to bigger and better things."
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:12:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:02:56 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
Also, I really don't want to get rid of TV or Lickdafoot this early because they are good players who everyone can learn from.

Ok, lets compromise. We keept Lickdafoot and VTL TV.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:14:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 3:36:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, Raisor's magic worked like a charm...I'd be asking Medic to bury myself upside down so you can kiss my a**, though I'm dead...and in my coffin--

You toonies didn't bury me with my pistol, or upside down...

lol
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:18:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 6:57:15 PM, Raisor wrote:
Then when someone jumps on this to VTL him, TV paints it as an obvious mafia tell- even going so far as to say "obvious mafia is obvious." He then builds a case out of pretty much thin air and pushes the VTL through, in the end lynching an innocent man.

Hang on, hang on.
Other people followed my logic regarding MiG and it took 6 votes to kill him. I think you're just being paranoid. I'm not infallible FFS.
What he did was legitimately suspicious.

He continues to say things like "I simply cant understand the mafia's line of thought! Why wouldnt they kill me??" Of course, one reason would be that TV IS mafia.
BECAUSE I CAN'T!

Really this all provides more support for lynching than any of the evidence we've had in MIG's lynching or in the martyring of our tragic first victim.
Look Raisor...

This is what you're saying:
"TV said that if he were mafia, the mafia would have killed him. The mafia didn't kill him so he is probably mafia."
However, this would imply that you're going to take my advice.
So I ask you... why would I say that?

What you have to learn is that taking a direct approach to this game is fail. You have to make people think it was their idea to do what you want them to do.

Has it occurred to you that I specifically made myself seem suspicious SO the mafia would rely on me being lynched rather than night killing me?

Think outside of the box my friend, because your tunnel on me is counter-productive.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Posts: 18,324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:18:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Okay. But before we make a decision, I got to tell you something. Last game (essentially my very first or second game depending on how you count it), Lickdafoot and I were both town. She identified all the mafia, and we were winning. She got killed. Me and Blackhawk were left at the end and we lost. Me because I was a noob and Blackhawk because he just couldn't identify the mafia and let himself be convinced by the mafia. If an experienced player like LDF or TV were there, we could have won. The reason I want to get rid of Blackhawk is that

1) He is lying so he is mafia

2) Even IF he is town, he is not going to be as useful as TV or LDF. If it was down to 4-5 people in the end, I would rather have them both at my side than Blackhawk.

That's where my reasoning is coming from. If you still want the compromise, we can certainly consider VTLing TV because at the moment, I find him more suspicious than LDF.
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:19:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:14:30 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/20/2011 3:36:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, Raisor's magic worked like a charm...I'd be asking Medic to bury myself upside down so you can kiss my a**, though I'm dead...and in my coffin--

You toonies didn't bury me with my pistol, or upside down...

lol

Im going to dig up MIG's body for spare parts, in case they are needed to make Raisor v3.
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:24:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
F-16, I still want to compromise. Lets VTL TV.

You could flip your argument around anyways. Its more dangerous to have TV or Lickdafoot alive as mafia than to have a less experienced/able player like Blackhawk as mafia.

Anyways, Im not going to press the case with TV anymore. Thats where Im sticking my VTL unless something exceptionally convincing happens. Ive put my case out there, its up to the town to decide their course of action.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:25:04 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:19:50 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:14:30 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/20/2011 3:36:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, Raisor's magic worked like a charm...I'd be asking Medic to bury myself upside down so you can kiss my a**, though I'm dead...and in my coffin--

You toonies didn't bury me with my pistol, or upside down...

lol

Im going to dig up MIG's body for spare parts, in case they are needed to make Raisor v3.

Medic, who would win in a fight--Pluto or Satan?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:25:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:24:25 PM, Raisor wrote:
F-16, I still want to compromise. Lets VTL TV.

You could flip your argument around anyways. Its more dangerous to have TV or Lickdafoot alive as mafia than to have a less experienced/able player like Blackhawk as mafia.

Anyways, Im not going to press the case with TV anymore. Thats where Im sticking my VTL unless something exceptionally convincing happens. Ive put my case out there, its up to the town to decide their course of action.

*facepalm* Your case sucks.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Raisor
Posts: 4,459
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:26:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:25:40 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:24:25 PM, Raisor wrote:
F-16, I still want to compromise. Lets VTL TV.

You could flip your argument around anyways. Its more dangerous to have TV or Lickdafoot alive as mafia than to have a less experienced/able player like Blackhawk as mafia.

Anyways, Im not going to press the case with TV anymore. Thats where Im sticking my VTL unless something exceptionally convincing happens. Ive put my case out there, its up to the town to decide their course of action.

*facepalm* Your case sucks.

Well if a sucky case can lynch MIG maybe it can lynch you too. Only time will tell.
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:30:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:26:57 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:25:40 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:24:25 PM, Raisor wrote:
F-16, I still want to compromise. Lets VTL TV.

You could flip your argument around anyways. Its more dangerous to have TV or Lickdafoot alive as mafia than to have a less experienced/able player like Blackhawk as mafia.

Anyways, Im not going to press the case with TV anymore. Thats where Im sticking my VTL unless something exceptionally convincing happens. Ive put my case out there, its up to the town to decide their course of action.

*facepalm* Your case sucks.

Well if a sucky case can lynch MIG maybe it can lynch you too. Only time will tell.

Will you put your life on me being mafia? If I allow myself to be lynched, when I show up as town, will you allow yourself to be lynched tomorrow?

Just how sure are you?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:32:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:25:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:19:50 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:14:30 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/20/2011 3:36:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, Raisor's magic worked like a charm...I'd be asking Medic to bury myself upside down so you can kiss my a**, though I'm dead...and in my coffin--

You toonies didn't bury me with my pistol, or upside down...

lol

Im going to dig up MIG's body for spare parts, in case they are needed to make Raisor v3.

Medic, who would win in a fight--Pluto or Satan?

Pluto could win if he's Christian and prayed for God's help. If he's not Christian then I'd prolly put money on Satan.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2011 7:34:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/20/2011 7:32:08 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:25:04 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:19:50 PM, Raisor wrote:
At 10/20/2011 7:14:30 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 10/20/2011 3:36:17 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
Well, Raisor's magic worked like a charm...I'd be asking Medic to bury myself upside down so you can kiss my a**, though I'm dead...and in my coffin--

You toonies didn't bury me with my pistol, or upside down...

lol

Im going to dig up MIG's body for spare parts, in case they are needed to make Raisor v3.

Medic, who would win in a fight--Pluto or Satan?

Pluto could win if he's Christian and prayed for God's help. If he's not Christian then I'd prolly put money on Satan.

How about Death and Satan?
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau