Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

NT mafia end game

feverish
Posts: 2,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 4:02:43 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
THIRD PARTY (winners)

Andromeda - Jesus. You are Jesus Christ, King of the Jews, son of God, and the Christian Messiah. You have a one shot protect ability and a resurrection ability which you can use once on another player (Lazarus style) and which will apply automatically to yourself on the third day phase after your demise when you will rise again. You will appear as town to investigations but you are actually a third party, alligned only with your father, God. You will win if you manage to die and the game goes on long enough for you to resurrect. Basically, it is in your interests to get yourself killed as quickly as possible.
[Can recieve messages from God, but not reply to them. After resurrection can also come second with town]

TVellalot - You are God, the Father, the benign godfather. Just like a regular godfather, you will appear innocent to investigations and be included in the mafia thread. Unlike most godfathers though, you are actually third party, alligned only with your son, Jesus. For you to win, Jesus must die and be resurrected, (this will occur automatically on the third DP after his death, but only if the game goes on long enough.) You can give me a short message each night to pass on to your son Jesus, although you can't communicate with him directly. You also have a one-shot protect, one-shot watch and one shot kill, (not quite omni-max I know) but your benovelence and infinite mercy prevent your votes from counting in the day phase. Mafia thread coming soon.
[If Jesus resurrects, God can then also come second with mafia, as well as first with Jesus]

TOWN (second place)

Innomen - You are John the Baptist, the baptist. Every NP you can choose one person to baptise. If you baptise someone on your team something good should happen to them, if you baptise someone on another team, something bad may happen to you. You win with the town.
[Town baptisms alternate between NP protection and extra vote for townie, non-town baptisms alternate between no vote and no night action (further baptism) for one DP/NP.]

Medic - You are Mary Magdalene, the town prostitute. Every NP you may choose to role block one player. You win with the town.

Social pinko - You are James the Just, brother of Jesus and investigative JOAT. You have the following one shot abilities and can use one each night phase: Allignment investigation; character investigation; lie detect; track; watch. You win with the town.

Nerdykiller - You are Simon Peter, the rock. You are a bodyguard with a one shot bulletproof ability. Each night you can choose one person to protect from harm, if your protectee is targetted, you will take the bullet. You win with the town.

Danielle - You are Thomas, the doubter. You are an investigative JOAT. You have the following one shot abilities and can use one each night phase: Allignment investigation; character investigation; lie detect; track; watch. You win with the town.
[Paranoid. Charachter check, track and watch work as normal, lie detect and alignment check give false results, this applies unless/until he investigates Jesus from which point on, he will be correct in all investigations.]

nonentity - You are Luke, the doctor. Each NP you can choose one person to protect from harm. You win with the town.

Blackhawk - You are Saul of Tartus, a loyal Jew. Right now you hate all these Christians, but you have a trip to Damascus coming up soon and who knows what could happen on that road?
[after conversion at end of NP 2, becomes Paul, the mason recruiter and alligned with the town]

bluesteel - You are Mathew Levi, the tax collector. Each NP you can tax one vote off one player of your choosing just like a regular politician. You win with the town.

M.Torres - You are Judas Iscariot, and have no special abilities at the moment. You win with the town... for now. [end of DP2 becomes third party and can begin targetting players to be recruited into mafia, if targets one townie will cause story information, if targets second townie, will die]

MAFIA (third place)

Marauder - You are Pilate, the mafia investigative JOAT, You have the following one shot abilities and can use one each night phase: Role investigation; character investigation; lie detect; track; watch. You win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon.

Detectableninja - You are Herod, the mafia baby killer. Each NP you can hunt for Jesus. You may target one player each night in addition to your mafia's main kill target. If it is Jesus, you will kill him (unless he is being protected). You win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon. [if kills Jesus then becomes vanilla mafia]

Man-is-good - You are The Whore Of Babylon, the mafia prostitute. Every NP you may choose to role block one player. You win with the mafia, mafia thread coming soon.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 12:19:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Why weren't role announced in the DP when someone died?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 5:44:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 12:19:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Why weren't role announced in the DP when someone died?

If Jesus had been announced as third-party, aligned with me, would you have lynched me?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 6:56:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 5:44:00 PM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/24/2011 12:19:46 PM, bluesteel wrote:
Why weren't role announced in the DP when someone died?

If Jesus had been announced as third-party, aligned with me, would you have lynched me?

hm, good point
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 11:58:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think had spinko remained alive the game would have progressed a little differently. he would have counterclaimed JOAT and this would have led to interesting confusion.

thats a pretty cool flavor role for Thomas, getting alignment wrong until he investigates Jesus

man-is-good had already claimed chosen to go with Simon the Zellot wanting to claim one of the 12, So when it came time to come up with a role for him, the communion was the best I could do with that. The only facts of interest about that diciple was the tradition saying it was his wedding were the water was turned to wine, so I figure his role absolutely had to connect with that if had any hope of not getting lynched. I remembered a one-shot 'note' giving role like that in the South Park game and thought 'wines in communion, communions about being 'one body', maybe Simone could become representative of that practice..."
Anyway I think that's the best that could have been done with the Simone claim.

Not to brag or anything but I called out TV and Andro were third party in the mafia thread.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:04:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
you all of course should know God probably wanted me to lose so the end game could narrate this way....

evil loses
believers win
God and Jesus win above and before all.

That's how the bible narrates things will end one day.

fun coincidence.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:46:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If you knew tv was third party, why didn't you claim lie detector and bus him?
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:47:25 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 12:46:54 AM, bluesteel wrote:
If you knew tv was third party, why didn't you claim lie detector and bus him?

I blackmailed him.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:48:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 12:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:46:54 AM, bluesteel wrote:
If you knew tv was third party, why didn't you claim lie detector and bus him?

I blackmailed him.

You threatened to out the entire mafia? It might still have worked. Doubt anyone would believe you once you came up "evil" or whatever in the OP. It would have at least confirmed marauder.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:49:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
You played well though tv. I think if I were in your shoes, I might have just been honest though. "hey town, I'm third party, i'll tell you everyone in the mafia if you lynch jesus."

lol
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:53:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 12:49:59 AM, bluesteel wrote:
You played well though tv. I think if I were in your shoes, I might have just been honest though. "hey town, I'm third party, i'll tell you everyone in the mafia if you lynch jesus."

lol

I considered that, but didn't feel like it was in the spirit of the game.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 12:54:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 12:48:57 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:46:54 AM, bluesteel wrote:
If you knew tv was third party, why didn't you claim lie detector and bus him?

I blackmailed him.

You threatened to out the entire mafia? It might still have worked. Doubt anyone would believe you once you came up "evil" or whatever in the OP. It would have at least confirmed marauder.

Well there was that, plus the fact you were all pretty much considering me confirmed (like a boss) so I had influence. I genuinely tried to help the mafia win, but their role claims were both awful.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 1:29:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I also want to add that we (the mafia) specifically didn't kill you (bluesteel) or Danielle because we wanted to win with you both still in the game.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 9:33:49 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 12:48:57 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:46:54 AM, bluesteel wrote:
If you knew tv was third party, why didn't you claim lie detector and bus him?

I blackmailed him.

You threatened to out the entire mafia? It might still have worked. Doubt anyone would believe you once you came up "evil" or whatever in the OP. It would have at least confirmed marauder.

Tv was all the real help I had, numbers wise there was just no winning with just me and man-is-good. If I led you to lynch tv to win I would need to keep you from lynching man-is-good and myself long enough to whittle down the game to just 1 town remaining.

he said he would help us win anyway, so it was really the only practical option.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 9:46:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 12:54:48 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:48:57 AM, bluesteel wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:47:25 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 10/25/2011 12:46:54 AM, bluesteel wrote:
If you knew tv was third party, why didn't you claim lie detector and bus him?

I blackmailed him.

You threatened to out the entire mafia? It might still have worked. Doubt anyone would believe you once you came up "evil" or whatever in the OP. It would have at least confirmed marauder.

Well there was that, plus the fact you were all pretty much considering me confirmed (like a boss) so I had influence. I genuinely tried to help the mafia win, but their role claims were both awful.

My claim was awesome other than the fact I could not actually do it. Stephen made so much sense to go with that role its a role you could believe is really in the game, especially with Paul being claimed as 'Saul of Tarsus'. when Paul was still refer to as Saul he's heavily associated with being at Stephens death.

a claim that real sounding did not deserve to be suspected enough to be asked to prove it for a at least a few turns.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 10:34:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Marauder, it wasn't your claim so much as your absence. I was suspicious of your lack of insight to the game, particularly because you're a Christian. Your excuse that the other game was The Avengers made no sense lol. You place the Avengers at greater importance to the Bible? :p
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 10:36:39 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I still think roles and allegiances should've been announced. The point of mafia is they have to fake claim. Tv knew he was third party and thus should've fake claimed.

And tv, I wouldn't consider winning the game with Danielle still in it an achievement :p she was absent for most of it.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 1:30:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
tv did play impressively, but once he killed jesus on DP1, all he really had to do was sit back and watch us lynch all the people with the worst claims first.

although, if you wanted the mafia to win, you should have prob killed MiG instead of dninja (although I can't remember if this was before or after MiG claimed).
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 3:39:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 1:30:47 PM, bluesteel wrote:
tv did play impressively, but once he killed jesus on DP1, all he really had to do was sit back and watch us lynch all the people with the worst claims first.

although, if you wanted the mafia to win, you should have prob killed MiG instead of dninja (although I can't remember if this was before or after MiG claimed).

It was before he claimed. before there was any attention on any of us. The unprovoked vig kill of our own team mate let me know for sure he was third party.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Posts: 3,271
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 3:43:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 10:34:50 AM, nonentity wrote:
Marauder, it wasn't your claim so much as your absence. I was suspicious of your lack of insight to the game, particularly because you're a Christian. Your excuse that the other game was The Avengers made no sense lol. You place the Avengers at greater importance to the Bible? :p

you did not completely read the excuse I gave, I said I was prepared to 'bite my toung' in this game since feverish said it would have things offensive to people like me who do find the bible more important than the avengers.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 3:47:09 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 1:30:47 PM, bluesteel wrote:
tv did play impressively, but once he killed jesus on DP1, all he really had to do was sit back and watch us lynch all the people with the worst claims first.

Sadly, I was the organ monkey who bumped of Jesus.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 4:37:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/25/2011 10:36:39 AM, nonentity wrote:
I still think roles and allegiances should've been announced. The point of mafia is they have to fake claim. Tv knew he was third party and thus should've fake claimed.

And tv, I wouldn't consider winning the game with Danielle still in it an achievement :p she was absent for most of it.

I didn't know she was going to be absent.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...