Jump to topic:

DDO Chess Players

Logic_on_rails
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2011 6:53:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The main aim of this thread is to restart interest in chess on DDO. A while back me, OMG and Kohai were the main top chess players on DDO. With new members on DDO I figure more strong players exist now and invite them to join.

Of course, I welcome all chess players to join, particularly as skill is relative. The site we use is chess.com, which is free and easy to sign up for. Once you've played a few games there it'll be easy to establish a fair match between DDO chess players (meaning equal matches) .

I personally am really hoping for 2000 + players on chess.com ratings to join (I'm guessing that's around 1700 USCF; not really sure) .

Also, does anybody on DDO play Shogi? If so, could somebody teach me how to play better than a complete beginner, or tell me where to learn from. I went on a Japanese shogi site and got so badly crushed (also couldn't find the resign button) that it was embarrassing.

I'm also up for learning / playing other games like Go, but I think that Chess followed by Shogi are the best priorities. The main focus of this thread should be chess.

Finally, let's keep this thread clean and clear. PM me if you have any other questions to ask.
"Tis not in mortals to command success
But we"ll do more, Sempronius, we"ll deserve it
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 5:45:54 PM
At 10/22/2011 6:53:01 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:
The main aim of this thread is to restart interest in chess on DDO. A while back me, OMG and Kohai were the main top chess players on DDO. With new members on DDO I figure more strong players exist now and invite them to join.

Of course, I welcome all chess players to join, particularly as skill is relative. The site we use is chess.com, which is free and easy to sign up for. Once you've played a few games there it'll be easy to establish a fair match between DDO chess players (meaning equal matches) .

I personally am really hoping for 2000 + players on chess.com ratings to join (I'm guessing that's around 1700 USCF; not really sure) .

Also, does anybody on DDO play Shogi? If so, could somebody teach me how to play better than a complete beginner, or tell me where to learn from. I went on a Japanese shogi site and got so badly crushed (also couldn't find the resign button) that it was embarrassing.

I'm also up for learning / playing other games like Go, but I think that Chess followed by Shogi are the best priorities. The main focus of this thread should be chess.

Finally, let's keep this thread clean and clear. PM me if you have any other questions to ask.
I'll Join! I'll play chess!
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 5:53:03 PM
At 10/24/2011 5:45:54 PM, Godsconservativegirl wrote:
At 10/22/2011 6:53:01 PM, Logic_on_rails wrote:

I'll Join! I'll play chess!

Yeah, and if you see" Maxxjadegirl" that's me :)
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 10:22:07 AM
I just made an account as maikuru on chess.com. My skill level isn't too high but I'm happy to play anyone.

I just stated playing xiangqi, or Chinese chess, and prefer it greatly over chess. If anyone knows any good sites for that, I would love to hear about them!
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...